Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Main Forum » Boat Fishing & Boating

Boat Fishing & Boating A new forum at Striped-Bass.com for those fishing from boats and for boating in general

Old 11-11-2012, 08:03 PM   #1
albin35
Pembroke MA

FYI Pollack And Haddock fishing

Captain John in Plymouth is running full day trip on Saturday's til year end anyway. $98. 6 AM to 4:30. Targeting Pollack and Haddock.
albin35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 06:26 AM   #2
big jay

These are real trips too - a very good family friend bought the business last year, and he's making sure the boats go where they need to and find fish. Last week they were 43 miles east of Plymouth and crushed it.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
big jay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 02:22 PM   #3
niko

tell them they need to get the word out. i stopped fishing capt john after a string of poor trips years ago. just felt like they were going through the motions. but it would be nice to fish a local boat. maybe we'll put a trip together. nothing more fun than 40 guys all hooking up at once

my 1st wife didn't like me fishing so much
niko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 03:33 PM   #4
Typhoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by niko View Post
tell them they need to get the word out. i stopped fishing capt john after a string of poor trips years ago. just felt like they were going through the motions. but it would be nice to fish a local boat. maybe we'll put a trip together. nothing more fun than 40 guys all hooking up at once
Good for business and nostalgia, bad for the small boat charter fleet.

-Andrew
Typhoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 03:45 PM   #5
albin35
Pembroke MA

My reason for posting was informative. I prefer to fish aboard local small charter boats. This time of year the opportunity to get out even with aggrivation of 50 anglers and tangles is worth while. Regular season shorter trips with Capt John would be appealing to me in rough weather when smaller boats don't go out.

Fish Hard and Often.

"It's The Peoples Fish"
albin35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 06:58 AM   #6
thefishingfreak
"Fishbucket"

Pollak fishing is off the hook now.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
thefishingfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 06:25 PM   #7
PRBuzz
BuzzLuck

Send a message via Skype™ to PRBuzz
I suggest just using a jig, if you put a 2-3 hook teaser you are likely to catch a fish on every hook!

Last edited by PRBuzz; 11-13-2012 at 07:21 PM..

Given the diversity of the human species, there is no “normal” human genome sequence. We are all mutants.
PRBuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 07:13 PM   #8
niko

good stuff buzz. got to love pollock. i think i could use a good pollock workout

my 1st wife didn't like me fishing so much
niko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 09:23 PM   #9
Raider Ronnie

Send a message via AIM to Raider Ronnie
Enjoy it while lasts !
The friggin dragger fleet want in on it !
They've dragged up most of the cod now they're pushing to get closed areas open so they can do the same to every other bottom fish species

LETS GO BRANDON
Raider Ronnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 10:18 AM   #10
Mr. Sandman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider Ronnie View Post
Enjoy it while lasts !
The friggin dragger fleet want in on it !
They've dragged up most of the cod now they're pushing to get closed areas open so they can do the same to every other bottom fish species
It is maddening. It gets me so pissed I can't think about it anymore.
Mr. Sandman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 10:24 AM   #11
Piscator

Special Thanks to Jane Lubchenco & Barack Obama on this one. I wonder if Lizzy Warren will "stand up for the little guy" and let Lubchenco know that this sort of nonsense is killing the "little guy". Don't forget, Scott Brown called for Lubchenco to be fired.........

"Lubchenco was appointed the head of the NOAA (National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration) in 2009 by President Barack Obama as a part of his new “Science Team”.[11] The NOAA is the nation’s top science agency for climate, oceans, and atmosphere. It has a staff of 12,800 employees, a budget of $4 billion, and is responsible for predicting changes in the Earth’s environment from the depths of the ocean to the surface of the sun as well as managing and conserving our marine and coastal resources.[10] Being elected as the undersecretary of commerce for oceans and atmosphere, Dr. Lubchenco is both the first woman and the first marine ecologist to occupy the post, which had also been vacant for fourteen years previous to her appointment. This post is her current focus today and she has been the guiding force for it through disasters such as the BP oil spill.[7] Her current goals as the head of the NOAA include reorienting how the nation responds to environmental issues like rising seas and decreasing fish stocks, to strengthen scientific research and make it more relevant to society, as well as to improve the health of ecosystems and coastal communities."

"I know a taxidermy man back home. He gonna have a heart attack when he see what I brung him!"
Piscator is offline   Reply With Quote