Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 07-25-2016, 11:44 AM   #211
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
So you can support someone bc of some of his beliefs/actions and dislike others but won't understand someone doing the same.

I got it now. Thanks
No you don't get it. Because liberals don't do what I do.

Paul, here is the difference. I can say out loud "Donald Trump is crass and can be a jerk. But I am voting for him because I think Hilary is evil."

I don't see anyone here saying "Hilary is a compulsive liar who married, and enabled, a predator of women. But I am voting for her anyway because Trump is worse"

That's not what most liberals say. The vast majority, deny that Hilary has issues with telling the truth. And they call her a champion of women's rights, and they do it with a straight face.

So I will ask you. Is Hilary a compulsive liar, or not? Spence says no.

She said Bill wasn't cheating on her, but that the GOP (via a vast right wing conspiracy) was framing him.

She said she was under sniper attack on an overseas visit, and refuses to concede that was a lie.

She said she turned over all her work emails to the FBI (except for the 3,000 they found on their own)

She said she sent no emails flagged as classified (except for the 3 she sent that were flagged as classified).

Have fun with that Paul.
Old 07-25-2016, 11:46 AM   #212
PaulS

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckman View Post
Exactly. People that yell racist all the time are usually the ones dividing by race .
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
His family has a long history of discrimination. The justice dept. sued Trunp over discrimination at his apt. buildings multiple times. He repeatedly retweets messages from White/Nazi supremacists.
Old 07-25-2016, 11:47 AM   #213
PaulS

Jim, face it you're a hypocrite. You can justify your actions but someone you hate won't get the same benefit.
Old 07-25-2016, 11:54 AM   #214
ecduzitgood
time to go

Quote:
IF the person who broke the story hadn't yet broken the story, how would Paul Manafort have know to make the comment?

And Hillary's camp did not push the issue.
You didn't answer the question.
If he didn't know the twitter connection who else do you think he would have suspected of making this a big issue? The most I will give you at this point is, he may have assumed incorrectly and voiced his opinion which isn't really a lie in my opinion.
Old 07-25-2016, 11:57 AM   #215
ecduzitgood
time to go

Quote:
His family has a long history of discrimination. The justice dept. sued Trunp over discrimination at his apt. buildings multiple times. He repeatedly retweets messages from White/Nazi supremacists.
Propaganda without a link to back up your opinion.
Never mind, as usual I did the work and found that was 43 years ago and a much different time in regaurds to the race relationships. Now how about posting those retweets so we can see what this is all about.

Last edited by ecduzitgood; 07-25-2016 at 12:04 PM..
Old 07-25-2016, 11:59 AM   #216
buckman

Quote:
The case was dismissed .
Hillary was a big supporter of Senator Byrd . An actual member of the Ku Klux Klan.
Does it bother you the DNC called an operation to recruit Hispanics , Operation Taco Bowl ?
Old 07-25-2016, 12:42 PM   #217
ecduzitgood
time to go

Quote:
His family has a long history of racism...the whole family is racist?
I have got to see you back that up.

Hillary has history of racism herself, need I remind you of her super preditor label she gave blacks?

http://www.breitbart.com/big-governm...-racist-top-5/

https://youtu.be/8k4nmRZx9nc
Old 07-25-2016, 01:30 PM   #218
Jim in CT

Quote:
Jim, face it you're a hypocrite. You can justify your actions but someone you hate won't get the same benefit.
I think you are coming un-glued

I asked you if you were capable of criticizing Hilary as I did Trump - and you dodged completely, instead calling me a hypocrite.

I'll try one. Last. Time.

I will immediately admit that Trump is a boorish, crass, loud-mouthed jerk.

OK?

Now, can you concede that Hilary is a serial liar who denigrated the female victims of her husband's predation? Yes or no?

I called out Dems for being unable to criticize Hilary. You refuse to criticize her. In other words, you prove my point exactly. And you say I am thy hypocrite.

You hold Trump accountable for his flaws. You refuse to do the same with Hilary. And I am the hypocrite? So pointing out glaring hypocrisy, makes me a hypocrite, I see!
Old 07-25-2016, 01:34 PM   #219
PaulS

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecduzitgood View Post
You didn't answer the question.
If he didn't know the twitter connection who else do you think he would have suspected of making this a big issue? The most I will give you at this point is, he may have assumed incorrectly and voiced his opinion which isn't really a lie in my opinion.

Twitter Connection

It is a lie. You're deceiving yourself. I've pointed out responses to your misunderstanding repeatedly. It blew up on Twiter. Hillary had nothing to do with it.

So the best you have is that Manafort's initial reaction was to blame Hillary for something he wasn't sure of? What a joke.

Last edited by PaulS; 07-25-2016 at 01:43 PM..
Old 07-25-2016, 01:42 PM   #220
PaulS

Quote:
The case was dismissed .
Hillary was a big supporter of Senator Byrd . An actual member of the Ku Klux Klan.
Does it bother you the DNC called an operation to recruit Hispanics , Operation Taco Bowl ?
https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...160_story.html

According to this it was not dismissed. Do you have a link to a story stating it was dismissed?

You seem to have ignored all his tweets and comments (even Paul Ryan views his comments about the judge as racist).

Sen. Byrd was a racist who renounced his views and regretted his earlier votes/actions.

Last edited by PaulS; 07-25-2016 at 01:57 PM..
Old 07-25-2016, 01:44 PM   #221
PaulS

[QUOTE=ecduzitgood;1104993]His family has a long history of racism...the whole family is racist?
I have got to see you back that up.

/QUOTE]

See the other link -

The best you have is "the whole family" bc I never said the whole family? His father certainly had issues with renting to minorities.
Old 07-25-2016, 01:55 PM   #222
PaulS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
I think you are coming un-glued

I asked you if you were capable of criticizing Hilary as I did Trump - and you dodged completely, instead calling me a hypocrite.Yes, I think you're a hypocrite on his bc your justifing your voting for him (supporting?) even though you don't agree with everything he says/does yet you can't apply that same standard to Pre. Obama.

I'll try one. Last. Time.

I will immediately admit that Trump is a boorish, crass, loud-mouthed jerk.

OK?

Now, can you concede that Hilary is a serial liar who denigrated the female victims of her husband's predation? Yes or no? I don't think she is a serial liar. Has she been wrong (who knows if they are lies or what. If you want to call them lies, you can.

I called out Dems for being unable to criticize Hilary. You refuse to criticize her. I criticize her plenty. Not my #1 Dem. candidateIn other words, you prove my point exactly. And you say I am thy hypocrite.

You hold Trump accountable for his flaws. You refuse to do the same with Hilary. And I am the hypocrite? So pointing out glaring hypocrisy, makes me a hypocrite, I see!
Every indep. fact checking org. says Trump has been more dishonest than Hillary (and more than every other Rep. and Dem. candidate and when I've pointed that out in the past you say something along the lines of "Who says they are independent?".
Old 07-25-2016, 01:59 PM   #223
Jim in CT

Quote:
His family has a long history of discrimination. .
As opposed to the Clintons!

In 2008, Bill said that not long before, Obama would have been serving him coffee.

Hilary is a huge fan of Margaret Sanger. She won the Margaret Sanger award!

Both Clintons loved Robert Byrd.

Former Arkansas Senator J. William Fulbright (segregationist) was given the Presidential Medal of Freedom by Clinton in 1993. In the ceremony, he referred to Fulbright as “my mentor.”

Another Arkansas segregationist, Orval Faubus, was another one of Clinton’s political mentors. Faubus was the governor who tried to stop the integration of Little Rock High School in 1957 by using the Arkansas National Guard. Integration occurred after President Dwight D. Eisenhower, a Republican, superseded Faubus and nationalized the Arkansas National Guard
Old 07-25-2016, 02:13 PM   #224
scottw

Quote:
Every indep. fact checking org. says Trump has been more dishonest than Hillary (and more than every other Rep. and Dem. candidate .
this needs to be fact checked

most polls show Americans believe Trump is far more honest and trustworthy than Shill...and that is actually what matters

Last edited by scottw; 07-25-2016 at 02:20 PM..
Old 07-25-2016, 02:34 PM   #225
Jim in CT

Quote:
Every indep. fact checking org. says Trump has been more dishonest than Hillary (and more than every other Rep. and Dem. candidate and when I've pointed that out in the past you say something along the lines of "Who says they are independent?".
So you 'don't know' if she was lying when she said she came under sniper fire at that airport? Have you seen the video?

Paul, correct me if I'm wrong. The only way she wasn't lying, is if she truly believes a sniper tried to shoot her. In which case she isn't a liar, she is a lunatic.

You say I am a hypocrite because I am voting for trump, even though I recognize his ethical lapses. Again, does that mean you don't admit that Hilary has ethical lapses? You agree with every single thing she has ever said or done?

I have yet to meet a perfect politician. I have to vote for somebody, I have to vote for the best available fit. Not sure how that makes me a hypocrite.

Neither you nor Spence can bring yourself to admit that she lied about the sniper thing. That is absolutely incredible to me. Is she blackmailing you guys? What do you think would happen, if you said out loud, "yes she is a liar, but I am voting for her, because I like her policies more than those of Trump". I promise, the world will keep spinning if you say that.
Old 07-25-2016, 02:46 PM   #226
Jim in CT

Quote:
What I say about those studies, is that honesty is a tough thing to quantify. For example, Hilary says all the time that I am anti woman because I am pro life. She says that in just about every speech. Does that get counted among the lies? If not, then who cares what the study concludes? I mean, you can't take a random sample of 50 quotes and determine the % that are lies. You'd have to look at everything they ever said.

Take it from a professional number cruncher...it's not remotely reliable.
Old 07-25-2016, 02:47 PM   #227
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
this needs to be fact checked

most polls show Americans believe Trump is far more honest and trustworthy than Shill...and that is actually what matters
Correct. He does better than her (more accurately, doesn't do as bad as her) in trustworthiness.

He's a jerk. She is a George Costanza-class liar. Two beauties.
Old 07-25-2016, 02:56 PM   #228
PaulS

Quote:
So you 'don't know' if she was lying when she said she came under sniper fire at that airport? Have you seen the video? I said I didn't think she was a "serial liar". She acknowledged her lie, apologized and that is good enough for me. Same as I would have done with Trump on a few statements. However, his go on and on and on. I don't view every wrong thing that comes out of someone's mouth as a lie. 24 hour news cycle, their being tired, constantly being asked questions, everyone disecting every word, etc.

Paul, correct me if I'm wrong. The only way she wasn't lying, is if she truly believes a sniper tried to shoot her. In which case she isn't a liar, she is a lunatic.

You say I am a hypocrite because I am voting for trump, even though I recognize his ethical lapses. No, I'm saying you're a hypocrite for not recognizing someone can support someone even though they don't agree with 100% of what they do/say. Yes, you view that he has lapses but you can overlook some aspect bc you think the other aspects of him are better than the alternative. Again, does that mean you don't admit that Hilary has ethical lapses? You agree with every single thing she has ever said or done?Abs. not. I don't and have never agreed to everything any politition has ever done. I try to vote for whom I think will most likely support my positions.

I have yet to meet a perfect politician. I have to vote for somebody, I have to vote for the best available fit. Not sure how that makes me a hypocrite.

Neither you nor Spence can bring yourself to admit that she lied about the sniper thing. That is absolutely incredible to me. Is she blackmailing you guys? What do you think would happen, if you said out loud, "yes she is a liar, but I am voting for her, because I like her policies more than those of Trump". I promise, the world will keep spinning if you say that.
NM
Old 07-25-2016, 03:00 PM   #229
buckman

Quote:
https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...160_story.html

According to this it was not dismissed. Do you have a link to a story stating it was dismissed?

You seem to have ignored all his tweets and comments (even Paul Ryan views his comments about the judge as racist).

Sen. Byrd was a racist who renounced his views and regretted his earlier votes/actions.

You really shouldn't use The Washington Post to back up your stories. Some of the emails have shown that they ran some of their stories by the DNC to be edited before being published. 😂
Old 07-25-2016, 03:07 PM   #230
Jim in CT

Quote:
NM
"I said I didn't think she was a "serial liar".

No, you said you don't know if she lied at all. "who knows if they are lies or what. If you want to call them lies, you can"

What do you call them, out of curiosity?

"She acknowledged her lie"

Where and when did she do that?

"However, his go on and on and on"

And so do her lies. Republicans hate women, blacks, gays, etc, etc, etc. All lies. Have you aver called her on that? You sure don't like it when I paint a large group with a broad brush. Have you ever criticized her for doing it?

I'm not saying I expect liberals not to vote for her. I am saying it would be nice if they'd hold her accountable for her actions, they way they do with Trump. And they don't. In this thread, you are bending over backwards to avoid saying she lied. If being tired leads her to think that a smiling child handing her a flower is actually an enemy sniper, what the hell is going to happen when she gets woken up in the middle of the night to deal with a crisis?
Old 07-25-2016, 05:18 PM   #231
ecduzitgood
time to go

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
It was a #^&#^&#^&#^&show.
Any chance you are watching the DNC (Democratic national convention)...pretty good so far..lol
Old 07-26-2016, 06:29 AM   #232
PaulS

Quote:

You really shouldn't use The Washington Post to back up your stories. Some of the emails have shown that they ran some of their stories by the DNC to be edited before being published. ��
Do you have a link to the case you said was dismissed? I'd be interested to know if the source I used was wrong.
Old 07-26-2016, 06:33 AM   #233
PaulS

Quote:
"I said I didn't think she was a "serial liar".

No, you said you don't know if she lied at all. "who knows if they are lies or what. If you want to call them lies, you can"
Actually, I did say that in post 222 and 228.
Old 07-26-2016, 06:39 AM   #234
PaulS

Hillary Clinton has conceded that she "did misspeak" about landing in Bosnia under sniper fire, blaming tiredness for a dramatic description that was shown to have been significantly exaggerated.

After initially dismissing the controversy over her comments as a "minor blip", she told a Pittsburgh radio station: "You know I have written about this and described it in many different settings and I did misspeak the other day. This has been a very long campaign. Occasionally, I am a human being like everybody else."

I thought this happened 2 years ago. It was 1996.
Old 07-26-2016, 06:50 AM   #235
scottw

Quote:

blaming tiredness for a dramatic description that was shown to have been significantly exaggerated.
I could care less about her story but this is hilarious, when I'm really tired I tend to tell animated made up stories that never happened too, about supposed guns and sniper attacks and exaggerating fearing for my life in far away lands.........I mean...that's what most people "humans" do when they are tired ....right????
Old 07-26-2016, 07:14 AM   #236
ecduzitgood
time to go

Tired...seems more in line with dementia.
Old 07-26-2016, 07:39 AM   #237
Jim in CT

Quote:
Hillary Clinton has conceded that she "did misspeak" about landing in Bosnia under sniper fire, blaming tiredness for a dramatic description that was shown to have been significantly exaggerated.

After initially dismissing the controversy over her comments as a "minor blip", she told a Pittsburgh radio station: "You know I have written about this and described it in many different settings and I did misspeak the other day. This has been a very long campaign. Occasionally, I am a human being like everybody else."

I thought this happened 2 years ago. It was 1996.
"Hillary Clinton has conceded that she "did misspeak" about landing in Bosnia under sniper fire, blaming tiredness "

Yes that's what she said. And no rational person believes that. First, saying "I misspoke" is nowhere near the same as saying "I lied". What she did, is claim that she made an honest mistake. The problem, no normally functioning human being, ever, has honestly mistaken a smiling child handing you a flower, with a sniper shooting at your head. Second, as I asked before (and which you dodged, naturally), if being tired renders her unable to differentiate between a smiling child and an enemy sniper, how can you say she's fit to be POTUS?

Paul, give it up. You won't admit she lied, and no one believes that she made an honest mistake. No one confuses such things.

"significantly exaggerated."

As opposed to lied. Got it.

How do you guys say these things with a straight face, exactly?
Old 07-26-2016, 07:45 AM   #238
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
I could care less about her story but this is hilarious, when I'm really tired I tend to tell animated made up stories that never happened too, about supposed guns and sniper attacks and exaggerating fearing for my life in far away lands.........I mean...that's what most people "humans" do when they are tired ....right????
Exactly. Anyone who has ever taken care of a newborn, knows what it feels like to be exhausted to the limits of human tolerance. I don't know any parent, whore tiredness led them to believe that the girl scout selling cookies at the door, was in fact an enemy sniper shooting at them.

It is beyond absurd.

But this is a perfect example of what I mean when I say this...it's almost impossible to be intellectually honest if you are a liberal. Look at Paul's posts...she misspoke and exaggerated, only because she was tired. He can't bring himself to just say what everyone knows to be true...that she lied. He can't just say, "she lied". But he has no problem telling us when Trump lies, and he won't accept "being tired" as a justifiable excuse when Trump does it.

The intellectual dishonesty, and hypocrisy, is staggering.
Old 07-26-2016, 07:52 AM   #239
ecduzitgood
time to go

Quote:
Exactly. Anyone who has ever taken care of a newborn, knows what it feels like to be exhausted to the limits of human tolerance. I don't know any parent, whore tiredness led them to believe that the girl scout selling cookies at the door, was in fact an enemy sniper shooting at them.

It is beyond absurd.

But this is a perfect example of what I mean when I say this...it's almost impossible to be intellectually honest if you are a liberal. Look at Paul's posts...she misspoke and exaggerated, only because she was tired. He can't bring himself to just say what everyone knows to be true...that she lied. He can't just say, "she lied". But he has no problem telling us when Trump lies, and he won't accept "being tired" as a justifiable excuse when Trump does it.

The intellectual dishonesty, and hypocrisy, is staggering.
You just can't fix stupid, especially when the person feels they are so superior to others.
Old 07-26-2016, 07:57 AM   #240
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecduzitgood View Post
You just can't fix stupid, especially when the person feels they are so superior to others.
But it works. As long as one has no reservations with being devoid of morals, then embracing the liberal ideology is quite effective as a political strategy. Here in my home state of CT, we have a very wealthy and educated citizenry. Yet everything is a mess, we are on the brink of insolvency, and we rank near the bottom of almost everything that can be measured, and people who work cannot flee the state fast enough. Yet the liberals get 99.98% of the vote every November. It's un-explainable.

There at the Democrat convention, you have the very people who were actively working against Bernie Sanders, telling the crowd to show them respect, and saying that the story isn't what was in the emails, but rather, who brought them to light.