Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » The Scuppers

The Scuppers This is a new forum for the not necessarily fishing related topics...

Old 05-04-2011, 11:44 AM   #1
Saltheart

Whats with all the whiners about Bin Laden?

I am tired of hearing all the whining crap about the Bin Laden action. The Taliban will retaliate, the Pakistanis will be angry, Indians don't like that we used geronimo as his code name (that name was too good to be used on Bin Laden), RI Gov. 'I don't celebrate the use of violence, we shouldn't have buried him at sea, should have taken him alive, shouldn't have killed the woman and wounded his wife......

What the heck is going on in the USA? The bastard rejoiced when 3000 men woman, children , babies died on 9/11. He has directed the killing of people all over the world. he didn't care if innocents died along with his chosen targets , in fact mostly all he wanted was large body counts , he didn't care about the makeup of the bodies , just big numbers. he killed others of his same religion because they didn't follow the radical idiology.

I'll swear that some people would complain about winning the lottery because now they had to figure out how to spend the money.

Saltheart
Custom Crafted Rods by Saltheart
Saltheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 11:57 AM   #2
DMenace

You have hit the nail on the head and voiced my opinion to a tee, I could not agree with you more. I am so sick of all the apologist bs. I am not the least bit sorry for what we did, for the celebrations or for the patriotic tone things have taken on, although I wish people didn't need a reason to stand and say the Pledge/National Anthem/ God Bless America.
DMenace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 12:15 PM   #3
RIJIMMY
sick of bluefish

the media has nothing else to do

making s-b.com a kinder, gentler place for all
RIJIMMY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 12:37 PM   #4
FishermanTim

Some people only feel good about themselves if they are complaining about everyone and everything else!
It's the "Debbie Downer" syndrome.

As much as I would appreciate seeing OBL's carcass dragged through the streets, displayed on a multi-state "torpedo of REAL truth" tour, it is more strategic to let this be. Here's some of the thinking involved:
If we did take him alive, he would be a focal point for his followers, making them much more determined to strike again.
If we defile his body and display it like they did, like a trophy, it would enrage not just his followers, but other factions that might be likely to join forces.
If we make it a front page story (the kill shot photos) it could make him a martyr in the eyes of his followers.

By burying him at sea, in accordance with muslim tradition, we have done two important things. We have shown the muslim world that we are respecting their religion while removing a "problem" from their midst. We have dramatically reduced the possibility of martyrdom of OBL by not having a grave site for his followers to visit.

For those incessant whiners, they need to grow a pair, open their eyes and do something more constructive with their lives. I wonder how many of these whiners live in Cambridge?

Last edited by FishermanTim; 05-04-2011 at 04:24 PM..
FishermanTim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 12:45 PM   #5
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

No shortage of stupidity in this country

"If you're arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing."
The Dad Fisherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 01:01 PM   #6
RIJIMMY
sick of bluefish

I'm just glad it silenced all the crap news about the royal wedding!

making s-b.com a kinder, gentler place for all
RIJIMMY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 01:23 PM   #7
fishbones

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dad Fisherman View Post
No shortage of stupidity in this country
No kidding. In fact, I think we have a surplus.

Conservatism is not about leaving people behind. Conservatism is about empowering people to catch up, to give them tools at their disposal that make it possible for them to access all the hope, all the promise, all the opportunity that America offers. - Marco Rubio
fishbones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 01:38 PM   #8
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

If we could burn the stupid for fuel we could end our dependency on foriegn oil

"If you're arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing."
The Dad Fisherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 03:29 PM   #9
JohnR
Certifiable Intertidal Anguiologist

Agree. And happy birthday!

Today's risk adverse culture, mommystate, everyone is a victim 'cept the perpetrators society SCREAMS, err WHINES, incessantly.

Why this action by the USA took BALL$, Big Brass Ones, by all involved, from the shooters & team & intel at pointy end of the spear, to the Intel Services, Bush Admin for setting up a fair amount of ducks, and Obama admin for continuing the ducks, and providing a presentable / soup to nuts plan with significant risk. Props to Obama for making the gutsy call. Seriously.

Lots of stuff will come out in the wash and hopefully a lot won't. No doubt there will be whining no matter which way things get sliced. No tinfoil hat stuff but I wonder how close we came to a shooting war (skirmish) with Pakistan? Lots of hardware with missiles underwing could have been flying in AFG and off the Vinson / whatever else was around to cover that team. Lots of stuff to go wrong.

~Fix the Bait~ ~Pogies Forever~

Striped Bass Fishing - All Stripers

Kobayashi Maru Election - there is no way to win.

Apocalypse is Coming:
JohnR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 03:55 PM   #10
BigFish
BigFish Bait Co.

Send a message via AIM to BigFish
I love the point of view that if the Government releases photos of Bin Ladens body......it will provoke more violence against us from the radicals out there???? Since when did they ever need provoking to spread their violence??? This is what they do!!!! Show the American people the photos of his dead ass.....we deserve that much after what he did to our country!!!! And as far as Pakistan goes......they have to debate whether to cut off aid to a country that was obviously harboring that miserable bastard????!!!!! $4,000,000,000 a year we send to them and for what??? What do we get in return for that???? We are paying $4 a gallon for gas and the people of OUR COUNTRY are struggling and going broke!!!!!! And we are sending $4,000,000,000 a year to Pakistan as well as other countries!!!!

Almost time to get our fish on!!!
BigFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 05:12 PM   #11
spence

Perhaps I've just been buried in a conference, but I haven't heard much whining

Agree on the big balls though...failure here would have been disasterous.

-spence
spence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 07:32 PM   #12
JohnR
Certifiable Intertidal Anguiologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
Perhaps I've just been buried in a conference, but I haven't heard much whining

Agree on the big balls though...failure here would have been disasterous.

-spence
People are whining that another person (Osama) was killed, after all, hasn't there been enough?

People are whining that people aren't s#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&g up enough to Obama for what he did.

People are whining that people aren't s#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&g up enough to Bush for what he did.

People are whining that muslim culture was adhered to in the burial at sea.

People are whining that Geronimo was used as a code name (all for using Indian names in many areas, but calling Osama Geronimo is an insult to Geronimo).

People are whining that we are too sensitive to the Muslim world.

People are whining that we are not sensitive enough to the Muslim world.

People are whining that people are whining.

People are whining that they've been stuck in conferences and have missed all the whining.

~Fix the Bait~ ~Pogies Forever~

Striped Bass Fishing - All Stripers

Kobayashi Maru Election - there is no way to win.

Apocalypse is Coming:
JohnR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 08:32 PM   #13
Raider Ronnie

Send a message via AIM to Raider Ronnie
Quote:
Originally Posted by RIJIMMY View Post
I'm just glad it silenced all the crap news about the royal wedding!

LETS GO BRANDON
Raider Ronnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 10:02 PM   #14
SurfCaster413

I love how the native americans are upset cause his code name was geronimo(sp) really america really. Why are we so Freaking politically correct.
SurfCaster413 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 10:18 PM   #15
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnR View Post
People are whining that another person (Osama) was killed, after all, hasn't there been enough?

People are whining that people aren't s#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&g up enough to Obama for what he did.

People are whining that people aren't s#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&g up enough to Bush for what he did.

People are whining that muslim culture was adhered to in the burial at sea.

People are whining that Geronimo was used as a code name (all for using Indian names in many areas, but calling Osama Geronimo is an insult to Geronimo).

People are whining that we are too sensitive to the Muslim world.

People are whining that we are not sensitive enough to the Muslim world.

People are whining that people are whining.

People are whining that they've been stuck in conferences and have missed all the whining.
Are people really whining or are a few isolated commened just getting blown out of proportion?

-spence
spence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 03:45 AM   #16
Raven

turn this thread around

i'd love to create a simulated picture of OBL's head after he got WHACKED,
but i don't know the impact of the caliber used
that crushed his skull and knocked out one of his eyes.

i wanted to see the picture...they said they were gonna show it
Raven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 08:43 AM   #17
zacs
D'oh

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
Are people really whining or are a few isolated commened just getting blown out of proportion?

-spence
you are correct. few comments blown out of proportion...

i bent my wookie
zacs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 09:12 AM   #18
HugeDinghy

the b*tching that i have heard is more around the policies that ended up allowing us to get him...many of which were the policies that BHO campaigned against etc....

either way, at the end of th eday, OBL is dead and that is a very very very very good thing...no matter how you slice it..

HugeDinghy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 09:26 AM   #19
Duke41
got gas?

They should have hung his ass a ground zero. Piece of #^&#^&#^&#^&.
Duke41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 10:07 AM   #20
vineyardblues

What I want to know is this :
How come the news / events change by the day ?

Does this come from the WhiteHouse? I feel a cover up big time , 02 cents

Like Larry said , I want a Dead picture or a cut off finger with a DNA report attached with it ....... someone is not telling us everything !

BTW if Gov Brown is on the website , can you say ooopps what picture .
vineyardblues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 11:48 AM   #21
Backbeach Jake

Geronimo is a compliment wholly undeserved by bib Laden. Geronimo was a warrior of honor.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

Buring bin Laden's ass under the TT's septic system would
Be too good for him.
Backbeach Jake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 06:53 PM   #22
afterhours
Afterhours Custom Plugs

[QUOTE
No tinfoil hat stuff but I wonder how close we came to a shooting war (skirmish) with Pakistan? Lots of hardware with missiles underwing could have been flying in AFG and off the Vinson / whatever else was around to cover that team. Lots of stuff to go wrong.[/QUOTE]

i understand that we had a ton of assets in the air and ready for anything. i'm sure we must have issued a last second headsup/warning to the pakis. i can't believe they did'nt know he was there- yeah right...

and linc...can we recall him now? pleeeaaase.....

www.afterhoursplugs.com

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Afterh...428173?created

Instagram - afterhourscustom

Official S-B.com Sponsor

GAMEFISH NOW

"A GAMEFISH (WHICH STRIPED BASS SHOULD BE) IS TOO VALUABLE TO BE CAUGHT ONLY ONCE"...LEE WULFF
afterhours is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 03:43 PM   #23
Adam_777

I'm glad the cork sucker is dead.The politically correct crowd wouldn't have a leg to stand on if they ran this country.Nothing but a bunch of commies making rules for everything so nobody breaks a god damn nail or gets hurt feelings.The entire world watched the Saddam Hussein hanging video ? Right ? Whats the difference ? I don't care if they killed his entire family and all of their friends.Anyone associated with that guy must know their days are numbered.
Adam_777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 04:14 PM   #24
nightfighter
Seldom Seen

He's dead. So is Hitler. No pics there either. Well planned, well executed by the best of the best. Morbid curiosity has many crying for "proof". Tough. Hang around for twenty years and maybe you'll see it. And maybe not. Meanwhile, the doubters can just await BL's next video release claiming he is alive.... (don't you think it would have been released by now?)

But the media coverage of so much information is not in the best interests of the War on Terror. This would include BL's "playbook" and lists of planned attacks, the disclosure of the new stealth helicopter, and his meeting with Team 6 today. No need for all this to be public IMHO. Why would we want to let our enemies know what we know? Makes no sense to me....Some of the reports leave me screaming at the TV asking "Why are they reporting this?????"

“Americans have the right and advantage of being armed, unlike the people of other countries, whose leaders are afraid to trust them with arms.” – James Madison.
nightfighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 08:11 PM   #25
mosholu
Mosholu

I could not agree more with Nightfighter. I see no need to discuss any more than the basics of the mission. The one small gripe I have about the whole thing is that the administration should have waited until the d-brief before coming out with any information and we would have avoided all these stories that he was firing a gun or using his wife as a shield etc., which later have to be corrected and taints the administration somewhat. Finally, as to the pictures of the body I do not believe it is necessary because even the radical militant websites are reporting him dead.
mosholu is offline   Reply With Quote