Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 04-11-2018, 03:29 PM   #31
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
love the russian response
Wait . . . I thought it was Trump who loved the Russians . . .
Old 04-11-2018, 03:37 PM   #32
Pete F.
Canceled

A war will start over someone's tweet about misinformation that they saw on television, Sad.
He could go back to Mar a Lago and play golf, and leave governing to the grownups.

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 04-11-2018, 04:10 PM   #33
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Quote:
Originally Posted by detbuch View Post
Even he knew down deep the bromance wasn’t going to last, eventually he finally get the workings of the world stage and the love of Putin had to be put aside to man up.

Not sure from a strategic vantage point, it’s smart for DJT to be tweeting what we plan to do, seems stupid to me.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 04-11-2018, 04:44 PM   #34
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
A war will start over someone's tweet about misinformation that they saw on television, Sad.
You must mean saw on Fox. The others don't do fake news.
Old 04-11-2018, 04:47 PM   #35
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Stripers View Post
Even he knew down deep the bromance wasn’t going to last, eventually he finally get the workings of the world stage and the love of Putin had to be put aside to man up.

So it was actually bromance not collusion. Are you also able to see the future?

Not sure from a strategic vantage point, it’s smart for DJT to be tweeting what we plan to do, seems stupid to me.
I'm sure the Russians and Syrians know that Trump lies.
Old 04-11-2018, 05:18 PM   #36
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Quote:
I'm sure the Russians and Syrians know that Trump lies.
I will let Muellers team make the judgement call on collusion, but pretty damn sure they had (maybe one way Putin I think is smarter) a bromance.

Sad we are all in agreement he is a habitual liar!
Old 04-11-2018, 05:54 PM   #37
JohnR
Certifiable Intertidal Anguiologist

Quote:
I am not against the use of force but its not a game . and the russian response was on point his base loves the tough guy talk and sounds like a conservative snowflake

Much of the bad blood with Russia is caused by the Fake & Corrupt Russia Investigation, headed up by the all Democrat loyalists, or people that worked for Obama. Mueller is most conflicted of all (except Rosenstein who signed FISA & Comey letter). No Collusion, so they go crazy!

he sounds like a conservative snowflake

“We do not participate in Twitter diplomacy,” Kremlin spokesman Dmitry Peskov told reporters. “We support serious approaches. We continue to believe that it is important not to take steps that could harm an already fragile situation.”

Most of the bad blood with Russia is because Russia is acting like a large Crime Family - which they are, but with nukes. This is Russia and how Russia acts for 300 years, but with Nukes

~Fix the Bait~ ~Pogies Forever~

Striped Bass Fishing - All Stripers

Kobayashi Maru Election - there is no way to win.

Apocalypse is Coming:
Old 04-11-2018, 06:15 PM   #38
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnR View Post
Most of the bad blood with Russia is because Russia is acting like a large Crime Family - which they are, but with nukes. This is Russia and how Russia acts for 300 years, but with Nukes
And that my friend is what makes this so unsettling
Old 04-11-2018, 06:43 PM   #39
detbuch

Quote:
I will let Muellers team make the judgement call on collusion, but pretty damn sure they had (maybe one way Putin I think is smarter) a bromance.

Yes, you're pretty damn sure. And you even knew that Trump knew down deep that the bromance wouldn't last. Since you know so much for damn sure about what Trump knew and what romance was in his heart for Putin, it seems that you should pretty damn sure know whether Trump colluded, and wonder if you could also see the future as well. Like, what is Trump really intending to do about Syria?

Sad we are all in agreement he is a habitual liar!
So do you know for damn sure that he is not lying about raining missiles on Syria?
Old 04-11-2018, 07:47 PM   #40
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Quote:
So do you know for damn sure that he is not lying about raining missiles on Syria?
Gee wiz I always thought this forum involved posting opinions and individual view points, hope you didn’t get your I have to be always right attitude in a bunch. Sorry buddy that’s my opinion and I’m sticking to it😬
Old 04-11-2018, 08:06 PM   #41
detbuch

Quote:
Gee wiz I always thought this forum involved posting opinions and individual view points, hope you didn’t get your I have to be always right attitude in a bunch. Sorry buddy that’s my opinion and I’m sticking to it😬
Me too.
Old 04-12-2018, 03:32 AM   #42
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnR View Post
agreed.. some one should tell Trump that it was his tweet
Old 04-12-2018, 03:38 AM   #43
wdmso

Quote:
Gee wiz I always thought this forum involved posting opinions and individual view points, hope you didn’t get your I have to be always right attitude in a bunch. Sorry buddy that’s my opinion and I’m sticking to it��
But for Detbuch and his personal bromance with trump .. if he does send missiles raining down on Assad it will absolve him from the multitude of all his previous lie's.. in his eyes
Old 04-12-2018, 07:49 AM   #44
spence

Quote:
I think fear might be a more appropriate word than love.
Old 04-12-2018, 08:21 AM   #45
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
I think fear might be a more appropriate word than love.
"The 80's called, they want their foreign policy back"

"If you're arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing."
Old 04-12-2018, 10:55 AM   #46
detbuch

Quote:
But for Detbuch and his personal bromance with trump .. if he does send missiles raining down on Assad it will absolve him from the multitude of all his previous lie's.. in his eyes
So even you, like Got Stripers, have this ability to know what others think. But, as usual, when you announce what I think, you're wrong. Your mind reading ability, actually, sucks.

I don't have a personal attraction to Trump. Although it has changed from disliking him to being neutral but unattracted. I defend him, if it can be called defending, when I think what is said is not true or unsubstantiated. And I think that scouring the universe to find something that gets him impeached or destroyed, is wrong. And, most importantly, I hope he gets the opportunity to nominate several more SCOTUS Judges.

But you're absolutely off the mark in your telepathic vision that bombing Assad will absolve Trump, in my eyes, of anything. I'm not convinced that Assad did the gassing. It doesn't make sense for him to have done that. Of course, making sense may not be part of the equation. And I don't want Assad to be deposed. What good or better would fill the void? I'd rather that we get the hell out of there.

But if Assad did the dirty deed, what should be done about it? Should the U.S., on its own, be the policeman?

And I certainly don't consider most of the stuff what you or others have called Trump's lies as lies.
Old 04-12-2018, 11:12 AM   #47
spence

Quote:
I'm not convinced that Assad did the gassing. It doesn't make sense for him to have done that.
Sure it does. It helps eliminate one of the last pockets of opposition and allows Russia to stir the pot and create more pressure on the US. The risk of a response, even a coalition led response that could depose Assad is really pretty low.

There's also the scenario where the attack was carried out by the Deep State to bait Trump into war with Syria
Old 04-12-2018, 12:58 PM   #48
detbuch

Quote:
Sure it does. It helps eliminate one of the last pockets of opposition

It didn't need help to do that. Assad's opposition was already, to all intents and purposes, defeated. The pocket was not effective against Assad, and could have been eliminated with conventional warfare. Using the chemical weapon which is against UN and international law would stir up the international pot against Assad. It would not be an advantage for Assad, but more of an advantage for ISIS and for those fighting Assad to have the US destroy a big portion of Assad's military capability.

and allows Russia to stir the pot and create more pressure on the US. The risk of a response, even a coalition led response that could depose Assad is really pretty low.

Why would Russia want to put more pressure on the US to attack Assad and destroy his weapons and delivery systems? If Russia wanted to do that, why would it want the very thing used, a chemical weapon attack, which international opinion would be morally and legally against?

And if Russia was colluding with Trump, why would it want to pressure Trump to do something that would help bring him down?

There's also the scenario where the attack was carried out by the Deep State to bait Trump into war with Syria
Do you have a romance with the Deep State? Have the CIA, the FBI, and the rest of them always acted honorably? Have they not illegally killed? Haven't they helped to start wars before? I don't know if Deep State had a hand in this or not. You, of course, are damn sure it didn't.

But there are other scenarios--such as ISIS using the chems to "stir up the pot" against Assad.

At any rate, I'm not with Trump on bombing Syria until there is irrefutable evidence that Assad used the chems. And if that would be the case, I'm not for the US unilaterally exacting punishment.

On the other hand, if Trump is using it as a message to NK that it could actually get the same, it might be a useful bluff in convincing Kim that he needs to cooperate. And the bluff could be swerved away from by some other "lie."

Last edited by detbuch; 04-12-2018 at 01:09 PM..
Old 04-12-2018, 02:08 PM   #49
JohnR
Certifiable Intertidal Anguiologist

Quote:
Sure it does. It helps eliminate one of the last pockets of opposition and allows Russia to stir the pot and create more pressure on the US. The risk of a response, even a coalition led response that could depose Assad is really pretty low.
If Assad is responsible for the gas attack - like his previous gas attacks, particularly since winging the documents regarding use and inventory of chem weapons, the penalty must be severe. I do not believe Russia when they say it was a false flag crap.

All that said, Syria is not wort starting WW3 over. Though keeping Russia in check - a must - will raise those risks.

Quote:

~Fix the Bait~ ~Pogies Forever~

Striped Bass Fishing - All Stripers

Kobayashi Maru Election - there is no way to win.

Apocalypse is Coming:
Old 04-12-2018, 03:02 PM   #50
Pete F.
Canceled

I think you assume too much intelligence for Assad
It worked before
Nothing happened
I’ll do it again
Old 04-12-2018, 03:32 PM   #51
spence

Quote:
It didn't need help to do that. Assad's opposition was already, to all intents and purposes, defeated. The pocket was not effective against Assad, and could have been eliminated with conventional warfare. Using the chemical weapon which is against UN and international law would stir up the international pot against Assad. It would not be an advantage for Assad, but more of an advantage for ISIS and for those fighting Assad to have the US destroy a big portion of Assad's military capability.
The advantage wasn't for Assad more likely Russia.

Quote:
Why would Russia want to put more pressure on the US to attack Assad and destroy his weapons and delivery systems? If Russia wanted to do that, why would it want the very thing used, a chemical weapon attack, which international opinion would be morally and legally against?
Because their objective is to stir the pot.

Quote:
And if Russia was colluding with Trump, why would it want to pressure Trump to do something that would help bring him down?
The collusion has always been about Russian interests. They are running this show.

Quote:
Do you have a romance with the Deep State? Have the CIA, the FBI, and the rest of them always acted honorably? Have they not illegally killed? Haven't they helped to start wars before? I don't know if Deep State had a hand in this or not. You, of course, are damn sure it didn't.
Does the Deep State even exist? I was just quoting my Michael Flynn's son's tweet.
Old 04-12-2018, 06:33 PM   #52
detbuch

Quote:
The advantage wasn't for Assad more likely Russia.

How is Russia advantaged?

Because their objective is to stir the pot.

There must be some deep meaning behind that.

The collusion has always been about Russian interests. They are running this show.

Russia had Syria in its hand and the rebels were basically defeated. Assad was no longer in danger. What did Russia have to gain by having Assad gas a few people?

Does the Deep State even exist? I was just quoting my Michael Flynn's son's tweet.
The term has existed for a long time. There are various but similar versions of it. Mainstream media mostly like to discredit the idea. But credible sources including those who were once part of it have written or done videos describing the phenomenon of the American Deep State, and their analyses have been pretty much in agreement. Here are two articles, the first being the shorter one, and the second being longer and more detailed:

http://www.theamericanconservative.c...state-america/
https://billmoyers.com/2014/02/21/an...he-deep-state/

Peter Dale Scott's book "The American Deep State" is often cited as an excellent informative source. Sheldon Wolin talks about it. Even David Halberstam briefly mentions it in his "The Best and the Brightest."

There are some good youtube videos (the positive ones) including some by Kevin Shipp such as this (it comes in three parts):

Old 04-13-2018, 04:01 AM   #53
wdmso

Quote:
The term has existed for a long time. There are various but similar versions of it. Mainstream media mostly like to discredit the idea. But credible sources including those who were once part of it have written or done videos describing the phenomenon of the American Deep State, and their analyses have been pretty much in agreement. Here are two articles, the first being the shorter one, and the second being longer and more detailed:

http://www.theamericanconservative.c...state-america/
https://billmoyers.com/2014/02/21/an...he-deep-state/

Peter Dale Scott's book "The American Deep State" is often cited as an excellent informative source. Sheldon Wolin talks about it. Even David Halberstam briefly mentions it in his "The Best and the Brightest."

There are some good youtube videos (the positive ones) including some by Kevin Shipp such as this (it comes in three parts):

However, after he started out as a whistleblower on his own, he had major personal problems. an addiction, according to Shipp, that the CIA deliberately placed him in a contaminated house that caused all his assets to be destroyed. As a result, he sued the CIA in 2001.

he is sounding alarms about geoengineering programs, vaccines and the autism link, the 9/11 false flag terror event and how our food supply is poisoned with genetically modified organisms (GMOs).

again your source's are lets say questionable but perfect if your a conspiracy theorist
Old 04-13-2018, 04:40 AM   #54
scottw

Quote:

again your source's are lets say questionable but perfect if your a conspiracy theorist
pavlovian....

read this...I hope the NY Times is in your mind a less "questionable" source of conspiracy theory

https://www.nytimes.com/2011/02/11/u...11secrets.html

"Let me tell you: You take on the intelligence community — they have six ways from Sunday at getting back at you," Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer

Last edited by scottw; 04-13-2018 at 05:19 AM..
Old 04-13-2018, 10:32 AM   #55
detbuch

Quote:
However, after he started out as a whistleblower on his own, he had major personal problems. an addiction, according to Shipp, that the CIA deliberately placed him in a contaminated house that caused all his assets to be destroyed. As a result, he sued the CIA in 2001.

he is sounding alarms about geoengineering programs, vaccines and the autism link, the 9/11 false flag terror event and how our food supply is poisoned with genetically modified organisms (GMOs).

Again, as usual, and as so often in past replies to my posts which you tried to discredit, you misread, or didn't read, don't know, or refuse to know, and ultimately make yourself look like a small-minded, biased, or simply ignorant lackey.

I responded to Spence's asking if there was such a thing as the Deep State. It is not at all difficult to "search the archives," as Spence might say, and which he was, perhaps, too lazy to do, so I did it for him and presented two articles, a book, some other authors on the subject, and a detailed three part video explaining what is meant by the "Deep State"--these being a small sample of what is readily available on the subject.

All you could do, apparently, to deflect from a discussion on the Deep State, was pick on a tiny portion of the Video, disregarding the articles, one of which is highly detailed, and all the details in the video, which is one of three videos that it took to cover Shipp's presentation, all chock-full of detail after detail, none of which has been disputed or proven false. Most of which can be verified. And your tiny pin prick at the items in my post wasn't even on the mark.

Really, you need to do better.
Old 04-13-2018, 12:18 PM   #56
Pete F.
Canceled

Ahhh, Zeitgeist

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin