Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » The Scuppers

The Scuppers This is a new forum for the not necessarily fishing related topics...

Old 12-30-2015, 10:00 AM   #1
justplugit
Registered Grandpa

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by seadogg View Post
The idea that weed leads to heroin addiction is absurd. I haven't used it in years on account of my Captain's license, but when I did I never felt compelled to take it further than that. It's no different than a guy cracking some beers after a long day of work, except without the debilitating effects of alcohol. I think some people walk a path of bad decisions that starts out with weed or booze, ever searching for more a more "effective" means of disconnecting with reality. It's a disease, I suppose. I agree with the painkiller addiction theory as well, in that people receive them for an injury of sorts, become addicted, can't afford them, and then resort to cheaper means to satiate the gnawing addiction. A terrible thing for sure.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Far from being absurd. There are those with addictive personalities that once
started, wether it be food , alcohol or drugs have to start somewhere including the reasons I mentioned above.

Then there are those that are not happy and use to escape their problems
and continue to escape by using. It's more complicated then cut and dry.
Of course those who use want to deny it started with chochlate, beer or pot, but denial is part of the addictive personality.

I'm not saying the majority who have smoked pot go further, but there are those that do for many different reasons if they indulge. You have to start somewhere.

" Choose Life "
justplugit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2015, 10:05 AM   #2
Nebe

Quote:
Originally Posted by justplugit View Post
Far from being absurd. There are those with addictive personalities that once
started, wether it be food , alcohol or drugs have to start somewhere including the reasons I mentioned above.

Then there are those that are not happy and use to escape their problems
and continue to escape by using. It's more complicated then cut and dry.
Of course those who use want to deny it started with chochlate, beer or pot, but denial is part of the addictive personality.

I'm not saying the majority who have smoked pot go further, but there are those that do for many different reasons if they indulge. You have to start somewhere.
Your argument is valid, just as blaming guns is a valid point for gun control.
It's the person who makes the decision to do what he or she does who is to blame.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Nebe is offline   Reply With Quote