Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Grumpy Old Pharts Board

Grumpy Old Pharts Board Gerritol, Ex-Lax, Immodium, Bad Breath - all requirements for the Grumpy Board

Old 01-02-2009, 08:52 PM   #61
ProfessorM
Uncle Remus

No damage reveled after the MRI. Just bad tendinitis. He wants me to take anti inflammatory drug for a month or 2 and then see if i am still in pain. It has been going on for about 5 years. I kind of just got used to it. I am not a big fan of getting cut so I will exhaust all possibilities. Now to make the Hersey highway call.

"A beach is a place where a man can feel he's the only soul in the world that's real"
ProfessorM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 09:02 PM   #62
Tagger
Hydro Orientated Lures

Good Luck Paul and don't forget to weigh in .. I'm still board leader here..Be interresting to see how a liteweight does .. You'll be farting dust when its time to go in .. Congrats Ross .. Thats great news .. really though ,, 5.5 pounds .. what a disapointment .. sounds like a normal crap to me ..
Tagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 09:23 PM   #63
striperman36
Old Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessorM View Post
No damage reveled after the MRI. Just bad tendinitis. He wants me to take anti inflammatory drug for a month or 2 and then see if i am still in pain. It has been going on for about 5 years. I kind of just got used to it. I am not a big fan of getting cut so I will exhaust all possibilities. Now to make the Hersey highway call.
Until they perfect a why to use mri's instead, drinking the cleanout juice is the only way to go.
It's amazing to see 35 guys ready to go in, BUMC does that many each session. Well worth it to insure you have no issues.
striperman36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2009, 03:40 PM   #64
ProfessorM
Uncle Remus

Dumb if you don't do it. Lost my wifes father a few years back from colon cancer. Rotten way to watch someone go.

"A beach is a place where a man can feel he's the only soul in the world that's real"
ProfessorM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 08:57 PM   #65
nightfighter
Seldom Seen

Geez, Paul....Only took you a year........

“Americans have the right and advantage of being armed, unlike the people of other countries, whose leaders are afraid to trust them with arms.” – James Madison.
nightfighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2021, 09:35 AM   #66
nightfighter
Seldom Seen

Thought of this old thread as I have to begin the process this afternoon, with colonoscopy at 0800 tomorrow. New cleanout juice. Mix with Gatorade. Only a half gallon as opposed to full gallon. My stomach is already growling and I am hungry but the thing isn't until tomorrow!

Lot of old names in this thread we don't see posting anymore.....

“Americans have the right and advantage of being armed, unlike the people of other countries, whose leaders are afraid to trust them with arms.” – James Madison.
Old 08-25-2021, 11:55 AM   #67
PaulS

I did it about 1 month ago. 20 pills and about 6 glasses of water total.

Good luck Ross.
PaulS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2021, 01:32 PM   #68
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Sh*t happens I’m good for ten years now and by then I might not give a damn.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Got Stripers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2021, 01:50 PM   #69
Guppy
User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Stripers View Post
Sh*t happens I’m good for ten years now and by then I might not give a damn.
Yes u will,,,, been there
Guppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2021, 02:27 PM   #70
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guppy View Post
Yes u will,,,, been there
Father and his brother suffered horribly with Alzheimer’s, might not care about much if it’s genetic. My family has instructions to cover that possible outcome and if severe, moving to a state allowing family help me go on my terms is in the cards.
Got Stripers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2021, 03:46 PM   #71
nightfighter
Seldom Seen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Stripers View Post
Father and his brother suffered horribly with Alzheimer’s, might not care about much if it’s genetic. My family has instructions to cover that possible outcome and if severe, moving to a state allowing family help me go on my terms is in the cards.
My mother had a ten inch section of her colon removed when she was 54 years old, so we three "kids" are on a five year plan for this procedure/scan. Makes sense....

Mom also suffered dementia, as did her mother... So instructions here are to mix any and all pain killers I have hidden away from surgeries, repeat the compass course for me to take out to the bank, and be sure they are holding the plug in their hand when I leave the dock....

Old 08-26-2021, 08:53 AM   #72
nightfighter
Seldom Seen

Five pounds....

Old 08-31-2021, 05:33 PM   #73
nightfighter
Seldom Seen

Just a heads up for you guys going in for this.... ASK what they are going to use for your moderate sedation! They gave me fentanyl!!!! Only 125 micrograms, but it was never discussed. Wiped me out. Got driven home and slept from 10:30 to 4pm..... Not happy to have found that out after looking at my patient portal, not is the anesthesiologist listed. I have had the two major knee procedures, each lasting between 90 and 150 minutes. Never had a hangover like that. I was asking for coffee in the recovery room after the last one. That fentanyl had to be the culprit. Bad chit!

Old 09-01-2021, 06:14 AM   #74
Guppy
User

I was due for this prior to covid,,, I’d better call,,,,
Guppy is offline   Reply With Quote