Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Build Stuff: Custom Plug & Lure Building, Rod Building » Plug Building - Got Wood?

Plug Building - Got Wood? Got Plug?

Old 01-03-2008, 03:28 PM   #31
eastendlu

Well what is it?
eastendlu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 09:33 PM   #32
Nebe

Quote:
Originally Posted by eastendlu View Post
Well what is it?

you think he is going to post it? yeah right.

This forum used to be about sharing ideas and knowledge in a grass-roots hobby where guys were excited to simply go out and catch some fish with some plugs they made. Now everyone is out to make a buck or back stab the other guy who is trying to make a buck. What really kills me though are the guys who are making bucks off of knowledge that was brought to this table under the pretense of 'open sharing'.
Nebe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 08:42 AM   #33
zacs
D'oh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebe View Post

This forum used to be about sharing ideas and knowledge in a grass-roots hobby where guys were excited to simply go out and catch some fish with some plugs they made. Now everyone is out to make a buck or back stab the other guy who is trying to make a buck. What really kills me though are the guys who are making bucks off of knowledge that was brought to this table under the pretense of 'open sharing'.
who pissed in your cheerios?

i bent my wookie
zacs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 09:12 AM   #34
eastendlu

If your not going to share it then why post that you have something in the first place.Ohh i get it its all done thru pm's now and only the elite are priviliged.
Old 01-04-2008, 06:29 PM   #35
Nebe

Quote:
Originally Posted by zacs View Post
who pissed in your cheerios?

Wilson.
Old 01-04-2008, 09:06 PM   #36
zacs
D'oh

Quote:
Wilson.
king of prussia?

i bent my wookie
zacs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 10:01 PM   #37
Nebe

the one and only.
Old 01-04-2008, 11:12 PM   #38
Krispy

Quote:

Wow Eben
Seems to me you used this forum to sell everything you've ever had your fingers on. Plugs, rubber, glass, tackleshops. Come on
Now I try and bring a revolutionary product that Ive spent thousand$ finding to the plugbuilding community, who probly arent willing to shell the $$$.00 per 5gal, and your gonna pull the righteous indignation bit??
Ive given alot over the years, many golden pcs of info for those willing to listen. Ive given more than Ive taken, I worked hard to find the best of everything
I have every pc of the puzzle. I could literally set up shop and pump 100k lures out this year of the highest quality. And I should what, give this knowledge out so even more people can make money off my blood sweat and tears
No-ones gonna tell you their clear coat and here I'll hand it to you on a silver platter but spotted stripers want to know all the secrets.. How about tomorrows lotto #s too

Last edited by Krispy; 01-04-2008 at 11:25 PM..

Sooner or later you're going to realize just as I did that there's a difference between knowing the path and walking the path. - Morpheus
Krispy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 11:44 PM   #39
Slipknot
Super Moderator

Guys, he said he was THINKING about making it available to the plug building community, he was working on getting smaller quantities available. He never said he was going to say what it was on this thread. He didn't say he'd inform us by PM either. I don't know about you guys but I can wait patiently, I have been searching a long time for something idiot proof and easy that will last. Try not to take things the wrong way everyone, just chill.

Krispy, if this product is something that will be compatible with spray paint,lacquer,enamel or acrylic paints, then that would be something

Put me down as being interested, Thanks
Slipknot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2008, 09:02 AM   #40
eastendlu

Thanks Slip and i don't mean to come off the wrong way.Put me down as intrested also Krispy and my apologies if i upset anyone.
Old 01-05-2008, 09:51 AM   #41
Nebe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krispy View Post
Wow Eben
Seems to me you used this forum to sell everything you've ever had your fingers on. Plugs, rubber, glass, tackleshops. Come on
Now I try and bring a revolutionary product that Ive spent thousand$ finding to the plugbuilding community, who probly arent willing to shell the $$$.00 per 5gal, and your gonna pull the righteous indignation bit??
Ive given alot over the years, many golden pcs of info for those willing to listen. Ive given more than Ive taken, I worked hard to find the best of everything
I have every pc of the puzzle. I could literally set up shop and pump 100k lures out this year of the highest quality. And I should what, give this knowledge out so even more people can make money off my blood sweat and tears
No-ones gonna tell you their clear coat and here I'll hand it to you on a silver platter but spotted stripers want to know all the secrets.. How about tomorrows lotto #s too
my comment was not directed 100% at you Krispy. Infact the only part of what I said that was directed to you was that you probably wont share it publicly. The rest of my comment has to do with the way this forum has changed over the years. As far as my past actions here, sure i have sold stuff. There is nothing wrong with selling stuff,. but what i think is wrong is the way this forum is used as an infomercial for those who are selling stuff on and off of the radar.
Old 01-05-2008, 10:28 AM   #42
Krispy

Then I humbly apologize to Eben

Sooner or later you're going to realize just as I did that there's a difference between knowing the path and walking the path. - Morpheus
Krispy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2008, 01:50 PM   #43
Diggin Jiggin

Well I'm glad there's something better out there... Guess I gotta start buying finishes in 5 gallon buckets till I find the right one

If we're done going down that road, has anyone actually had any experience with the #^&#^&#^&#^&nite stuff in salt ??
Diggin Jiggin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2008, 02:09 PM   #44
Backbeach Jake

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diggin Jiggin View Post
Well I'm glad there's something better out there... Guess I gotta start buying finishes in 5 gallon buckets till I find the right one

If we're done going down that road, has anyone actually had any experience with the #^&#^&#^&#^&nite stuff in salt ??
Keep it shut Jake....

He that would make his own liberty secure, must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty, he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself.
Thomas Paine
Backbeach Jake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2008, 04:18 PM   #45
ProfessorM
Uncle Remus

If this gentleman is willing to give us something that he said he researched and spent $$ on I for one will be very greatful and hope he is willing to share it with us. I have neither the time or $$$ to do so and applaud him for doing so. If and when he does I will be in that long MF line.

"A beach is a place where a man can feel he's the only soul in the world that's real"
ProfessorM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2008, 04:23 PM   #46
tattoobob
Soggy Bottom Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by eastendlu View Post
If your not going to share it then why post that you have something in the first place.Ohh i get it its all done thru pm's now and only the elite are priviliged.
I've played this game before, it is called "cat and mouse"

Surfcasting Full Throttle

Don't judge me Monkey

Recreational Surfcaster 99.9% C&R
tattoobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2008, 04:44 PM   #47
Nebe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krispy View Post
Then I humbly apologize to Eben
No worries krispy.. Im sorry if my comments seemed solely directed at you..they weren't.
Old 01-05-2008, 05:03 PM   #48
spence

If you want all of Nebe's secrets just ply him with Surf 'n Tacos.

Works every time.

-spence
spence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2008, 05:27 PM   #49
Nebe

They have a new roasted pepper salsa that is to die for Spence
Old 01-08-2008, 12:49 PM   #50
ThrowingTimber
It's about respect baby!

Cool stuf Krispy if you work anything out I'd be interested. No urgency on my part or anything, whenever you know

surf n tacos huh hmmm

Domination takes full concentration..
ThrowingTimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 07:47 PM   #51
PASurfer

Quote:
I experimented with it for a while several years ago -- used it over a variety of paints (acrylics, laquers and enamels), and it played well with all except spray metallics... kinda melted them, especially chrome and silver. Liked it initially -- except you really need excellent ventilation, or you're going to get fumigated -- but found that #^&#^&#^&#^&'s stuff is not immune to bluefish teeth and jetty rocks. You can dip your lures, and it will become tack-free in a room above 85 degrees in about 2 hours, is fishable within 8 hours, and fully cured in about a week... at which point, if anything, it may become a little too brittle for a coating over a soft substriate (wood).

But it stinks to high heaven in a closed space, is relatively expensive, and won't stay liquid in the can very long once opened (3 weeks was the longest I got, and that was after being extremely careful; one can flashed overnight, when I left the lid loose between sets of lures).

On a scale of 1 - 10, I'd rate it 6/7 in the salt used over wood.
PASurfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 08:32 PM   #52
Diggin Jiggin

PA surfer thats good info. Thanks. Guess for now I'll stick with what I've got...
Diggin Jiggin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 07:58 AM   #53
Rockfish9

Quote:
PA surfer thats good info. Thanks. Guess for now I'll stick with what I've got...
Sometimes the devil you dont know is worse than the devil you know.....

Thank you Krispy for bringing something new to the table, knowledge is gained through experimentation....

It's been stated many times here, but IMHO, it bears repeating, it's all about the "system" it starts with the wood, proceeds to the sealer then progresses to the primer then to the paint, lastly the final finish... if one Item in the chain breaks down, the game is over....

I dont expect my plugs to live forever, if they did, they would either suck and catch no fish, or if they were indistructable, I'd have to spend the winter nights watching Law and Order with the boss lady...
Rockfish9 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 10:42 AM   #54
ProfessorM
Uncle Remus

Quote:
Thanks for the answer. I am pretty happy with what I use now but am always interested in some thing that might be a little easier. The toxic stink part is enough to change my mind. I will take a little less wear with a little less stink.

"A beach is a place where a man can feel he's the only soul in the world that's real"
Old 01-09-2008, 05:30 PM   #55
numbskull
Oblivious // Grunt, Grunt Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessorM View Post
I will take a little less wear with a little less stink.
Yeah, my wife says the same thing about me.
numbskull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 11:29 AM   #56
ProfessorM
Uncle Remus

LOL