Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 07-23-2016, 09:20 PM   #181
ecduzitgood
time to go

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
It was a #^&#^&#^&#^&show.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Will the DNC use subtitles, a translator, or just leave a large amount of Americans in the dark?
Old 07-24-2016, 06:58 AM   #182
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecduzitgood View Post
Compared to the well choreographed decision on Hillary being the Democratic nominee before the people even got to cast a vote.
https://gma.yahoo.com/video/leaked-d...232011026.html
So the RNC has always been for Trump they never sided with a certain candidate and gave him a fair shake

popular vote clinton sander
RCP Total - 15,805,136 12,029,699 Clinton +3,775,437

trump cruz kasich
Popular Vote Total - 13,300,472 7,637,262 4,165,281

rubio
3,481,610 Trump +5,663,210

the person with the most votes won in both partys ... thats how it works

So 27,834.835 voted in the Dem primaries

28,584.544 voted in GOP primaries looks like a dead heat
Old 07-24-2016, 07:15 AM   #183
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
So the RNC has always been for Trump they never sided with a certain candidate and gave him a fair shake

popular vote clinton sander
RCP Total - 15,805,136 12,029,699 Clinton +3,775,437

trump cruz kasich
Popular Vote Total - 13,300,472 7,637,262 4,165,281

rubio
3,481,610 Trump +5,663,210

the person with the most votes won in both partys ... thats how it works

So 27,834.835 voted in the Dem primaries

28,584.544 voted in GOP primaries looks like a dead heat
this is not complicated...

Hillary was the establishment pick....the dem establishment did everything in their power to ensure Hillary would become the nominee and were successful...the dem party is a totalitarian state run by entrenched thugs and criminals

BREAKING(CNN)The head of the Democratic National Committee will not speak at the party's convention next week, a decision reached by party officials Saturday after emails surfaced that raised questions about the committee's impartiality during the Democratic primary.

Trump was not the establishment pick...far from it.....the rep establishment did everything in their power to ensure Trump would not become the nominee and were unsuccessful

you can choose the Washington establishment candidate indebted to Wall Street, Unions, Special Interests, Foreign Interests, the establishment and continue business, corruption, debt and unsustainable paths as usual...and apparently more free stuff!!!

or you can choose someone from outside the Washington establishment who succeeded in securing the nomination using his own money for the most part and ignoring the beltway and media blowhards who insist on managing and directing American politics to their liking....it hard to tell how this might go but we know the alternative is not working and it's good to see that the rep establishment is losing absolute control over the direction of the party..Paul Ryan is in trouble...party leaders know that they are not untouchable

or you can simply not vote....

Last edited by scottw; 07-24-2016 at 08:07 AM..
Old 07-24-2016, 07:21 AM   #184
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
Where does Melania's plagiarism rankand Paul manafort lying and trying to blame Hillary rank on your sliding scale?
I suspect the bad behavior at the dem convention will quickly make everyone forget any blips at the rep conv......the disparate dem protest groups are preparing bags of urine and feces to hurl at each other throughout the week...we can only hope for 95 degree weather...."Welcome to the City of Brotherly Love"
Old 07-25-2016, 07:07 AM   #185
PaulS

Quote:
She said she wrote it WITH as little help as possible so that is not a lie. Well if that was not a lie they later lied and claimed a speechwriter wrote it. And since everyone and their brother agrees it was plagerism, then it sounds like you agree Melania is guilty.

Seeing as you didn't post any source I consider the rest of your post to just be your opinion or just propaganda.
Propaganda -

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...michelle-obama

"In an interview with Matt Lauer of NBC, Melania Trump said of her speech: “I wrote it with a little help as possible.”

“There’s no cribbing of Michelle Obama’s speech,” Manafort told CNN, adding “there’s no feeling on her part that she did it.” Manafort suggested that she was simply using “words that are common words”.

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/0...e-obama-225794

"There's no cribbing of Michelle Obama's speech. These are common words and values that she cares about her family, things like that,” Manafort said Tuesday morning when asked by CNN anchor Chris Cuomo about the plagiarism allegations. “I mean, she was speaking in front of 35 million people last night. She knew that. To think that she would be cribbing Michelle Obama's words is crazy. This is once again an example of when a woman threatens Hillary Clinton, how she seeks out to demean her and take her down. It's not going to work"

It is hilarious that the part about integrity, hard work and honesty where plagiarized.
Old 07-25-2016, 07:10 AM   #186
scottw

Quote:

Propaganda -

It is hilarious that the part about integrity, hard work and honesty where plagiarized.
nobody cares..."move along"
Old 07-25-2016, 07:32 AM   #187
PaulS

I agree, minor issue.

Let's talk about something really important like what Obama's priest said 10 years ago.
Old 07-25-2016, 07:36 AM   #188
Jim in CT

Quote:
Propaganda -

"In an interview with Matt Lauer of NBC, Melania Trump said of her speech: “I wrote it with a little help as possible.”

“There’s no cribbing of Michelle Obama’s speech,” Manafort told CNN, adding “there’s no feeling on her part that she did it.” Manafort suggested that she was simply using “words that are common words”.

"There's no cribbing of Michelle Obama's speech. These are common words and values that she cares about her family, things like that,” Manafort said Tuesday morning when asked by CNN anchor Chris Cuomo about the plagiarism allegations. “I mean, she was speaking in front of 35 million people last night. She knew that. To think that she would be cribbing Michelle Obama's words is crazy. This is once again an example of when a woman threatens Hillary Clinton, how she seeks out to demean her and take her down. It's not going to work"

Paul, you are saying that you are concerned with the moral compass of the presidential candidate's spouse? OK, shall we talk about Bill Clinton? Or will you admit the double standard?

Mrs Trump is likely a bubble brained, shallow, gold-digger.

Can you concede that Hilary's spouse isn't exactly anyone's idea of a pillar of morality?
Old 07-25-2016, 07:39 AM   #189
ecduzitgood
time to go

Quote:
Propaganda -

If it was the Democrats the speech writer would get a promotion just like Wasserman who was shown to be rigging the system against their own Democratic candidate Bernie Sanders.

Where are ALL THE outright lies since it seems you admit you were wrong about who wrote the speech?

Last edited by ecduzitgood; 07-25-2016 at 07:45 AM..
Old 07-25-2016, 08:58 AM   #190
PaulS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
Paul, you are saying that you are concerned with the moral compass of the presidential candidate's spouse? OK, shall we talk about Bill Clinton? Or will you admit the double standard?

Mrs Trump is likely a bubble brained, shallow, gold-digger.

Can you concede that Hilary's spouse isn't exactly anyone's idea of a pillar of morality?
No, I've said a couple times that I wasn't concerned with Melania. Frankly, I don't know why anyone cares about the spouse of candidate for the most part. I was more concerned with the lies that came out afterward and the attempt to blame someone (Hillary) who had absolutely nothing to do with the Plagarism.

I do think there are more important things to discuss - like what Rev. Wright said 10 years ago.
Old 07-25-2016, 09:00 AM   #191
PaulS

Quote:

Where are ALL THE outright lies since it seems you admit you were wrong about who wrote the speech?

Have you not followed anything? Why would I admit something that is incorrect. You seem to not have the least bit of knowledge of the story.
Old 07-25-2016, 09:11 AM   #192
Jim in CT

Quote:
No, I've said a couple times that I wasn't concerned with Melania. Frankly, I don't know why anyone cares about the spouse of candidate for the most part. I was more concerned with the lies that came out afterward and the attempt to blame someone (Hillary) who had absolutely nothing to do with the Plagarism.

I do think there are more important things to discuss - like what Rev. Wright said 10 years ago.
I'm not as concerned with what Rev Wright said, as I am with the fact that Obama embraced that hateful bile. If Trump said that a white supremacist was his spiritual mentor, that wouldn't concern you? It would concern me.
Old 07-25-2016, 09:15 AM   #193
PaulS

Quote:
I'm not as concerned with what Rev Wright said, as I am with the fact that Obama embraced that hateful bile. If Trump said that a white supremacist was his spiritual mentor, that wouldn't concern you? It would concern me.
You have no proof he "embraced that hateful bile". It is your pettiness and hate. In the past I've provided you with quotes from people who went to the church who said he went off on his tirades, people would roll their eyes and laugh amongst themselves.
Old 07-25-2016, 09:28 AM   #194
Jim in CT

Quote:
You have no proof he "embraced that hateful bile". It is your pettiness and hate. In the past I've provided you with quotes from people who went to the church who said he went off on his tirades, people would roll their eyes and laugh amongst themselves.
"You have no proof he "embraced that hateful bile".

I don't? Hmmm.

Obama called Wright his spiritual mentor, and said he wouldn't abandon Wright any sooner than he abandoned his grandmother. Meaning, Obama considered Wright as important to him, as his grandmother. And Obama, showing the courage of his convictions, stood by Wright. Until polling suggested that he'd be better off throwing him under the bus, so he did, but I digress.

Obama chose to have Wright baptize his daughters.

Obama chose to have Wright marry him and Michelle.

So either Obama embraced what Wright believed, or he wanted people to think he did, for political support.

Is there another option, Paul?

I'm voting for Trump. If we was some kind of minister, I wouldn't let him anywhere near my wedding or my kids' baptism.

"people would roll their eyes and laugh amongst themselves"

And then go back to that "church" the next week. Which means they agree with the message.
Old 07-25-2016, 09:40 AM   #195
PaulS

Nothing that you wrote proved Pres. Obama "embraced that hateful bile".

So you support Trump's racist views?
Old 07-25-2016, 09:55 AM   #196
Jim in CT

Quote:
Nothing that you wrote proved Pres. Obama "embraced that hateful bile".

So you support Trump's racist views?
Right, Paul. Sure. Barack was offended by all that stuff. That's what he went to the church every Sunday for 20 years, and formed an obviously deep, close relationship with the man. You have to believe that Obama (despite how stingy his VP is) gave at least some money to that collection basket.

I don't like any of the idiotic things Trump says. Here's the difference between me and you, and between me and Spence. I can admit the true flaws with my party's nominee. You can't.

If Trump said that the folks at the Westboro Baptist Church were his spiritual advisors, you bet I'd come out against that. No one expects that kind of intellectual honesty from the left.
Old 07-25-2016, 10:28 AM   #197
ecduzitgood
time to go

Quote:
Have you not followed anything? Why would I admit something that is incorrect. You seem to not have the least bit of knowledge of the story.
Yes, I have followed it and don't see your supposed proof, sell that to the Democratic base.
Old 07-25-2016, 10:31 AM   #198
PaulS

Quote:
Yes, I have followed it and don't see your supposed proof, sell that to the Democratic base.
Melania said she wrote it with minimal help. Later the campaign said a staffer wrote it. Did you not see that anywhere?

What part did hillary have in this?
Old 07-25-2016, 10:34 AM   #199
PaulS

Quote:
Right, Paul. Sure. Barack was offended by all that stuff. That's what he went to the church every Sunday for 20 years, and formed an obviously deep, close relationship with the man. You have to believe that Obama (despite how stingy his VP is) gave at least some money to that collection basket.

I don't like any of the idiotic things Trump says. Here's the difference between me and you, and between me and Spence. I can admit the true flaws with my party's nominee. You can't.

If Trump said that the folks at the Westboro Baptist Church were his spiritual advisors, you bet I'd come out against that. No one expects that kind of intellectual honesty from the left.
So do you support Trump's racist view or not? Seems like you ignored that question.
Old 07-25-2016, 10:37 AM   #200
ecduzitgood
time to go

http://www.cnn.com/2016/07/20/politi...-organization/
The Clinton camp who Hillary leads was the first to get the story out. I suppose Hillary played no part in the smear campaign against the other Democratic candidate in your opinion.

Last edited by ecduzitgood; 07-25-2016 at 10:46 AM..
Old 07-25-2016, 10:49 AM   #201
PaulS

Quote:
http://www.cnn.com/2016/07/20/politi...-organization/
The Clinton camp who Hillary leads was the first to get the story out. I suppose Hillary played no part in the smear campaign against the other Democratic candidate in your opinion.
You need to read things a little slower so you can understand them a little better. The first person to get it out was a guy who tweeted it. I'll even post a link to help you understand.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...oped-everyone/

Paul Manafort blamed Hillary - she had nothing to do with it.

At least you now seem to understand about the lies.

Edit- Even your own link showed that the first to figure out Melania plagarized was someone not associated w/the campaign. Didn't you even read your own link?

Last edited by PaulS; 07-25-2016 at 11:05 AM..
Old 07-25-2016, 11:09 AM   #202
buckman

Quote:
So do you support Trump's racist view or not? Seems like you ignored that question.
Where is your evidence that he has racist views ? I don't think he's a racist at all , I think you might be though
Old 07-25-2016, 11:12 AM   #203
Jim in CT

Quote:
I said I don't like any of the idiotic things he says. That would include anything racist.

Now, why would one go to a church for 20 years, if they didn't buy into the pastor's message? If Wright claims white people are bad, and the congregation chuckles (as you said), and then comes back the following week, that's OK with you? The proper response to that kind of racist hate, is laughter? Is that what you think? Because that's what you said.

A person of integrity would walk out and not go back.
Old 07-25-2016, 11:25 AM   #204
ecduzitgood
time to go

Quote:
You need to read things a little slower so you can understand them a little better. The first person to get it out was a guy who tweeted it. I'll even post a link to help you understand.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...oped-everyone/

Paul Manafort blamed Hillary - she had nothing to do with it.

At least you now seem to understand about the lies.

Edit- Even your own link showed that the first to figure out Melania plagarized was someone not associated w/the campaign. Didn't you even read your own link?
Which link? If I wasn't so busy looking up your facts I may have caught that, where is it again?

Did the person get identified before or after Manafort made the comment about the Hilary CAMP pushing the issue.
Old 07-25-2016, 11:25 AM   #205
PaulS

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckman View Post
Where is your evidence that he has racist views ? I don't think he's a racist at all , I think you might be though
Classy
Old 07-25-2016, 11:27 AM   #206
PaulS

Quote:
I said I don't like any of the idiotic things he says. That would include anything racist.

Now, why would one go to a church for 20 years, if they didn't buy into the pastor's message? If Wright claims white people are bad, and the congregation chuckles (as you said), and then comes back the following week, that's OK with you? The proper response to that kind of racist hate, is laughter? Is that what you think? Because that's what you said.

A person of integrity would walk out and not go back.
So you can support someone bc of some of his beliefs/actions and dislike others but won't understand someone doing the same.

I got it now. Thanks
Old 07-25-2016, 11:31 AM   #207
ecduzitgood
time to go

Quote:
So you can support someone bc of some of his beliefs/actions and dislike others but won't understand someone doing the same.

I got it now. Thanks
You say you think he is a racist yet he hires hundreds if not thousands of non-Caucasian people including women.
Old 07-25-2016, 11:40 AM   #208
buckman

Quote:
You say you think he is a racist yet he hires hundreds if not thousands of non-Caucasian people including women.
Exactly. People that yell racist all the time are usually the ones dividing by race .
Old 07-25-2016, 11:41 AM   #209
PaulS

Quote:
Did the person get identified before or after Manafort made the comment about the Hilary CAMP pushing the issue.
IF the person who broke the story hadn't yet broken the story, how would Paul Manafort have know to make the comment?

And Hillary's camp did not push the issue.
Old 07-25-2016, 11:43 AM   #210
buckman

Quote:
Classy
There was a question there .