Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 02-26-2020, 06:15 PM   #31
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
https://www.factcheck.org/2009/05/sotomayor-overturned/

Yawn.

That was errr over 20 years earlier Jim, not to Mention Mitch's pathetic behavior in the Senate during Obama.

Please stop humiliating me, it's hard to bear

OK. So as long as claiming that one race is superior to all others is sufficiently in your past, it's harmless.

You went into exile when Hilary lost, buddy. You humiliate yourself, no one needs to do it for you.
Old 02-26-2020, 06:20 PM   #32
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
OK. So as long as claiming that one race is superior to all others is sufficiently in your past, it's harmless.
Ok, I’ll admit this isn’t sexist it’s just ignorant.

Quote:
You went into exile when Hilary lost, buddy. You humiliate yourself, no one needs to do it for you.
You mock what you don’t understand Jim. Keep grasping as nothing, it’s not impressing Dangles at all by the way.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 02-26-2020, 08:35 PM   #33
Sea Dangles

Tough bar to set ,Jeff.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 03-05-2020, 05:32 AM   #34
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post

Trump Says Sotomayor, Ginsburg Should Recuse Themselves From Cases Involving Him
at least he didn't threaten them...

"Chuck Schumer’s statement threatening Justices Kavanaugh and Gorsuch earlier Wednesday in a speech on the steps of the Supreme Court was so appalling that Chief Justice John Roberts has issued a public rebuke of the Senate minority leader."
Old 03-05-2020, 06:46 AM   #35
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
at least he didn't threaten them...

"Chuck Schumer’s statement threatening Justices Kavanaugh and Gorsuch earlier Wednesday in a speech on the steps of the Supreme Court was so appalling that Chief Justice John Roberts has issued a public rebuke of the Senate minority leader."
This is a direct & dangerous threat to the U.S. Supreme Court by Schumer. If a Republican did this, he or she would be arrested, or impeached. Serious action MUST be taken NOW!” the president tweeted

The “whirlwind”? you won't know What hit you”? Really that's yours and the rights interpretation of threats of violence?

A political threat maybe

And the chief justice comments .. threatening statements of this sort from the highest levels of government are not only inappropriate, they are dangerous. All Members of the Court will continue to do their job, without fear or favor, from whatever quarter.”

Seems the justice needs to refresh Trump and Republicans what constitutes a crime,, with all the guilty verdicts this administration has they would know the difference

Funny how silent he is with Trumps attacks on other seated members ..or the judiciary in general...

Then you Republicans historical amnesia

Trump Warns: It Would Be ‘Very Bad’ if My Police, Biker Gang Fans Decided to Get ‘Tough’ on My Opponents

Let me guess just Hyperbole. But Shummers comments couldn't be Hyperbole
Old 03-05-2020, 07:00 AM   #36
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post

This is a direct & dangerous threat to the U.S. Supreme Court by Schumer. If a Republican did this, he or she would be arrested, or impeached. Serious action MUST be taken NOW!” the president tweeted

lock him up