Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 09-04-2020, 07:18 AM   #1
RickBomba

But The Rain Might Ruin My Hair

Too late. Your hair has sucked for your whole, bloated life.

G
T
F
a
h

He’s fizzling. 59 more days. He just keeps looking worse.

John Redmond Thinks He's Smart By Changing My Avatar
Old 09-04-2020, 07:34 AM   #2
Pete F.
Canceled

Cowardice is what landed the Trumps in the US to begin with.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 09-04-2020, 10:07 AM   #3
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickBomba View Post

G
T
F
a
h

i cant see trump winning. i said the same thing four years ago.
Old 09-04-2020, 12:11 PM   #4
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Bad market two days in a row, that’s going to keep him up tonight, you know how he loves to point to how well the “economy” is doing.
Old 09-04-2020, 12:22 PM   #5
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Stripers View Post
Bad market two days in a row, that’s going to keep him up tonight, you know how he loves to point to how well the “economy” is doing.
Christ almighty, you never say anything about how insanely well

the market has performed since he took over. But two bad days are supposed to be an indicator?

He gets an A on stock market growth.
Old 09-04-2020, 12:39 PM   #6
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickBomba View Post

G
T
F
a
h

This is a 2 year-old story, it was debunked then. Anonymous sources made the claim, and multiple sources went on record as rejecting it, including Josh Bolton who hates Trump.

You bought a lie here.
Old 09-04-2020, 12:42 PM   #7
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
Christ almighty, you never say anything about how insanely well

the market has performed since he took over. But two bad days are supposed to be an indicator?

He gets an A on stock market growth.
Hey I’m having fun poking at the orange brigade, between the market going south and the military up in arms about his comments, this is going to be a tough weekend for Cheeto. If I know him he will be out on the golf course to calm his nerves.
Old 09-04-2020, 12:44 PM   #8
Jim in CT

Quote:
Hey I’m having fun poking at the orange brigade, between the market going south and the military up in arms about his comments, this is going to be a tough weekend for Cheeto. If I know him he will be out on the golf course to calm his nerves.
Show us anything to suggest the military is up in arms about "his comments" which were debunked two years ago.

Isn't there enough actual moral baggage with him? Why do you need to make stuff up?
Old 09-04-2020, 01:09 PM   #9
Pete F.
Canceled

How is there any real argument about whether the President privately called soldiers who were injured or killed “losers” when he publicly said the same thing about John McCain?
Old 09-04-2020, 01:14 PM   #10
spence

Quote:
Show us anything to suggest the military is up in arms about "his comments" which were debunked two years ago.
https://www.militarytimes.com/news/p...ote-for-biden/

I think Trump beat Clinton 2:1 in 2016.
Old 09-04-2020, 01:48 PM   #11
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
If I know him he will be out on the golf course to calm his nerves.
And making a quick 100K from the suckers
We’ve spent an estimated 141M for him to play 275 times at his golf courses, that’s 500K a round and assume 20% gross profit it’s 100K for Tweety.
After a golf course has covered it’s nut, money it receives is largely profit, so it actually could be higher

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 09-04-2020, 01:51 PM   #12
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
https://www.militarytimes.com/news/p...ote-for-biden/

I think Trump beat Clinton 2:1 in 2016.
I saw that polling. I was asking for evidence that troops are upset by Trumps alleged "comments" about war dead being suckers.
Old 09-04-2020, 01:54 PM   #13
spence

Quote:
I saw that polling. I was asking for evidence that troops are upset by Trumps alleged "comments" about war dead being suckers.
Are you?
Old 09-04-2020, 01:54 PM   #14
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
And making a quick 100K from the suckers
We’ve spent an estimated 141M for him to play 275 times at his golf courses, that’s 500K a round and assume 20% gross profit it’s 100K for Tweety.
After a golf course has covered it’s nut, money it receives is largely profit, so it actually could be higher
Do Trump's courses actually charge Trump for playing golf? My experience working for golf courses is that employees (and certainly owners) play for free.
Old 09-04-2020, 02:03 PM   #15
detbuch

Quote:
Today's employment report was very good.
Old 09-04-2020, 02:04 PM   #16
Pete F.
Canceled

So you comp him and his foursome for the round with carts, charge secret service for carts and rooms at weekend rates, etc
Google is easy
Old 09-04-2020, 02:30 PM   #17
detbuch

Quote:
So you comp him and his foursome for the round with carts, charge secret service for carts and rooms at weekend rates, etc
Google is easy
Trump's companies do not charge nor receive money for secret service cart rentals. Those are done by secret service contracts with non-Trump cart rental services. Just as they did when protecting Obama and other presidents. And they have always had to pay for room and board when protecting past presidents golf outings as well.
Old 09-04-2020, 02:53 PM   #18
Pete F.
Canceled

Where did previous presidents play golf?
Old 09-04-2020, 03:00 PM   #19
Pete F.
Canceled

http://obamagolfcounter.com/
https://trumpgolfcount.com/

How Much Has the Government Spent at Trump’s Properties? It Won’t Say.
Old 09-04-2020, 03:06 PM   #20
Pete F.
Canceled

Trump attacked McCain. We all saw that. He attacked gold star families. We all saw that, too. Don't try walking it back.
Old 09-04-2020, 03:12 PM   #21
Jim in CT

Quote:
Trump attacked McCain. We all saw that. He attacked gold star families. We all saw that, too. Don't try walking it back.
He attacked McCain, and he attacked a gold star family (not all of them in general, still scummy). There is zero evidence he said war dead are losers and suckers. It's debunked.
Old 09-04-2020, 03:13 PM   #22
detbuch

Quote:
Where did previous presidents play golf?
Secret Service would have paid for cart rentals regardless of where previous presidents played. Trumps courses are net getting paid for cart rentals. Secret Service contracted the rentals from non-Trump companies.
Old 09-04-2020, 03:50 PM   #23
detbuch

Quote:
http://obamagolfcounter.com/
https://trumpgolfcount.com/

How Much Has the Government Spent at Trump’s Properties? It Won’t Say.
From your trumpgolfcount.com:

Trump Golf Count Cost Breakdown:
AF1 flights to Mar-a-Lago: $59,110,000

Trump AF1 flight expenses are not paid to Trump properties. If he were to go to non-Trump golf courses, it would still cost the government flight expenses. Wherever the Trump or any other President goes with AF1, it would cost the government. Other Presidents used AF1 to go to golf courses. This is not some peculiar Trump expense.

AF1 flights to Bedminster: $23,515,500

Trump AF1 flight expenses are not paid to Trump properties. If he were to go to non-Trump golf courses, it would still cost the government flight expenses. Wherever the Trump or any other President goes with AF1, it would cost the government. Other Presidents used AF1 to go to golf courses. This is not some peculiar Trump expense.

Costs to Bedminster, Palm Beach*: $23,069,405

I don't know what this cost is and it probably would be a similar cost at a non-Trump location and past presidents would have incurred similar costs.

Cost to guard coast off Mar-a-Lago: $29,972,000

Trump does not financially profit from Coast Guard expenses and any other President would incur such Coast Guard expenses if they played at Mar-a-lago or any other seaside or Coast Guard protected area golf courses.

Luxury car rental in Turnberry, Scotland: $1,260,139

Car rentals in Turnberry are not owned by Trump.
Any other president playing there or anywhere else in Scotland would create similar car rental costs.

Cost of stay at Trump Turnberry, Scotland: $68,800
Total cost of staying in Doonberg, Ireland: $3,600,000
Total Cost: $140,595,844

So, of the $140,595,844 expenses only $3,668.800 (with a possible added $23,069,405 for Bedminster whatever that is) went to Trump properties, and if non-Trump properties had been chosen, similar costs would have occurred. And any other president would have created similar costs for golfing in Scotland and Ireland.
Old 09-04-2020, 04:07 PM   #24
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Quote:
Originally Posted by detbuch View Post
From your trumpgolfcount.com:

Trump Golf Count Cost Breakdown:
AF1 flights to Mar-a-Lago: $59,110,000

AF1 flights to Bedminster: $23,515,500

Costs to Bedminster, Palm Beach*: $23,069,405

I don't know what this cost is and it probably would be a similar cost at a non-Trump location and past presidents would have incurred similar costs.

Cost to guard coast off Mar-a-Lago: $29,972,000

Trump does not financially profit from Coast Guard expenses and any other President would incur such Coast Guard expenses if they played at Mar-a-lago or any other seaside or Coast Guard protected area golf courses.

Luxury car rental in Turnberry, Scotland: $1,260,139

Car rentals in Turnberry are not owned by Trump.
Any other president playing there or anywhere else in Scotland would create similar car rental costs.

Cost of stay at Trump Turnberry, Scotland: $68,800
Total cost of staying in Doonberg, Ireland: $3,600,000
Total Cost: $140,595,844

So, of the $140,595,844 expenses only $3,668.800 (with a possible added $23,069,405 for Bedminster whatever that is) went to Trump properties, and if non-Trump properties had been chosen, similar costs would have occurred. And any other president would have created similar costs for golfing in Scotland and Ireland.
So your ok with all the tax payer money for so much golf, provided the Trump family isn’t making too much, I personally would prefer he spend more time doing his job. Actually watching the piss poor job he is doing, maybe I’d rather see him tee one up instead.
Old 09-04-2020, 04:56 PM   #25
detbuch

Quote:
So your ok with all the tax payer money for so much golf, provided the Trump family isn’t making too much, I personally would prefer he spend more time doing his job. Actually watching the piss poor job he is doing, maybe I’d rather see him tee one up instead.
Are you assuming that there would not be a host of other Secret Service costs for the time Trump played golf if he had not played golf? Secret Service is 24/7 no matter what the President does. AF1 expenses for non golf cost just as much. I don't know what the excess his golf costs above normal 24/7 presidential expenses are. I'm guessing that whatever Trump would have done if he had played only as much golf as Obama, it still would have cost the government a lot of money for traveling, living, and Secret Service expenses.

He spends plenty of time doing his job. I don't think there is some tabulation that shows he spends less time doing his job than most. Apparently, he doesn't sleep much. And he's not doing a poor job. He has done a lot of what Republicans have professed needs to be done but somehow have been incapable of doing, in spite of opposition from both parties.

And I'm not OK with most of the way government spends tax payer dollars. I'm not OK with the direction our system of government has been evolving. I am less than not OK with the people of this nation being dumbed down to the notion that Progressive politics is the answer for what ails us. I prefer to argue about that rather than whether Trump plays too much golf.

But you won't.
Old 09-04-2020, 06:07 PM   #26
Pete F.
Canceled

If we look at the previous President and others, you’ll find that they played at military golf courses a lot, in Obama’s case 74% of the time with the rest split pretty close to equally between public and private.
Trump has played almost exclusively at his own properties with a few exceptions for a round in Japan and never at a military course.
Old 09-04-2020, 06:16 PM   #27
detbuch

Quote:
If we look at the previous President and others, you’ll find that they played at military golf courses a lot, in Obama’s case 74% of the time with the rest split pretty close to equally between public and private.
Trump has played almost exclusively at his own properties with a few exceptions for a round in Japan and never at a military course.
This is very important . . .BTW, did the secret service accompany him, and were they provided golf carts, and did he use AF1 to get there?
Old 09-04-2020, 06:32 PM   #28
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

He doesn’t play at military courses because they are losers.
Old 09-04-2020, 07:09 PM   #29
Pete F.
Canceled

Now Trump is saying he even phoned Melania back in Washington to say how disappointed he was that he couldn’t go to the military cemetery outside of Paris. In fact, Melania was with him in Paris. He just made up his alibi.
As Columbo would say:

“You try to contrive a perfect alibi, and it's your perfect alibi that's gonna hang ya.”
Old 09-05-2020, 06:54 PM   #30
RickBomba

Quote:
This is a 2 year-old story, it was debunked then. Anonymous sources made the claim, and multiple sources went on record as rejecting it, including Josh Bolton who hates Trump.

You bought a lie here.
Oh Jim,
Verified by Jennifer Griffin at Fux News, just yesterday.

2 year old story...more like a 2 year old POSTUS.

Everything will be better in 57 days.

You’ll see.

DrainTheHairpiece2020

John Redmond Thinks He's Smart By Changing My Avatar