Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 11-25-2019, 07:42 AM   #31
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sea Dangles View Post
Maybe he is just resentful that a person such as Biden’s son can cut to the front of the line simply because his Dad is a global influencer. The kid is a born loser that has been enabled by his “ hands on” Dad.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Sounds like

Moscow Mitch and Kentucky transportation funding with his wife being Elaine Chao

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 11-25-2019, 07:59 AM   #32
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
I'll take a wild guess and say Lucifer.....
With Hitler as a co-signor.

No other developers have ever had a failure.
Old 11-25-2019, 08:11 AM   #33
RIROCKHOUND
Also known as OAK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
With Hitler as a co-signor.

No other developers have ever had a failure.
Its not about a failure. It is about who is financing his property with billions while he is making foreign policy directions as part of the white house.

Bryan

Originally Posted by #^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&
"For once I agree with Spence. UGH. I just hope I don't get the urge to go start buying armani suits to wear in my shop"
Old 11-25-2019, 08:18 AM   #34
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIROCKHOUND View Post
Its not about a failure. It is about who is financing his property with billions while he is making foreign policy directions as part of the white house.
Probably should investigate that or something
Old 11-25-2019, 08:23 AM   #35
Jim in CT

Quote:
To those guys, it is about the failure. They're explicitly saying that because one project failed, that means he's incompetent to make executive decisions.

I have always said they should all have had to separate themselves from family business.
Old 11-25-2019, 08:28 AM   #36
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sea Dangles View Post
Head in sand
Funny yours has been buried for some time only comming up to provide nothing of substance..
Old 11-25-2019, 08:29 AM   #37
RIROCKHOUND
Also known as OAK

Quote:
To those guys, it is about the failure. They're explicitly saying that because one project failed, that means he's incompetent to make executive decisions.

I have always said they should all have had to separate themselves from family business.
But they haven't. History will not be kind to Trump and his family nor to his supporters when everything comes out, particularly regarding emoluments.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
Probably should investigate that or something
100%, and investigate the Biden's while they are at it. Double check that Trump's kids are on the up and up as well. Which one of them was bragging about how many Russians own property in their properties again?

Bryan

"For once I agree with Spence. UGH. I just hope I don't get the urge to go start buying armani suits to wear in my shop"
Old 11-25-2019, 08:35 AM   #38
Jim in CT

Quote:
But they haven't. History will not be kind to Trump and his family nor to his supporters when everything comes out, particularly regarding emoluments.

100%, and investigate the Biden's while they are at it. Double check that Trump's kids are on the up and up as well. Which one of them was bragging about how many Russians own property in their properties again?
Right, they haven't, and in my opinion, they deserve criticism for that. I don't think he deserves to be removed form office for it, but it's one more thing to put into the "con" column. He has pros, he has cons.

What's going to happen if he gets re elected? 4 more years of temper tantrums?

Nikki Haley is looking formidable for 2024, with maybe Tom Cotton as the VP (honors graduate of Harvard and Harvard law, Army lieutenant with combat experience). Who are the dems going to run? AOC? Bernie Sanders again? They need some help developing their bench strength.
Old 11-25-2019, 08:37 AM   #39
wdmso

Quote:

He is incompetent, ever action he has Taken on His own . Fails , China. Korea Syria Ukraine, getting involved in war crime trials . Trump thinks having the authority or the perceived authority , he can make decisions that cant be questioned and are 100% perfect. But he makes these calls in his best interest not the county's

And sells America 1st but its a bait and switches it to Trump 1st

Last edited by wdmso; 11-25-2019 at 08:46 AM..
Old 11-25-2019, 08:41 AM   #40
RIROCKHOUND
Also known as OAK

Quote:
What's going to happen if he gets re elected? 4 more years of temper tantrums?
If he keeps acting like a petulant bitch, then yes, unfortunately. That is likely. He will have less filter, but a significant governor on that will be that he will not have another election over his head, and he will start to lose support from the right in both houses as they start looking at their own 2022 and 2024 reelections.

Quote:
Nikki Haley is looking formidable for 2024, with maybe Tom Cotton as the VP (honors graduate of Harvard and Harvard law, Army lieutenant with combat experience). Who are the dems going to run? AOC? Bernie Sanders again? They need some help developing their bench strength.
Odds are, there will be a recession in the short-term, likely between 2020 and 2024; that rarely bodes well for the party in power.

Bryan

Old 11-25-2019, 08:43 AM   #41
Sea Dangles

Clearly the greatest president of our lifetime
Old 11-25-2019, 08:44 AM   #42
Jim in CT

Quote:
Odds are, there will be a recession in the short-term, likely between 2020 and 2024; that rarely bodes well for the party in power.
That's very true. It's also telling, that that's the best hope for the Democratic party.

I think you're spot on, we are overdue for a modest recession (nothing like what happened in 2008). I have 40% of my IRA in cash, waiting for that to happen, then I'll jump back in.