Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 08-08-2019, 02:33 PM   #61
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
So you will be one of those who makes their $ here in the NE and leaves for the lower taxed states. You enjoyed the higher salary and better school associated with the NE.
and paid the higher taxes and supported his community...what is he a friggin' prisoner?
Old 08-08-2019, 02:34 PM   #62
PaulS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
the average salary in CT has nothing to do with state politics. it’s because we have close beachfront to manhattan.

Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
It is a combo of state politics where we have decided to elect people who are willing to tax the residents more which allows the state to put more $ into schools, which turns out a more educated workforce which attracts companies who will pay more in salary for that educated pop.

And we have beachfront and are close to Manh.

There is a pretty good correlation bt blue/red politics, quality of schools and average income.
Old 08-08-2019, 02:36 PM   #63
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dad Fisherman View Post
That’s where my daughter just graduated from, beautiful school. Loved the area, loved the people, and loved the BBQ. She loved it down there.

If your daughter has any questions about the place, send me a PM, I’ll see if my daughter can answer them for her.
she's a junior this fall...appreciate that very much...SODA CITY!!
Old 08-08-2019, 02:50 PM   #64
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Quote:
So you will be one of those who makes their $ here in the NE and leaves for the lower taxed states. You enjoyed the higher salary and better school associated with the NE.
Am I supposed to feel guilty or something

"If you're arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing."
Old 08-08-2019, 02:58 PM   #65
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
and paid the higher taxes and supported his community...what is he a friggin' prisoner?
And still am and still will be paying them for at least the next 5-10 years, and my kids have been out of the school system for 5 years.

I’m going to where I can stretch my fixed income farther. I want to dine on only the finest moist cat food.

"If you're arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing."
Old 08-08-2019, 03:11 PM   #66
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
Depending on income the variation in the effective federal tax rate for individuals could very well be negligible. The big factor here you're omitting is that the states targeted by the GOP tax plan have significantly more wealthy people who pay a lot more in taxes. So the low tax states aren't subsidizing the high tax states, it's actually the other way around.
“could very well be negligible”

5 minutes ago it made absolutely no sense at all. are you saying that now my logic makes sense, but the impact may be negligible?

now youre saying that wealthy people pay more taxes, and are subsidizing the rest of us? careful, you’ll get kicked out of the democratic party for saying that the wealthy pay a disproportionate share of federal income tax!

my point, which you confirmed, is that before the SALT cap, high state taxes in some states, requires subsidies in low tax states. we can debate whether or
not the effect is significant, but the effect is real.

i paid 3,000 more in federal income tax thanks to the salt cap. many people are actually leaving high tax states thanks to that cap, so it’s not negligible.
Old 08-08-2019, 04:09 PM   #67
PaulS

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dad Fisherman View Post
Am I supposed to feel guilty or something
not guilty. That's just the facts people make money in the Northeast and then they retire to the warmer lower taxed south.
Old 08-08-2019, 04:11 PM   #68
PaulS

Video was just released showing Trump at the hospital bragging about his crowds at an earlier El Paso rally. This is the one he still owes El Paso $500,000 for. All the patients in the hospital declined to meet with him and they had to bring two released patients back to meet with him. Including the young baby whose parents both died. One doctor described Trump is showing a complete lack of empathy. Yes, greatest president ever.
Old 08-08-2019, 04:32 PM   #69
spence

Quote:
Video was just released showing Trump at the hospital bragging about his crowds at an earlier El Paso rally. This is the one he still owes El Paso $500,000 for. All the patients in the hospital declined to meet with him and they had to bring two released patients back to meet with him. Including the young baby whose parents both died. One doctor described Trump is showing a complete lack of empathy. Yes, greatest president ever.
Chris doesn’t care, he’s got his straws to grasp.
Old 08-08-2019, 04:57 PM   #70
Sea Dangles

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
Chris doesn’t care, he’s got his straws to grasp.
The straws you told me about 2 weeks ago Jeff? You are more of a sucker than you care to admit. You took the 🧀. Enjoy

PRO CHOICE REPUBLICAN
Old 08-08-2019, 05:18 PM   #71
Sea Dangles

Quote:
not guilty. That's just the facts people make money in the Northeast and then they retire to the warmer lower taxed south.
A wealth of information here. Pay attention

PRO CHOICE REPUBLICAN