Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 12-29-2017, 05:45 AM   #1
wdmso

that didn't take long

Donald J. Trump

@realDonaldTrump
In the East, it could be the COLDEST New Year’s Eve on record. Perhaps we could use a little bit of that good old Global Warming that our Country, but not other countries, was going to pay TRILLIONS OF DOLLARS to protect against. Bundle up!

7:01 PM - Dec 28, 2017
Old 12-29-2017, 07:13 AM   #2
Raider Ronnie

Send a message via AIM to Raider Ronnie
A lot of politicians have made themselves filthy rich pushing that hoax.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 12-29-2017, 07:14 AM   #3
scottw

this is great...HUH?

Thursday, December 28, 2017

The Rasmussen Reports daily Presidential Tracking Poll for Thursday shows that 46% of Likely U.S. Voters approve of President Trump’s job performance. Fifty-three percent (53%) disapprove.

Obama at same exact date first year in presidency..46% APPROVE, 53% DISAPPROVE

Trump is enjoying 97% negative coverage from the Mainstream Media, while Obama enjoyed 97% toe licking...yet they pull the same numbers....hilarious
Old 12-29-2017, 08:37 AM   #4
JohnR
Certifiable Intertidal Anguiologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
Trump is enjoying 97% negative coverage from the Mainstream Media, while Obama enjoyed 97% toe licking...yet they pull the same numbers....hilarious
Probably the most factual part of your statement ; )

~Fix the Bait~ ~Pogies Forever~

Striped Bass Fishing - All Stripers

Kobayashi Maru Election - there is no way to win.

Apocalypse is Coming:
Old 12-29-2017, 08:46 AM   #5
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

https://climate.nasa.gov/scientific-consensus

https://insideclimatenews.org/news/0...BoC4jkQAvD_BwE

Not sure I'd believe Donald Trump that global warming is a hoax, not when he can't even compare the size of his inaugural crowd to any past president; how can he be expected to compare today's weather to that 20 years ago. So Donald says it's fake science, so we should believe him; like when he said his team was wire taped? I'd say the data confirms a tread it's as predictable as Trumps tweet this morning, because he had to break out a sweater on his 113th day enjoying his resort.
Old 12-29-2017, 08:56 AM   #6
DZ

He tweaks the left... and they absolutely fall for it every time. Amazing.

DZ
Recreational Surfcaster
"Limit Your Kill - Don't Kill Your Limit"

Bi + Ne = SB 2

If you haven't heard of the Snowstorm Blitz of 1987 - you someday will.
Old 12-29-2017, 09:04 AM   #7
nightfighter
Seldom Seen

Ten day polar vortex vs. decades of data and a melting ice cap..... yeah, I'm sold

“Americans have the right and advantage of being armed, unlike the people of other countries, whose leaders are afraid to trust them with arms.” – James Madison.
Old 12-29-2017, 09:06 AM   #8
PaulS

Quote:
Originally Posted by DZ View Post
He tweaks the left... and they absolutely fall for it every time. Amazing.
You don't think he actually believes it or should people give him a pass when he lies or shows he doesn't know what he is talking about?
Old 12-29-2017, 09:19 AM   #9
DZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
You don't think he actually believes it or should people give him a pass when he lies or shows he doesn't know what he is talking about?
He's skeptical like many others and has a right to share his views. He trolls - most will/should ignore it but many take it hook, line, and sinker. I happen to believe in climate change - I just don't believe there is anything that we can do to change it.

DZ
Recreational Surfcaster
"Limit Your Kill - Don't Kill Your Limit"

Bi + Ne = SB 2

If you haven't heard of the Snowstorm Blitz of 1987 - you someday will.
Old 12-29-2017, 09:28 AM   #10
Slipknot
Super Moderator

his statements don't surprise me at all after what I have read for over a year now, I don't see how they can surprise anyone. Get a pass? with the criticism he has taken, no , that is not going to happen, every word, every golf swing, everything is scrutinized. I get the feeling he does not care if only a small percentage of people take him seriously. If you don't believe that there is actual global warming, then you are not paying attention. Carbon dioxide levels alone cannot be refuted.

The United States Constitution does not exist to grant you rights; those rights are inherent within you. Rather it exists to frame a limited government so that those natural rights can be exercised freely.

1984 was a warning, not a guidebook!

It's time more people spoke up with the truth. Every time we let a leftist lie go uncorrected, the commies get stronger.
Old 12-29-2017, 09:28 AM   #11
spence

Quote:
He trolls - most will/should ignore it but many take it hook, line, and sinker.
How do you ignore it when it's coming from the President?

I don't see the coverage of Trump as being that negative by the way. His behavior is almost universally offensive. They're just reporting what he says and does.
Old 12-29-2017, 09:31 AM   #12
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Stripers View Post
https://climate.nasa.gov/scientific-consensus

https://insideclimatenews.org/news/0...BoC4jkQAvD_BwE

Not sure I'd believe Donald Trump that global warming is a hoax, not when he can't even compare the size of his inaugural crowd to any past president; how can he be expected to compare today's weather to that 20 years ago. So Donald says it's fake science, so we should believe him; like when he said his team was wire taped? I'd say the data confirms a tread it's as predictable as Trumps tweet this morning, because he had to break out a sweater on his 113th day enjoying his resort.
Im surprised the Admin hasn't ordered that NASA page taken down.
Old 12-29-2017, 09:35 AM   #13
PaulS

Quote:
He's skeptical like many others and has a right to share his views. He trolls - most will/should ignore it but many take it hook, line, and sinker. I happen to believe in climate change - I just don't believe there is anything that we can do to change it.
Of course he can share his opinion but when like 99% of scientists believe something most people tend to believe them.

Nice quality for a President - trolling.
Old 12-29-2017, 09:38 AM   #14
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post

I don't see the coverage of Trump as being that negative by the way.
I’m sure you don’t.

He deserves some more negative coverage than others because as you said, he’s offensive and obnoxious. But the media has taken it way beyond what he deserves. The only time the media even talks about the economy is to complain about income inequality. In a fair world, he gets a lot of negative coverage. Not this much. The media cannot be fair to him, they are too crazy and biased.
Old 12-29-2017, 09:40 AM   #15
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post

I don't see the coverage of Trump as being that negative by the way.

Old 12-29-2017, 09:48 AM   #16
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
Of course he can share his opinion but when like 99% of scientists believe something most people tend to believe them.

Nice quality for a President - trolling.
Remember for Trump this is just a reality TV show. As long as the ratings are good he's happy.
Old 12-29-2017, 09:52 AM   #17
spence

Quote:
this is great...HUH?

Thursday, December 28, 2017

The Rasmussen Reports daily Presidential Tracking Poll for Thursday shows that 46% of Likely U.S. Voters approve of President Trump’s job performance. Fifty-three percent (53%) disapprove.

Obama at same exact date first year in presidency..46% APPROVE, 53% DISAPPROVE

Rasmussen has always been skewed for Trump. Across the polls his approval is the lowest ever at one year in.
Old 12-29-2017, 09:56 AM   #18
PaulS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slipknot View Post
his statements don't surprise me at all .
Handsome picture
Old 12-29-2017, 09:58 AM   #19
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
I’m sure you don’t.

He deserves some more negative coverage than others because as you said, he’s offensive and obnoxious. But the media has taken it way beyond what he deserves. The only time the media even talks about the economy is to complain about income inequality. In a fair world, he gets a lot of negative coverage. Not this much. The media cannot be fair to him, they are too crazy and biased.
Most of his negative coverage is engineered by design. Trump loves it.

And I see plenty of positive coverage on the economy in the mainstream media.
Old 12-29-2017, 10:19 AM   #20
scottw

where is he now...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1006-half-bear.jpg
Views:	418
Size:	91.6 KB
ID:	64773  
Old 12-29-2017, 12:20 PM   #21
Raider Ronnie

Send a message via AIM to Raider Ronnie
I’ll believe in “Global Warming/Climate Change” (or whatsever they are calling it this week) when Al Gote installs solar panels on the roofs of one of his mansions
Old 12-29-2017, 12:35 PM   #22
RIROCKHOUND
Also known as OAK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider Ronnie View Post
I’ll believe in “Global Warming/Climate Change” (or whatsever they are calling it this week) when Al Gote installs solar panels on the roofs of one of his mansions
Like the 33 panels on his Nashville house?

Bryan

Originally Posted by #^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&
"For once I agree with Spence. UGH. I just hope I don't get the urge to go start buying armani suits to wear in my shop"
Old 12-29-2017, 12:49 PM   #23
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIROCKHOUND View Post
Like the 33 panels on his Nashville house?
Come on Bryan. His environmental footprint is huge, the last thing he un-plugged was his treadmill (ba-dum-bum-pssh). He certainly seems to live his life in a way that suggests that he isn't even a little bit concerned about minimizing our environmental impact. That, plus the fact that he has made tens of millions off this movement, should make anyone skeptical.
I am on board, I think, with the notion of man-made warming, and I'm happy to pay taxes to study it more. But why anyone thinks Al Gore cares about this movement, is beyond me. If he's correct, and if everyone lived like him, North Dakota would be exporting pineapples by now.
Old 12-29-2017, 01:00 PM   #24
RIROCKHOUND
Also known as OAK

Quote:
Come on Bryan. His environmental footprint is huge, the last thing he un-plugged was his treadmill (ba-dum-bum-pssh). He certainly seems to live his life in a way that suggests that he isn't even a little bit concerned about minimizing our environmental impact. That, plus the fact that he has made tens of millions off this movement, should make anyone skeptical.
I am on board, I think, with the notion of man-made warming, and I'm happy to pay taxes to study it more. But why anyone thinks Al Gore cares about this movement, is beyond me. If he's correct, and if everyone lived like him, North Dakota would be exporting pineapples by now.
Agreed. But that was not what Ronnie said, though.

Al Gore is a spokesperson, an advocate. Not a scientist. He carries little weight on the issue with me. My understanding is he was purchasing carbon credits to offset his usage, although that is from memory.

Glad you are coming around. It is a real issue, and one we need to start adapting to, particularly coastal cities. Not hair on fire react to, but sea level is rising, which we can measure, and will continue to be the way we see impacts first in the northeast. It will be the ‘nuisance floods’ which will start to hit municipal budgets first, barring a major storm. See Annapolis or Norfolk as good examples.

Bryan

"For once I agree with Spence. UGH. I just hope I don't get the urge to go start buying armani suits to wear in my shop"
Old 12-29-2017, 01:08 PM   #25
scottw

Quote:

My understanding is he was purchasing carbon credits to offset his usage.

Old 12-29-2017, 01:10 PM   #26
RIROCKHOUND
Also known as OAK

Quote:
Again, not the way I would do it if I were him. But doesn’t make it not a real issue

Bryan

Old 12-29-2017, 01:38 PM   #27
Jim in CT

Quote:
Agreed. But that was not what Ronnie said, though.

Al Gore is a spokesperson, an advocate. Not a scientist. He carries little weight on the issue with me. My understanding is he was purchasing carbon credits to offset his usage, although that is from memory.

Glad you are coming around. It is a real issue, and one we need to start adapting to, particularly coastal cities. Not hair on fire react to, but sea level is rising, which we can measure, and will continue to be the way we see impacts first in the northeast. It will be the ‘nuisance floods’ which will start to hit municipal budgets first, barring a major storm. See Annapolis or Norfolk as good examples.
"that was not what Ronnie said, though."

Faire enough, he mentioned just panels.

Al Gore is an advocate? Maybe based on what he says, but not based on how he lives, right?

"Glad you are coming around"

I love animals, I love the outdoors, and I believe we have a big obligation o be responsible stewards of these beautiful ecosystems. That doesn't mean I'm going to knock down my house and live in a yurt, while hypocrites like Al Gore and Hollywood swells fly in private jets from one mansion to another. I don't think Al Gore believes a word of what he says., if he did, he would live differently. He says what he says, for the money and the adulation, in my opinion.

Have a wonderful new year Bryan, wishing you great stuff in 2018.
Old 12-29-2017, 02:29 PM   #28
RIROCKHOUND
Also known as OAK

Quote:
"that was not what Ronnie said, though."

Faire enough, he mentioned just panels.

Al Gore is an advocate? Maybe based on what he says, but not based on how he lives, right?

"Glad you are coming around"

I love animals, I love the outdoors, and I believe we have a big obligation o be responsible stewards of these beautiful ecosystems. That doesn't mean I'm going to knock down my house and live in a yurt, while hypocrites like Al Gore and Hollywood swells fly in private jets from one mansion to another. I don't think Al Gore believes a word of what he says., if he did, he would live differently. He says what he says, for the money and the adulation, in my opinion.

Have a wonderful new year Bryan, wishing you great stuff in 2018.
Maybe. Again, Al Gore is meaningless to me.

You too, happy new year

Bryan

Old 12-29-2017, 02:38 PM   #29
spence

Al Gore's house is LEED certified. He like to fly Southwest and made most of his money through some smart investments in TV and Apple. Maybe Jim should stop reading those chain emails.
Old 12-29-2017, 03:02 PM   #30
spence

Quote:
Maybe. Again, Al Gore is meaningless to me.

You too, happy new year
Al Gore isn't trying to influence scientists, he just works to make sure they are heard.