Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 09-11-2021, 04:38 AM   #391
scottw

good thing Trump/Bush/Bush isn't president...imagine the outrage...

"The last missile fired by the United States Military in the 20-year war in Afghanistan struck only an innocent Afghan man and his family in Kabul— not ISIS militants, the New York Times reported on Friday.

The blast killed ten members of the extended family of a civilian aid worker, Zemari Ahmadi, and three of his children, Zamir, 20, Faisal, 16, and Farzad, 10; Mr. Ahmadi’s cousin Naser, 30; three of Romal’s children, Arwin, 7, Benyamin, 6, and Hayat, 2; and two 3-year-old girls, Malika and Somaya.

A New York Times investigation looked at video evidence, along with interviews with more than a dozen of the Ahmadi ’s co-workers and family members in Kabul, and found zero evidence that the Biden Regime’s version of events was true."
Old 09-11-2021, 05:58 AM   #392
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
good thing Trump/Bush/Bush isn't president...imagine the outrage...

"The last missile fired by the United States Military in the 20-year war in Afghanistan struck only an innocent Afghan man and his family in Kabul— not ISIS militants, the New York Times reported on Friday.

The blast killed ten members of the extended family of a civilian aid worker, Zemari Ahmadi, and three of his children, Zamir, 20, Faisal, 16, and Farzad, 10; Mr. Ahmadi’s cousin Naser, 30; three of Romal’s children, Arwin, 7, Benyamin, 6, and Hayat, 2; and two 3-year-old girls, Malika and Somaya.

A New York Times investigation looked at video evidence, along with
interviews with more than a dozen of the Ahmadi ’s co-workers and family members in Kabul, and found zero evidence that the Biden Regime’s version of events was true."
if i recall the state dept clearly stated the were in no position to contest those details . Urban said in a statement that the U.S. was confident that the missile successfully hit the target. And he said that the large secondary explosions indicated the presence of “a substantial amount of explosive material” in the vehicle.

classic the need to want it both ways! No American killed and no Afghans killed ..
Old 09-11-2021, 06:08 AM   #393
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
if i recall the state dept clearly stated the were in no position to contest those details . Urban said in a statement that the U.S. was confident that the missile successfully hit the target. And he said that the large secondary explosions indicated the presence of “a substantial amount of explosive material” in the vehicle.

classic the need to want it both ways! No American killed and no Afghans killed ..
yes! shame on the new york times and their attempt to mischaracterize the approved narrative and smear this administration!
Old 09-11-2021, 06:24 AM   #394
wdmso

Quote:
yes! shame on the new york times and their attempt to mischaracterize the approved narrative and smear this administration!
never said those people were not killed .. nor did the Administration

As for secondary explosion explanation i'll go with the military version and the strike itself ..

like Ive said many wanted to drop bombs and shoot their way out Of Afghanistan!

Minus all the ugly parts Death and collateral damage .. yelling OMG you didn't do this to protect our troops! Omg you killed children to protect our troops .. ya can't have it both ways..
Old 09-11-2021, 10:43 AM   #395
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

This has always been a messy war with civilian casualties, it’s unavoidable when the enemy fights in and among the civilian population.
Old 09-11-2021, 11:25 AM   #396
scottw

^^^ you guys are hilarious
Old 09-15-2021, 07:31 AM   #397
scottw

wait...what???...he must be watching too much FOX News

'Fatally flawed': Top Senate Democrat blasts Biden administration's Afghanistan withdrawal
Deirdre Shesgreen

USA TODAYWASHINGTON – A top Senate Democrat on Tuesday blasted the Biden administration's handling of the U.S. withdrawal from Afghanistan as "fatally flawed" and threatened to subpoena Defense Secretary Lloyd Austin if he doesn't agree to testify "in the near future."

The sharp rebuke from Sen. Bob Menendez, chairman of the Senate Foreign Relations Committee, came as Secretary of State Antony Blinken faced a second day of intense questioning by lawmakers furious over the chaotic U.S. exit from Afghanistan.

"The execution of the U.S. withdrawal was clearly and fatally flawed," Menendez, D-N.J., told Blinken in opening remarks. "This committee expects to receive a full explanation of the administration's decisions on Afghanistan since coming into office last January. There has to be accountability.
Old 09-15-2021, 08:18 AM   #398
Pete F.
Canceled

I have yet to see any viable alternative to what happened in Afghanistan. Unless remobilizing a large number of troops and reengaging with the Taliban was what was good for America.
We’re out, it’s over, never had a chance of being perfect since we failed to pull out in 2002.
2996 died on 9/11
Over 170,000 Afghans have been killed in the war in Afghanistan, do you think the majority of Afghans want it to continue?
Don’t forget that every perpetrator of 9/11 was a Saudi.

Here’s a few other things people said

“For all those trashing Biden for the messy withdrawal from Afghanistan, this is your reminder Trump signed an order after the election to do the withdrawal by January 15, 2021. You want to talk about chaos and people left behind?”
“If anybody believes that the previous administration would’ve evacuated any Afghans to the US much less tens of thousands as President Biden did, I would suggest they ask the Kurds their opinion of that”
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 09-15-2021, 09:02 AM   #399
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Quote:
wait...what???...he must be watching too much FOX News

'Fatally flawed': Top Senate Democrat blasts Biden administration's Afghanistan withdrawal
Deirdre Shesgreen

USA TODAYWASHINGTON – A top Senate Democrat on Tuesday blasted the Biden administration's handling of the U.S. withdrawal from Afghanistan as "fatally flawed" and threatened to subpoena Defense Secretary Lloyd Austin if he doesn't agree to testify "in the near future."

The sharp rebuke from Sen. Bob Menendez, chairman of the Senate Foreign Relations Committee, came as Secretary of State Antony Blinken faced a second day of intense questioning by lawmakers furious over the chaotic U.S. exit from Afghanistan.

"The execution of the U.S. withdrawal was clearly and fatally flawed," Menendez, D-N.J., told Blinken in opening remarks. "This committee expects to receive a full explanation of the administration's decisions on Afghanistan since coming into office last January. There has to be accountability.
OMG thank you captain obvious, we never would have realized there might be those in our party that see things differently, thank god you are on the case. Love to hear the plan Trump had to execute this withdrawal after pulling so many troops out ahead of the deadline, putting a major burden on the remaining couple thousand, even if the Afghans didn’t roll over and turn over the keys to every city they were there to defend. Oh wait it’s on the record Trump had no plan.
Old 09-15-2021, 09:54 AM   #400
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Stripers View Post
OMG thank you captain obvious, we never would have realized there might be those in our party that see things differently, thank god you are on the case. Love to hear the plan Trump had to execute this withdrawal after pulling so many troops out ahead of the deadline, putting a major burden on the remaining couple thousand, even if the Afghans didn’t roll over and turn over the keys to every city they were there to defend. Oh wait it’s on the record Trump had no plan.
^^^I feel like this was written by a delusional nut...maybe that's a "captain obvious observation" as well
Old 09-15-2021, 09:56 AM   #401
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post

I have yet to see....

probably...blinders
Old 09-17-2021, 04:57 PM   #402
wdmso

Pentagon Reverses Itself And Now Says A Deadly Kabul Drone Strike Was An Error … shocking Biden’s admin admit such a mistake but yet they Did

Shocking
Old 09-17-2021, 05:02 PM   #403
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Stripers View Post
This has always been a messy war with civilian casualties, it’s unavoidable when the enemy fights in and among the civilian population.
Too bad lefties don't give Israel the same benefit of the doubt in the same exact situation.
Old 09-17-2021, 05:38 PM   #404
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
Too bad lefties don't give Israel the same benefit of the doubt in the same exact situation.
We do but they do it at a greater scale. Israel kills 213 Palestinians in airstrikes; Palestinian militant groups kill 12 Israelis with rocket attacks .. You assume Israel’s and hamas care if civilians get killed

I think it benefits both of their narratives.. as sad as that is

Last edited by wdmso; 09-17-2021 at 05:45 PM..
Old 09-17-2021, 06:00 PM   #405
Jim in CT

Quote:
We do but they do it at a greater scale. Israel kills 213 Palestinians in airstrikes; Palestinian militant groups kill 12 Israelis with rocket attacks .. You assume Israel’s and hamas care if civilians get killed

I think it benefits both of their narratives.. as sad as that is
maybe you do. but democrats as a group do not.

if i said 2+2=4, would you say no it doesn’t? i wonder sometimes.

i do assume Israel cares because why else would they warn civilians to try to separate themselves from terrorists.

And i assume hamas doesn’t care, because they intentionally target israeli citizens.

are you serious? Israel is shooosed to respond exactly proportionately when attacked?

Is Hamas laid down their arms, so would Israel. If Israel laid down their arms, Hamas would kill every single Israeli man, woman, and child.

Last edited by Jim in CT; 09-17-2021 at 06:05 PM..
Old 09-17-2021, 06:07 PM   #406
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:

i do assume Israel cares because why else would they warn civilians to try to separate themselves from terrorists.

And i assume hamas doesn’t care, because they intentionally target israeli citizens.

are you serious? Israel is shooosed to respond exactly proportionately when attacked?

Is Hamas laid down their arms, so would Israel. If Israel laid down their arms, Hamas would kill every single Israeli man, woman, and child.
JERUSALEM — Twenty-seven days before the first rocket was fired from Gaza this week, a squad of Israeli police officers entered the Aqsa Mosque in Jerusalem, brushed the Palestinian attendants aside and strode across its vast limestone courtyard. Then they cut the cables to the loudspeakers that broadcast prayers to the faithful from four medieval minarets.

It was the night of April 13, the first day of the Muslim holy month of Ramadan. It was also Memorial Day in Israel, which honors those who died fighting for the country. The Israeli president was delivering a speech at the Western Wall, a sacred Jewish site that lies below the mosque, and Israeli officials were concerned that the prayers would drown it out.

The incident was confirmed by six mosque officials, three of whom witnessed it; the Israeli police declined to comment. In the outside world, it barely registered.

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 09-18-2021, 08:10 AM   #407
wdmso

Quote:

Jim neither Hamas nor Israel would exist with out the fear of destruction

Both use fear of the other to justify their methods. From building settlements to firing rockets

I look at like positional asphyxia

Israel has it knee on the Palestinians cutting of their air and in response they increase their struggles trying to breath , then Israel apply s more force to gain compliance and all they get it. More struggling

And round and round it Goes

As for you question are you serious? Israel is shooosed to respond exactly proportionately when attacked? Quick response is yes In most incidents you use enough force to stop the threat. Not to punish.. but Israel has a history of collective punishment.. which always comes into question when there so much infrastructure destroyed.. cell phone and civilian warnings look good for public relations not sure how effective it is at keeping non combatants safe

Last edited by wdmso; 09-18-2021 at 08:24 AM..
Old 09-18-2021, 08:45 AM   #408
Jim in CT

Quote:
Jim neither Hamas nor Israel would exist with out the fear of destruction

Both use fear of the other to justify their methods. From building settlements to firing rockets

I look at like positional asphyxia

Israel has it knee on the Palestinians cutting of their air and in response they increase their struggles trying to breath , then Israel apply s more force to gain compliance and all they get it. More struggling

And round and round it Goes

As for you question are you serious? Israel is shooosed to respond exactly proportionately when attacked? Quick response is yes In most incidents you use enough force to stop the threat. Not to punish.. but Israel has a history of collective punishment.. which always comes into question when there so much infrastructure destroyed.. cell phone and civilian warnings look good for public relations not sure how effective it is at keeping non combatants safe
Man.

Which side has a history of unprovoked violent attack a against the other, and which one uses violence after being attacked?

if someone punches you in the face, and you punch them back, those two things are not morally equivalent. not even close.

hamas doesn’t deny their goal is to wipe israel out of existnce. Israel wants to be left alone. not that israel is perfect, but theres no comparison. it’s like comparing the Nazis to the Poles in the 1930s.

forget about what each party’s line is, and just think. for two seconds, take off the blinders .
Old 09-18-2021, 09:07 AM   #409
Pete F.
Canceled

When your land and property are stolen, what would you suggest the Palestinians do?

The international community considers the establishment of Israeli settlements in the Israeli-occupied territories illegal on one of two bases: that they are in violation of Article 49 of the Fourth Geneva Convention, or that they are in breach of international declarations.[a][b][c][d][e] The United Nations Security Council, the United Nations General Assembly, the International Committee of the Red Cross, the International Court of Justice and the High Contracting Parties to the Convention have all affirmed that the Fourth Geneva Convention applies to Israeli settlements.[f][g]

Numerous UN resolutions and prevailing international opinion hold that Israeli settlements in the West Bank, East Jerusalem and the Golan Heights are a violation of international law, including UN Security Council resolutions in 1979, 1980,[8][9][10] and 2016.[11][12] UN Security Council Resolution 446 refers to the Fourth Geneva Convention as the applicable international legal instrument, and calls upon Israel to desist from transferring its own population into the territories or changing their demographic makeup. 126 Representatives at the reconvened Conference of the High Contracting Parties to the Geneva Conventions in 2014 declared the settlements illegal[13] as has the primary judicial organ of the UN, the International Court of Justice[14] and the International Committee of the Red Cross.
Old 09-18-2021, 03:12 PM   #410
wdmso

Quote:
Man.

Which side has a history of unprovoked violent attack a against the other, and which one uses violence after being attacked?

if someone punches you in the face, and you punch them back, those two things are not morally equivalent. not even close.

hamas doesn’t deny their goal is to wipe israel out of existnce. Israel wants to be left alone. not that israel is perfect, but theres no comparison. it’s like comparing the Nazis to the Poles in the 1930s.

forget about what each party’s line is, and just think. for two seconds, take off the blinders .
What blinders my view is based on historical actions from both sides

Neither has the high ground but neither is willing to provide concessions .. the West Bank and Gaza are not much different from Indian reservations . With The illusion of autonomy . until the one with the power Israel decides otherwise
Old 09-19-2021, 08:58 AM   #411
Jim in CT

Quote:
What blinders my view is based on historical actions from both sides

Neither has the high ground but neither is willing to provide concessions .. the West Bank and Gaza are not much different from Indian reservations . With The illusion of autonomy . until the one with the power Israel decides otherwise
ok, if you rely on historical facts. please point to all
the historical occasions when israel killed palestinian terrorists without provocation.

one side absolutely has the moral ground. israel would stop fighting if hamas would. israel isn’t explicitly saying they want palestinians to cease to exist. what about that don’t you get?

once again, towing the party line, never any exceptions.
Old 09-19-2021, 05:03 PM   #412
wdmso

Quote:
ok, if you rely on historical facts. please point to all
the historical occasions when israel killed palestinian terrorists without provocation.

one side absolutely has the moral ground. israel would stop fighting if hamas would. israel isn’t explicitly saying they want palestinians to cease to exist. what about that don’t you get?

once again, towing the party line, never any exceptions.
Jim the world took their land may 1948 in and created the state of Israel. Out of thin air. 1967 they annexed East Jerusalem because the had the power to do so..

If these are not provocations I am not sure what fits your definition of a provocation..

I just find it odd with the History of persecution the Jews have and what happened in WW2 I understand they won’t let it happen again .. and I hope it never does .. But when you become what you opposed .. in the name of past transgressions, it’s very hypocritical to me ..
Old 09-19-2021, 05:07 PM   #413
Jim in CT

Quote:
But when you become what you opposed .. in the name of past transgressions, it’s very hypocritical to me ..
ok. so you’re comparing Israel to nazi germany. you stink at this.

and MANY historians say jews were there first, a LONG time ago.
Old 09-20-2021, 06:05 AM   #414
scottw

Quote:

But when you become what you opposed .. in the name of past transgressions, it’s very hypocritical to me ..

are you calling Paul S and Got Strippers hypocrits?
Old 09-20-2021, 06:49 AM   #415
Pete F.
Canceled

Israel’s actions are far closer to those of South Africa than Nazi Germany.
Apartheid Law
The Race Classification Act. Every citizen suspected of not being European was classified according to race.
The Mixed Marriages Act. It prohibited marriage between people of different races.
The Group Areas Act. It forced people of certain races into living in designated areas.
Old 09-20-2021, 07:41 AM   #416
Jim in CT

Quote:
are you calling Paul S and Got Strippers hypocrits?
no, no, when liberals do a 180, they are “evolving.”.
Old 09-20-2021, 09:24 AM   #417
Pete F.
Canceled

When the far right does a 180 they identify as Trumplicans

Morals don't count
"As a relatively young man, I remember a time in this great nation when those endowed with public trust and those that were elected to public office were held to a higher standard." R. Aderholt

We are the same as Russia
"To say that we and the Soviet Union are to be compared is the equivalent of saying that the man who pushes the old lady into the way of an oncoming bus and the man who pushes [her] out of the way … are both people who push old ladies around." Wm. Buckley

TFG promised he would eliminate the nation’s debt in eight years.
When he took office in January 2017, the national debt stood at $19.9 trillion. In October 2020, the national debt reached a new high of $27 trillion. That's an increase of almost 36% in less than four years.

“I want you to use my words against me. If there’s a Republican president in 2016 and a vacancy occurs in the last year of the first term, you can say Lindsey Graham said let’s let the next president, whoever it might be, make that nomination,”
Hmmm

"Donald, you're a sniveling coward and leave [my wife] the hell alone!" T. Cruz
Cucked

I could quote paragraphs on January 6th

But we will see, the mobs will always turn on their own and their movements inevitably collapse. It's just a matter of how much damage they do in the meantime.

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Lets Go Darwin
Old 09-20-2021, 09:40 AM   #418
Jim in CT

Quote:
When the far right does a 180 they identify as Trumplicans

Morals don't count
"As a relatively young man, I remember a time in this great nation when those endowed with public trust and those that were elected to public office were held to a higher standard." R. Aderholt

"To say that we and the Soviet Union are to be compared is the equivalent of saying that the man who pushes the old lady into the way of an oncoming bus and the man who pushes [her] out of the way … are both people who push old ladies around." Wm. Buckley

TFG promised he would eliminate the nation’s debt in eight years.
When he took office in January 2017, the national debt stood at $19.9 trillion. In October 2020, the national debt reached a new high of $27 trillion. That's an increase of almost 36% in less than four years.

“I want you to use my words against me. If there’s a Republican president in 2016 and a vacancy occurs in the last year of the first term, you can say Lindsey Graham said let’s let the next president, whoever it might be, make that nomination,”
Hmmm

"Donald, you're a sniveling coward and leave [my wife] the hell alone!" T. Cruz
Cucked

But we will see, the mobs will always turn on their own and their movements inevitably collapse. It's just a matter of how much damage they do in the meantime.
Ok, a little exercise in hypocrisy here...

"TFG promised he would eliminate the nation’s debt in eight years."

I honestly didn't know he promised that. If he did, it was an insanely stupid thing to promise, and he absolutely deserves criticism for it.

Biden famously said this to a roomfull of blacks:

"Republicans want to put y'all back in chains".

Is that a more responsible thing to say, that what you criticize Trump for? The record shows, that Trump led the economy to an all-time record low of black unemployment, he increased funding for black colleges, and he strongly advocated criminal justice reform, which blacks have wanted for decades. Trump advocates for school choice, which would disproportionately help blacks. So, how accurate (and how unifying) was Biden's statement?

Here's another Biden gem:

"I promise you if I'm elected president, you're going to see the single most important thing that changes America, we're gonna cure cancer,""

Now when Bidens term/terms are up, and cancer still exists, are you prepared to say he didn't live up to this promise? Or do you only care when Republicans break promises?

"I could quote paragraphs on January 6th"

Yes you can. And I can match every one of your quotes, with a quote from a democrat defending the anti-police riots all last summer, which took a lot more lives, and did way more damage, than what happened on January 6.

"“I want you to use my words against me. If there’s a Republican president in 2016 and a vacancy occurs in the last year of the first term, you can say Lindsey Graham"

Graham was a complete. 100% hypocrite on that issue, and deserves to be called out for it. Fair enough?

Pete, do you know what the "Biden rule" regarding SCOTUS is?

When Bush 41 was POTUS, Biden said a president should not make late-term appointments, and if he tried to do so, that the senate should block him.

Then, when Biden was VP and his administration had a late-term vacancy, he felt it was their duty to fill it.

Then, when Trump had a late-term vacancy, Biden said the potus should not fill it.

So Biden opposed late-term appointments, then supported them, then opposed them again.

So if Lindsey Graham is a hypocrite (which he 100% is), how can you deny that Biden also is?

You have fun trying to answer that.
Old 09-20-2021, 09:55 AM   #419
detbuch

Quote:
When the far right does a 180 they identify as Trumplicans . . .

What does the far left identify as? Do they identify themselves as "the far left"? Does the "far right" identify themselves as "the far right"? Are those "far" groups as needy to label people as you? I think you have that in common with them (as you have in common with Trump).

Which is precisely the reason I vote against Progressives--how much damage they will do in the meantime.

No doubt you could quote paragraphs on every day of the week. And every quote would imply something or other.
Old 09-20-2021, 10:39 AM   #420
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Ok, a little exercise in hypocrisy here...

"TFG promised he would eliminate the nation’s debt in eight years."

I honestly didn't know he promised that. If he did, it was an insanely stupid thing to promise, and he absolutely deserves criticism for it.

Biden famously said this to a roomfull of blacks:

"Republicans want to put y'all back in chains".

Is that a more responsible thing to say, that what you criticize Trump for? The record shows, that Trump led the economy to an all-time record low of black unemployment, he increased funding for black colleges, and he strongly advocated criminal justice reform, which blacks have wanted for decades. Trump advocates for school choice, which would disproportionately help blacks. So, how accurate (and how unifying) was Biden's statement?

Guess you'll have to tell them, for some reason they don't trust TFG: About 87% of Black voters nationwide chose Biden over Trump, according to preliminary national exit polling. Those early exit polls show that 19% of Black men voted for Trump, as did 9% of Black women.

An Associated Press VoteCast survey showed overall larger Black support for Biden — 90%. According to the AP survey, 12% of Black men voted for Trump, while only 6% of Black women supported him.

Here's another Biden gem:

"I promise you if I'm elected president, you're going to see the single most important thing that changes America, we're gonna cure cancer,""

Now when Bidens term/terms are up, and cancer still exists, are you prepared to say he didn't live up to this promise? Or do you only care when Republicans break promises?

A few people as simple as you may have take hyperbole as truth, but it didn't kill anyone as opposed to this statement

“Wash your hands, stay clean. You don’t have to necessarily grab every handrail unless you have to,” TFG said, the room chuckling. “I mean, view this the same as the flu.”

How many dead?

Three weeks later, March 19, TFG acknowledged to Woodward: “To be honest with you, I wanted to always play it down. I still like playing it down. Because I don’t want to create a panic.”

"I could quote paragraphs on January 6th"

Yes you can. And I can match every one of your quotes, with a quote from a democrat defending the anti-police riots all last summer, which took a lot more lives, and did way more damage, than what happened on January 6.

And between 15 and 25 million more people participated in them, how many were there on January 6th?

The recent Black Lives Matter protests peaked on June 6, when half a million people turned out in nearly 550 places across the United States. That was a single day in more than a month of protests that still continue to today. 15 million to 26 million people in the United States have participated in demonstrations over the death of George Floyd and others in recent weeks.

In the five years following the beginning of the Black Lives Matter (BLM) movement in 2014, census places that have had BLM protests experience a 15-20% decrease in police homicides – approximately 300 fewer deaths.

Black Lives Matter uprisings were remarkably nonviolent. When there was violence, very often police or counterprotesters were reportedly directing it at the protesters.

First, police made arrests in 5 percent of the protest events, with over 8,500 reported arrests (or possibly more). Police used tear gas or related chemical substances in 2.5 percent of these events.

Protesters or bystanders were reported injured in 1.6 percent of the protests. In total, at least three Black Lives Matter protesters and one other person were killed while protesting in Omaha, Austin and Kenosha, Wis. One anti-fascist protester killed a far-right group member during a confrontation in Portland, Ore.; law enforcement killed the alleged assailant several days later.

Police were reported injured in 1 percent of the protests. A law enforcement officer killed in California was allegedly shot by supporters of the far-right “boogaloo” movement, not anti-racism protesters. The killings in the line of duty of other law enforcement officers during this period were not related to the protests.

Only 3.7 percent of the protests involved property damage or vandalism. Some portion of these involved neither police nor protesters, but people engaging in vandalism or looting alongside the protests.

In short, our data suggest that 96.3 percent of events involved no property damage or police injuries, and in 97.7 percent of events, no injuries were reported among participants, bystanders or police.

"“I want you to use my words against me. If there’s a Republican president in 2016 and a vacancy occurs in the last year of the first term, you can say Lindsey Graham"

Graham was a complete. 100% hypocrite on that issue, and deserves to be called out for it. Fair enough?

Pete, do you know what the "Biden rule" regarding SCOTUS is?

When Bush 41 was POTUS, Biden said a president should not make late-term appointments, and if he tried to do so, that the senate should block him.

Then, when Biden was VP and his administration had a late-term vacancy, he felt it was their duty to fill it.

Then, when Trump had a late-term vacancy, Biden said the potus should not fill it.

So Biden opposed late-term appointments, then supported them, then opposed them again.

So if Lindsey Graham is a hypocrite (which he 100% is), how can you deny that Biden also is?

You have fun trying to answer that.
I didn't say that, did I?

You missed these

Morals don't count

Last edited by Pete F.; 09-20-2021 at 10:41 AM.. Reason: avoid the spelling troll

Lets Go Darwin