Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 11-26-2013, 09:48 PM   #1
detbuch

interesting sidelight on the most transparent administration in history

https://nppa.org/news/nppa-national-...e-house-access

Last edited by detbuch; 12-01-2013 at 01:09 PM..
Old 11-27-2013, 04:40 AM   #2
scottw

and this would be so unlike this administration... pretty sad when it's a toss up whether to believe this administration or Iranian officials...Iranian officials might have a better track record

Iran: White House Lying About Details of Nuke Deal
Iranian officials say White House fact sheet is ‘invalid’

November 26, 2013 4:25 pm

Iranian officials say that the White House is misleading the public about the details of an interim nuclear agreement reached over the weekend in Geneva.

The White House released a multi-page fact sheet containing details of the draft agreement shortly after the deal was announced.

However, Iranian foreign ministry official on Tuesday rejected the White House’s version of the deal as “invalid” and accused Washington of releasing a factually inaccurate primer that misleads the American public.
Old 11-27-2013, 06:27 AM   #3
Raven

Washington releasing a factually inaccurate primer that misleads the American public.
,,,,,,,,,,,,a daily occurrence

it just irks me to no end to see Barry jump up on stage and shout (hello)
hey everybody ....
with the wife proclaiming "my hubby got SWAG"

this is torture
Old 11-27-2013, 07:16 AM   #4
Nebe

Well.. We could just go in there and kill everyone. Think of all the money government contractors would make !!!!
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 11-27-2013, 07:44 AM   #5
RIROCKHOUND
Also known as OAK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebe View Post
Well.. We could just go in there and kill everyone. Think of all the money government contractors would make !!!!
Exactly. John Bolton would be proud!

Bryan

Originally Posted by #^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&
"For once I agree with Spence. UGH. I just hope I don't get the urge to go start buying armani suits to wear in my shop"
Old 11-27-2013, 08:49 AM   #6
buckman

Quote:
Then Obama could brag about how many Iranians he wasted and about the jobs he's creating ....
But for real , this is a disaster in the making similar to his other major accomplishment
Old 11-27-2013, 12:35 PM   #7
FishermanTim

He had an "accomplishment"?????

I am a legend in my own mind!
Old 11-27-2013, 07:50 PM   #8
justplugit
Registered Grandpa

He wants his pics photo shopped so we can't see how fast his nose is growing.

" Choose Life "
Old 11-27-2013, 09:38 PM   #9
scottw

Quote:
Well.. We could just go in there and kill everyone. Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
don't recall anyone suggesting this except you...

Last edited by scottw; 11-27-2013 at 10:07 PM..
Old 11-27-2013, 09:39 PM   #10
scottw

Quote:
Well.. We could just go in there and kill everyone. Think of all the money government contractors would make

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIROCKHOUND View Post
Exactly. John Bolton would be proud!
did he ever suggest this in any way?
Old 11-27-2013, 10:09 PM   #11
detbuch

Nonsensical exaggeration masks the "got nothin" syndrome.
Old 11-29-2013, 05:41 AM   #12
scottw

interesting that the president is now enjoying the approval ratings that Bush felt during the depths of the "great recession" at a time when his "signature accomplishment" is being "fully" implemented and the economy is "recovered" and the stock market is at record levels....doesn't seem fair
Old 11-29-2013, 07:53 PM   #13
RIROCKHOUND
Also known as OAK

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
Quote:
Well.. We could just go in there and kill everyone. Think of all the money government contractors would make

did he ever suggest this in any way?
The weekly standard a few days ago, where he called it an abject surrender, and said the only option is really an Isrealli strike. What would that lead to. He is the neocon of neocons, at least he is consistent!

Bryan

Originally Posted by #^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&
"For once I agree with Spence. UGH. I just hope I don't get the urge to go start buying armani suits to wear in my shop"
Old 11-29-2013, 10:17 PM   #14
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIROCKHOUND View Post
The weekly standard a few days ago, where he called it an abject surrender, and said the only option is really an Isrealli strike. What would that lead to. He is the neocon of neocons, at least he is consistent!
the deal: abject surrender?...yes...a joke...I think there were a number of ranking democrats that agree with his assessment

lets' see...Bolton a neocon?....I guess....Kerry is a lunatic and Barry is a liar, another leading lunatic Pelosi said she likes the deal, her track record for judgment is not so hot...that's all you need to know, that and the fact that Iranian officials were mocking the administrations pathetic attempt to portray the deal shortly after "making" the deal...Kerry must have garnered tremendous respect in the negotiations

the only option for Israel is a military strike, it's just a matter of when...they aren't the only one in the region that have this concern...that or...they could put their trust in lunatics and liars....and the Russians and Chinese

I'm pretty sure he meant a strike on their nuclear facilities and not
"go in there and kill everyone" ..I can't believe that had to be pointed out

what would that lead to?...hard to say since we have no real idea what the American position is and those that might make the call are lunatics and liars which makes it all a little curious, I'm sure Israel is wondering themselves, after we were sneaking around behind their back ......and we don't really know how Iran would react...so there's no tellin'...just have to wait and see

http://www.ft.com/intl/cms/s/0/e743f...44feabdc0.html

"We are going to roll back some of our sanctions, but they are rolling back nothing"
- Robert Menendez, senior Democrat , chairman of the Senate foreign relations committee

Last edited by scottw; 11-30-2013 at 09:58 AM..
Old 12-01-2013, 01:36 PM   #15
detbuch

What is interesting about the article I cite for this thread is not only its protest about the lack of media photographers to White House events, but, ironically, the media's own lack of attention to the erosion and transformation of our national system of government which has caused the problem against which it protests.

The article states "But more than just tradition, these restrictions raise constitutional concerns." True. For a long, long time however, the national government has been raising "constitutional concerns" not only about the media's tradition and its first amendment rights, but about other individual constitutional rights. Yet, except for some "conservative" publications and others referred to as "extreme" or "fringe," it has been quite a while since the national mainstream media as a whole has reported and commented on, in a meaningful way, about the transformation of constitutional government into an increasingly dictatorial administrative State. For this long time, the trend of national media has shifted to a point of view which supports most of this transformation. But now that its little ox is being gored, it gears up into high dudgeon and "protests."

That's good. However, to show the media's shortsightedness let's remember Martin Niemoller's "First they came for . . ." apology, and replace victims of Nazi oppression with constitutional ones.

First they came for the Welfare clause, and I did not speak out because I did not think it would affect my first amendment right.

Then they came for the Commerce Clause, and I did not speak out because I did not think it would affect my first amendment right.

Then they came for the fourth amendment . . . and the tenth amendment . . . and the second amendment . . . and other amendments . . . and most of the constitutional guarantees, and I did not speak out because I did not think it would affect my first amendment right.

Then they came after my first amendment right, and there was no Constitution left to defend it.

The article says "We must accept that we, the press, have been enablers," by publishing staff White House photos made of events to which media photographers were not given access . These were referred to as "propaganda." Time Magazine, BTW, was singled out as one of the top enablers in this respect--there is though, a list of 36 major media groups/enablers signing on to the protest. But the irony is the press has been an "enabler" not just in this little matter, but in the transformation of our system of government which originally gave it the freedom of the press into one which it now protests is denying that freedom .

Last edited by detbuch; 12-01-2013 at 02:12 PM..