Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 08-20-2016, 05:56 PM   #1
scottw

Optics

let's see...

the leader and the nominee from the party of the down trodden and poor and those suffering from the growing unfairness from the great income inequality crisis.... are golfing, partying, getting Botox and rubbing elbows with the Richie Riches and Hoity-Toities in Nantucket and Martha's Vineyard...probably eating and drinking some pretty fabulous and expensive stuff too...

the nominee from the party of hate and the filthy rich and...well....you know the list...is handing out supplies to the victims of a natural disaster

Last edited by scottw; 08-21-2016 at 03:04 AM..
Old 08-20-2016, 07:17 PM   #2
ecduzitgood
time to go

How much is the Clinton Foundation giving the folks who lost everything in the Louisiana floods or the California wild fires?
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 08-20-2016, 07:28 PM   #3
scottw

don't know but apparently a bunch of voters from the democrat party of love were beating up old ladies and spitting on attendees and spray painting grafitti on the convention center walls outside a Trump fund raiser last night....maybe Hillary will create some jobs for them
Old 08-21-2016, 07:47 AM   #4
spence

Actually, the Louisiana Governor asked POTUS to stay clear for a bit and let the first responders do their jobs...not fly in and hand out a package for a PR stunt.

Like you said, Optics.
Old 08-21-2016, 08:41 AM   #5
PaulS

Actually kudos to Trump for going. I'm sure it was decided he would go in one of the last daily strategy sessions between Putin and Manifort before he was was fired.
Old 08-21-2016, 08:52 AM   #6
Fly Rod

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
Actually, the Louisiana Governor asked POTUS to stay clear for a bit and let the first responders do their jobs...not fly in and hand out a package for a PR stunt.

Like you said, Optics.
It will B a PR Stunt...fly in cameras clicking, tell people there will B help....still not rebuilt from katrina.....jersey shores still not rebuilt......fema only gives out low interest loans to people as a 2nd mortgage that most can not afford....send in the Sea Bees and make mandatory building heights from the ground to at least 12 feet in louisiana....

"When its not about money,it's all about money."...
Old 08-21-2016, 09:48 AM   #7
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post

Actually kudos to Trump for going.

Posted from my iPhone/Mob
ile device
indeed...it made many people very happy...he might be more popular than the Governor there now
Old 08-21-2016, 11:10 AM   #8
scottw

http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/...t-as-photo-opp

sounds like the Governor is happy Trump came Obama and Hillary were too busy hobnobbing with the Rich and Famous

"Louisiana Gov. John Bel Edwards (D) said Sunday that Donald Trump has helped draw attention to recovery efforts after the recent devastating floods in his state.

In an interview on CNN's "State of the Union," the governor downplayed critical remarks he made before the Republican presidential nominee visited his state.

"I didn't dismiss his trip as a photo-op. Before he came down, I said we welcome him here, we want him to be helpful," Edwards said. "And we hope that it doesn't turn into a mere photo-op."
Edwards said Trump's visit to the state was positive for Louisiana.

"Because it helped to shine a spotlight on Louisiana and on the dire situation that we have here, that it was helpful," he said.

"I also appreciated the good phone call, the conversation that I had with Gov. [Mike] Pence [R-Ind.], who was sincere and genuine when he called, and we spoke for a long time on Friday morning about their desire to be helpful," he said about Trump's running mate."
Old 08-21-2016, 12:35 PM   #9
JohnR
Certifiable Intertidal Anguiologist

Hey - props to the Cajun Navy for going and helping those in need.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
Actually kudos to Trump for going. I'm sure it was decided he would go in one of the last daily strategy sessions between Putin and Manifort before he was was fired.
- Really - that was funny - no sarcasm

~Fix the Bait~ ~Pogies Forever~

Striped Bass Fishing - All Stripers

Kobayashi Maru Election - there is no way to win.

Apocalypse is Coming:
Old 08-22-2016, 05:32 AM   #10
scottw

Obama is still playing through and Hillary posted her condolences and support for all of the little people via Facebook while at a $100,000 a plate fundraiser hosted by the de Rothchilds....

can't make this stuff up....
Old 08-22-2016, 05:33 AM   #11
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnR View Post

- Really - that was funny - no sarcasm
maybe he can get a job with Wasserman
Old 08-22-2016, 07:03 AM   #12
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
Obama is still playing through and Hillary posted her condolences and support for all of the little people via Facebook while at a $100,000 a plate fundraiser hosted by the de Rothchilds....

can't make this stuff up....
Sounds like money well spent...

They could have just frivolously pissed it away replacing people's flood ravaged homes

"If you're arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing."