Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Main Forum » Kayaking

Kayaking After the frequent attempts at Bribery, beatings, and simply getting towed at Sunrise - S-B opens the Kayak Forums Also see http://www.ultimatekayakfishing.com

Old 08-21-2011, 05:10 AM   #1
Tagger
Hydro Orientated Lures

Next Saturday night

High tides around 10:38 off of Hull ,,, Weather permitting anyone want to try a night yak trip.. Either put in around Hull gut and go right or right at Nantasket beach and go right ..

Belcher Goonfoock (retired)
(dob 4-21-07)
Tagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 08:36 AM   #2
BigFish
BigFish Bait Co.

Send a message via AIM to BigFish
I might be in Ed!

Almost time to get our fish on!!!
BigFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 09:03 AM   #3
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

I might be in for this one too....let me check w/ the boss

"If you're arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing."
The Dad Fisherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 10:00 AM   #4
Tagger
Hydro Orientated Lures

I'm pretty comfortable with the yak now and want to try nights ... far away from Chatham though ...

(dob 4-21-07)
Old 08-21-2011, 03:04 PM   #5
ecduzitgood
time to go

I worked over night security all weekend in Gloucester and have earned some fishing time and am going sooner, maybe Scorton creek for an over night with some eels. I am going to check the weather and if it looks like there is a window I am heading to J&J (Brockton) to get some eels this afternoon. I just got a smart phone and have Navionics installed so my fear of fog and no compass/GPS is a thing of the past. I still haven't rigged up my anchor trolley and I am waiting for my battery and waterproof connectors to come in for the livewell; but that isn't mandatory for me to fish...SOON.
Livewell.jpgTake note of the adjustable timer (30 seconds on up to 5 mins. off, or continuous to save battery life)

Livewell2.jpg The darkness on the right side is just a reflection due to the glossiness of the etex I used to seal the plywood.

Livewell3.jpg
Anyone??? I just need an excuse to hit the water soonboy am I jonesing for something to tug on my rod

Last edited by ecduzitgood; 08-21-2011 at 03:13 PM..
ecduzitgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 08:20 PM   #6
Tagger
Hydro Orientated Lures

so that's 4 maybe .... Eddie . You getting good eels over there . I got into a little jam there years ago .. He has nice eels in the tanks in the garage the kid let me into .... shoe strings in the store .. Have things changed ? He wouldn't let me at the grade A . Mike has good eels .

(dob 4-21-07)
Old 08-21-2011, 09:40 PM   #7
ecduzitgood
time to go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tagger View Post
so that's 4 maybe .... Eddie . You getting good eels over there . I got into a little jam there years ago .. He has nice eels in the tanks in the garage the kid let me into .... shoe strings in the store .. Have things changed ? He wouldn't let me at the grade A . Mike has good eels .

Same here, it's got to be the kid, the older guy doesn't seem to want the business even when I have offered more per eel for the snakes. I only go there because I can get them and bring them home, they will keep till I head out (closest to home for live eels). When they are shoestrings and it's not the kid I look them over and if I can't chose the ones I want I tell him "thanks but I'm going to pass" and leave without buying a thing. I used to get my Mac flats there when I did more bait fishing.
I can never get them just before I want to fish (no midnight-3am eels any where ;( ). The kid told me the best deal is to have a commercial license and they'll sell them in bulk. I miss the days of a shop being open when I'm heading out.
Mike gets 90% of my plug purchases and I would buy eels there also but he isn't open when I leave to go fishing, he gets the plug business because he is open when I am heading home.
Last year I only fished eels a few times because I found plugs more productive, it's the yak that makes me want to try them again (lazy fishing ). I have a couple of riggies from last season I will use till I get some new snakes to rig.
I even asked the older guy about buying the big eels that have died for more than the live ones and he says no, I pretty much no when I get there if it's not the kid I am probably not spending any money there.
I may have look into catching my own so I can get the ones I need for skins.
I might even consider a purchase with the smaller eels mixed in since casting them won't be an issue from the yak.
I am really suffering a little withdrawl, I have only fished once the day after the trip to Hull (boy that was a great time, I highly recommend scrambles). The posting I did today shows my level of sanity
ecduzitgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 04:03 AM   #8
Tagger
Hydro Orientated Lures

I just stopped going there completely ,, Haven't been there in years and it's right around the corner. If he doesn't want my business ,nothing I can do about it ,.

(dob 4-21-07)
Old 08-22-2011, 04:55 AM   #9
BigFish
BigFish Bait Co.

Stop at Belsan's on the way Ed....Pete will let you pick your ammo!

Old 08-22-2011, 06:48 AM   #10
fishbones

I won't go to J&J anymore either. Last year the guy tried to sneak a dead eel into my bucket. The place I usually go lets me pick them and also charges 2 bucks a pound less than J&J.

Ed, if you're ever in a bind and need eels, contact me. I usually have plenty at my house and I've been getting good size ones lately.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
fishbones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 08:00 AM   #11
rickhern

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecduzitgood View Post
Same here, it's got to be the kid, the older guy doesn't seem to want the business even when I have offered more per eel for the snakes. I only go there because I can get them and bring them home, they will keep till I head out (closest to home for live eels). When they are shoestrings and it's not the kid I look them over and if I can't chose the ones I want I tell him "thanks but I'm going to pass" and leave without buying a thing. I used to get my Mac flats there when I did more bait fishing.
I can never get them just before I want to fish (no midnight-3am eels any where ;( ). The kid told me the best deal is to have a commercial license and they'll sell them in bulk. I miss the days of a shop being open when I'm heading out.
Mike gets 90% of my plug purchases and I would buy eels there also but he isn't open when I leave to go fishing, he gets the plug business because he is open when I am heading home.
Last year I only fished eels a few times because I found plugs more productive, it's the yak that makes me want to try them again (lazy fishing ). I have a couple of riggies from last season I will use till I get some new snakes to rig.
I even asked the older guy about buying the big eels that have died for more than the live ones and he says no, I pretty much no when I get there if it's not the kid I am probably not spending any money there.
I may have look into catching my own so I can get the ones I need for skins.
I might even consider a purchase with the smaller eels mixed in since casting them won't be an issue from the yak.
I am really suffering a little withdrawl, I have only fished once the day after the trip to Hull (boy that was a great time, I highly recommend scrambles). The posting I did today shows my level of sanity
I have been buying them commercially there for years with good luck. A few weeks back I called to make sure that they had plenty before heading over and was told yes. I show up an hour or so later and the KID says "Are you the guy that called" Yes. We only have 5#'s left! What?!?!? OK, I'll take them all. He says since it is there last 5# he won't sell them bulk but only individually?!?! When I ask him why he tells me it's because they are worth more to him individually!!! I remind him that I buy 100# a year but he won't budge. I ended up with a dozen and some very choice words for him.
rickhern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 03:52 PM   #12
Tagger
Hydro Orientated Lures

looks like some nasty weather coming .... hurricane ?

(dob 4-21-07)
Old 08-23-2011, 07:46 PM   #13
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Noticing that....something to watch.

Going out Thursday Morning for a few....hopefully the weathercoperates for that

"If you're arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing."
The Dad Fisherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 07:58 PM   #14
BigFish
BigFish Bait Co.

Water will be quite rough at the least. I am bailing and hitting freshwater Saturday am Ed if you or anyone else would like to join me?