Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 01-13-2020, 10:05 PM   #1
detbuch

Bongino illustrates how deep state inures that FISA "mistakes" won't change

Probably too long for JohnR, but this guy is good.

Old 01-14-2020, 01:19 AM   #2
spence

You lost me at deep state.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 01-14-2020, 07:02 AM   #3
Jim in CT

spence, when Whitey Bulger essentially took over the Boston FBI office, everyone knew it was happening, but the DOJ leadership there was impotent to stop it. So they sent US Attorney Durham
there to clean it up. The US attorney for that office was Robert Mueller. When someone is that bad at their job, but instead of getting fired they get promoted all the way to Attorney General, how does that happen? could
that happen where you work? not at any place I’ve worked.
Old 01-14-2020, 10:06 AM   #4
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
You lost me at deep state.
You've been lost since Trump got elected. Deep state is just a label for the conglomeration of existing intel, criminal, and other, federal agencies. It's not some mysterious, unknown, secret cabal. Bongino was actually a part of "the deep state" for a while. The "deep state" actually is populated by mostly good, dedicated, patriotic employees who do important work to make the country secure. When a few at the top take it on themselves to decide who should be the President, they are a danger to the security of the nation, and they should be exposed, removed, prosecuted, and steps should be taken that it never happens again.

Bongino shows how the correction that is supposed to occur as a result of the Horowitz investigation may well be sabotaged. I wouldn't expect you to care about that because the Progressive media that you rely on didn't tell you about it. You know, the media that mislead you about who would 100% win in 2016, and who insisted that Trump was in Putin's pocket and "colluded" with Russia, and who consistently tie Trump to Nazis, racists, homophobes, mysogenists, etc., which supposedly makes him all of those things.

Bongino, and other non-Progressive alternative media predicted the Trump victory, as well as being nearly 100% correct about the "collusion" nonsense, pointing out many of the details that Horowitz found before Horowitz found them. He has been spot on re this stuff all the while the Progressive media were spouting nonsense.

So yeah, you're lost . . . led astray by biased reporting, commentating, and bad "deep state" actors.
Old 01-14-2020, 11:31 AM   #5
wdmso

Bongino was criticized by former colleagues at the Secret Service for using his Secret Service background as part of his run for political office and for his claim of having secret information based on conversations he overheard in the Obama White House.[5][6][1] A former colleague criticized him for trying to use his proximity to President Obama in his political career: "He's trying to draw attention to himself and he's hijacking the Secret Service brand.
Bongino has frequently appeared on Fox News' opinion programming and InfoWars.

Its comical to see what you see as fake and factual.
Old 01-14-2020, 12:48 PM   #6
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
Bongino was criticized by former colleagues at the Secret Service for using his Secret Service background as part of his run for political office and for his claim of having secret information based on conversations he overheard in the Obama White House.[5][6][1] A former colleague criticized him for trying to use his proximity to President Obama in his political career: "He's trying to draw attention to himself and he's hijacking the Secret Service brand.
Bongino has frequently appeared on Fox News' opinion programming and InfoWars.

Its comical to see what you see as fake and factual.
OK, so you turn to your usual ad hominem attack on the messenger rather than discussing the message. You usually go to Wickipedia (which has a leftward slant) to find info on someone you don't know anything about (which is a testament to your usual ignorance of anything outside of the MSM that you depend on) and pick whatever seems to be a negative and report it as if that's all we need to know and therefor his message is not worth hearing or commenting on.

Oh . . . some former colleagues don't like him. Whoopie. That's true of about anybody who has strong views. Nor does that little, marginally significant factoid diminish what he is saying in this video (as well neither his many other opinions, statements, books, and articles). And the rest of the Wickipedia article doesn't paint him as unreliable or untrustworthy.

There are former colleagues in the service that don't dislike him, and probably feed him some of the info that allows him to CORRECTLY analyze "deep state" activities while others in the MSM get it wrong.

But you can't ever discuss these videos. You can only and pitifully try to discredit the messenger. You can't show how what he says is not factual. You can only, somehow, try to indirectly, and ignorantly, cast some picayune aspersions that you think takes the place of rational and factual conversation. Typical strategy of losers who can't win or even engage in an honest discussion.
Old 01-14-2020, 01:27 PM   #7
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by detbuch View Post

OK, so you turn to your usual ad hominem attack on the messenger rather than discussing the message.

did you really expect anything different?
Old 02-13-2020, 10:07 PM   #8
detbuch

Antidote to PeteF:

Old 02-13-2020, 10:19 PM   #9
Pete F.
Canceled

I apparently have some influence around here, and need to be beaten back with disinformation.
Cool
Old 02-13-2020, 11:08 PM   #10
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
I apparently have some influence around here, and need to be beaten back with disinformation.
Cool

Nope, everything he says is verified data that, when put together, creates narratives that are antidotes to your narratives of conjecture.
Old 02-13-2020, 11:11 PM   #11
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Nope, everything he says is verified data that, when put together, creates narratives that are antidotes to your narratives of conjecture.
Dream on

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 02-13-2020, 11:16 PM   #12
detbuch

Quote:
Dream on
Actually, I don't remember my dreams when I wake. There is a dreamlike, often nightmarish, quality to many of your rants.
Old 02-14-2020, 07:54 AM   #13
wdmso

YouTube when no one else will give you any air time on regular TV

And the only people who watch already believe what you believe

You make these guys sound like they have proof the earth is flat

Conservatives live in a world of conspiracy and conjecture they demand 1st had knowledge from everyone but not from themselves why is that
Old 02-14-2020, 08:19 AM   #14
detbuch

Quote:
YouTube when no one else will give you any air time on regular TV

And the only people who watch already believe what you believe

You make these guys sound like they have proof the earth is flat

Conservatives live in a world of conspiracy and conjecture they demand 1st had knowledge from everyone but not from themselves why is that
Bongino is on "regular" TV a lot. You are not only ignorant of that, but the rest of your post is idiotic as well.
Old 02-14-2020, 08:51 AM   #15
wdmso

Quote:
Bongino is on "regular" TV a lot. You are not only ignorant of that, but the rest of your post is idiotic as well.
A regular on fox arguing with Geraldo trust me I have seen him

Your source materials expose you for what your not a free thinker a 1 source wonder driven by conspericy and fringe views and when exposed anyone who
Pushes back against your propaganda. We are Ignorant people classic
Old 02-14-2020, 08:52 AM   #16
scottw

Quote:

once again confirming my point
Old 02-14-2020, 09:15 AM   #17
detbuch

Quote:

So you dispute your own post in which you imply or state (can't tell which because of the way you write) that no one on regular TV would give Bongino air time. And he has appeared on other shows not just his debates with Geraldo. And he has published well selling books.

Your source materials expose you for what your not a free thinker a 1 source wonder driven by conspericy and fringe views

I have provided numerous sources. They have all been logically presented backed up by actual facts. And none of which have you been able to "debunk." I am a free enough thinker that I actually read or look at most of your stuff and actually comment on its content. Something you haven't been able, or been too closed minded, to do with mine. As in this video, you don't comment on anything he says, assume he is a conspiracist with fringe views, and try to destroy the messenger rather than deal with the message.

His views are not fringe. They reflect and inform the views of many on the "right." Of course, for you, unfree thinker that you are, all those on the "right" are fringe as in your "Conservatives live in a world of conspiracy and conjecture".

and when exposed anyone who
Pushes back against your propaganda. We are Ignorant people classic
You haven't exposed anything. You have not commented, examined, disproved any content here as you have not done many other times. You reply to this thread, as in many others, from willful ignorance of what is presented, and make ignorant comments on something you have not examined.

Last edited by detbuch; 02-14-2020 at 09:24 AM..
Old 02-14-2020, 09:33 AM   #18
Pete F.
Canceled

Brief list of people who are always wrong about everything:
-Ben Shapiro
-Dan Bongino
-Dan Scavino Jr
-Jeanine Pirro
-Charlie Kirk
-Mark Levin
-Tucker Carlson
-James Woods
-Ryan Fournier
-Candace Owens
-Lou Dobbs
-Corey Lewandowski
-Eric Bolling
-David A. Clark Jr
-Jack Posobiec

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Lets Go Darwin
Old 02-14-2020, 10:40 AM   #19
detbuch

Quote:
-Ben Shapiro
-Dan Bongino
-Dan Scavino Jr
-Jeanine Pirro
-Charlie Kirk
-Mark Levin
-Tucker Carlson
-James Woods
-Ryan Fournier
-Candace Owens
-Lou Dobbs
-Corey Lewandowski
-Eric Bolling
-David A. Clark Jr
-Jack Posobiec
You're wrong.
Old 02-14-2020, 11:14 AM   #20
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
You're wrong.
I'm not but it's Valentine's Day, find someone who looks at you the way Pence looks at Trump.

Lets Go Darwin
Old 02-14-2020, 11:16 AM   #21
Jim in CT

Quote:
-Ben Shapiro
-Dan Bongino
-Dan Scavino Jr
-Jeanine Pirro
-Charlie Kirk
-Mark Levin
-Tucker Carlson
-James Woods
-Ryan Fournier
-Candace Owens
-Lou Dobbs
-Corey Lewandowski
-Eric Bolling
-David A. Clark Jr
-Jack Posobiec
your brain is broke.

Candace Owens is wrong when she says that fatherlessness and crappy schools, are bigger obstacles for blacks, than white racism? Tell me if you think she’s wrong in that.
Old 02-14-2020, 11:23 AM   #22
scottw

spence should be at the top of that list
Old 02-14-2020, 11:51 AM   #23
wdmso

Quote:
You haven't exposed anything. You have not commented, examined, disproved any content here as you have not done many other times. You reply to this thread, as in many others, from willful ignorance of what is presented, and make ignorant comments on something you have not examined.
His views are not fringe. They reflect and inform the views of many on the "right.

Yea Ok lets see what the Facts show

So what other shows other than Fox has he been on? I forgot he's big on INFO wars a stellar provider of the Truth or conspiracy theorist Mark Levin

I clearly know to only to listen to a snake oil salesman once
no matter how many topics or information they attach themselves to
or what Facts the say the have .. they are still in the end just snake oil salesman
Old 02-14-2020, 12:41 PM   #24
detbuch

Quote:
I'm not but it's Valentine's Day, find someone who looks at you the way Pence looks at Trump.
Your wrong.
Old 02-14-2020, 01:04 PM   #25
detbuch

Quote:
His views are not fringe. They reflect and inform the views of many on the "right.

Yea Ok lets see what the Facts show

So what other shows other than Fox has he been on? I forgot he's big on INFO wars a stellar provider of the Truth or conspiracy theorist Mark Levin

I clearly know to only to listen to a snake oil salesman once
no matter how many topics or information they attach themselves to
or what Facts the say the have .. they are still in the end just snake oil salesman
You have not given any relevant fact. Yes, he has appeared on regular TV other than the one you mentioned even though you implied or stated that no one would give him the time. And yes, they have been on Fox. So what? He may have been on other channels, I don't know. So what? If he had appearances on CNN, would that mean he is not a snake oil salesman? Fox, regardless of your opinion of it, is a major news channel. And they have gotten a whole lot more right than CNN, or NBC, or CBS, or ABC, in regards to the various investigations and impeachment of Trump.

Info Wars is not "regular TV" so I don't know why you added it as a rebuttal to Bongino appearing on "regular" TV. And though it has had some far out conspiracy theories, it has also had relevant commentary.

Mark Levin is not a conspiracy theorist. Above all, he is a constitutional lawyer and knows a hell-of-a lot more about it than you ever will, and way more than most of the talking heads on "regular" TV.

He and Bongino are not in the least "fringe." They are smack dab in the center of Conservative and Constitutionalist ideology. And they have called a lot of the outcomes of the above investigations and impeachment and have given the correct analyses of why.

What you refer to as "regular" television, as if it were somehow superior and filled with truth and wisdom, as well as the Progressive movement (ergo the Dem Party), have demonstrably shown themselves to be the real snake oil salesmen.

And you're a prime example of the mushy minds they produce.

If you opened up your unfree limited source mind to the huge range of information provided on the internet (while it lasts-before the left squeezes the life out of it), you might have a more balanced, real, inclusive, diverse, and accurate view of what, who, and why.

Last edited by detbuch; 02-14-2020 at 01:09 PM..
Old 02-19-2020, 09:24 PM   #26
detbuch

Bongino lays out the evidence that the whole thing was initially about getting rid of Flynn. The argument begins in earnest at just before minute 27:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...ature=emb_logo
Old 04-29-2020, 10:30 PM   #27
Slipknot
Super Moderator

Quote:
Bongino lays out the evidence that the whole thing was initially about getting rid of Flynn. The argument begins in earnest at just before minute 27:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...ature=emb_logo
The last few days have been truly enlightening

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/0...l-flynn-224311

The United States Constitution does not exist to grant you rights; those rights are inherent within you. Rather it exists to frame a limited government so that those natural rights can be exercised freely.

1984 was a warning, not a guidebook!

It's time more people spoke up with the truth. Every time we let a leftist lie go uncorrected, the commies get stronger.
Old 04-29-2020, 11:01 PM   #28
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slipknot View Post

Regarding that there is this article in The Federalist by Margot Cleveland that expands on the information revealed by the new documents. Especially interesting and more so than any possible Brady violation is the apparent violation of what's called Giglio disclosures:

https://thefederalist.com/2020/04/27...ut-to-implode/
Old 04-30-2020, 05:04 AM   #29
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slipknot View Post

the corruption and the weaponization of government agencies for political purposes under obama is very troubling
Old 04-30-2020, 06:54 AM   #30
Pete F.
Canceled

Gen. Flynn pled guilty to lying to the FBI not because he was framed but because he got a sweet-ass deal to avoid massive criminal liability for being an unregistered agent of a foreign power while working for a presidential transition. He also avoided his son’s prosecution.
While in the White House, he unequivocally lied to both the Vice President of the United States and to the chief of staff to the President of the United States about his interactions with the Russian ambassador. And he was fired for it.
Nothing that has come out suggests the facts that he admitted to in the context of his plea are untrue or that his plea was coerced in any way. Nothing that was done to Flynn by the FBI isn’t done to criminal suspects all over the country.
If you’re outraged by the FBI’s tactics with Flynn, keep in mind that they do these things every day against drug dealers, gang members, and terrorists. Except those people are black, Hispanic, and Middle Eastern—not “lock ‘er up” lily white.
So yes, Trump* might pardon Flynn. But if you think Flynn is about to be “cleared,” sober up. Because while you might not know much about federal law enforcement and it’s standard practices, Judge Emmet Sullivan does. And he won’t be surprised by these supposed “revelations.”