Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

     

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container
 

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating Ľ Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk Ľ Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-25-2020, 08:37 PM   #571
Jim in CT
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 14,753
Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
Trump called in from the White House to an informal meeting of Pennsylvania lawmakers, repeating baseless claims about the election being "rigged."

"This election has to be turned around," Trump said, though the election results have already been certified in a number of key states, including Pennsylvania, and the formal transition process to the incoming Biden



Yea Jim just like 2016.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
You're making fun of my recollection of history?

Have democrats not been saying since November 2016, that Russia played a role in Trumps win? What's the evidence of that, exactly?

And did democrats not spend years trying to undo that election? Various witch hunts? Tax returns, russian collusion, quid pro quo? Endless claims that he was an illegitimate president? Democrats and media talking heads didn't call him illegitimate for the whole term?

Instead of simply saying my recollection of history is wrong, why not go a bit further and show us? What did I say, which didn't happen?
Jim in CT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2020, 09:27 PM   #572
wdmso
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Somerset MA
Posts: 5,505
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
You're making fun of my recollection of history?

Have democrats not been saying since November 2016, that Russia played a role in Trumps win? What's the evidence of that, exactly?

And did democrats not spend years trying to undo that election? Various witch hunts? Tax returns, russian collusion, quid pro quo? Endless claims that he was an illegitimate president? Democrats and media talking heads didn't call him illegitimate for the whole term?

Instead of simply saying my recollection of history is wrong, why not go a bit further and show us? What did I say, which didn't happen?
Jim buy a dictionary and look up fraud then influenced

Your getting more desperate in every post
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
wdmso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2020, 09:55 PM   #573
Pete F.
Canceled
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: vt
Posts: 9,275
Well, when ďwinning the internet and owning the libsĒ is dependent on belief and support of a corrupt demagogue, youíre in a tough spot.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Pete F. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2020, 06:22 PM   #574
wdmso
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Somerset MA
Posts: 5,505
More than 91,500 people were hospitalized with the virus on Saturday, with 18,000 in intensive care units. That's according to data compiled by the COVID Tracking Project, which collects and analyzes data from across the United States. Over 6,000 patients were on ventilators.

And Trumps Golfing And claiming election fraud ,, Saw he has golfed a 5th of his time in office

But his base was outraged when the black guy golfed
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
wdmso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2020, 07:01 PM   #575
Jim in CT
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 14,753
Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
More than 91,500 people were hospitalized with the virus on Saturday, with 18,000 in intensive care units. That's according to data compiled by the COVID Tracking Project, which collects and analyzes data from across the United States. Over 6,000 patients were on ventilators.

And Trumps Golfing And claiming election fraud ,, Saw he has golfed a 5th of his time in office

But his base was outraged when the black guy golfed
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
what do you suppose biden would have done if potus, to improve those numbers?

guy keep saying trump blew it, but canít give any specifics. meaning, you donít know why youíre saying it.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Jim in CT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2020, 09:05 PM   #576
Pete F.
Canceled
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: vt
Posts: 9,275
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
what do you suppose biden would have done if potus, to improve those numbers?

guy keep saying trump blew it, but canít give any specifics. meaning, you donít know why youíre saying it.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
But everyone has and all you do is recite Tweetyís gaslighting
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

"Trump is the only president not to register a 50% job approval rating at any point in his presidency since Gallup began measuring presidential job approval in 1938."

But as bad as the Trump Administration appears today, I firmly believe history will judge it much more harshly. Because he oversaw a disastrous response to a global pandemic, because of which more than 400,000 Americans died on his watch.
And he incited an insurrection on the US capitol, which led to a second impeachment.
Pete F. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2020, 10:00 PM   #577
wdmso
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Somerset MA
Posts: 5,505
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
what do you suppose biden would have done if potus, to improve those numbers?

guy keep saying trump blew it, but canít give any specifics. meaning, you donít know why youíre saying it.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Jim he didnít even attempt to care that COVID was a problem ... isnít that enough , and he still doesnít
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
wdmso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2020, 10:07 PM   #578
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits
iTrader: (0)
 
Got Stripers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: I live in a house, but my soul is at sea.
Posts: 6,957
Jim is going down with the ship, defending the indefensible and convinced nobody could have done more. I’d say nobody could have done worse, not a single candidate on either side, which is why this country kicked his sorry good for nothing arse to the curb.
Got Stripers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2020, 10:47 PM   #579
Jim in CT
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 14,753
Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Stripers View Post
Jim is going down with the ship, defending the indefensible and convinced nobody could have done more. Iíd say nobody could have done worse, not a single candidate on either side, which is why this country kicked his sorry good for nothing arse to the curb.
i didnít defend trump. i merely asked for an example. only a group of guys who all share unsupported beliefs would criticize me for asking for an example.

ďiíd say nobody could have done worse.Ē

ok. then tell me what you suspect biden would have done better, exactly? last spring we were shut down, everyone was wearing masks, we worked to ramp up testing and vaccines and protective gear.

give me specifics? accurate specifics if itís not too much to ask?

i think trumps tone was waaay to casual early on, but in practical terms, i donít see that it mattered much. the policies he enacted indicate plenty of urgency. enough so that cuomo and newsom each praised trump for helping their states.

GS, what would you say about cuomos policy of forcing nursing homes to admit covid positive patients? long after we all knew that it targeted the elderly?

or pelosi and diblasio saying in late february that it was safe to go out in crowded public places?

lemme guess, trump made them
do it.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

Last edited by Jim in CT; 11-29-2020 at 11:03 PM..
Jim in CT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2020, 04:55 PM   #580
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits
iTrader: (0)
 
Got Stripers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: I live in a house, but my soul is at sea.
Posts: 6,957
Oh no Jim evidence this virus was in the US long before it was public, there goes that default travel ban argument and now Barr has called the election final, you going to be OK?
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Got Stripers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2020, 08:59 PM   #581
wdmso
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Somerset MA
Posts: 5,505
RI opening field hospitals US hits nearly 2,600 COVID-19 deaths in one day -- the highest since April

Let me guess itís just more testing , and these deaths are the Flu
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
wdmso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2020, 09:50 PM   #582
wdmso
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Somerset MA
Posts: 5,505
Republicans Make Up 70% Of The Members Of Congress Who Have Tested Positive For Covid-19 Hummm?
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
wdmso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2020, 07:03 AM   #583
Pete F.
Canceled
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: vt
Posts: 9,275
A record 3,157 Americans died yesterday from covid-19, meaning that more than 1 out of 100 of our pandemic fatalities occurred in those 24 hours.

Meanwhile, a deranged Trump soothes his wounded ego by spreading insane, destructive lies about the election he lost.
And Trumplican leadership......crickets
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Pete F. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2020, 11:02 AM   #584
wdmso
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Somerset MA
Posts: 5,505
Trump tweets over 400 times about the election since Election Day. Guess how many COVID tweets. 1. Saying Rudy has covid
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
wdmso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2020, 11:33 AM   #585
Pete F.
Canceled
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: vt
Posts: 9,275
Touched by Trumpís tweet this morning honoring the lives lost in Pearl Harbor on this date and admitting we are now losing more Americans every day than we lost in those attacks due to his lack of morals and leadership.
Just kidding, he tweeted about himself and attacked Kemp.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Pete F. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2020, 05:16 PM   #586
Slipknot
Super Moderator
iTrader: (0)
 
Slipknot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Middleboro MA
Posts: 16,946
Left, middle or Right. pointing fingers is not going to keep you safe from the global dominators. There is more to this virus than you know.
listen to this guy and see if he makes any good points, when you put everything together that is going on you will get the picture. If you don't want to think for yourself, go ahead and continue to be a manipulated useful idiot sheep.

The United States Constitution does not exist to grant you rights; those rights are inherent within you. Rather it exists to frame a limited government so that those natural rights can be exercised freely.

1984 was a warning, not a guidebook!
Slipknot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2020, 06:18 PM   #587
wdmso
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Somerset MA
Posts: 5,505
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slipknot View Post
Left, middle or Right. pointing fingers is not going to keep you safe from the global dominators. There is more to this virus than you know.
listen to this guy and see if he makes any good points, when you put everything together that is going on you will get the picture. If you don't want to think for yourself, go ahead and continue to be a manipulated useful idiot sheep.

one sheep clearly isnít thinking at all


Same guy who said itís lab made in February

James Lyons-Weiler. Weíve met him once before on this blog, when he attacked a study that found that autism is primarily genetic. In brief, heís a former scientist. (I say ďformerĒ because he has abandoned good science in favor of antivaccine pseudoscience and no longer rates that title in my estimation, given the sorts of antivaccine pseudoscience heís published


https://sciencebasedmedicine.org/jam...iracy-vaccine/
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
wdmso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2020, 07:33 PM   #588
PaulS
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
PaulS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 8,843
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slipknot View Post
Left, middle or Right. pointing fingers is not going to keep you safe from the global dominators. There is more to this virus than you know.
listen to this guy and see if he makes any good points, when you put everything together that is going on you will get the picture. If you don't want to think for yourself, go ahead and continue to be a manipulated useful idiot sheep.
So we're manipulated useful idiot sheep because we don't want to think for ourselves yet you are telling us to watch someone who will tell us how to think? 🤣
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
PaulS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2020, 09:36 PM   #589
Slipknot
Super Moderator
iTrader: (0)
 
Slipknot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Middleboro MA
Posts: 16,946
China is the one to watch out for, not Russia. Plenty of sheep in the world as long as everyone is using labels.

The United States Constitution does not exist to grant you rights; those rights are inherent within you. Rather it exists to frame a limited government so that those natural rights can be exercised freely.

1984 was a warning, not a guidebook!
Slipknot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2020, 09:52 PM   #590
JohnR
Certifiable Intertidal Anguiologist
iTrader: (1)
 
JohnR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2000
Location: Somewhere between OOB & west of Watch Hill
Posts: 33,872
Blog Entries: 1
I chuckled today because during the NBC Nightly Lester Holt was talking how we can get toward Herd Immunity.

The gaslighting is actually quite amazing.

~Fix the Bait~ ~Pogies Forever~

Striped Bass Fishing - All Stripers


Kobayashi Maru Election - there is no way to win.


Apocalypse is Coming:
JohnR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2020, 07:53 AM   #591
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits
iTrader: (0)
 
Got Stripers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: I live in a house, but my soul is at sea.
Posts: 6,957
My sister the biggest hypochondriac and anti vaccine person I know would love that, personally I will go with real science and be happy to roll up my sleeve when I can get one.

The irony is my sister who wonít even get a flu shot is always complaining about being sick.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Got Stripers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2020, 09:19 AM   #592
wdmso
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Somerset MA
Posts: 5,505
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnR View Post
I chuckled today because during the NBC Nightly Lester Holt was talking how we can get toward Herd Immunity.

The gaslighting is actually quite amazing.


You know the fringe groups on this are Adopting a strategy of natural herd immunity or Aka let the Virus run itís course .. Itís criminal and itís unethical,Ē we are seeing how well thatís going
Aka slipknots you tube guy the anti mask crowd anti lock down folks

And medical based professionals who clearly see that idea as. Itís criminal and itís unethical,Ē and suggest herd immunity can be reached thru mass vaccination social distance and Masks reduces transmission and then Herd immunity could possible occurs I stress Could because their is no science to suggest itís out come is certain


so how is Holt Gas lighting because I listed there are 2 distinct roads to possible herd immunity which one was he speaking

Because Republicans plan of doing nothing clearly is doing nothing to slow the spread of Covid

And this is why many area who were against Mask because it was an infringement on their Right (BS)

Are now being impacted by Covid and are saying WTF , maybe we need to re think this
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
wdmso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2020, 10:51 AM   #593
PaulS
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
PaulS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 8,843
The Pres. said:

'You develop immunity over a period of time. And I hear we're close to 15% [of Americans], I'm hearing that, and that's terrific, that's a very powerful vaccine in itself,' he told reporters on Tuesday.


280K deaths "terrific"
PaulS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2020, 11:05 AM   #594
Sea Dangles
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
Sea Dangles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 8,718
Clearly the greatest president of our lifetime

PRO CHOICE REPUBLICAN
Sea Dangles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2020, 01:46 PM   #595
Jim in CT
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 14,753
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
The Pres. said:

'You develop immunity over a period of time. And I hear we're close to 15% [of Americans], I'm hearing that, and that's terrific, that's a very powerful vaccine in itself,' he told reporters on Tuesday.


280K deaths "terrific"
You can't assume trends from one example, but my sister in law tested positive last summer, and just tested positive again last week. She's an ER nurse. Maybe she was one in a million. Or maybe there will be no herd immunity as the strand changes slightly...
Jim in CT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2020, 02:29 PM   #596
Pete F.
Canceled
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: vt
Posts: 9,275
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
The Pres. said:

'You develop immunity over a period of time. And I hear we're close to 15% [of Americans], I'm hearing that, and that's terrific, that's a very powerful vaccine in itself,' he told reporters on Tuesday.


280K deaths "terrific"
Trump said it is ďterrificĒ that 15 percent of the population has been infected with COVID (we were at 11.7% as of Nov. 28, per CDC). He meant that as a suggestion weíre getting towards herd immunity, which would be around 70%. So, clearly, not close and very much not terrific
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

"Trump is the only president not to register a 50% job approval rating at any point in his presidency since Gallup began measuring presidential job approval in 1938."

But as bad as the Trump Administration appears today, I firmly believe history will judge it much more harshly. Because he oversaw a disastrous response to a global pandemic, because of which more than 400,000 Americans died on his watch.
And he incited an insurrection on the US capitol, which led to a second impeachment.
Pete F. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2020, 04:22 PM   #597
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits
iTrader: (0)
 
Got Stripers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: I live in a house, but my soul is at sea.
Posts: 6,957
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sea Dangles View Post
Clearly the greatest president of our lifetime
Is someone’s time out over, hey in case you miss something, you owe John’s charity of choice $100 and let your fellow “easy” money comrade Ronny know. Unless of course you are in the delusional camp thinking Trump will get a second term.
Got Stripers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2020, 05:31 PM   #598
PaulS
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
PaulS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 8,843
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
You can't assume trends from one example, but my sister in law tested positive last summer, and just tested positive again last week. She's an ER nurse. Maybe she was one in a million. Or maybe there will be no herd immunity as the strand changes slightly...
My niece is a nurse also but in the Nicu. Brave people (along with anyone who works on the front lines). Tell her when people hear she is a nurse they say how brave they are. I tell my niece things like that all the time.

My brother knows one person who had it twice. Hopefully, there aren't that many.
PaulS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2020, 08:18 PM   #599
Jim in CT
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 14,753
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
My niece is a nurse also but in the Nicu. Brave people (along with anyone who works on the front lines). Tell her when people hear she is a nurse they say how brave they are. I tell my niece things like that all the time.

My brother knows one person who had it twice. Hopefully, there aren't that many.
15 year old in my neighborhood also tested positive this week, he tested positive last spring as well. who
knows.

i agree with every syllable
of your post, well said. merry christmas paul!!
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Jim in CT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2020, 06:49 AM   #600
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator
iTrader: (0)
 
The Dad Fisherman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Georgetown MA
Posts: 17,474
I think a lot of people lump together the terms Covid 19 and Coronavirus and that causes some confusion. When you get tested they are testing for the presence of the coronavirus, not Covid 19. Covid19 is the illness that people develop from the virus. Covid 19 is from a diagnosis, not a test.

IMHO people can probably be testing positive multiple times for its presence but their immune systems fight it off pretty handily, hence the amount of asymptomatic people.

Just my 2 cents
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
The Dad Fisherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:37 AM.


Powered by vBulletin. Copyright ©2000 - 2008, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Please use all necessary and proper safety precautions. STAY SAFE Striper Talk Forums
Copyright 1998-20012 Striped-Bass.com