Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 34 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 12-06-2013, 08:29 AM   #31
PaulS

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
Again you abuse the concept of "they". A remark by one person doesn't constitute "liberals". You're mixing up your singular and plural.
According to him it does. Unless of course you find the exact comment from a Cons. and point it out. Then Jim's next post starts with "Here is the difference....."
Old 12-06-2013, 09:44 AM   #32
Jim in CT

Quote:
It's called allowing a somewhat graceful exit after an awkward moment.

Again you abuse the concept of "they". A remark by one person doesn't constitute "liberals". You're mixing up your singular and plural.

Perhaps your grammar is a bad as your math

Also, you ignored my video link.

-spence
"It's called allowing a somewhat graceful exit after an awkward moment."

It wasn't akward, it was putrid.

I'll accept your categorization of allowing a graceful exit. But sometimes, when someone does something so unacceptable, they don't deserve a graceful exit. We can disagree on whether or not his comments rise to that level.

Why didn't they allow Alec Baldwin the same chance to make a graceful exit? After all, Baldwin merely made a spontaneous comment on his own time. Bashir made a scripted, premeditated comment on the air. The reason for the preferential treatment is that homosexuals are a protected class to liberals, while conservative women are to be attacked at all costs.

You still haven't commented (big suprise) on the fact that neither NBC nor MSNBC have made a single statement, other to to tell us whet a great host he was. Not one word about how that kind of hate has no business in civilized discussion.

Last edited by Jim in CT; 12-06-2013 at 09:53 AM..
Old 12-06-2013, 09:52 AM   #33
Jim in CT

Quote:

-spence
A remark by one person does not constitute an agenda. When that remark is hammered home by every liberal media outlet, and it is never challenged by anyone on the left, then it bvecomes fair.

If you get so offended by being characterized as believeing in the core beliefs of liberalism, then perhaps you should ask why you seem to agree with liberals on every single issue that has been discussed here. When I am described as pro-life, pro-charity, pro-strong national defense, pro-free market, I don't get defensive. If I felt like I was being insulted by being described thusly, I would change what I believe.

We all know that there is no one issue on which 100% of liberals agree. Many people, however, take the liberty of saying "they" instead of saying "most, but with some obvious exceptions".

Old 12-06-2013, 12:15 PM   #34
justplugit
Registered Grandpa

Quote:

They kicked him out the door, don't think he left on his own.

-spence
Maybe, but if so, with accolades and without mentioning the reason being his vile statement. Don't consider that being "Kicked out the door." Just shows NBC's lack of standards and not caring to be a network that is above board.

" Choose Life "
Old 12-06-2013, 01:02 PM   #35
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
Why didn't they allow Alec Baldwin the same chance to make a graceful exit? After all, Baldwin merely made a spontaneous comment on his own time. Bashir made a scripted, premeditated comment on the air. The reason for the preferential treatment is that homosexuals are a protected class to liberals, while conservative women are to be attacked at all costs.
Because Baldwin's show was a novelty, he was disposable.

Bashir might I remind you actually has a pretty long resume as a credible broadcaster, even if he does like to throw bombs. Before MSNBC he served 6 years at ABC and even hosted Nightline.

He had already apologized and Palin accepted it. Your assertion that conservative women are to "be attacked at all costs" doesn't hold a lot of water...there you go whitewashing everything again.

Additionally, do you excuse Palin's remarks about slavery? Watch the video, she doesn't exactly sound intelligent.

-spence
Old 12-06-2013, 01:31 PM   #36
Raven

Sarah Said she could See Russia from her house...
as i remember
Well i am Born and Bred an American but have Russian
Fingers for Her. heh heh
Old 12-06-2013, 01:33 PM   #37
Jim in CT

Quote:
Because Baldwin's show was a novelty, he was disposable.

Bashir might I remind you actually has a pretty long resume as a credible broadcaster, even if he does like to throw bombs. Before MSNBC he served 6 years at ABC and even hosted Nightline.

He had already apologized and Palin accepted it. Your assertion that conservative women are to "be attacked at all costs" doesn't hold a lot of water...there you go whitewashing everything again.

Additionally, do you excuse Palin's remarks about slavery? Watch the video, she doesn't exactly sound intelligent.

-spence
"Because Baldwin's show was a novelty, he was disposable."

I don't think you could categorize Bashir as a ratings monster...

"Bashir might I remind you actually has a pretty long resume as a credible broadcaster,"

I might remoind you, so did Dan Rather. Even broadcasters with pretty long resumes (unimpressive as that length might be) ought to be held to some standards, don't you agree?

"He had already apologized and Palin accepted it"

Irrelevent. Victims accept apologies all the time, that doesn't mean the case is closed.

"your assertion that conservative women are to "be attacked at all costs" doesn't hold a lot of water

I guess you had your head in the sand, or up Obama's you-know-what, during the 2008 campaign. Palin (who was a terrible candidate and thus open to all kinds of legitimate criticism) wasn't excatly treated with the respect that liberals claim to reserve for the female of the species.

"do you excuse Palin's remarks about slavery?"

She said that our kids will, in a way, be enslaved by the debt we are saddling them with. I have no issue with that statement, none whatsoever. No rational person believes that she was saying that debt is identical to slavery. Similarly, liberals like to say that the GOP is "waging war" on women, and "holding the taxpayers hostage" and things like that. It seems that liberals are very selective about when they take these statements literally.

"she doesn't exactly sound intelligent"

As opposed to the current vice president, I suppose?

If you define "intelligent" as coming across as Ivy League-polished, I agree, she aint that. But she, unlike Obama, at least appears to know that you can't add tens of millions to the rolls of health iunsurance, and increase coverage for everyone, while lowering costs by $2500 a year for the average family. I'm sure you thought Obama sounded brilliant and eloquent when he said that. Problem is, he has accomplished exactly none of that.

If the choice is a less-than-polished person with actual real-world accomplishments under their belt, or a smooth-talker who spent his career in an Ivy League faculty room...well, I think the last 5 years have convinced many of us that a Harvard degree doesn't necessarily mean one can effectively solve problems.
Old 12-06-2013, 01:45 PM   #38
Jim in CT

Quote:

-spence
Here's a classic case of liberal elitism. You're right, Palin doesnt "sound" intelligent. But you know what? She was correct. We are burdening subsequent generations with staggering debt, and we are doing it in a way that doesn't give them any say in the matter. Future generation will, therefore, be forced against their will, to work for the financial benefit of others (mostly the Baby Boomers). That is irrefutable, and when viewed through that lens, I'm not sure that "enslavement" is an outlandish way to describe it. It certainly doesn't warrant the suggestion that I deserve to have someone deficate in my mouth. But as long as that kind of hate is coming from the left, you will endlessly defend it.

Spence, clearly you are more focused with the delivery and elegance of what is being said, rather than with the substance of what is being said.
Old 12-06-2013, 02:11 PM   #39
Jim in CT

Quote:

-spence
And might I remind you that ABC suspended him for vile, sexist remarks he made during a dinner speech for the Asian Journalists Association...

"I’m happy to be in the midst of so many Asian babes. I’m happy that the podium covers me from the waist down." He continued and said that a speech should be "like a dress on a a beautiful woman — long enough to cover the important parts and short enough to keep your interest — like my colleague Juju’s."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Martin_Bashir

Classy!

Good riddance, time for him to rot in the ash heap.,..
Old 12-07-2013, 04:29 AM   #40
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT

(1) Bashir claims that the other side is waging a war on women. Kind of ironic given the way he treated Gov Palin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence

Wow are you out of touch...

Originally Posted by Jim in CT

Quote:
OK, you deny that liberals claim conservatives are waging a war on women. You deny that, and I am the one who is out of touch. Is that about right?

Quote:

Perhaps your grammar is a bad as your math

-spence

ummmm....I could cite all of the times liberal democrat leaders etc.. have used the "war on women" montra to constitute more than 'one person" but that would take a while...

that...

and the line of products available on the DNC website...

http://www.mydemocraticstore.com/StopTheRepWOW-MG58063
http://www.mydemocraticstore.com/Wom...Magnet-MG44389

Last edited by scottw; 12-07-2013 at 04:36 AM..
Old 12-07-2013, 04:40 AM   #41
scottw

Quote:
It's called allowing a somewhat graceful exit after an awkward moment.

spence
awkward moment?...surprised you didn't dismiss it as a..... a joke...haa haaa ....your double standards are voluminous

Last edited by scottw; 12-07-2013 at 06:13 AM..
Old 12-07-2013, 07:54 AM   #42
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
awkward moment?...surprised you didn't dismiss it as a..... a joke...haa haaa ....your double standards are voluminous
It's unbelievable, isn't it? He denies that liberals perpetuate the lie that conservatives are waging a war on women. Despite the fact that the liberal hero Ted Kennedy is the only one with a 'confirmed kill' in this war on women. If there is a war on women, Ted Kennedy is the Audie Murphy of that war!