Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Classifieds Area - NO COMMERCIAL POSTS WHATSOEVER » Classifieds

Classifieds Buy,Sell, or Swap for members only please. NO COMMERCIAL ADVERTISING - thanks... And if you sell something like a boat through here - throw us a couple bucks for the site please :D

Old 04-14-2009, 02:18 PM   #1
Gunpowder
Fish Hound

Send a message via ICQ to Gunpowder Send a message via AIM to Gunpowder
Looking for some bucktails

Have a few plugs that I could trade. Looking for either all white, red/white, or black in the 1oz, 2oz, and 2.5oz range. Looking for new please... Anyone have anything?

Have a tattoo diver in zuri, a roundnose swimmer in schoolbus, and a spook in yellow over white... could dig up some other stuff too if need be. I have ZERO bucktails

"There are many things in life that will catch your eye, but only a few will catch your heart.....pursue those."
Gunpowder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 11:28 PM   #2
Crafty Angler
Geezer Gone Wild

How many are you looking for?

I pour and tie my own, got some that are powder coated white in those sizes but haven't had the time to twist 'em up yet -

Good DIY project - for the right plug I'll send ya some primo bucktail to go with it...

"There is no royal road to this heavy surf-fishing. With all the appliances for comfort experience can suggest, there is a certain amount of hard work to be done and exposure to be bourne as a part of the price of success." From "Striped Bass," Scribner's Magazine, 1881.
Crafty Angler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 08:02 AM   #3
Gunpowder
Fish Hound

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crafty Angler View Post
How many are you looking for?

I pour and tie my own, got some that are powder coated white in those sizes but haven't had the time to twist 'em up yet -

Good DIY project - for the right plug I'll send ya some primo bucktail to go with it...
i'd probably be looking for 15-20 or so... not having really used bucktails before, im sure ill lose some of them to start. no rush... when you have time to tie them together, maybe we can work something out... i can get a pic up of the three plugs i listed and we can go from there...

mike

"There are many things in life that will catch your eye, but only a few will catch your heart.....pursue those."
Old 04-15-2009, 10:49 AM   #4
Crafty Angler
Geezer Gone Wild

GP - just so you know, 15-20 jigs in those sizes are worth $60 to $90 - which is why I make my own

What else do you have to trade?

"There is no royal road to this heavy surf-fishing. With all the appliances for comfort experience can suggest, there is a certain amount of hard work to be done and exposure to be bourne as a part of the price of success." From "Striped Bass," Scribner's Magazine, 1881.
Old 04-15-2009, 10:01 PM   #5
Gunpowder
Fish Hound

Quote:
GP - just so you know, 15-20 jigs in those sizes are worth $60 to $90 - which is why I make my own

What else do you have to trade?
umm, well i could make it four plugs? paid about $18-22 for each plug so if i made it four plugs would that be good?

Old 04-16-2009, 09:12 AM   #6
rhahn427

I've got a ton of bucktails ........ what all do you want to trade ...... Gunpowder was first in line though
rhahn427 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 10:02 AM   #7
Crafty Angler
Geezer Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhahn427 View Post
I've got a ton of bucktails ........ what all do you want to trade ...... Gunpowder was first in line though
Looks like he's got ya covered, Mike -

Old 04-16-2009, 01:56 PM   #8
Gunpowder
Fish Hound

doesnt mater to me whom i get them from... i can post a pic in like 10 mins of what i was thinking of offering and then someone can make a return offer

thanks for the interest guys

Old 04-16-2009, 01:57 PM   #9
rhahn427

Hey ...... Crafty Angler ........ you got first's guy ........ I was just saying that if he had more to trade after you guys finished then I have a bunch of bucktails if he wanted ....... shoot yours are probably better because it sounds like you would custom make his colors .......
rhahn427 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 02:57 PM   #10
Gunpowder
Fish Hound

pic

pic of the three lures
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0307.jpg
Views:	142
Size:	70.1 KB
ID:	33350  

Old 04-16-2009, 06:54 PM   #11
Crafty Angler
Geezer Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhahn427 View Post
Hey ...... Crafty Angler ........ you got first's guy ........ I was just saying that if he had more to trade after you guys finished then I have a bunch of bucktails if he wanted ....... shoot yours are probably better because it sounds like you would custom make his colors .......
Well, I was trying to get out of tying jigs up to tell ya the truth - I've got enough going on now as it is...

That's why I was trying to encourage Mike to do a little DIY since the jigs I have are poured and painted but not dressed - not real hard to do if you have the time and a lot less expensive than buying 'em -

As for custom colors, the 3 best I've found are white, white - and black, in that order -

And I'm pretty much set for Tattoo's right now - so I'm out

Old 04-17-2009, 07:51 AM   #12
taJon

Quote:
Well, I was trying to get out of tying jigs up to tell ya the truth - I've got enough going on now as it is...

That's why I was trying to encourage Mike to do a little DIY since the jigs I have are poured and painted but not dressed - not real hard to do if you have the time and a lot less expensive than buying 'em -

As for custom colors, the 3 best I've found are white, white - and black, in that order -

And I'm pretty much set for Tattoo's right now - so I'm out
what size are those bucktails you don't want to tie? maybe we could work something out?

boatless................can I have a ride?
taJon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 07:16 PM   #13
Gunpowder
Fish Hound

i just have no idea what i would be doing... never have tied a bucktail in my life.