Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » The Scuppers

The Scuppers This is a new forum for the not necessarily fishing related topics...

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-18-2009, 04:37 PM   #1
Mr. Sandman

Island cops

This time of year they import a ton of cops here...waaaay more cops per person than in the real world....anyway, I am crusin' in my vehicle (front cooler...rods on roof vehicle stuffed to the gills with fishing gear, etc) down a road that goes fro 40 to 25 mph...and right at the 25 mph sign he jumps out with and points a radar gun at me, he kind of frighten me...I though WTF? (I thought he was going to shoot me!) So I did what any island guy would do ... I pulled out my gun and shot him first just to be safe!
No, he got me at 42 mph as I crossed over into the 25mph zone. He signals me over and I obey. He tells me what transpired and looks at my lic and reg. Comes back to my car and says...I know your out here chasing fish and I will give you a warning on the speeding (a $175) fine but I have to give you a $25 fine for not wearing a seat belt. (I normally always wear a seat belt when I am on the mainland, all the time, but I normally tend to wait until my vehicle complains a couple times to put one on here and I was in a be-line to my boat and I wasn't thinking) Then he asks about the fishing and how have I been catching them. You gotta love it. Everyone talks fishing here...even the cops that are brought in to fine us. (First violation for me in 31 years...besides parking, I got one in RI about 10 years ago but beat that in court)
Mr. Sandman is offline   Reply With Quote