Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 11-27-2010, 08:24 AM   #1
Raider Ronnie

Send a message via AIM to Raider Ronnie
Ho Ho Ho

Bad new for millions of kids this christmas.
They can expect fewer gifts under the tree this year thanks to OBAMA.
Santa had to lay off most of the elves !

LETS GO BRANDON
Old 11-27-2010, 08:29 AM   #2
Nebe

No.. Thanks to every president before him who pushed for free trade.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 11-27-2010, 09:45 AM   #3
spence

I would have at least hoped the joke could have been a little funny.

-spence
Old 11-27-2010, 11:29 AM   #4
Raven

well at least the pres is a little more funnier lookin.
Old 11-27-2010, 11:44 AM   #5
Nebe

Old 11-27-2010, 08:56 PM   #6
Piscator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider Ronnie View Post
Bad new for millions of kids this christmas.
They can expect fewer gifts under the tree this year thanks to OBAMA.
Santa had to lay off most of the elves !
All the so called "poor" kids will get gifts this year. Any kids who's parents work hard and make an honest living will get their gifts taken away by the government to give to the "poor"

"I know a taxidermy man back home. He gonna have a heart attack when he see what I brung him!"
Old 11-27-2010, 09:00 PM   #7
RIROCKHOUND
Also known as OAK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piscator View Post
Any kids who's parents work hard and make an honest living will get their gifts taken away by the government to give to the "poor"

Did that happen to either of you as a direct result of the current administration?

Bryan

Originally Posted by #^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&
"For once I agree with Spence. UGH. I just hope I don't get the urge to go start buying armani suits to wear in my shop"
Old 11-28-2010, 06:33 AM   #8
scottw

Originally Posted by Piscator
Any kids who's parents work hard and make an honest living will get their gifts taken away by the government to give to the "poor"

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIROCKHOUND View Post
Did that happen to either of you as a direct result of the current administration?
I'm not a scientist , but that would appear to be a metaphor for Obama and his administration's "clearly stated" redistributionist metality and policies, the assault on the middle class and massive expansion of the dependent class.....

I suppose if your heath insurance premiums have soared recently as a result of the parts of the health care legislation that have been enacted and the reaction by heath insurance companies to the increase premiums to compensate for the added burden means that you have less to spend on presents for the kiddies.... that would be fewer presents as a direct result of the current administration and their attempt to give their own government provided presents

but it's not even Christmas "They can expect fewer gifts under the tree this year thanks to OBAMA"... yet... soooooooo...we'll have to wait and see how many elves file for unemployment

if he touches my presents...I'll give him a fat lip :

Last edited by scottw; 11-28-2010 at 07:55 AM..
Old 11-28-2010, 11:55 AM   #9
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
I'm not a scientist , but that would appear to be a metaphor for Obama and his administration's "clearly stated" redistributionist metality and policies, the assault on the middle class and massive expansion of the dependent class.....
Seems as though the recession has been the largest burden on the Middle Class.

What's Obama done for the Middle Class? How about cut taxes, provide stimulus, and propose keeping Middle Class tax rates low...Hell, I just heard Warren Buffet remark the other day how the rich are making so much right now they should be paying more. Freaking commie...

Piscator's comment doesn't make a lot of sense, unless he's making over 500 grand a year.

-spence
Old 11-28-2010, 01:12 PM   #10
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post

What's Obama done for the Middle Class? How about cut taxes, provide stimulus, and propose keeping Middle Class tax rates low...Hell, I just heard Warren Buffet remark the other day how the rich are making so much right now they should be paying more. Freaking commie...

Piscator's comment doesn't make a lot of sense, unless he's making over 500 grand a year.

-spence
Just curious. What is the Constitutional principle that allows congress to impose a higher rate of taxation on one citizen and a lower rate on another, and exempt others from the tax altogether? Is this some form of equality under the law? Is there a philosophical, if not constitutional reason for unequal taxation? Is it the "from each according to his ability, to each according to his need" philosophy? Is it about fairness rather than constitutionality? If we are to let concepts of fairness trump the Constitution, by what criteria is fairness decided? Some might say that those who gather greater wealth by creating wealth, by creating the business and jobs and ensuing commerce have contributed far more than their fair share of our economic burden. And that confiscating a higher percentage of their reward for their contribution is a punishment, a disincentive. Are we to legislate by economic theory rather than by Constitutional limits derived by natural law and human nature? If so, by which economic theory? So-called progressive taxation fits more closely to an economic theory that believes in the value of surplus labor (the value of labor that creates a "profit" beyond what is needed to equitably pay everyone from worker to manager, and the redistribution of that excess value, "profits", to the workers not the owners.) rather than a "free market" economy.

What's the reason for progressive tax rates?
Old 11-28-2010, 06:51 PM   #11
scottw

Quote:

-spence
I thought the recession ended a while ago?

that's right...Obama said we should be "thanking him"...

cut taxes???... ahhhh...when????
stimulus???.....deemed a failure by most experts
keeping the Bush tax rates that the democrats scorned wouldn't amount to a new muffler for the middle class...big deal I guess.... right??? at least he might be coming around on extending them....we'll see....freakin' commie
Buffet can pay more any time he desires, noone is stopping him....

THANK YOU PRESIDENT OBAMA....

Last edited by scottw; 11-28-2010 at 08:14 PM..
Old 11-28-2010, 09:13 PM   #12
Piscator

Quote:

-spence
Rockhound, it’s a metaphor that increased taxes (not just income taxes) take away more money available to purchase goods.

Spence, you need to look at the whole picture for it to make sense. It's doesn't just come down to taxable income at the 500K level. They are squeezing us in many other ways. For example, my health insurance has gone completely through the roof at an uncontrollable pace and it is a direct result of the clown in the White House and his motive to push his Healthcare agenda for all. Property taxes and property assessments in my town are increasing while property values are going down. Also, our sales tax has increased in Massachusetts this year. The bottom line is that more of my income is lost in 2010 vs 2009 and it is a result of Government actions (Fed/State/Local).
Make sense now?
Is Christmas going to be tighter this year for my family because of this? No, I will cut spending in other ways. For one, I’m not giving as much to charity as I normally do as the Government has taken the liberty to do it for me.

"I know a taxidermy man back home. He gonna have a heart attack when he see what I brung him!"