Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 07-08-2016, 10:45 AM   #31
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
They (white cops) prob. approach a black suspect in a manor that leads to these type of incidents.
Baseless nonsense. I saw the video of the guy in Baton Rouge, he fought the cops every step of the way. They gave him verbal commands, he fought. They tasered him, he fought. They tried to wrestle him, he fought.

If, at any time, that idiot simply complied, no sane person thinks he'd still be dead. And if the cops were out to hunt a black man, why did they give him so many chances to surrender peaceably?
Old 07-08-2016, 11:02 AM   #32
Nebe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
Baseless nonsense. I saw the video of the guy in Baton Rouge, he fought the cops every step of the way. They gave him verbal commands, he fought. They tasered him, he fought. They tried to wrestle him, he fought.

If, at any time, that idiot simply complied, no sane person thinks he'd still be dead. And if the cops were out to hunt a black man, why did they give him so many chances to surrender peaceably?
How about the guy who was just shot in the car ? How can you defend that ?
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 07-08-2016, 11:18 AM   #33
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebe View Post
I'm not defending it. Where did I defend that? I also don't think we know yet, that he was shot for no reason, any more than we knew that the cop in Ferguson was guilty, or any more than we knew that the Duke lacrosse players were guilty.

Obama's Justice Dept will investigate. Let's calm down until we know what happened.

I will plead guilty to this, I give the cops the benefit of the doubt. I can be convinced otherwise, but just because the cop is white and the deceased is black, that's not evidence of racism. But it's enough for the shameless race baiters like Sharpton and Obama.
Old 07-08-2016, 11:27 AM   #34
ecduzitgood
time to go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebe View Post
Maybe after more facts come out it can be defended rather than just based on an 'after the event' witness video. Why was the officer dealing with the passenger, was he done with the driver? Seems as though you have already convicted the Asian cop as a racist murderer.
Old 07-08-2016, 12:03 PM   #35
PaulS

Quote:
"

If cop racism is, as you say, a small contributor to the problem, why do liberals (Obama, Sharpton, Jesse Jackson) spend so much time and energy talking about it? I follow these things more closely than most. It is FAR more common for liberals to talk about the white cop boogeyman, than it is for liberals to address the larger contributors to the problem (which obviously is the gangster and fatherless culture that blacks are embracing).
Cops are the people in society that we have charged to protect and serve ALL citizens in the US. If some citizens don't think they are being treated fairly, they have a right to protest peacefully. Every stat shows minorities (blacks) get treated worse by the criminal justice system. I'm sure if Jackson didn't talk about it, some conservative politician (Trump?) would do it instead - right?

THose are 2 different issues totally (and I laugh when conservatives always bring up the murder the rate in Chicago when Blacks protest police shootings). Face it cons. have no empathy and no sympathy for minorities and that it why it is going to be harder and harder for a R to get elected president.
Old 07-08-2016, 12:05 PM   #36
JohnR
Certifiable Intertidal Anguiologist

Just keep this civil please.

~Fix the Bait~ ~Pogies Forever~

Striped Bass Fishing - All Stripers

Kobayashi Maru Election - there is no way to win.

Apocalypse is Coming:
Old 07-08-2016, 12:15 PM   #37
Fly Rod

Quote:
Wait until an actuary like Jim sees this and tells you that just looking at raw #s like your doing is totally wrong. Break it down by per 1,000 and then it might have some validity.
I knew someone would mention the per, not going to mention that but the tide is turning....non white babies being born in the last few years have out numbered whites.....the fastest growing population in the U.S. are Asians....another thing, jim is hung up on black babies being born out of wedlock, so R white babies....the millennials(16-35) prefer to have babies out of wedlockthis includes all races....

"When its not about money,it's all about money."...
Old 07-08-2016, 12:28 PM   #38
Slipknot
Super Moderator

Quote:
Face it cons. have no empathy and no sympathy for minorities and that it why it is going to be harder and harder for a R to get elected president.
100% wrong about that Paul, that is your perception

I have plenty of empathy and sympathy and I am conservative because I choose to live within my means, support those who cannot support themselves, follow the constitution, not trample on it and obey the laws of our once great nation.

The United States Constitution does not exist to grant you rights; those rights are inherent within you. Rather it exists to frame a limited government so that those natural rights can be exercised freely.

1984 was a warning, not a guidebook!

It's time more people spoke up with the truth. Every time we let a leftist lie go uncorrected, the commies get stronger.
Old 07-08-2016, 12:41 PM   #39
Jim in CT

Quote:
Cops are the people in society that we have charged to protect and serve ALL citizens in the US. If some citizens don't think they are being treated fairly, they have a right to protest peacefully. Every stat shows minorities (blacks) get treated worse by the criminal justice system. I'm sure if Jackson didn't talk about it, some conservative politician (Trump?) would do it instead - right?

THose are 2 different issues totally (and I laugh when conservatives always bring up the murder the rate in Chicago when Blacks protest police shootings). Face it cons. have no empathy and no sympathy for minorities and that it why it is going to be harder and harder for a R to get elected president.
I am sorry to say you dodged my question completely.

I never said that legitimate police abuse should not be addressed. What I said, is that's what liberals obsess over (even though we both admitted that's a minor cause of black tragedy), and liberals almost never talk about what causes a huge majority of black tragedies (black on black violence, caused by a complete breakdown of family values).

We both know that you could not answer my question without admitting that your side is ignoring a genuine epidemic, in order to fabricate another epidemic, one which better serves the liberal agenda.

True cop racism is nowhere near the issue for the black community, compared to the cultural genocide that's taking place in urban areas. Yet cop racism is what gets 95% of liberals attention. As we saw last night, that has catastrophic effects.

And then here comes Obama, who naturally isn't going to concede that his hate speech had anything to do with it. Instead, he calls for gun control.

Amazing! Yesterday, Obama told America that cops are executing our citizens. Today, he is saying that we'd all be safer if only cops had guns.

He's a flip-flopping, racist moron. And he feels at least as much hate as you accuse me of, yet I never see you lament that. No one who feels that Al Sharpton can have a productive influence on race relations, is to be taken seriously.
Old 07-08-2016, 12:44 PM   #40
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fly Rod View Post
another thing, jim is hung up on black babies being born out of wedlock, so R white babies....the millennials(16-35) prefer to have babies out of wedlockthis includes all races....
Come on. Not in anywhere near the same percentages. 75% of black babies are born out of wedlock. Given that blacks are disproportionately poor to begin with, this guarantees a continued downward spiral for them. And it guarantees that large numbers of them will turn toward violence.
Old 07-08-2016, 12:44 PM   #41
PaulS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slipknot View Post
100% wrong about that Paul, that is your perception

I have plenty of empathy and sympathy and I am conservative because I choose to live within my means, support those who cannot support themselves, follow the constitution, not trample on it and obey the laws of our once great nation.
Sorry you feel we aren't a great nation anymore.

So would you support the increased spending on programs that help minorities more than whites (things like pre school programs, etc)?

Last edited by PaulS; 07-08-2016 at 12:50 PM..
Old 07-08-2016, 12:47 PM   #42
PaulS

So a murder committed by a criminal should be lumped in with the execution by a cop of someone pulled over for a broken taillight who was getting his license like he was asked - that is hilarious.
Old 07-08-2016, 12:49 PM   #43
Jim in CT

Quote:
Face it cons. have no empathy and no sympathy for minorities and that it why it is going to be harder and harder for a R to get elected president.
"Face it cons. have no empathy and no sympathy for minorities"

Paul, where does your hate come from? How does it feel to have so much hate? See what I did there?

It's also pure horesh*t. Please tell us, what do you base that on? I'd just love to see your facts that back that up.

It will make it harder to get elected POTUS. It's based on nonsense. But it's effective (clearly, it even fooled you), so liberals keep making that claim. They never seem to provide the logic to back it up, I notice...
Old 07-08-2016, 12:50 PM   #44
Jim in CT

Quote:
So a murder committed by a criminal should be lumped in with the execution by a cop of someone pulled over for a broken taillight who was getting his license like he was asked - that is hilarious.
No one said we should ignore true police brutality. No one said that a cop committing murder is the same as a criminal committing murder.

A certain sign that I have beaten a liberal, is when they start responding to things that I never said, but rather, they respond to jibberish that no one even came close to saying.

You are coming un-glued.
Old 07-08-2016, 01:01 PM   #45
PaulS

Quote:
"Face it cons. have no empathy and no sympathy for minorities"

Paul, where does your hate come from? How does it feel to have so much hate? See what I did there?

It's also pure horesh*t. Please tell us, what do you base that on? I'd just love to see your facts that back that up.

It will make it harder to get elected POTUS. It's based on nonsense. But it's effective (clearly, it even fooled you), so liberals keep making that claim. They never seem to provide the logic to back it up, I notice...
You're right. I'm sure the Rs will soon have then next President.
Old 07-08-2016, 01:09 PM   #46
ecduzitgood
time to go

http://www.wfaa.com/mb/news/crime/co...tack/267260288

In case you missed it.
Old 07-08-2016, 01:12 PM   #47
PaulS

Go look at your 2nd post.

My Hate Go tell some woman who is important in your life that you call a woman the C word bc you don't like her politics, the Pres. a POS, and even have the thought that "Liberalism is evil"

Your hate is unparalled on this forum.
Old 07-08-2016, 01:14 PM   #48
Jim in CT

Quote:
You're right. I'm sure the Rs will soon have then next President.
Again, you keep responding to things I didn't say (are you feeling OK?). I said that the GOP is going to struggle in presidential elections. No one would deny that.

Now, can you please support that statement of yours, that conservatives have no sympathy for blacks? I am very, very interested.
Old 07-08-2016, 01:22 PM   #49
Jim in CT

Quote:
Go look at your 2nd post.

My Hate Go tell some woman who is important in your life that you call a woman the C word bc you don't like her politics, the Pres. a POS, and even have the thought that "Liberalism is evil"

Your hate is unparalled on this forum.
"go look at your 2nd post".

All righty, here it is.

What % of black murder victims are killed by white cops, and what % are killed by other young black men? I don't like the idea of racist cops, but why do the 1%of the cases where the killer is a white cop, get 99% of our attention and energy I don't hear Obama talking about the carnage being experienced every weekend in his hometown of Chicago, but sure as hell, there he is tonight, lamenting white cops.

You see something hateful, or even wrong, in there Paul? Maybe you should read that 2nd post, because it has that question I asked (why do liberals obsess over a rare problem and ignore the real issue), yet you won't answer. I wonder why that is??

"Go tell some woman who is important in your life that you call a woman the C word bc you don't like her politics"

My wife is well aware. And it's not that I disagree with Hilary's politics. It's that she is a morally bankrupt, pathological liar, and a repugnant human being. I can say the same thing about Trump. He's a complete a-hole. It's not about politics. I am in favor of gay marriage and gun control, I call out good and bad on both sides.

"Your hate is unparalled on this forum"

I disagree. And as we have all seen, my opinions aren't so flimsy, that I am ever unable to answer any question you ask. Can you say the same? Nope. You dodged repeatedly here. A simple question, and it had you on the ropes.

Two questions actually...
(1) what makes you say conservatives have no sympathy for minorities?
(2) if, as you say, true police brutality is a small contributor to black struggles, why do liberals spend so much more time obsessing over it, than they do trying to solve the problems that are major contributors to black struggles.

Here's a tip. If your opinions are so flimsy that you can't begin to answer such simple, pertinent questions...maybe you should re-think you opinions.
Old 07-08-2016, 01:25 PM   #50
PaulS

Quote:
Again, you keep responding to things I didn't say (are you feeling OK?). I said that the GOP is going to struggle in presidential elections. No one would deny that.

Now, can you please support that statement of yours, that conservatives have no sympathy for blacks? I am very, very interested.
I said you're right - that I have a lot of hate. I'm always on this forum calling woman the C word bc I don't like her politics, that I think a whole political party is evil, etc, etc, etc. - I could go on and on and on and on.

sarcasm.

The policies of the Repub. disportionally hurt minorities. I hear it constantly.
Old 07-08-2016, 01:32 PM   #51
PaulS

Your wife is aware you call woman the C word? Does she approve of that? If my wife heard me call someone that she throw her shoe at me.

The vast majority of people view the use of that word as offensive.

Last edited by PaulS; 07-08-2016 at 01:38 PM..
Old 07-08-2016, 01:35 PM   #52
Fly Rod

Quote:
Come on. Not in anywhere near the same percentages. 75% of black babies are born out of wedlock. Given that blacks are disproportionately poor to begin with, this guarantees a continued downward spiral for them. And it guarantees that large numbers of them will turn toward violence.

Remember Perdue the chicken man....his down fall was using percentages and charts.....

"When its not about money,it's all about money."...
Old 07-08-2016, 01:43 PM   #53
Jim in CT

Quote:
The policies of the Repub. disportionally hurt minorities. I hear it constantly.
Name one policy, please.

Because I can be very specific about liberal policies that have been devastating to minorities (abortion, welfare, even some say affirmative action causes serious damage).

"I hear it constantly"

Well, if Rachael Maddow and Arianna Huffington say it, and you hear it, that's good enough for me!

I wonder why statistical studies show that conservatives give a little more to charity, than liberals do, if they are so lacking in empathy?
Old 07-08-2016, 01:46 PM   #54
Jim in CT

Quote:
Your wife is aware you call woman the C word? Does she approve of that? If my wife heard me call someone that she throw her shoe at me.

She is aware of it. She doesn't like it. But she knows that if I describe Hilary that way, I am more accurate, than say, you are when you say conservatives have no sympathy for minorities. You see, when I call Hilary that word, I can fill the Pacific Ocean with accurate examples of why I think of her that way. When I ask you why you say conservatives don't care about minorities, the best you can come up with is "I hear it all the time".

I also hear all the time, from your side, that Chicjk Fil A hates gays. Funny what the Florida Chick Fil-A's did (quietly) for the gay community after the terror attack there. Just because you hear something, doesn't make it remotely true. I keep hearing from your side that white cops are targeting black men. I hear that all the time. Because I hear it all the time, doesn't make it less asinine.

Liberals (as a group) cannot find a way to admit that someone can disagree with them, and still be a good person.
Old 07-08-2016, 01:49 PM   #55
Jim in CT

Quote:

Here's why I don't particularly care about that. Many of the people who are offended by that word, have no problem claiming tirelessly that conservatives are racist, sexist, homophobic, Islamophobic, etc.... Any rational person finds that offensive. So what's good for the goose...
Old 07-08-2016, 01:57 PM   #56
PaulS

Quote:
Here's why I don't particularly care about that. Many of the people who are offended by that word, have no problem claiming tirelessly that conservatives are racist, sexist, homophobic, Islamophobic, etc.... Any rational person finds that offensive. So what's good for the goose...
Not if it is true

see your Presidential candidate. Somehow he beat everyone in the primaries. Most have been all the lib. crossing over and voting for him in the primaries.
Old 07-08-2016, 02:01 PM   #57
Ian
Idiot

Quote:
So based on this statement, any child born outside of wedlock is fine as long as its not black, in which case its guaranteed a violent life that spirals downward?

Please tell me this statement was a mistake, because otherwise it seems like you're begging someone to bend their view of out-of-wedlock childbirth to a very racist viewpoint.

Like I said, I'm hoping the way you worded your response wasn't as you intended it.

The artist formerly known as Scratch59.
Old 07-08-2016, 02:02 PM   #58
Jim in CT

Quote:
Not if it is true

see your Presidential candidate. Somehow he beat everyone in the primaries. Most have been all the lib. crossing over and voting for him in the primaries.
Correct, not if it's true. In this case, it's laughably false.

Oh, you are gong to judge all conservatives by the character of our 2016 candidate? I forgot about Hilary's morality, honesty, integrity, and ethics!! Many conservatives are embarrassed by Trump, especially me. I don't know many liberals who are ashamed of Hilary. Can I similarly say that all liberals are extremely careless, and couldn't find the truth in a bucket with both hands? Paul, you tee'd that one up for me nicely.

In 2008 and 2012, were you saying that all liberals were racist jerks because of who your candidate was in those years?

Last edited by Jim in CT; 07-08-2016 at 02:08 PM..
Old 07-08-2016, 02:06 PM   #59
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian View Post
So based on this statement, any child born outside of wedlock is fine as long as its not black, in which case its guaranteed a violent life that spirals downward?

Please tell me this statement was a mistake, because otherwise it seems like you're begging someone to bend their view of out-of-wedlock childbirth to a very racist viewpoint.

Like I said, I'm hoping the way you worded your response wasn't as you intended it.
Boy do you need to take reading comprehension. First, you thought I said every single black person is guilty of killing other blacks. Now, somehow, you are concluding that I said that it's fine for white babies to be born out of wedlock.

What I am saying (in fact, what I explicitly said) is that out-of-wedlock births are particularly destructive for blacks, because they are disproportionately poor. The wealthier a woman is, the more likely it is they can effectively raise a child by themselves, because they can afford more help (nannies, tutors, etc). The ramifications of large-scale single parenting are well documented. Just because the conclusions don't serve the liberal agenda, doesn't make it racist.

Is that really going too fast for you?
Old 07-08-2016, 02:16 PM   #60
PaulS

Quote:
Correct, not if it's true. In this case, it's laughably false.

Oh, you are gong to judge all conservatives by the character of our 2016 candidate? I forgot about Hilary's morality, honesty, integrity, and ethics!! Many conservatives are embarrassed by Trump, especially me. I don't know many liberals who are ashamed of Hilary. Can I similarly say that all liberals are extremely careless, and couldn't find the truth in a bucket with both hands? Paul, you tee'd that one up for me nicely.

In 2008 and 2012, were you saying that all liberals were racist jerks because of who your candidate was in those years?
Jim,

As I have previously, I'm making fun of you bc of all your stereotypes. Find 1 thing about what you don't like with a person in 1 political party and apply that to the whole party.