Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 11-08-2018, 06:52 PM   #61
PaulS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sea Dangles View Post
Are we now supposed to believe Antifa is not tied to the Democratic Party but the KKK is nothing but republicans in sheets? What a disgrace and joke the libs have evolved into.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
https://www.vox.com/2017/8/25/161890...ight-mark-bray
Old 11-08-2018, 07:06 PM   #62
PaulS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slipknot View Post
They are Soros funded blackshirts comprised of useful angry idiots who are playing their part in the propaganda war to subvert our Republic.
I guess It's not only fish that take a Hook, Line & Sinker. Got any proof of this fantasy.
Old 11-08-2018, 07:12 PM   #63
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
I guess It's not only fish that take a Hook, Line & Sinker. Got any proof of this fantasy.
I think it’s pretty funny that since Antifa is anti fascist they must be democrats.

While white nationalists are slobbering over trump like a hound dog in heat.

Just let that sink in.
Old 11-08-2018, 07:20 PM   #64
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
I think it’s pretty funny that since Antifa is anti fascist they must be democrats.

It's not convincing to call yourself anti-fascist while acting like Nazi's and fascists.

While white nationalists are slobbering over trump like a hound dog in heat.

Just let that sink in.
So if someone slobbers over YOU that means you like that person. Just let that sink in.
Old 11-08-2018, 07:33 PM   #65
detbuch

This must be one of those under the same umbrella groups like Antifa: https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...cid=spartanntp

Saying that these groups under the same umbrella with Antifa are not "associated" with Democrats, but they only attack anti-Democrats is pretty close to being a distinction without a difference.
Old 11-08-2018, 07:49 PM   #66
Ian
Idiot

Quote:
Originally Posted by detbuch View Post
This "not doing enough" is a political talking point. He has a Jewish daughter and grandchildren. He moved our embassy to Jerusalem. He has renounced David Duke several times. I don't know very many politicians that have done more.

Let me ask you directly: do you believe that Trump supports the KKK? Do you think he is a white supremacist?
No, but I don’t think he minds being supported by them. And I think he tactfully toss a line of saying some pretty effed up stuff just to appeal to them so they’ll vote for him.

I also don’t think he’s a white supremacist, but my explanation above works here too.

Now if you ask me if I mind that our country is run by someone with such a fragile ego and cheap conscience that he’s willing to pander to these people’s darkest beliefs, then my answer is yes, that bothers me and makes me believe he’s a spineless sh$thead who will literally say or do anything to make people like him.

The artist formerly known as Scratch59.
Old 11-08-2018, 07:53 PM   #67
Ian
Idiot

Quote:
This must be one of those under the same umbrella groups like Antifa: https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...cid=spartanntp

Saying that these groups under the same umbrella with Antifa are not "associated" with Democrats, but they only attack anti-Democrats is pretty close to being a distinction without a difference.
There’s a lot wrong with that reasoning

Old 11-08-2018, 07:57 PM   #68
Pete F.
Canceled

I think the truth is closer to this
From the editor of The Week
When the white nationalist accused of killing 11 people arrived at an emergency room with several bullet wounds, he shouted, “I want to kill all the Jews!” The doctor and nurse attending him were Jewish, the hospital’s president, Dr Jeffrey Cohen belongs to the tree of life congregation Bowers attacked. They tended to Bowers as they would any patient. “We’re here to take care of sick people” Cohen said. You do what you think is right.
Cohen made a point of talking to Bowers, to see what kind of person would turn a AR15 on grandfathers and grandmothers and two disabled men.
He saw not a monster, but a “very lost guy” who’d listened to the “noise” telling him that white Christian America was being invaded by Jews, by a caravan of Central Americans, by foreign vermin.
Words mean things, Cohen said, Words are leading people to do things like this.
Old 11-08-2018, 08:00 PM   #69
Ian
Idiot

Quote:
What the Mainstream Media WON'T Tell You About The Migrant Caravan Crisis regarding who the "migrants' actually are--they are not mostly women and children. And they are not all peaceful Hondurans and Guatemalans:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=JIfBBOv0CPg
Any time I get linked to a YouTube video that actually says in its description “mainstream media”, I don’t watch it... it’s a personal rule I have

Old 11-08-2018, 08:01 PM   #70
Sea Dangles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian View Post
Trump HAS re-tweeted a number of white supremacists, at least one of which has been in a leadership position for the KKK.

That doesn’t mean the Klan is a republican boys club with sheets, but it does make them trump supporters in sheets, and he’s not doing a lot to distance himself from that.
If u don’t think antifa thinks they are affiliated with the libs then wake up. ButI am sure you can provide examples of the party trying to distance themselves.

PRO CHOICE REPUBLICAN
Old 11-08-2018, 08:03 PM   #71
detbuch

Quote:
No, but I don’t think he minds being supported by them. And I think he tactfully toss a line of saying some pretty effed up stuff just to appeal to them so they’ll vote for him.

I also don’t think he’s a white supremacist, but my explanation above works here too.

Now if you ask me if I mind that our country is run by someone with such a fragile ego and cheap conscience that he’s willing to pander to these people’s darkest beliefs, then my answer is yes, that bothers me and makes me believe he’s a spineless sh$thead who will literally say or do anything to make people like him.
So, if Antifa types vote, who do you think they vote for when it's between a Republican and a Democrat? Do you think that privately Dems would mind if they got those votes? And I don't see this extraordinary effort by Dems to discredit Antifa and to distant themselves from them. And I recall, don't remember by who, some on the left trying to justify what Antifa does.
Old 11-08-2018, 08:05 PM   #72
scottw

pete scares me more than antifa...i hope he doesn't hear the wrong words and flip out
Old 11-08-2018, 08:07 PM   #73
detbuch

Quote:
There’s a lot wrong with that reasoning
Splain
Old 11-08-2018, 08:07 PM   #74
spence

People here trying to equate a handful of antifa with latent and overt racism and white nationalism. Trump has you.

Perhaps we should just start tossing out bread crumbs.

Old 11-08-2018, 08:11 PM   #75
Pete F.
Canceled

The caravan is actually pretty simple
Many people from Central America want to come to the USA
A coyote costs a lot but if you are traveling alone it is the safer way to go and does cost 5-10K
A caravan is a group of people who join together to go to the same place instead of using a coyote
Theirs no big plot here, just poor people hoping for a chance.
I don’t think everyone should just come to the USA
We need to address the issues in Central America or it will never stop.
Old 11-08-2018, 08:14 PM   #76
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
The caravan is actually pretty simple
Many people from Central America want to come to the USA
A coyote costs a lot but if you are traveling alone it is the safer way to go and does cost 5-10K
A caravan is a group of people who join together to go to the same place instead of using a coyote
Theirs no big plot here, just poor people hoping for a chance.
I don’t think everyone should just come to the USA
We need to address the issues in Central America or it will never stop.
You forgot the part about them being killed if they stay home. Partially due to wars the US helped instigate decades ago.
Old 11-08-2018, 08:20 PM   #77
detbuch

Quote:
Any time I get linked to a YouTube video that actually says in its description “mainstream media”, I don’t watch it... it’s a personal rule I have
who the "migrants' actually are--they are not mostly women and children. And they are not all peaceful Hondurans and Guatemalans:

Removed the offending words. Now you can watch it.
Old 11-08-2018, 08:20 PM   #78
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
pete scares me more than antifa...i hope he doesn't hear the wrong words and flip out
I’m hunting this weekend with some very conservative people
They are not Trumplicans at all
The end result of Trump will not be good for the Republican Party or this country

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 11-08-2018, 08:23 PM   #79
Ian
Idiot

Quote:
So, if Antifa types vote, who do you think they vote for when it's between a Republican and a Democrat? Do you think that privately Dems would mind if they got those votes? And I don't see this extraordinary effort by Dems to discredit Antifa and to distant themselves from them. And I recall, don't remember by who, some on the left trying to justify what Antifa does.
Honestly, I don’t think they vote

Old 11-08-2018, 08:25 PM   #80
Ian
Idiot

Quote:
who the "migrants' actually are--they are not mostly women and children. And they are not all peaceful Hondurans and Guatemalans:

Removed the offending words. Now you can watch it.
It’s not your words I was referring to... the video is from Judicial watch and literally says “what the mainstream media won’t tell you”

I am going out on a limb here and saying this isn’t the most unbiased source for information on this topic

Old 11-08-2018, 08:29 PM   #81
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
You forgot the part about them being killed if they stay home. Partially due to wars the US helped instigate decades ago.
What are you insinuating that history counts?
Not in the world of real estate/Trump

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Lets Go Darwin
Old 11-08-2018, 09:07 PM   #82
detbuch

Quote:
People here trying to equate a handful of antifa with latent and overt racism and white nationalism. Trump has you.

Your minimizing them as a handful (the article that PaulS posted said they were not a monolith but a part of various groups under the same umbrella) shows your bias.

And the "trying" here is not equating but associating. The constant association of Trump, or "Conservatives" with racism and white nationalism is an obvious construct for political ends. It's always a loose, fabricated connection. I'll directly ask you as I did Ian. Do you believe Trump is a racist, or a white nationalist, or anti-Semitic, or misogynist?
Old 11-08-2018, 09:13 PM   #83
detbuch

Quote:
It’s not your words I was referring to... the video is from Judicial watch and literally says “what the mainstream media won’t tell you”

I am going out on a limb here and saying this isn’t the most unbiased source for information on this topic
If you are only going to watch unbiased videos, then don't watch any that involve political viewpoints. Fox News (who were part of uncovering the facts in this video and broadcasting them) is not more biased than CNN or NBC or ABC. Maybe you just shouldn't watch or read any news outlet.

In this case, you're choosing to be willfully uninformed.

Last edited by detbuch; 11-08-2018 at 09:58 PM..
Old 11-08-2018, 09:15 PM   #84
detbuch

Quote:
Honestly, I don’t think they vote
That's incredible. But it is a convenient cop out.
Old 11-08-2018, 09:28 PM   #85
Sea Dangles

Quote:

Jeff, if you were less biased and honest then you would just admit both sides do it. You have an infatuation with trying to prove one side does it more, or worse. This is where you lose credibility ,like most of the real snowflakes.

PRO CHOICE REPUBLICAN
Old 11-08-2018, 09:31 PM   #86
Sea Dangles

Quote:
Jeff, the Indians are not getting their land back and we will not be sending all the colored people back to Mother Africa. So stop.

PRO CHOICE REPUBLICAN
Old 11-08-2018, 09:34 PM   #87
detbuch

Quote:
I think the truth is closer to this
From the editor of The Week
When the white nationalist accused of killing 11 people arrived at an emergency room with several bullet wounds, he shouted, “I want to kill all the Jews!” The doctor and nurse attending him were Jewish, the hospital’s president, Dr Jeffrey Cohen belongs to the tree of life congregation Bowers attacked. They tended to Bowers as they would any patient. “We’re here to take care of sick people” Cohen said. You do what you think is right.
Cohen made a point of talking to Bowers, to see what kind of person would turn a AR15 on grandfathers and grandmothers and two disabled men.
He saw not a monster, but a “very lost guy” who’d listened to the “noise” telling him that white Christian America was being invaded by Jews, by a caravan of Central Americans, by foreign vermin.
Words mean things, Cohen said, Words are leading people to do things like this.
Dr. Cohen's words (noise) mean things. They might lead another anti-Semite to kill some more Jews. Referring to some "noise" that America was being invaded by Jews in the caravan could get more Jews killed.
Old 11-08-2018, 09:42 PM   #88
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Jeff, the Indians are not getting their land back and we will not be sending all the colored people back to Mother Africa. So stop.
See what happens when you blow a dogwhistle

Lets Go Darwin
Old 11-08-2018, 09:50 PM   #89
detbuch

Quote:
See what happens when you blow a dogwhistle
Sometimes you see through the lens of what you consider the truth, other times you rely on dog whistles.
Old 11-08-2018, 10:04 PM   #90
spence

Quote:
Jeff, if you were less biased and honest then you would just admit both sides do it. You have an infatuation with trying to prove one side does it more, or worse. This is where you lose credibility ,like most of the real snowflakes.
By your logic both my neighbor’s yards are weedy even though one has a few thistles and the other hasn’t been mown in a year. How about a little analysis Chris. Take in a few variables and use the thinker. No honest observer can claim parity here.

As for the snowflake stuff, it says a hell of a lot more about you than it does me.