Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 10-25-2010, 05:18 PM   #1
RIROCKHOUND
Also known as OAK

Caprio "Shove it POTUS"

Was in the truck this AM and heard this live.
Death for his campaign?

Either way, crude, but won't hurt him. the droves began calling in and saying it just shows how he'll stand up the feds. Until he falls lock step in with the dems of course.

Caprio's reaction to snub? President can 'shove it'

10:04 AM EDT on Monday, October 25, 2010

By Jack Perry
Journal Staff writer

PROVIDENCE, R.I. -- Rhode Island gubernatorial candidate Frank Caprio, in a radio interview Monday morning, reacted angrily to President Obama's decision not to endorse him during a visit to the Ocean State Monday.

"He can take his endorsement and really shove it as far as I'm concerned," Caprio told talk-show host John DePetro during an interview on WPRO-AM.

Related links

Obama won't endorse Caprio during R.I. visit

WPRO

In Monday morning's Providence Journal, John Mulligan of The Journal's Washington bureau reported that Mr. Obama would not endorse Democrat Caprio during a visit to Rhode Island Monday.

Mulligan quoted independent candidate Lincoln Chafee's spokesman saying Obama's decision "is a victory for Linc Chafee," who is one of Caprio's opponents in the race for governor.

Former Republican Senator Chafee endorsed Mr. Obama for president in 2008.

Caprio went on to criticize Mr. Obama for not visiting Rhode Island during this spring's record floods.

Caprio said Rhode Islanders "are hurting," that the state has one of the highest unemployment rates in the country and "now he's coming into Rhode Island treating us like an ATM machine."

Mr. Obama will visit a Woonsocket factory and raise money for Democratic candidates during his visit.

Bryan

Originally Posted by #^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&
"For once I agree with Spence. UGH. I just hope I don't get the urge to go start buying armani suits to wear in my shop"
Old 10-25-2010, 05:20 PM   #2
Nebe

I cant think of a more ignorant comment.

I wouldnt vote for him.
Old 10-25-2010, 05:39 PM   #3
JohnR
Certifiable Intertidal Anguiologist

Running out of steam? Campaign bullwank.

I am NOT voting for Chafee. Guy is a tool. Less likely I'm voting for Caprio.

~Fix the Bait~ ~Pogies Forever~

Striped Bass Fishing - All Stripers

Kobayashi Maru Election - there is no way to win.

Apocalypse is Coming:
Old 10-25-2010, 05:42 PM   #4
RIROCKHOUND
Also known as OAK

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnR View Post
Running out of steam? Campaign bullwank.

I am NOT voting for Chafee. Guy is a tool. Less likely I'm voting for Caprio.
As opposed to Frank or empty suit Robatille aka Carcieri-lite?
Or 5% Block....

Bryan

"For once I agree with Spence. UGH. I just hope I don't get the urge to go start buying armani suits to wear in my shop"
Old 10-25-2010, 06:44 PM   #5
basswipe

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIROCKHOUND View Post
As opposed to Frank or empty suit Robatille aka Carcieri-lite?
Or 5% Block....
Are you saying you'd vote for Linc Chafee?This a-hole is actually running on a platform to add the sales tax to so far exempt items with the most notable being groceries.He also wants to increase the tax on gas!I guess you have money and can afford Chafee?I'm just a working class stiff who CAN'T afford him.

As far as Robataille or as you put aka Carcieri-lite,he's really the only viable candidate for gov.Before you rack Carcieri's record don't forget his entire stay as gov was with a veto proof Democratic assembly,Carcieri couldn't pass gas without the assembly's approval.

This is a classic lesson of think before you speak.So please think before you speak!And if you've really thought hard and you're still going to vote Chafee all I can say is:If god exists he needs to save us from people like you.

Everything I've thus said is on the premise that you're a Chafee man.If you are not then my apologies.

Last edited by basswipe; 10-25-2010 at 06:49 PM..
Old 10-25-2010, 07:00 PM   #6
stcroixman

Robitaille has no experience governing. I know he was Carcieri's chauffer or something. Caprio reminded me of Raymond L.S. Patrarca with his sneer (minus the cig dangling) while he told Obama to shove it.

Chafee wants a 1% tax on food and clothing to balance the Budget.
Economically its a small fee.He also is STRONG on conservation,

BTW what have the other 2 candidates brought to the table considering their "experience"?
Old 10-25-2010, 07:10 PM   #7
basswipe

Quote:
Originally Posted by stcroixman View Post
Robitaille has no experience governing. I know he was Carcieri's chauffer or something. Caprio reminded me of Raymond L.S. Patrarca with his sneer (minus the cig dangling) while he told Obama to shove it.

Chafee wants a 1% tax on food and clothing to balance the Budget.

BTW what have the other 2 candidates brought to the table considering their "experience"?
Excellent try but no.Increasing taxes is a no go with workers like me.I'm amazed that in this day and age anyone will accept a tax increase,we pay enough already.When is enough "enough"?

Also lets not forget the increase in the gas tax he wants.Lets not forget his acceptance of contributions from most of the unions who drive the cost of anything up,hell I live in Tiverton I just dealt with what the teachers' union did to our property taxes.Linc accepted their money too.

Conservationist my ass...he excepts the money now as he has in the past and delivers nothing.

Chafee is a horror show for this state.

Last edited by basswipe; 10-25-2010 at 07:15 PM..
Old 10-25-2010, 07:28 PM   #8
spence

Not happy with any of the options presented.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 10-25-2010, 10:11 PM   #9
JohnR

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
Not happy with any of the options presented.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

Nor am I. THough Ken Block is probably the best of all of them by far - he has zero shot.

Rock - if it wasn't for Carcieri being somewhat a thorn in RI Guvmint, we'd really be screwed.

Apocalypse is Coming:
Old 10-26-2010, 06:02 AM   #10
stcroixman

BAsswipe

Again you bash Chafee, but what experience and programs do the other 2 offer? Hope and Change? I've had enough of that.

I am not a Chafee lover but he seems the best of the bunch to me and that is all that I care about when I am in the booth.
Old 10-26-2010, 07:03 AM   #11
JohnR

STC - Chafee is the most "Hope and Change" guy of the lot. He can't get through an unrehearsed statement without stumbling (worse than me ). In the past I have voted for him, that ship though, has sailed.

Apocalypse is Coming:
Old 10-26-2010, 07:09 AM   #12
afterhours
Afterhours Custom Plugs

[QUOTE=JohnR;805428]Nor am I. THough Ken Block is probably the best of all of them by far - he has zero shot.

yup on block....caprio is just another part of his fathers machine. linc is a flake, he'd make a nice neighbor but gov- nope.

www.afterhoursplugs.com

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Afterh...428173?created

Instagram - afterhourscustom

Official S-B.com Sponsor

GAMEFISH NOW

"A GAMEFISH (WHICH STRIPED BASS SHOULD BE) IS TOO VALUABLE TO BE CAUGHT ONLY ONCE"...LEE WULFF
Old 10-26-2010, 07:10 AM   #13
RIROCKHOUND
Also known as OAK

God save us from people like me, huh?

OK.
So here is how I view it in 3min b/c thats what I have this morning to spend on this.

1. Caprio will raise taxes. Period. He can say whatever he wants about Chaffee's taxes, but he will raise taxes. I also don't trust him further than I can throw him. He epitomizes slimy Rhode Island politics

2. Robataille will likely continue the Carcieri trend of cutting money to the towns. Guess what, local property taxes go up. We will continue grid lock of getting nothing done good or (bad in this state).

3. Chaffee wants a 1% sales tax. I view this is the 'most' (in quotes) optional of the taxes. he seems to have a reasonable plan to try and get some jobs back in RI and working towards a balanced budget. I also think he has some integrity, which Caprio clearly does not. I want to see what someone who has a track record of voting for what they think is right instead of partly line. Is he a bit hokey and 'aww shucks' in front of a camera? yes. I could give a %$%$%$%$ about that. If I wanted a polished, slick candidate, it would be Caprio. as long as he can get the job done, thats fine w/ me.

Lets put this for-instance on it. My average grocery bill for me, the wife and kid is say ~$125/week. the 1% increase on the exempt item will add ~$1/week. Will we starve? No, we will buy a store brand vs. the brand name, or buy more items on sale. I'll make coffee at home instead of going out every morning. Gas, I'll drive less. When gas was 4.00/gal, I certainly thought about when to just go driving around, running errands etc. Would 1% on the monthly gas bill break us, again, no, but it might make me rethink a few ways to save a buck.

Did the 1% food tax make you stop eating out? It didn't stop me, but we eat out less than 1x per week. Does it suck seeing taxes always going up? yes, but it is short sighted to think that the other two candidates won't directly or indirectly increase taxes. How much did your property taxes go up last year? I know how much mine went up, and my town is not in the worst shape in the state. I bet the 1% sales tax is a lot less than the average increase in property taxes, especially b/c it is a pretty small amount.

"God save us from people like me"
Right, b/c you think what, I'm some silver spoon who votes one party blindly? That we don't scrimp and save? That I don't think about my vote long and hard or that I am not working class? nice try to to categorize me with a personal attack. Welcome to my ignore list. say hi to ScottW.

Last edited by RIROCKHOUND; 10-27-2010 at 06:17 AM..

Bryan

Old 10-26-2010, 08:21 AM   #14
Fishpart
Keep The Change

[QUOTE=stcroixman;805380]Chafee wants a 1% tax on food and clothing to balance the Budget.
QUOTE]

Please remember the reason the budget isn't balanced certainly isn't because we don't pay enough taxes......

“It’s not up to the courts to invent new minorities that get special protections,” Antonin Scalia
Old 10-26-2010, 08:29 AM   #15
scottw

Quote:
OK.

Welcome to my ignore list. say hi to ScottW.
childish...he's probably referring to your record of being duped by Al Gore and Global Warming....Barak Obama and Hope & Change and now Linc Chafee "TRUST" the human cantaloupe....you aren't building a very good case for yourself...
Old 10-26-2010, 09:20 AM   #16
RIJIMMY
sick of bluefish

A WAshington Dem insider said it was DUMB move by Obama. He is asking dems across the counrty to follow him, but not supporting his own party. All becuase he owes Chafee.

making s-b.com a kinder, gentler place for all
Old 10-26-2010, 09:23 AM   #17
JohnR

The problem isn't that we don't raise enough revenue, the problem is we spend too much.

Apocalypse is Coming:
Old 10-26-2010, 09:39 AM   #18
RIJIMMY
sick of bluefish

Quote:
The problem isn't that we don't raise enough revenue, the problem is we spend too much.
Thats the problem at the federal level too, but you never, ever hear a Dem address it!

- RIR, love the impassioned response! You go girl!

making s-b.com a kinder, gentler place for all
Old 10-26-2010, 10:09 AM   #19
fishbones

You RI'ers are really screwed. MA isn't much better, but at least we have a better selection of candidates to choose from.

Conservatism is not about leaving people behind. Conservatism is about empowering people to catch up, to give them tools at their disposal that make it possible for them to access all the hope, all the promise, all the opportunity that America offers. - Marco Rubio
Old 10-26-2010, 07:53 PM   #20
stcroixman

Quote:
OK.
So here is how I view it in 3min b/c thats what I have this morning to spend on this.

1. Caprio will raise taxes. Period. He can say whatever he wants about Chaffee's taxes, but he will raise taxes. I also don't trust him further than I can throw him. He epitomizes slimy Rhode Island politics

2. Robataille will likely continue the Carcieri trend of cutting money to the towns. Guess what, local property taxes go up. We will continue grid lock of getting nothing done good or (bad in this state).

3. Chaffee wants a 1% sales tax. I view this is the 'most' (in quotes) optional of the taxes. he seems to have a reasonable plan to try and get some jobs back in RI and working towards a balanced budget. I also think he has some integrity, which Caprio clearly does not. I want to see what someone who has a track record of voting for what they think is right instead of partly line. Is he a bit hokey and 'aww shucks' in front of a camera? yes. I could give a %$%$%$%$ about that. If I wanted a polished, slick candidate, it would be Caprio. as long as he can get the job done, thats fine w/ me.

Lets put this for-instance on it. My average grocery bill for me, the wife and kid is say ~$125/week. the 1% increase on the exempt item will add ~$1/week. Will we starve? No, we will buy a store brand vs. the brand name, or buy more items on sale. I'll make coffee at home instead of going out every morning. Gas, I'll drive less. When gas was 4.00/gal, I certainly thought about when to just go driving around, running errands etc. Would 1% on the monthly gas bill break us, again, no, but it might make me rethink a few ways to save a buck.

Did the 1% food tax make you stop eating out? It didn't stop me, but we eat out less than 1x per week. Does it suck seeing taxes always going up? yes, but it is short sighted to think that the other two candidates won't directly or indirectly increase taxes. How much did your property taxes go up last year? I know how much mine went up, and my town is not in the worst shape in the state. I bet the 1% sales tax is a lot less than the average increase in property taxes, especially b/c it is a pretty small amount.

Right, b/c you think what, I'm some silver spoon who votes one party blindly? That we don't scrimp and save? That I don't think about my vote long and hard or that I am not working class? nice try to to categorize me with a personal attack. Welcome to my ignore list. say hi to ScottW.
Hey buddy

last time I checked anyone can express their opinion without you passing judgement so stick your ignore button. I vote for who I want when I want. I also have a family and a job and pay a ton of property taxes.

Sorry if I didn't offer you some cheese with your whine.
Old 10-27-2010, 06:17 AM   #21
RIROCKHOUND
Also known as OAK

Quote:
Hey buddy

last time I checked anyone can express their opinion without you passing judgement so stick your ignore button. I vote for who I want when I want. I also have a family and a job and pay a ton of property taxes.

Sorry/
Not you! We were agreeing on Chaffee.... I quoted the wrong post.
post edited....

Bryan

Old 10-27-2010, 06:48 AM   #22
scottw

Quote:
Hey buddy

stcroixman "Shove it RIROCKHOUND"
Old 10-27-2010, 09:07 AM   #23
Duke41
got gas?

Guys move to Mass our politicians lie and cheat and steal just like the Rhody crew, however there is a bigger tax base to support these pricks. Mass is also doing a lot better than RI right now.
Old 10-27-2010, 09:09 AM   #24
fishbones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke41 View Post
Guys move to Mass our politicians lie and cheat and steal just like the Rhody crew, however there is a bigger tax base to support these pricks. Mass is also doing a lot better than RI right now.
Yeah, but all the fish are in RI.

Conservatism is not about leaving people behind. Conservatism is about empowering people to catch up, to give them tools at their disposal that make it possible for them to access all the hope, all the promise, all the opportunity that America offers. - Marco Rubio
Old 10-27-2010, 10:19 AM   #25
Swimmer
Retired Surfer

Quote:

BINGO table 16 seat 7 BINGO %$%$%$%$ing Bingo

Besides Caprio endorsd Hillary for President, not Barry

Swimmer a.k.a. YO YO MA
Serial Mailbox Killer/Seal Fisherman