Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 03-23-2010, 02:13 PM   #1
RIJIMMY
sick of bluefish

This is a big f***ing deal

Biden drops the F-bomb at health care bill signing
Posted: March 23, 2010, 12:24 PM by Ron Nurwisah
U.S. Politics
Joe Biden always seems to have a way of saying pretty funny things at the most inappropriate times.

Tuesday's signing of the health care bill was no exception. The Vice-President quoted from classical poet Dr. Seuss Virgil: "The greatest wealth is health" and even used the argot of the street to sum up the single biggest domestic accomplishment of the Obama presidency.

Biden, who introduced the President to applause from various lawmakers and supporters, can be heard whispering to Barack Obama "This is a big f***ing deal ." Oh Joe, Stating the obvious in the most hilarious way.

Listen to the clip very carefully at around the nine-second mark:

Read more: Biden drops the F-bomb at health care bill signing - Posted
The National Post is now on Facebook. Join our fan community today.

making s-b.com a kinder, gentler place for all
Old 03-23-2010, 02:15 PM   #2
Nebe

It is a big fing deal.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 03-23-2010, 02:37 PM   #3
RIJIMMY
sick of bluefish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebe View Post
It is a big fing deal.
a democratic held congress and democratic president spending a year to pass a democratic bill which the majority of the country is against. Is a pretty sad deal.

making s-b.com a kinder, gentler place for all
Old 03-23-2010, 03:26 PM   #4
JohnnyD

Pardon the pun, but what's the big deal? Everyone that posts on this forum swears like a sailor.

I'll save you a post:
"He's the vice-president and should present himself in a more respectable manner."

Biden certainly wasn't chosen for his social graces - something you quite regularly point out.
Old 03-23-2010, 03:43 PM   #5
buckman

The VP really is a complete idiot. I can't even begin to imagine him as President.
Old 03-23-2010, 03:44 PM   #6
buckman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebe View Post
It is a big fing deal.
It's just a big fing
Old 03-23-2010, 04:12 PM   #7
fishbones

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyD View Post
Pardon the pun, but what's the big deal? Everyone that posts on this forum swears like a sailor.

I'll save you a post:
"He's the vice-president and should present himself in a more respectable manner."

Biden certainly wasn't chosen for his social graces - something you quite regularly point out.
It was a pretty big deal to the libs whenever Bush mis-spoke or made a gaff. Turnabout is fair play. Biden is a career political hack who should know better. Or he's just really stupid and can't help himself. I guess the public shouldn't have high expectations from a plagarist.

JD, you know why he was chosen as a running mate for Obama, don't you? He brought in a demographic to help get votes, not because he'd make a good President if anything happened to Obama. It was the same reason Palin was chosen by McCain.
Old 03-23-2010, 04:19 PM   #8
JohnnyD

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishbones View Post
JD, you know why he was chosen as a running mate for Obama, don't you? He brought in a demographic to help get votes, not because he'd make a good President if anything happened to Obama. It was the same reason Palin was chosen by McCain.
Absolutely. More than likely, the motivation behind the choice of many vice-presidents.
Old 03-23-2010, 06:53 PM   #9
striperman36
Old Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckman View Post
The VP really is a complete idiot. I can't even begin to imagine him as President.
dan quayle, gerald ford, the list go's back from there
Old 03-23-2010, 07:08 PM   #10
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishbones View Post
It was a pretty big deal to the libs whenever Bush mis-spoke or made a gaff. Turnabout is fair play. Biden is a career political hack who should know better. Or he's just really stupid and can't help himself. I guess the public shouldn't have high expectations from a plagarist.
Except this wasn't a gaff, it was a comment made in private that you happened to hear. You seem so eager to jump on the man you're not thinking straight...

If you're this easily distracted, it's a good thing you're not VP.

-spence
Old 03-23-2010, 07:28 PM   #11
Backbeach Jake

What he meant to say was " This is a Big Effing deal that's the same as the Massachusetts Big Effing deal that Romney no longer approves of because a Democrat made it national"
Old 03-23-2010, 10:30 PM   #12
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Backbeach Jake View Post
What he meant to say was " This is a Big Effing deal that's the same as the Massachusetts Big Effing deal that Romney no longer approves of because a Democrat made it national"
if that's what he meant to say, he's an effing idiot...Romney would likely tell you that it's one thing for a state to create universal coverage for it's population..Oregon has done it(it's a disaster) and the Mass. version(going splendidly)...but it's quite another for the Federal Government to mandate this..."State's Rights"...whenever the democrats stop urinating on the Constitution, Bill of Rights and America's founding principles of limited government, liberty and individual freedom , you can pick them up shake them off and reacquaint yourself with them
Old 03-24-2010, 05:43 AM   #13
buckman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Backbeach Jake View Post
I heard Romney on Larry King last night, he didn't say any such thing
Old 03-24-2010, 05:44 AM   #14
buckman

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
Except this wasn't a gaff, it was a comment made in private that you happened to hear. You seem so eager to jump on the man you're not thinking straight...

-spence
and.......
Old 03-24-2010, 09:35 AM   #15
PaulS

Good thing he didn't give someone the finger, people's heads would be exploding here.
Old 03-24-2010, 10:07 AM   #16
fishbones

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post

-spence
You're just so eager to stick up for your binky. I never referred to it as a gaff. I said he should know better, which he should. Nothing is off the record or private when there are cameras or microphones around. I don't know the man to dislike him. In fact, I'd probably like sitting down with him and shooting the bull. If anything else, I'd probably have a good laugh.

The comment about me being so easily distracted that it's good I'm not the VP is just
Old 03-24-2010, 10:47 AM   #17
PaulS

WASHINGTON (June 26) - The Washington Post on Friday defended its decision to print an obscenity uttered by Vice President #^&#^&#^&#^& Cheney during a confrontation in the Senate this week.

In a story published Friday, the Post quoted Cheney as saying "F--- yourself" to Sen. Patrick Leahy, D-Vt. The Post printed the entire four-letter curse, minus the dashes, something the paper says it hasn't done since publishing Kenneth Starr's report on the Clinton-Lewinsky affair in 1998.

In a story posted on its Web site, Post executive editor Leonard Downie Jr. said, "When the vice president of the United States says it to a senator in the way in which he said it on the Senate floor, readers need to judge for themselves what the word is because we don't play games at The Washington Post and use dashes."

A few dozen readers had complained about the curse, the paper said.

The Post's story on Friday also made mention of a 2000 incident in which then-presidential candidate George W. Bush made an off-mike comment about a New York Times reporter, calling him a "major league expletive." The Post did not print the expletive Friday. Downie said the Post printed the word in its 2000 story and he saw no reason to repeat it.

According to Senate aides, Cheney confronted Leahy about the senator's criticism of military contracts awarded to Cheney's former company, Halliburton. Leahy responded by criticizing the White House for standing by its allies who accused Democrats of being anti-Catholic in opposing one of Bush's judicial nominees. Cheney then responded with the F-word.
Old 03-24-2010, 10:55 AM   #18
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
WASHINGTON (June 26) - The Washington Post on Friday defended its decision to print an obscenity uttered by Vice President #^&#^&#^&#^& Cheney during a confrontation in the Senate this week.

In a story published Friday, the Post quoted Cheney as saying "F--- yourself" to Sen. Patrick Leahy, D-Vt. The Post printed the entire four-letter curse, minus the dashes, something the paper says it hasn't done since publishing Kenneth Starr's report on the Clinton-Lewinsky affair in 1998.

In a story posted on its Web site, Post executive editor Leonard Downie Jr. said, "When the vice president of the United States says it to a senator in the way in which he said it on the Senate floor, readers need to judge for themselves what the word is because we don't play games at The Washington Post and use dashes."

A few dozen readers had complained about the curse, the paper said.

The Post's story on Friday also made mention of a 2000 incident in which then-presidential candidate George W. Bush made an off-mike comment about a New York Times reporter, calling him a "major league expletive." The Post did not print the expletive Friday. Downie said the Post printed the word in its 2000 story and he saw no reason to repeat it.

According to Senate aides, Cheney confronted Leahy about the senator's criticism of military contracts awarded to Cheney's former company, Halliburton. Leahy responded by criticizing the White House for standing by its allies who accused Democrats of being anti-Catholic in opposing one of Bush's judicial nominees. Cheney then responded with the F-word.
Good point, Cheney got his share of criticism, and now Biden is getting his.
Old 03-24-2010, 11:51 AM   #19
PaulS

Quote:
Originally Posted by detbuch View Post
Good point, Cheney got his share of criticism, and now Biden is getting his.
But I believe that Cheney said it on the floor and Biden's was a wisper that was suppose to be only for 1 person to hear.

Frankly, neither are appropriate.
Old 03-24-2010, 12:28 PM   #20
JohnnyD

Quote:
I heard Romney on Larry King last night, he didn't say any such thing
Must be a MA thing because Romney is on par with Kerry for his flip-flopping. A google search can bring you dozens of examples from being for immigration reform, then against it, then for it again; praising Obama's Afghan strategy on NBC then 12hours later criticizing it on Fox; not to mention the legendary abortion flip flop.
Old 03-24-2010, 12:35 PM   #21
scottw

Quote:
Must be a MA thing because Romney is on par with Kerry for his flip-flopping. A google search can bring you dozens of examples from being for immigration reform, then against it, then for it again; praising Obama's Afghan strategy on NBC then 12hours later criticizing it on Fox; not to mention the legendary abortion flip flop.
it's because he's a Mormon, those people are crazy cultists that eat their kids...didn't you see FRONTLINE?
Old 03-24-2010, 04:25 PM   #22
buckman

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
But I believe that Cheney said it on the floor and Biden's was a wisper that was suppose to be only for 1 person to hear.

Frankly, neither are appropriate.
I was thinking about Cheney too. I quess we can just continue with the " hey, Bush and Cheney did it too"
Lets not forget Clinton who made a BJ exceptable for our teens and now our kids can say the eff word. What great mentors our leaders are.

I believe "F you" to the American people has been acted out enough by Pelosi and crew.
Old 03-24-2010, 04:50 PM   #23
JohnnyD

Quote:
I was thinking about Cheney too. I quess we can just continue with the " hey, Bush and Cheney did it too"
Lets not forget Clinton who made a BJ exceptable for our teens and now our kids can say the eff word. What great mentors our leaders are.
If your kids think swearing is acceptable, it's no one else's fault but your own. People shouldn't allow the village to raise their kids.

Politicians are anything but mentors for children - lying, greed, wastefulness and selfishness are rampant in all areas of politics. Parents should be the mentors and role models for the upcoming youth, not someone that's out for their own personal gain.
Old 03-24-2010, 04:56 PM   #24
PRBuzz
BuzzLuck

Send a message via Skype™ to PRBuzz
Quote:
If your kids think swearing is acceptable, it's no one else's fault but your own. People shouldn't allow the village to raise their kids.
Has anyone seen the new series on SyFi: Caprica? They are using "frack/fracken/etc for the f-word variants so don't be surprised if in general conversation this doesn't become commonplace. Although, F*** is all too common in everyday conversation.

Given the diversity of the human species, there is no “normal” human genome sequence. We are all mutants.
Old 03-24-2010, 05:01 PM   #25
buckman

Quote:

Politicians are anything but mentors for children - lying, greed, wastefulness and selfishness are rampant in all areas of politics. Parents should be the mentors and role models for the upcoming youth, not someone that's out for their own personal gain.
If you think teaching your kid not to swear when every jock and most political figures cuss up a storm is possible, I would like to know your methods. Every kid swears, sorry to break it to you.
You have to learn to shut it off..... In front of Grandparents, bosses and when signing the most important bill ever introduced.
Old 03-24-2010, 05:48 PM   #26
JohnnyD

Quote:
If you think teaching your kid not to swear when every jock and most political figures cuss up a storm is possible, I would like to know your methods. Every kid swears, sorry to break it to you.
Ah yes. The proverbial "It's their fault, not mine." Did you know that video games are to blame for Columbine too?
Old 03-24-2010, 06:55 PM   #27
buckman

Quote:
Ah yes. The proverbial "It's their fault, not mine." Did you know that video games are to blame for Columbine too?
Keep it up JD, I'm going to have to Biden you up.
Old 03-24-2010, 06:58 PM   #28
JohnnyD

Quote:
Keep it up JD, I'm going to have to Biden you up.
Old 03-24-2010, 07:27 PM   #29
Fly Rod

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
it's because he's a Mormon, those people are crazy cultists that eat their kids...didn't you see FRONTLINE?
Cannibals, are they? I have not seen a bone going through Romney's
nose.
Old 03-25-2010, 07:00 AM   #30
PaulS

Quote:

I believe "F you" to the American people has been acted out enough by Pelosi and crew.
But did you post in any threads when Cheney did it (I believe on the floor??) or do you have a double standard?

Let's see - in this post alone you called the VP a complete idiot and said that Pelosi and crew gave the "Fyou to the American People". Seems like you wouldn't be such a great mentor.