Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 10-20-2018, 07:03 PM   #1
Jim in CT

Is Trump going to run for re-election?

i say no, that Pence runs with Nikki Haley.
Old 10-20-2018, 08:47 PM   #2
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

I say yes, because he's a narcissistic #^&#^&#^&#^&
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 10-21-2018, 07:09 AM   #3
scottw

I just want to see how the left reacts if the repubs keep the house and senate and trump wins reelection
Old 10-21-2018, 08:20 AM   #4
Raider Ronnie

Send a message via AIM to Raider Ronnie
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
I just want to see how the left reacts if the repubs keep the house and senate and trump wins reelection

Not If, When 👍
Old 10-21-2018, 08:24 AM   #5
wdmso

why not he has nothing to lose.. and who on the right will challenge him any way for the nomination?
Old 10-21-2018, 12:21 PM   #6
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
They'll go bonkers of they don't take the house. They've gone all-in on this kind of mob-like campaign strategy, they literally have nothing left, if it doesn't work, the snowflakes will implode, and by that, I mean completely implode.
Old 10-21-2018, 12:22 PM   #7
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
why not he has nothing to lose.. and who on the right will challenge him any way for the nomination?
No one will challenge him if he runs again, and they'd have no reason to, he'd delivering on most of promises. The democrats primary challenged Jimmy Carter, because the country was falling apart. That's not happening now. Check your pay-stub and your pension investment returns.
Old 10-21-2018, 02:45 PM   #8
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
No one will challenge him if he runs again, and they'd have no reason to, he'd delivering on most of promises. The democrats primary challenged Jimmy Carter, because the country was falling apart. That's not happening now. Check your pay-stub and your pension investment returns.
Well I’m retired so no pay stub to check, but I’m thankful I’m not to invested in the market, but even so I’m down 3% in one year. Not as rosey as you pint it.

Got one other word of caution for you “trillion” plus deficit.
Old 10-21-2018, 03:40 PM   #9
Nebe

I love the announcement today that the Trump regime is going to release a mid income tax cut right before mid term elections in early November. It’s like throwing crumbs to the peasants.
Old 10-21-2018, 04:20 PM   #10
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebe View Post
I love the announcement today that the Trump regime is going to release a mid income tax cut right before mid term elections in early November. It’s like throwing crumbs to the peasants.
except the peasants worked to earn their crumbs....the government is just taking fewer crumbs from the peasants who earned them...see how that works?..plus...it's better than an Obamaphone
Old 10-21-2018, 05:26 PM   #11
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Stripers View Post
Well I’m retired so no pay stub to check, but I’m thankful I’m not to invested in the market, but even so I’m down 3% in one year. Not as rosey as you pint it.

Got one other word of caution for you “trillion” plus deficit.
well my whole ira is in the stock market and i love trump for it. true about the debt. he is judged by his whole term, not one year. the market is up nicely since january 2107.
Old 10-21-2018, 05:29 PM   #12
Jim in CT

Quote:
and obama did what, exactly, that helped us more? those crumbs were $200 a month to me. that’s not crumbs. maybe to you, not to this peasant. if you’re so offended by it, can we assume you aren’t keeping your extra take home pay you got from the first gop tax cut?
Old 10-21-2018, 09:47 PM   #13
Nebe

It’s the irony of the timing.
Old 10-22-2018, 04:08 AM   #14
scottw

yeah, like the Kavanaugh accuser(s), the latest caravan from the south, happens all the time in politics, the "ironic timing" thing....at least this is a pleasant surprise

Last edited by scottw; 10-22-2018 at 04:16 AM..
Old 10-22-2018, 04:08 AM   #15
wdmso

Quote:
and obama did what, exactly, that helped us more? those crumbs were $200 a month to me. that’s not crumbs. maybe to you, not to this peasant. if you’re so offended by it, can we assume you aren’t keeping your extra take home pay you got from the first gop tax cut?

If I thought for a second Trump was the only reason for my retirement plan rise 1 I would be a fool. 2nd It was already going up 0n 9\30 \15 had 106 k 10\22\18 I have 136k my contributions have never changed the only time i have lost money was last month .. So on paper Trump has changed nothing .. As for 200 buck a month From his Tax cut I know I am not seeing that ..

I have much higher expectations from any POTUS.. then what my retirement balance looks like..
Old 10-22-2018, 04:18 AM   #16
scottw

Quote:

So on paper Trump has changed nothing .. As for 200 buck a month From his Tax cut I know I am not seeing that ..

at least your Obamaphone still works

Last edited by The Dad Fisherman; 10-22-2018 at 06:39 AM..
Old 10-22-2018, 06:32 AM   #17
Jim in CT

Quote:
If I thought for a second Trump was the only reason for my retirement plan rise 1 I would be a fool. 2nd It was already going up 0n 9\30 \15 had 106 k 10\22\18 I have 136k my contributions have never changed the only time i have lost money was last month .. So on paper Trump has changed nothing .. As for 200 buck a month From his Tax cut I know I am not seeing that ..

I have much higher expectations from any POTUS.. then what my retirement balance looks like..
congratulations, you’ve made the most economically illiterate post in the history of the internet.

trump changed nothing? the tax cuts, the elimination of regulations, amount to ‘nothing’? Apple saying they are adding 20,000 new jobs is nothing?
Old 10-22-2018, 06:45 AM   #18
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Quote:
congratulations, you’ve made the most economically illiterate post in the history of the internet.

trump changed nothing? the tax cuts, the elimination of regulations, amount to ‘nothing’? Apple saying they are adding 20,000 new jobs is nothing?
Nothing to see here
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	OW2.jpg
Views:	401
Size:	13.6 KB
ID:	65684  

"If you're arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing."
Old 10-22-2018, 07:25 AM   #19
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Quote:
Well, sometimes timing backfires
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1024.png
Views:	407
Size:	733.6 KB
ID:	65685  

Old 10-22-2018, 07:41 AM   #20
Nebe

Why don’t you focus your anger on the possibility of the gop screwing with your SoCal security or Medicare.... seems like that will effect you more than focusing on warrens ancestry
Old 10-22-2018, 07:45 AM   #21
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Quote:
Why don’t you focus your anger on the possibility of the gop screwing with your SoCal security or Medicare.... seems like that will effect you more than focusing on warrens ancestry
Anger??? What anger, I find the whole thing hysterical.

Although it does look like that triggered "someone"

and you brought up the irony of Timing, she pulled this stunt to make Trump look bad, and it back fired on her. She is now a punch line.

Old 10-22-2018, 08:20 AM   #22
Slipknot
Super Moderator

Quote:
I wouldn't say irony
more strategic than ironic

letting the people who can use the tax cut most know about the plan ahead of the mid-term elections is smart if congress is to be able to pass it, so as long as the Right controls, it should pass. I'm not sure why even Democrats would not want tax cuts but everyone makes choices.

The United States Constitution does not exist to grant you rights; those rights are inherent within you. Rather it exists to frame a limited government so that those natural rights can be exercised freely.

1984 was a warning, not a guidebook!

It's time more people spoke up with the truth. Every time we let a leftist lie go uncorrected, the commies get stronger.
Old 10-22-2018, 08:27 AM   #23
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dad Fisherman View Post
Well, sometimes timing backfires
Some people are told stories in their childhood that are believed to be true, others are taught to lie.

It seems the Trump family has been lying about their ancestry for a couple of generations. Donald Trump himself claimed in his book Trump: The Art of the Deal from 1987 that his father came to America as a boy, having emigrated from Sweden.

But it's not true. At least not according to the biographies The Trumps: Three Generations That Built An Empire by Gwenda Blair, and The lost tycoon by Henry Hurt.

In their research into the Trump family, both author's have come to the conclusion that the Swedish origins was just a story invented by Trump's father. During the middle of the 19th century, Trump's true descent - German - was simply bad for business.

“In the 1940s, people, especially in the real estate industry in New York, didn't want to hear that somebody was German — so let's get rid of that. Let's be Swedish,” Gwenda Blair said in an inteview with Inside Edition.

According to the New York Times, Donald Trump even asked his father why he had to keep the lie going at the time of writing Trump: the Art of the Deal.

Henry Hurt writes that the reason for continuing the story was to not upset the Jewish tenants of Trump real estate, reports Aftonbladet.

The true story is that Trump's grandparents on his father's side came to America from the German town of Kallstadt in 1905. On his mother's side, Trump's ancestry is Scottish.

"I don't believe there's any Swedish ancestry whatsoever," biographer Gwenda Blair said.

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 10-22-2018, 08:39 AM   #24
scottw

Quote:
Why don’t you focus your anger
who is angry? we're all laughing
Old 10-22-2018, 08:40 AM   #25
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post

"I don't believe there's any Swedish ancestry whatsoever," biographer Gwenda Blair said.
who cares?
Old 10-22-2018, 08:40 AM   #26
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
Some people are told stories in their childhood that are believed to be true, others are taught to lie.

It seems the Trump family has been lying about their ancestry for a couple of generations. Donald Trump himself claimed in his book Trump: The Art of the Deal from 1987 that his father came to America as a boy, having emigrated from Sweden.

But it's not true. At least not according to the biographies The Trumps: Three Generations That Built An Empire by Gwenda Blair, and The lost tycoon by Henry Hurt.

In their research into the Trump family, both author's have come to the conclusion that the Swedish origins was just a story invented by Trump's father. During the middle of the 19th century, Trump's true descent - German - was simply bad for business.

“In the 1940s, people, especially in the real estate industry in New York, didn't want to hear that somebody was German — so let's get rid of that. Let's be Swedish,” Gwenda Blair said in an inteview with Inside Edition.

According to the New York Times, Donald Trump even asked his father why he had to keep the lie going at the time of writing Trump: the Art of the Deal.

Henry Hurt writes that the reason for continuing the story was to not upset the Jewish tenants of Trump real estate, reports Aftonbladet.

The true story is that Trump's grandparents on his father's side came to America from the German town of Kallstadt in 1905. On his mother's side, Trump's ancestry is Scottish.

So if Trump did a DNA test and it came back 1/1024th Swedish you'd be OK with his claims then?

for someone who isn't a fan of the "Whataboutism" you came back pretty quickly with a "Whataboutism"

Old 10-22-2018, 08:41 AM   #27
scottw

Quote:

for someone who isn't a fan of the "Whataboutism" you came back pretty quickly with a "Whataboutism"
ironic timing...
Old 10-22-2018, 09:51 AM   #28
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
So if Trump did a DNA test and it came back 1/1024th Swedish you'd be OK with his claims then?

I care more about his total indifference to truth than what his genetic heritage is.

Doesn't fit whataboutism definition, it's a reflection not a deflection.
Trump is the person who politicized the Pocahontas line

He too claimed a heritage that at best was suspect, but that likely he was taught to lie about.

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 10-22-2018, 11:27 AM   #29
Jim in CT

Quote:
I love the announcement today that the Trump regime is going to release a mid income tax cut right before mid term elections in early November. Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
How about the timing of 10,000 immigrants marching towards the border just before the elections? That's a coincidence? Or are 10,000 poor people being used as pawns?
Old 10-22-2018, 11:30 AM   #30
scottw

Quote:
How about the timing of 10,000 immigrants marching towards the border just before the elections? That's a coincidence? Or are 10,000 poor people being used as pawns?

they're trying to get here in time to vote for democrats