Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 10-21-2009, 02:12 PM   #1
Saltheart

Illegals coming into the USA question

In keeping with some of the reduculous stuff being tossed around in here , I have a serious question for the intellectuals who haunt this forum.

People who come from Mexico or Cuba or guatemala , etc without passports or some form of documentation are illegal aliens.

Now suppose we get visitors from another planet. Aren't they also illegal aliens and therefore subject to arrest but more likely entitled to free schooling and medical care and welfare etc?

Also where does one find bilingual extraterrestrial teachers to teach these off planet illegals in school? Think about it! My guess is a teacher who is bilngual in english and Martian demands quite a high salary and the Venutian bilinguals want 6 figures minimum. Its a real dilemna.

These kind of questions really keep me awake at night.

Saltheart
Custom Crafted Rods by Saltheart
Old 10-21-2009, 02:41 PM   #2
RIJIMMY
sick of bluefish

simple answer - since we are currently in a democratic administration, the aliens from another planet will be forced to rely on the government for all basic needs, thus they will owe their survival to the government. All aliens will then be legalized and this will ensure that the continue to vote for the democratic party that supplies them their basic necessities.

making s-b.com a kinder, gentler place for all
Old 10-21-2009, 03:44 PM   #3
Raven

if they can get here they can also leave just as easy

and they will have trade opportunities with the advanced technology

they will be able to speak English
Old 10-21-2009, 04:28 PM   #4
PRBuzz
BuzzLuck

Send a message via Skype™ to PRBuzz
If they can get here obviously they are more technologically advanced than we mere humans and just as likely to have developed a Universal Translator ( Universal translator - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia) so understanding English or any other Earthly language will not be a problem.

They obviously will be placed under government control and likely given orange jump suits and maybe a home in Guantanamo Bay since those residents are currently vacating the facility (i think Obama said he was closing the first day of office?). Longer term they would be assimilated into one or more societies found on Earth.

As for relying on government handouts, they will likely come bearing some form of valuable currency (don't stay focused on things such as the dollar) for barter that will far exceed the value of any currency on Earth, remember the movie "The Day the Earth Stood Still" relied on diamonds?

Given the diversity of the human species, there is no “normal” human genome sequence. We are all mutants.
Old 10-21-2009, 04:44 PM   #5
MAC

My guess is if an alien life form came here we wouldn't be on top of the food chain anymore. We may even be on the menu.
Old 10-21-2009, 07:26 PM   #6
Joe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saltheart View Post
In keeping with some of the reduculous stuff being tossed around in here , I have a serious question for the intellectuals who haunt this forum.
You might want to issue a list of whom you would like to respond rather than use the term "intellectuals."
Intellectualism has negative connotations for those whom Sara Palin so aptly described in coded language as, "hard-working Americans."

Old 10-21-2009, 08:33 PM   #7
Joe

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIJIMMY View Post
simple answer - since we are currently in a democratic administration, the aliens from another planet will be forced to rely on the government for all basic needs, thus they will owe their survival to the government. All aliens will then be legalized and this will ensure that the continue to vote for the democratic party that supplies them their basic necessities.
No way they'd go on the dole - they would have boundless opportunities for book deals: The Alien's Guide To The Universe, The Complete Idiot's Guide To Interstellar Travel, then they could follow that up with couple of sexual memoirs of their relationships with Shirley MacLaine and a shocker about a threesome the pilot had with Mackenzie & Papa John Phillips.

Old 10-21-2009, 09:18 PM   #8
Saltheart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe View Post
You might want to issue a list of whom you would like to respond rather than use the term "intellectuals."
Intellectualism has negative connotations for those whom Sara Palin so aptly described in coded language as, "hard-working Americans."
"intellectuals".....

When fishing , I choose my bait wisely!

Saltheart
Old 10-22-2009, 05:18 AM   #9
Raven

i don't work hard

i work SMART

for i am an intellectual
Old 10-22-2009, 05:20 AM   #10
Raven

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAC View Post
My guess is if an alien life form came here we wouldn't be on top of the food chain anymore. We may even be on the menu.
ooooOOOO0000 "it's a cookbook" recipe for man
Old 10-22-2009, 07:58 AM   #11
RIJIMMY
sick of bluefish

Quote:
No way they'd go on the dole - they would have boundless opportunities for book deals: The Alien's Guide To The Universe, The Complete Idiot's Guide To Interstellar Travel, then they could follow that up with couple of sexual memoirs of their relationships with Shirley MacLaine and a shocker about a threesome the pilot had with Mackenzie & Papa John Phillips.
the democrats have diminished many great cultures and forced them to be reliant on the government, why would this be any different.

Old 10-22-2009, 08:23 AM   #12
Joe

Righto. Culture and republicanism go hand-in-hand. Now somebody cover up the naughty parts of the Justice Sculpture so Mr. Ashcroft can speak without blushing.

Old 10-22-2009, 08:33 AM   #13
RIJIMMY
sick of bluefish

Quote:
Righto. Culture and republicanism go hand-in-hand. Now somebody cover up the naughty parts of the Justice Sculpture so Mr. Ashcroft can speak without blushing.
who said anything about republicans?

Old 10-22-2009, 11:32 AM   #14
Saltheart

I think these aliens would be friendly little buggers who would give us cures for all disease and also the technology to generate unlimited energy using renewable resources. They would never bomb us or try to force their beliefs on us. They would all be educated creatures and as we know educated beings never attempt to force their ideals on others by using force.

They would also be all different colors like pink and yellow and lavender and Mauve and powder blue and love each other no matter what color they were. I would imaging that when we cook them the yellow ones would taste like chicken!

Saltheart
Old 10-22-2009, 11:37 AM   #15
RIJIMMY
sick of bluefish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saltheart View Post
I think these aliens would be friendly little buggers who would give us cures for all disease and also the technology to generate unlimited energy using renewable resources. They would never bomb us or try to force their beliefs on us. They would all be educated creatures and as we know educated beings never attempt to force their ideals on others by using force.

They would also be all different colors like pink and yellow and lavender and Mauve and powder blue and love each other no matter what color they were. I would imaging that when we cook them the yellow ones would taste like chicken!
ahh, but how would we feed ourselves? Cures to all diseases would mean in a few years that populations would be exploding everywhere. Famine would be ravaging the undevloped countries as wealthy countries consume all the resources. There would be massive unemployment in the medical field and most other trades as people would not be leaving jobs due to death and illness. Theres never an easy answer

Old 10-22-2009, 11:55 AM   #16
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Man, I'm gonna change your avatar to Bad Luck Schleprock...Wowsie Wowsie Woo Woo.

"If you're arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing."
Old 10-22-2009, 11:56 AM   #17
fishbones

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIJIMMY View Post
ahh, but how would we feed ourselves? Cures to all diseases would mean in a few years that populations would be exploding everywhere. Famine would be ravaging the undevloped countries as wealthy countries consume all the resources. There would be massive unemployment in the medical field and most other trades as people would not be leaving jobs due to death and illness. Theres never an easy answer

Here's your easy answer. DEATH PANELS

Just kill off old people when they reach a certain age since they won't be getting sick.

Conservatism is not about leaving people behind. Conservatism is about empowering people to catch up, to give them tools at their disposal that make it possible for them to access all the hope, all the promise, all the opportunity that America offers. - Marco Rubio
Old 10-22-2009, 12:36 PM   #18
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Run Logan...Run

"If you're arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing."
Old 10-22-2009, 01:53 PM   #19
Joe

It would be good new for the U.S. - other countries may have the oil - but we've got the food. We're well positioned to feed anyone who wants to buy our food.

Old 10-22-2009, 02:48 PM   #20
Swimmer
Retired Surfer

SOYLENT GREEN for real.

Swimmer a.k.a. YO YO MA
Serial Mailbox Killer/Seal Fisherman
Old 10-22-2009, 04:49 PM   #21
Cool Beans

To be honest the State Dept. has a very alien friendly policy. I know Spence was given citizenship and a new car, the same as I got when I arrived. They set us up with careers and human women to make our brides. I know of 5 others aliens who frequent this board. We came to Earth, because we caught all the fish on our home planet.
Old 10-22-2009, 06:35 PM   #22
eastendlu

Originally Posted by Flaptail
"Throw plugs like we do that will cause them to suffer humility. Pogies make any fisherman look good when bass are around. Bait is easy."
Old 10-22-2009, 07:14 PM   #23
Cool Beans

That is funny!! So by listening to that last line, you figured out why Spence is here...lol... I'm just here for the fish and fat chicks.....
From space Rhode Island looked to be the capital for both, so here I am....
Old 10-23-2009, 05:41 AM   #24
buckman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cool Beans View Post
To be honest the State Dept. has a very alien friendly policy. I know Spence was given citizenship and a new car, the same as I got when I arrived. They set us up with careers and human women to make our brides. I know of 5 others aliens who frequent this board. We came to Earth, because we caught all the fish on our home planet.
You had me until the last line. I call BS
Old 10-23-2009, 05:55 AM   #25
Cool Beans

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckman View Post
You had me until the last line. I call BS
Alright, you got me there, that's not why we left..... You see, on our world, everyone fishes and catches fish, and those few that get skunked are publicly flogged..... We left, because we got tired of the public spankings......