Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 08-09-2020, 09:07 PM   #331
PaulS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
how many are trumps fault?
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Tough to put a number on his incompetence, laziness and lies
Old 08-09-2020, 09:19 PM   #332
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
Tough to put a number on any typical politicians incompetence, laziness and lies. So why is that supposed to be the issue as opposed to difference between Republican and Progressive agendas. If you prefer Progressivism, I suspect you prefer unlimited government power.
Old 08-09-2020, 09:41 PM   #333
Pete F.
Canceled

You believe in Trump and Trumpism. We believe in decency, democracy, the rule of law, national unity, competence, science, medicine, expert advice, vital American institutions and the Constitution. Oh and you believe in Ghislane Maxwell. Forgot.
Old 08-09-2020, 10:44 PM   #334
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
You believe in Trump and Trumpism. We believe in decency, democracy, the rule of law, national unity, competence, science, medicine, expert advice, vital American institutions and the Constitution. Oh and you believe in Ghislane Maxwell. Forgot.
You believe in bull$hit.
Old 08-10-2020, 05:00 AM   #335
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by detbuch View Post
You believe in bull$hit.
Only plan that’s always on Trump’s mind is ‘how can I get mine?’
There’s no healthcare plan.
There’s no economic recovery plan.
There’s no nat’l pandemic mitigation plan.
There’s no safe back to school plan.
There’s no nat’l security plan.
There’s no racial injustice plan.

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 08-10-2020, 06:22 AM   #336
PaulS

Quote:
good summary but you forgot empathy and compassion.
Old 08-10-2020, 06:29 AM   #337
Jim in CT

Quote:
are any the fault of pelosi and diblasio, who told their constituents in late february that it was safe to go out to crowded public places? just curious.
Old 08-10-2020, 06:30 AM   #338
Jim in CT

Quote:
democrats believe in democracy. the side that started trying to undo a fair election on day one, and never stopped, that’s the side that believes in democracy.

the side that encourages violent anarchists, they believe in democracy.
Old 08-10-2020, 07:11 AM   #339
PaulS

Quote:
are any the fault of pelosi and diblasio, who told their constituents in late february that it was safe to go out to crowded public places? just curious.
The difference is that in the beginning the virus was an unknown. So if you want to say it caused some deaths feel free. But that # is nothing compared to the incompetence shown by Trump. He could have prevented many deaths by just wearing a mask (something he very rarely does even today) and by getting out of the way of the experts and stopped contradicting them and giving ammo to the people who opened up too early.
Old 08-10-2020, 07:32 AM   #340
RIROCKHOUND
Also known as OAK

Quote:
good summary but you forgot empathy and compassion.
Can't bother with that... He is too busy working on healthcare...

President Donald Trump said he plans to approve a healthcare plan "within two weeks," in an interview that aired July 19 on "Fox News Sunday."

He must have meant two months, right? He's only had 3.5 years....

Bryan

Originally Posted by #^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&
"For once I agree with Spence. UGH. I just hope I don't get the urge to go start buying armani suits to wear in my shop"
Old 08-10-2020, 07:42 AM   #341
detbuch

Quote:
Only plan that’s always on Trump’s mind is ‘how can I get mine?’
There’s no healthcare plan.
There’s no economic recovery plan.
There’s no nat’l pandemic mitigation plan.
There’s no safe back to school plan.
There’s no nat’l security plan.
There’s no racial injustice plan.
As I said, you believe in bull$hit. If you believe in the Constitution, as you say you do, then you don't believe in the Constitution as written, but in the fictitious one that Progressives claim has evolved through some miraculous living and breathing. Of course, that kind of evolution is nonsense. This fictitious Constitution evolved through Progressive manipulation, not by some time driven life force.

Your desire for these listed national plans is evidence that you want the all-powerful Progressive central government that the Constitution is supposed to protect us against.

Do you believe states are necessary? Would you consider it better if they were relegated merely to being geographically described areas rather than sovereign states with their own constitutions.

Whether you describe your personal political principles as Progressive or not, you constantly express your political desires the way a Progressive would. And if you are a Progressive, you believe in the Constitution as Ruth Bader Ginsburg does. She has said that she would not recommend it as a governing principle for any country looking to create a blue print for national governance. She has said that she would prefer more recent ones with lengthy more detailed positive things government must do.

Last edited by detbuch; 08-10-2020 at 09:03 PM..
Old 08-10-2020, 08:07 AM   #342
wdmso

Quote:
As I said, you believe in bull$hit. If you believe in the Constitution, as you say you do, then you don't believe in the Constitution as written, but in the fictitious one that Progressives claim has evolved through some miraculous living and breathing. Of course, that kind of evolution is nonsense. This fictitious Constitution evolved through Progressive manipulation, not by some time driven life force.

Your desire for these listed national plans is evidence that you want the all-powerful Progressive central government that the Constitution is supposed to protect us against.

Do you believe states are necessary? Would you consider it better if they were relegated merely to being geographically described areas rather than sovereign states with their own constitutions.

Whether you describe your personal political principles as Progressive or not, you constantly express your political desires the way a Progressive would. And if you are a Progressive, you believe in the Constitution as Ruth Bader Ginsburg does. She would not recommend it as a governing principle for any country looking to create a blue print for national governance. She would prefer more recent ones with lengthy more detailed positive things government must do.

As written. Anything thing else... you dont know what your talking about... question are Trumps actions supported by your originalist view. Of as written ?
Old 08-10-2020, 08:12 AM   #343
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:

Whether you describe your personal political principles as Progressive or not, you constantly express your political desires the way a Progressive would. And if you are a Progressive, you believe in the Constitution as Ruth Bader Ginsburg does. She would not recommend it as a governing principle for any country looking to create a blue print for national governance. She would prefer more recent ones with lengthy more detailed positive things government must do.
Forget about the legislative branch, people "want leaders who get things done," reads better in the original Italian or German or Russian. If the liberal tradition of representative government and the rule of law stands for anything, it stands against this.

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Lets Go Darwin
Old 08-10-2020, 08:25 AM   #344
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
As written. Anything thing else... you dont know what your talking about... question are Trumps actions supported by your originalist view. Of as written ?
I know what I am talking about. You don't know what I am talking about. We still have enough of "as written" to stop unconstitutional actions by Trump. If we get a thoroughly Progressive Supreme Court, along with its legislative and executive Progressive partners, there will be nothing left to stop "as written" unconstitutional actions.
Old 08-10-2020, 08:29 AM   #345
wdmso

Quote:
You love looking backwards don't yet you praise Trump for his Travel ban band paraise him ... yet yesterday telling Americans its safe to send your kids to school or its disappearing is not problematic and sturges motorcycle rally is What American 1st freedom .. more like me 1st the True Republican way of thinking
Old 08-10-2020, 08:30 AM   #346
Jim in CT

Quote:
The difference is that in the beginning the virus was an unknown. So if you want to say it caused some deaths feel free. But that # is nothing compared to the incompetence shown by Trump. He could have prevented many deaths by just wearing a mask (something he very rarely does even today) and by getting out of the way of the experts and stopped contradicting them and giving ammo to the people who opened up too early.
anything to put 0% blame
on democrats, 100% blame on republicans. anything.

it’s still almost totally an unknown. how did some places do so well without shutting their lives down? no one knows. there’s almost no consensus on anything. zip.

so much is driven by TDS...
Old 08-10-2020, 08:31 AM   #347
Jim in CT

Quote:
You love looking backwards don't yet you praise Trump for his Travel ban band paraise him ... yet yesterday telling Americans its safe to send your kids to school or its disappearing is not problematic and sturges motorcycle rally is What American 1st freedom .. more like me 1st the True Republican way of thinking
you don’t look backwards to judge what trump has done?

as to his early travel ban, what i like to point out is the liberal
hypocrisy. they all
said he was going too far, that the virus wasn’t that serious. now the same exact people are saying he didn’t do enough in january. that’s not hypocrisy?

did trump say it’s safe to send children to school? or that kids have a need to be in school? can
you post his quote?

i have three kids, and i have no idea what’s in their best interests. no clue. because there’s zero consensus.
Old 08-10-2020, 08:39 AM   #348
detbuch

Quote:
Forget about the legislative branch, people "want leaders who get things done," reads better in the original Italian or German or Russian. If the liberal tradition of representative government and the rule of law stands for anything, it stands against this.
So you don't want leaders who get things done, but you blame Trump for not getting things done. Seems to be a contradiction there.
Old 08-10-2020, 08:56 AM   #349
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
So you don't want leaders who get things done, but you blame Trump for not getting things done. Seems to be a contradiction there.
Nearly 10,000 Americans have died in the last 9 days

Coronavirus Deaths in the U.S.

August 1, 2020: 153,314

August 10, 2020: 162,938

Tweety has been golfing

Lets Go Darwin
Old 08-10-2020, 09:00 AM   #350
detbuch

Quote:
Nearly 10,000 Americans have died in the last 9 days

Coronavirus Deaths in the U.S.

August 1, 2020: 153,314

August 10, 2020: 162,938

Tweety has been golfing
Among other things, he has been golfing. He shouldn't play golf? Do you want him to be the autocrat you seem to be saying you don't want, but merely that he is responsible for everything. Didn't find that responsibility in the Constitution as written, but could very well be interpreted as so by a Progressive Judge.
Old 08-10-2020, 09:21 AM   #351
PaulS

Quote:
anything to put 0% blame
on democrats, 100% blame on republicans. anything.

it’s still almost totally an unknown. how did some places do so well without shutting their lives down? no one knows. there’s almost no consensus on anything. zip.

so much is driven by TDS...
Right - TDS is the failure to criticize Trump for things the Repubs. criticized Obama for constantly (edit - similar to the above post re golf) and for things they used to say where core principles of their beliefs.
Old 08-10-2020, 09:31 AM   #352
Pete F.
Canceled

As Tweety tweeted
President Obama has a major meeting on the N.Y.C. Ebola outbreak, with people flying in from all over the country, but decided to play golf!
By the way Tweety has played more golf than Obama did in two terms
Old 08-10-2020, 09:49 AM   #353
Jim in CT

Quote:
As Tweety tweeted
President Obama has a major meeting on the N.Y.C. Ebola outbreak, with people flying in from all over the country, but decided to play golf!
By the way Tweety has played more golf than Obama did in two terms
so again, what’s the maximum allowable number of rounds
of golf? once again, i bet it’s more than obama but less than trump. right?

no sane person should care if the president plays golf except during the middle of an actual emergency like an invasion. it was stupid to criticize obama for it, stupid to
criticize trump for it.
Old 08-10-2020, 09:54 AM   #354
wdmso

Quote:
I know what I am talking about. You don't know what I am talking about.

I have no illusions who thinks their the smartest guy here ..
Old 08-10-2020, 09:59 AM   #355
PaulS

Quote:

no sane person should care if the president plays golf except during the middle of an actual emergency like an invasion. it was stupid to criticize obama for it, stupid to
criticize trump for it.
Well since you and many other Repubs. constantly complained about Obama playing golf (and many other petty things) isn't it the height of hypocrisy not to criticize Trump since he is playing golf at a far higher rate than Obama (and never mind it is during a virus that has killed over 160K with no end in sight)?
Old 08-10-2020, 10:08 AM   #356
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in

i have three kids, and i have no idea what’s in their best interests. no clue. because there’s zero consensus.
[size=1
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device[/size]

Yes mixed messages starting at the top. And his need to do what makes him look good hidden in his it's just going to go away.....Go with what your eyes see and common sense dictates

I do not envy any family facing this decision or the logistical nightmare around it yes other countries have opened school but with like almost no new cases some with out issue some with issues

More than 97,000 children tested positive for Covid-19 in the last two weeks of July, report says.

While they may not be being hospitalized that was never the major concern in was spread into homes and staff .. so the fire never goes out it's just on endless loop
Old 08-10-2020, 10:09 AM   #357
Jim in CT

Quote:
Well since you and many other Repubs. constantly complained about Obama playing golf (and many other petty things) isn't it the height of hypocrisy not to criticize Trump since he is playing golf at a far higher rate than Obama (and never mind it is during a virus that has killed over 160K with no end in sight)?
i think ( could be wrong) that the only time i said anything about obama and golfing, was when he did it the day an american was slaughtered by a terrorist. even then, it’s not the end of the world, doesn’t mean obama didn’t care, but the optics are bad. other than that, play all day every day, as long as you get the job done.

paul, the hypocrisy goes both ways. the dems didn’t are about obama’s golf, but care about trumps golf. that kind of idiotic hypocrisy exists on both sides.

so why not ignore that nonsense, and talk about policies and results? trump has plenty of policy failures to satisfy your desire to bash him, there’s no need to criticize him for things you would
never criticize obama over, and same goes for
me.
Old 08-10-2020, 10:22 AM   #358
wdmso

Quote:

criticize trump for it.
This is the bigger issue

Secret Service has paid rates as high as $650 a night for rooms at Trump’s properties

Trump has spent a 3rd of his time in office at his properties on avg that 120 some odd days a year

Trump-branded properties charged federal government at least $1.2 million, records show

So are you ok with Trump making money off the taxpayer. Even him refusing his paycheck of 400k cant excuse his behavior
Old 08-10-2020, 10:27 AM   #359
Jim in CT

Quote:
This is the bigger issue

Secret Service has paid rates as high as $650 a night for rooms at Trump’s properties

Trump has spent a 3rd of his time in office at his properties on avg that 120 some odd days a year

Trump-branded properties charged federal government at least $1.2 million, records show

So are you ok with Trump making money off the taxpayer. Even him refusing his paycheck of 400k cant excuse his behavior
no, i’m not ok with trump, or any elected official, using their office to steer money to themselves, friends, or families. i don’t like trump doing this. nor do i like biden’s son getting a lucrative job he’s obviously unqualified for, because of who his daddy is.

that’s the difference between us. you can only call out this behavior on the opposing side, you’re incapable of calling it out on your own side. I have no problem doing that . none.
Old 08-10-2020, 11:02 AM   #360
Pete F.
Canceled

The "Law and Order" president breaks another law in a desperate attempt to ameliorate the disorder he caused. Look around -- when was the last time we were surrounded by this much lawlessness and chaos?

Lets Go Darwin