Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » DIY - Forum

DIY - Forum Do It Yourself for Non-Fishing Items

Old 07-27-2012, 03:15 PM   #1
Tagger
Hydro Orientated Lures

Beam Fiasco ,,, take 2

It's all over,, what a Pia .. I had to draw up 4 sets of plans and have them reviewed by an engineer . Tough to get an engineer interested in small jobs .. 1 st engineer bailed ,, doesn't do that kind of work .. I gave the inspector his 4 sets of plans (again) with an attached notarized letter and stamped by an engineer . $400 later we're good again .. Oh today was the building inspectors last day ,,, Town dumped him .. Gonna miss you ,... NOT !!! . I got off cheap .. was expecting to pay 1 k from what I've heard ..

Belcher Goonfoock (retired)
(dob 4-21-07)
Tagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 03:16 PM   #2
Tagger
Hydro Orientated Lures

My plans were 5 pages .. Engineer liked them .. That's what I did fathers day ..

(dob 4-21-07)
Old 07-27-2012, 03:51 PM   #3
ProfessorM
Uncle Remus

congrats.

"A beach is a place where a man can feel he's the only soul in the world that's real"
ProfessorM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 05:35 AM   #4
mikecc
Plug Builder in Training

Glad it's over ed. Myles is a PITA glad he is gone. John did not get the inspectors job ,they went with another guy who is not certified

mikecc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 04:14 PM   #5
Raven

Glad to hear it's Over
Raven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 07:04 PM   #6
Tagger
Hydro Orientated Lures

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikecc View Post
Glad it's over ed. Myles is a PITA glad he is gone. John did not get the inspectors job ,they went with another guy who is not certified
I'm a little confused .. I thought the building Commissioner "Myles" is still there .... Paul Arsehat the inspector is gone ,, My wife got that first hand from the secretary of the building dept . ... I thought the job John was after is still up in the air . I did much better with Myles then Paul .. Myles saved me from Paul . absolute power trip ,, That guy will beat you up $$$$$..

(dob 4-21-07)
Old 07-28-2012, 07:07 PM   #7
Tagger
Hydro Orientated Lures

Not Certified .. ???? how can,, why does,, that happen ??? Replace one crappy building dept. with another ,, politics BS ...

(dob 4-21-07)
Old 07-29-2012, 10:56 AM   #8
mikecc
Plug Builder in Training

Ed I thought you meant Myles is gone. He has his walking papers. The state will not certify him; He does not have enough on job supervision exp. To be certified. So the state denied his appeal. He had till Oct 31 2011 to get cert and has not. I don’t know why he is still there.

As far as John it’s not over. John is certified the new guy the TA appointed is not. He can go for his cert this fall but has to get 100 hours on the job before he can be fully appointed to the position. John already has met the 100 hours with his assistant plumbing inspector’s job & is a disabled vet.
John has asked for a meeting with the TA and Selectman to ask why they chose the way they did. They have 15days to vote otherwise TA's apointment stands.

mikecc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 01:30 PM   #9
ed morini

beam fiasco

Building inspector certification requires both work experience and testing completion to qualify for the position. The testing does not have to be done prior to a hiring...you have 18 months to complete the testing, then the certification is given check R7 in the building code.

As in other areas of work, all kinds of individuals make up the inspection force, some good some bad. The inspector serves at the pleasure of the appointing body either the selectmen or town administrator.

In the case of your beam, only three plans are required y code.. yes you would have to have the beam engineered, if LVL the lumber yard can send out specs and have the beam information sheet stamped, usually no charge, or with steel, places like National lumber (I have no afliation) do it for small fee.

Ed
ed morini is offline   Reply With Quote