Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » The Scuppers

The Scuppers This is a new forum for the not necessarily fishing related topics...

Old 09-06-2011, 03:10 PM   #1
Rockport24
President - S-B Chapter - Kelly Clarkson Fan Club

another shooting spree in the news...

This country is just getting crazier. If this doesn't make you want to have LTC I don't know what does.
Really, you guys that have them, do you think of carrying all the time when you read chit like this?
You gotta think if more reponsible, trained people carried we would have less incidents like this. Not trying to politize anything, just throwing thoughts out there...
Rockport24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 03:30 PM   #2
FishermanTim

Part of the problem, and probably the major part, is the fact that there really isn't anything to deter these social waste products from doing these kinds of things.
Sure, we have laws, but laws without a spine! When you have police forces cut to the bare minimum, lawyers and judges that are willing to plea at the drop of a hat, and drop charges in lieu of a pending golf game, what do you expect?
Then you have "entertainment" that glamorizes acts of violence on a consistent basis, video games that ALL involve guns and killing in some form, and kids' minds that are being constantly shocked or bombarded with negative stimuli. I sure hope that you aren't expecting another Einstein from that environment. You'd be better off just hoping he/she doesn't become another sociopathic mass-murderer!

I know this sounds harsh, but what the heck.
No more coddling these idiots in the legal system, no more even "thinking" about whether or not they should be tried as an adult.
If you pick up a gun, you are intending to use it! You ARE AN ADULT and the police should not show ANY restraint if you resist in any way!
Maybe if the old addage "Shoot first, ask questions later!" were used by law enforcement, maybe things might change?

Who am I kidding? If you pull a gun on anyone in the commission of a crime, I say shoot on sight!
Defense of life/domicile would be the only real exception.
FishermanTim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 03:40 PM   #3
fishbones

These people who go on shooting sprees don't worry about the potential punishment. They already know they're going to end up dead in most cases. I also think most of them have some type of mental illness combined with nothing to live for or nothing left to lose.

Conservatism is not about leaving people behind. Conservatism is about empowering people to catch up, to give them tools at their disposal that make it possible for them to access all the hope, all the promise, all the opportunity that America offers. - Marco Rubio
fishbones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 04:36 PM   #4
Raven

jack ass mentality via
or twisted thru repetitive role playing 1rst person shooter glory

there's been multiple attempts at repeating columbine
and then F-ing Hollywood wants to remake
"say hello to my little friend"
entertainment..... it's no wonder
they are programmed
Raven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 06:30 PM   #5
5/0
Eels

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishbones View Post
These people who go on shooting sprees don't worry about the potential punishment. They already know they're going to end up dead in most cases. .
I agree but this jack wagon couldn't even shoot himself right

On a side note what about the jackbag in Lawrence shoots his girlfriend and her two teenage kids......WTF
Not that I really care about the news but when I come home from work and get supper ready for the kids I can't even watch it cause the kids hear it and see these losers.
Yeah it is kind of a everyday teaching lesson for my kids because I have to try and explain that there are sickos out there.SheeeseF in people !

Live bait sharp hooks and timing is all you need
5/0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 09:03 AM   #6
fishbones

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5/0 View Post
I agree but this jack wagon couldn't even shoot himself right

On a side note what about the jackbag in Lawrence shoots his girlfriend and her two teenage kids......WTF
Not that I really care about the news but when I come home from work and get supper ready for the kids I can't even watch it cause the kids hear it and see these losers.
Yeah it is kind of a everyday teaching lesson for my kids because I have to try and explain that there are sickos out there.SheeeseF in people !
I won't put the news on when my son's still awake. Way too much for a 6 year old to take in. I sometimes watch the late news but most of the time I get my news on the web or in the paper. Unfortunately, kids are going to see sick stuff regardless and probably become de-sensitized to it by the time they're teens anyways.

Conservatism is not about leaving people behind. Conservatism is about empowering people to catch up, to give them tools at their disposal that make it possible for them to access all the hope, all the promise, all the opportunity that America offers. - Marco Rubio
fishbones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 08:18 PM   #7
Raider Ronnie

Send a message via AIM to Raider Ronnie
Quote:
Originally Posted by fishbones View Post
I won't put the news on when my son's still awake. Way too much for a 6 year old to take in. I sometimes watch the late news but most of the time I get my news on the web or in the paper. Unfortunately, kids are going to see sick stuff regardless and probably become de-sensitized to it by the time they're teens anyways.

All the talk this week has been the season start of Sons of Anarchy.
I never watched 1 episode till last night. Figured I would find out what it's all about (I had no idea what the show was about)
This is what todays society considers good tv ???
This country is #^&#^&#^&#^&ed !

LETS GO BRANDON
Raider Ronnie is offline   Reply With Quote