Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Main Forum » StriperTalk!

StriperTalk! All things Striper

Old 01-07-2019, 05:59 PM   #1
Clammer

Any value

Is there any value in the old / deep sea chrome diamond jigs ………...a few still on the cardboard.
same about a few vintage Penn senator reels
Also some glass & some lami boat rods ………… meats rods , a few custom built for the style of the fisherman .
two roller guides . 6' to 7+
Just wondering before I mess with them .I know the reels are selling at all different prices .
Oh also a couple of off shore trolling rigs/ lures .clueless on those .

I still have alot on unused custom plugs , but I have to sit down with someone that knows their what there worth …….. if there worth $8 fine …..if their worth $38 fine…………………………...I,m not letting them go because {{yOU ARN<T COLLECTING THEM} your gonna fish them / which is what I got last time I posted them .
For the heck of it I threw a J Habs schoolie popper . 1.5 -2" on E.bay for 9.99 ………..it sold for $26.00 plus shipping ..
I gotta get rid of this stuff but not free ...everyone is dieing & now I.m watching Dennis wife ….trying to figure things out /////////& I know some guys have beat her up .
His Truck & boat &trailer are going on the market

ENJOY WHAT YOU HAVE !!!

MIKE
Clammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2019, 08:08 PM   #2
Guppy
User

I’m famous for loosing those heavy diamond jigs...
I’ll be out your way 2/9/19 for that show near u if that helps...

Meat rods! Meat sticks! Hadn’t heard that for a while.... :-)
Guppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2019, 09:40 PM   #3
Clammer

well Ray .they are what they are >>> stops in their tracks ………………… if I knew who was used dealer going I,d pay them to take stuff ...I have fresh water stuff & a descent about of plastic ><><

ENJOY WHAT YOU HAVE !!!

MIKE
Old 01-08-2019, 04:50 AM   #4
wdmso

Mike if ill talk with ray i'll also swing by and give you hand and move some stuff . it never cool for low ballers to take advantage but there is always a few
wdmso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2019, 08:01 AM   #5
Clammer

thanks Wayne .I might so down with you all , that,s a nice small show ><>

ENJOY WHAT YOU HAVE !!!

MIKE
Old 01-08-2019, 01:47 PM   #6
Guppy
User

Early 70’s meat stick...
Notice the meticulous craftsmanship...
1AC019BA-F9FE-41EA-A594-E161BE4DF966.jpg
D5E64170-5B90-4E2F-A686-661F579E0CB1.jpg
E24D69DE-BF9D-4E89-BE3E-DCE128F2C6CC.jpg
Old 01-08-2019, 02:19 PM   #7
Pete F.
Canceled

That's from the days when you had A fishing rod

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Pete F. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2019, 02:41 PM   #8
DZ

Mike - when my best buddy Zeke passed his wife asked if I could help her sell his gear. He had a ton of stuff. I contacted a local tackle shop and asked if I could have a "sidewalk sale" outside the store one afternoon. They were very kind and let me do it with a little help from longtime friends who knew Zeke. We were able to make a substantial amount for his widow.

DZ
Recreational Surfcaster
"Limit Your Kill - Don't Kill Your Limit"

Bi + Ne = SB 2

If you haven't heard of the Snowstorm Blitz of 1987 - you someday will.
DZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2019, 05:48 PM   #9
Clammer

Thanks DZ .something to thing about for spring ><><

ENJOY WHAT YOU HAVE !!!

MIKE
Old 01-08-2019, 07:57 PM   #10
RIROCKHOUND
Also known as OAK

Mike when the time comes I can give you some idea on the offshore stuff....
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
RIROCKHOUND is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2019, 10:14 PM   #11
Clammer

thanks Brian , don,t have much <<I can meet you .

><><

ENJOY WHAT YOU HAVE !!!

MIKE
Old 01-09-2019, 12:56 PM   #12
MakoMike

I might be interested in the old senators, whatcha got?

****MakoMike****

Http://www.Makomania.net

Official S-B Sponsor
MakoMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2019, 01:17 PM   #13
Clammer

I ll check for ya Mike .some are on sticks ……… I,ll get the size & colors to you PM .

TX ><>

ENJOY WHAT YOU HAVE !!!

MIKE
Old 01-09-2019, 09:28 PM   #14
chris L

Mike
if you need a hand with Dennis's stuff , moving stuff or grunt work call me . you have my number
chris L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2019, 10:55 PM   #15
Clammer

Chris , except for light conventional setups …...he asked me to take all the old stuff in the corner / mostly stuff that hasn,t seen any use in years & some old non-working F/W reels & a little off shore gear ….….. he told me also to take to matching combo setups that he used for sea bass , etc & all the plastics .
His wife told two of us she need some time & we told her to just call us .
well she called me on Sat & said #$$%^& was coming to get what Denis told him he could have . I passed on going . She called again sunday & said #$%^ was coming back if I wanted to be there …… nope I went to the S/C beaches for a ride .
Gale & I went up on Monday ………. 90% of this fly gear was gone ….only one schoolie spin outfit was there & the two matching outfits that he wanted me to have to go with the same two that also have .were also gone ……..
IHis wife said that #$%^& who didn,t see him /not once before he passed and is a legit multi millionare [sp] wanted the fly gear …..even thro he took off to Florida til May . so I found at least 3 fly outfits that she put aside for him / plus tieing gear , plus a couple of large plastic boxes with S/W flies .then I founld a box of mixed lures /most never open ………. I should have offered to buy them or offered to sell them for her . I wasn,t told to take them so she said she was going to do Craigs list << WTF she has no clue …………… then I found the plastics ……. most brand new & stuff I don,t have much of .Great I thought . then his wife said the %^&*( the millionare said denis told him he could have all the plastic ……………………. so I put it back down & left it for him when he comes back .. If he was in RI I would have gone to his house & ripped him one …...I still might .
I did find a unused silver Garcia conventional made In Sweden on a custom matching rod .. which I told his wife it was worth money & be smart about it .
The only thing I have to go back for is all the #^&#^&#^&#^&ing sinkers & lead because I couldn,t carry it upstairs or anyone else either or that would have probably gone for scrap ………………
She told me he has a very expensive Bow .they can,t find & Denis told her he had two pistols along with his hunting guns …...which were worth a lot of money ……...she told me when the opened the safe ,only one pistol .
I know this #^&#^&#^&#^& happens all the time . it did with my mother . she was in a nursing home for only the last 4 months & she didnt realize she was there .but we paid for her tiny apartment so we could keep her stuff there .
well she has do sooner passed away & anything of dollar or personal value went missing ……… she had given keys to a few people outside us .
#^&#^&#^&#^& Chris .now ya got me going ……….. I can,t believe cheap M/F ers jump at the chance even in death ……………… If I was still drinking I think I,d wait until the fu cking millionare has picked up the rods & reels & whatever else he could score & once he got it home I,d blow up this waterfront home on the island ………………………………….. sometimes I wish there was a thereafter so Dennis could kick their asses before I did .
Now that I,m really pissed off I,m going to go hook up to the machine that is suppose to help me breath at night .
Now you know why I want to get rid of most of my gear …………….. My family wouldn,t know $1 to a 50 plug >><

ENJOY WHAT YOU HAVE !!!

MIKE
Old 01-10-2019, 05:54 AM   #16
piemma
Very Grumpy bay man

This #^&#^&#^&#^& happens all the time. That's why I'll sell everything before I die/

No boat, back in the suds.
piemma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2019, 07:47 AM   #17
Guppy
User

Just about all I have is junk! Good luck with that... :-)

That sucks Mike, let it go, ride the beach
Old 01-10-2019, 10:57 AM   #18
Slipknot
Super Moderator

Damn
Mike
holy crap

The United States Constitution does not exist to grant you rights; those rights are inherent within you. Rather it exists to frame a limited government so that those natural rights can be exercised freely.

1984 was a warning, not a guidebook!

It's time more people spoke up with the truth. Every time we let a leftist lie go uncorrected, the commies get stronger.
Slipknot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2019, 11:08 AM   #19
Clammer

I KNOW SLIP …….. you take them fishing .give them gear . they pass & still leave you stuff yet some people its not enough …….. people who watch there money . that,s ok .but cheap bastards . that go to far to the point of lying or going to far piss me off ……………………….……………. ain,t met many real nice .real wealthy people …….That,s just me ><

ENJOY WHAT YOU HAVE !!!

MIKE
Old 01-10-2019, 12:45 PM   #20
JohnR
Certifiable Intertidal Anguiologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by piemma View Post
This #^&#^&#^&#^& happens all the time. That's why I'll sell everything before I die/

And then you'll buy it back all over again 3 months later ; )

~Fix the Bait~ ~Pogies Forever~

Striped Bass Fishing - All Stripers

Kobayashi Maru Election - there is no way to win.

Apocalypse is Coming:
JohnR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2019, 01:59 PM   #21
Clammer

PAULIE , THAT, s great if you know & have time . denis didn,t , but he wanted to give it away .But his {friends] & his wife is going by what they tell her .
that,s why I,m trying for the 3rd time to clear out some stuff of value & then what,s left , will be just what I use at the time . If I stlll have the boat ,s no worries ,Ill make sure I have enough landing that I,ll use the Multi-purpose license to sell the rig ><><><

ENJOY WHAT YOU HAVE !!!

MIKE