Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » The Scuppers

The Scuppers This is a new forum for the not necessarily fishing related topics...

Old 02-16-2015, 12:07 PM   #1
JamesJet

Energy Co-ops

Anyone know anything about how they work? Seems like I get a flyer / mailing every other week asking me to join and showing pretty substantial savings over the normal electric company. Latest one to come is called "Energy Plus." Is it a scam? Whats the catch or is it really just that big business is full of overhead and these cut it out?
JamesJet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2015, 09:02 PM   #2
rickhern

I think you may be referring to third party suppliers. We have been deregulated for over 15 years, yet over 80% of customers have not taken advantage of their "Right To Choose" an energy supplier. Your local utility is still responsible for service, repair, billing, etc. but you can choose an actual SUPPLIER that will provide a better rate or better product(Green Energy).

I represent Viridian Energy. We are 60% Green in MA and still 20% less than Natgrid. Feel free to PM for more info.
rickhern is offline   Reply With Quote