Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Sports Talk - Title Town

Sports Talk - Title Town Sports Talk - Our Home for the 2004/2007 World Champion Red Sox, Super Bowl XXXVI, XXXVIII, XXXIX Champion Patriots! SEVENTEEN TIME NBA Champion Boston Celtics, 2011 winners of Lord Stanley's Cup Boston Bruins!!!

Old 05-22-2014, 07:26 PM   #1
ProfessorM
Uncle Remus

Anyone still watching hockey?

This series is very enjoyable. Getting ugly too, my kind of old time hockey. I am even rooting for a New York team.

"A beach is a place where a man can feel he's the only soul in the world that's real"
ProfessorM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2014, 08:06 PM   #2
eskimo

Yup. Play off hockey is as good as it gets.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
eskimo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2014, 08:42 PM   #3
Mike P
Jiggin' Leper Lawyer

Hawks-Kings will be fantastic. First two games have been great. Hawks totally collapsed in the third. And Crawford was horrible.
Mike P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2014, 09:30 PM   #4
redlite

To the point i have a road kill still growing on my face and i could care less about fishin. Had a fight with the wife about shavin yesterday. She just doesnt believe that my excuse for a rally beard has direct correlation with the success of the rangers. This could be the year
GO RANGERS!!!!!!!
redlite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2014, 06:36 PM   #5
sburnsey931

I guess I lied to my wife and myself when I said it was over when the B 's were eliminated. I am still tense and sleep deprived.
I am rooting for the team ( can't admit NY) to knock out the Habs. Watched the OT goal last nite.
Most of my life I never expected Stanley Cups or World Series Rings......just didn't want to be beat by the Canadiens or the Yankees.....
I was 28 years old the first time we beat the Canadiens in the playoffs......
I spent a lot of years watching us lose.....when we beat them in 7 in 2011 ....I swore at the TV. .....Blank blank Montreal.....my wife to this day.....couldn't believe my reaction.....
sburnsey931 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2014, 07:33 PM   #6
nightfighter
Seldom Seen

The suspensions given by the NHL today are so screwed up it isn't funny. Carcillo got ten games for "physical abuse" of an official? He was being manhandled by a much bigger linesman... and it happened while there was a fight going on, during which Carcillo should have been able to match up with a counterpart on the Canadiens, as often happens during a fight. That calls for an automatic ten? The rule calls for a three, ten, or twenty game suspension. Not condoning what Carcillo did, but the linesman's timing was critical, as it could have put Carcillo's team at a disadvantage until order was restored. So he is out for the rest of the playoffs....

And Prust's cheap blindside hit, that broke Stepan's jaw, only gets two games???? Stepan's injury will require surgery, likely leaving him out for the rest of the year. Rangers got screwed by the officials AND the league IMO.

No hockey tonight..... not enthused watching the Sox lately.
nightfighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2014, 08:00 PM   #7
ProfessorM
Uncle Remus

I do feel that the hit should have gotten 5 games at least. It was a penalty that the refs missed and intent to injury which he did. 2 games is way to light.

"A beach is a place where a man can feel he's the only soul in the world that's real"
Old 05-26-2014, 11:34 AM   #8
Mike P
Jiggin' Leper Lawyer

Rangers have them on the ropes now, despite spending half the game in the box last night. The diving and embellishment that the Habs are doing is an embarrassment to the game. Markov took a stick to the shoulder, and a good two seconds later acted like he just took a punch to the face. Subban jumped a foot off the ice and kicked both of his legs back after another marginal high stick. These guys aren't doing this on their own. It's instilled in them by the coach and management, yet Therien and Briere both suggested that Stepan was faking his broken jaw, even as he was in surgery.

Wise men speak because they have something to say; Fools, because they have to say something.
Old 05-29-2014, 10:02 PM   #9
redlite

RANGERS BABY!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 05-30-2014, 06:14 AM   #10
iamskippy

Whats the NHL? Is that the sport that use to have men playing it and not a bunch of whinney pussys overly protect and controled by the league?
iamskippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 06:59 AM   #11
OLD GOAT
OLDGOAT7205963

I watched the #5 La.---Hawks game. about forty shots each on goal ,,tied 4-4 ,double overtime , Hawks win.

I'm still catching up on sleep.
fishen and hockey is going to kill me
OLD GOAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 03:24 PM   #12
Mike P
Jiggin' Leper Lawyer

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamskippy View Post
Whats the NHL? Is that the sport that use to have men playing it and not a bunch of whinney pussys overly protect and controled by the league?
You were watching the wrong conference---the one that has the two biggest collections of whining divers ever assembled in the Penguins and Habs.

Most of the series out west have been outright wars. Ducks/Kings especially.

Wise men speak because they have something to say; Fools, because they have to say something.
Old 05-30-2014, 07:21 PM   #13
iamskippy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike P View Post
You were watching the wrong conference---the one that has the two biggest collections of whining divers ever assembled in the Penguins and Habs.

Most of the series out west have been outright wars. Ducks/Kings especially.
After the suspension and all the PK BS and the refs i stopped watching. Not sure i will ever watch again.....
iamskippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 03:05 PM   #14
The Iceman 6
Here fishy fishy

Must with Game 3 now for the Rangers. LGR!! Nervous.
The Iceman 6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 06:41 PM   #15
ProfessorM
Uncle Remus

still watching. I can't keep rooting for a New York team so I am leaning towards a LA win but I want it to go 7 games so tonite I root for the Rangers.

Old 06-10-2014, 01:07 PM   #16
Mike P
Jiggin' Leper Lawyer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessorM View Post
still watching. I can't keep rooting for a New York team so I am leaning towards a LA win but I want it to go 7 games so tonite I root for the Rangers.
5 games, max. The Kings combine size and speed. They'd wear the Rags down over a 7 game series.

Funny how all of the re-directs hit Lundqvist in the body or pads during the Pens and Habs series, and now they're finding the back of the net. Quick has been up and down all playoffs. Worst save pct. of any goalie in the playoffs over the last 20 years. Great last night, but he got lucky a couple of times, too. He's been giving up way too many meatball rebounds. And he has a forest of redwoods playing in front of him. No one under 200 lbs on the ice for the Kings. They block a ton of shots.

Old 06-10-2014, 02:59 PM   #17
ProfessorM
Uncle Remus

I'd have to say after last nite the series is over. Mike is right 5 games max. Big team. Would have luv to see the B's play them but I think they may be too big for them too. Come on N Y lets get one.
Old 06-10-2014, 03:28 PM   #18
spence

At this point it's not about the teams rather I'd just like to see more hockey.

-spence
spence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 04:36 PM   #19
Mike P
Jiggin' Leper Lawyer

IMO, the Kings owe a huge vote of thanks to Bruce Boudreau, the Ducks' coach, who played goalie roulette in the second round. He had a proven vet in Hiller, but went with rookies in Andersson and Gibson as starters. Then, when he gave Hiller a start in game 7, they pulled him after giving up two goals in the first. While Andersson did play well down the stretch, when Hiller was shaky, the playoffs are different for a rookie.

Zuccarello and Marty look like squirt league kids out there among those Kings' giants.

Old 06-10-2014, 05:08 PM   #20
redlite

My wife cant wait for them to get swept tomorrow nite so ill shave this road kill of an excuse for a rangers rally beard off. Havent gotten a hair cut or shaved since the last regular season game. I look like a shatbag rangers fan for sure
Old 06-10-2014, 06:36 PM   #21
massbassman

Quote:
Originally Posted by redlite View Post
My wife cant wait for them to get swept tomorrow nite so ill shave this road kill of an excuse for a rangers rally beard off. Havent gotten a hair cut or shaved since the last regular season game. I look like a shatbag rangers fan for sure
LMAO! Im pulling for them, but the end is near I think.
massbassman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 12:40 PM   #22
Mike P
Jiggin' Leper Lawyer

Funny. The Kings have played three seven games series and the Finals are almost over. Last year, we left for Finland on June 18th and I think they played game 3 the day we left. Seems early for it all to end.

Old 06-11-2014, 11:50 PM   #23
Piscator

I could watch Sutter talk all day long...
Piscator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 11:46 PM   #24
redlite

Good bye beard. It was a hell of a run
Old 06-14-2014, 02:38 PM   #25
ProfessorM
Uncle Remus

Sorry Mike. Good games fun to watch
Old 06-15-2014, 08:02 PM   #26
redlite

Good thing is i no longer get the stink eye every where i go for lookin like a taliban