Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » The Scuppers

The Scuppers This is a new forum for the not necessarily fishing related topics...

Closed Thread

Old 07-16-2006, 09:10 PM   #151
stormfish

The world is nuts!

Well, Isreal launch a series of attacks which were targeted the Hezbullah Group if I'm correct which killed many civilians and about 12 Isrealians solidiers lost for the cause of 2 soldiers being kidnapped. All in all I guess it's a fair trade off the way the world is.

Bush "supports" Isreal's actions because his all about anti-terrorism. Bottomline, I believe whatever the Jews want Bush will give because they returned him the favor through Jewish operated networks within U.S. media since 9/11.

World War III? Perhaps! It'll be interesting what North Korea is going to do and how is China going to react. OMG, not only do we have to worry about terrorism, but also commies!

Last edited by stormfish; 07-16-2006 at 11:18 PM..

fish when you can is the way I do it man
Old 07-16-2006, 10:10 PM   #152
JohnR
Certifiable Intertidal Anguiologist

Stormfish - how old are you?

~Fix the Bait~ ~Pogies Forever~

Striped Bass Fishing - All Stripers

Kobayashi Maru Election - there is no way to win.

Apocalypse is Coming:
Old 07-16-2006, 11:06 PM   #153
stormfish

John R... I'm old enough to know what's going on with the world and not to trust everything you see in the news.

Consuming too much time watching the news can influence the mind. I only begin to question accuracy when things don't seem right. But if your mind is influenced how can you distinguish from what is right and wrong?

Old 07-16-2006, 11:24 PM   #154
stormfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skip N
Name of God? Maybe for the screwballs in Hezballa, but for Isreal its to protect thier damn people from slaughter. I guess in your world thats a bad thing? But how by Isreal defending themslelves are they acting in the name of God??

Thats like saying we acted in the name of God when we invaded Afganastan, be we all know it was becuase Al Qeada slaughtered our people, and we went after 'em. Whats the difference in the two? Nothing! Our actions, and Isreals, were taken to protect the people of both countries. Its thats simple. Nothing to do with God, only the Muslim fanatics wage terror for their so called God. You cant compare us to them, your nuts if you think that.
Example... If your cousins committed a crime. Should you and everyone else in your family be sentence to jail? There's no justice for Isreal to murder civilians by air attack.

Last edited by stormfish; 07-16-2006 at 11:59 PM..

Old 07-17-2006, 05:19 AM   #155
JohnR

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormfish
John R... I'm old enough to know what's going on with the world and not to trust everything you see in the news.

Consuming too much time watching the news can influence the mind. I only begin to question accuracy when things don't seem right. But if your mind is influenced how can you distinguish from what is right and wrong?
I'll ask one last time - how old are you?

Apocalypse is Coming:
Old 07-17-2006, 07:14 AM   #156
Skitterpop

Quote:
Name of God? Maybe for the screwballs in Hezballa, but for Isreal its to protect thier damn people from slaughter. I guess in your world thats a bad thing? But how by Isreal defending themslelves are they acting in the name of God??

Thats like saying we acted in the name of God when we invaded Afganastan, be we all know it was becuase Al Qeada slaughtered our people, and we went after 'em. Whats the difference in the two? Nothing! Our actions, and Isreals, were taken to protect the people of both countries. Its thats simple. Nothing to do with God, only the Muslim fanatics wage terror for their so called God. You cant compare us to them, your nuts if you think that.
Skip ... did you read Homeruns post?

Good health and family
Old 07-17-2006, 09:02 AM   #157
NaCl H2O

Not to side track the discussion, but Drudge is carrying a link to a Pakistani website which has an interesting quote from President Clinton made back in 2002. I wonder if he's dusted off his M-16 yet?

By Khalid Hasan

WASHINGTON: Former US President Bill Clinton who many Arab thoughts was more even-handed on the Palestine question than his predecessors shocked many when he asserted in Toronto last week that had Israel been attacked by Iraq or Iran during his presidency, he would have been ready to “grab a rifle, get in a ditch and fight and die.”

“The Israelis know that if the Iraqi or the Iranian army came across the Jordan River, I would personally grab a rifle, get in a ditch, and fight and die,” Clinton told the crowd at a fund-raising event for a Toronto Jewish charity Monday.

http://www.dailytimes.com.pk/print.a...4-8-2002_pg1_6
Old 07-17-2006, 09:11 AM   #158
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaCl H2O
Not to side track the discussion, but Drudge is carrying a link to a Pakistani website which has an interesting quote from President Clinton made back in 2002. I wonder if he's dusted off his M-16 yet?
Well, to be fair to Bill I don't think what we're seeing today is in same context he was talking about...

Iran has been helping terrorists strike Israel for some time, this is nothing all that new. And I'd love to see some independent analysis of the situation to ensure Israel isn't looking for their own "Gulf of Tonkin" incident...that story didn't seem to have the legs it appeared to on first glance.

The big looser in all of this is Lebanon, they have been making great strides towards Democracy and normalization with the West and this is really going to set things back.

What Israel is asking for, the Lebanese Government simply can't deliver on...and they know it.

This would be a great opportunity for the World to back the Lebanese PM and push off Syrian and Iranian interests.

I wonder if any of the Beriut Starbucks have been hit?

-spence
Old 07-17-2006, 09:22 AM   #159
chris L

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homerun04
can you imagine what He/She must be thinking now........

" If i didnt have it removed I could win this pissing contest ."
Old 07-17-2006, 09:26 AM   #160
Skip N

Quote:
Example... If your cousins committed a crime. Should you and everyone else in your family be sentence to jail? There's no justice for Isreal to murder civilians by air attack.
Israel attacks militay targets, Hezbalah goes after civilians only. You do realize this right?
Old 07-17-2006, 09:29 AM   #161
Skip N

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence
I wonder if any of the Beriut Starbucks have been hit?

-spence
If Hezbalah frequents those Starucks, i hope they've been wiped out.
Old 07-17-2006, 09:33 AM   #162
likwid
lobster = striper bait

Send a message via AIM to likwid
hezbollah....

Ski Quicks Hole
Old 07-17-2006, 09:35 AM   #163
spence

Quote:
Israel attacks militay targets, Hezbalah goes after civilians only. You do realize this right?
No, that's not a fair assessment.

-spence
Old 07-17-2006, 09:38 AM   #164
Skitterpop

Quote:
Skip ... this is far from the truth. Did you read about the Canadians or all the civilians dead now? War is hell....its opened up to a fuller scale attack now by both sides.

And....before you ask.... I would fight with the Israels if it comes to that though I expect you to drive us there.

Good health and family
Old 07-17-2006, 09:39 AM   #165
RIJIMMY
sick of bluefish

Quote:
Originally Posted by likwid
hezbollah....
hezbollah, shesbollah, who cares whose bollah it is?
Old 07-17-2006, 09:47 AM   #166
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skitterpop
Skip ... this is far from the truth. Did you read about the Canadians or all the civilians dead now? War is hell....its opened up to a fuller scale attack now by both sides.
This is precisely the problem.

It's not that Israel is accused of intentionally targetting civilians, but rather that they consistantly over apply force causing the civilian deaths regardless.

The incident a few years ago where the IDF shot a live tank round into a peaceful Palestenian demonstration is a perfect example.

One thing I don't think Skippy or a lot like him understand is how much of the problem with terrorisim at the root has to do with humiliation inspired rage, rather than religious fanaticisim...

-spence
Old 07-17-2006, 09:48 AM   #167
Skitterpop

Smo Ahhhhhh Bollah

Good health and family
Old 07-17-2006, 09:48 AM   #168
spence

Quote:
Smo Ahhhhhh Bollah

-spence
Old 07-17-2006, 10:14 AM   #169
Mike P
Jiggin' Leper Lawyer

“The Israelis know that if the Iraqi or the Iranian army came across the Jordan River, I would personally grab a rifle, get in a ditch, and fight and die,” Clinton told the crowd at a fund-raising event for a Toronto Jewish charity Monday.

Wise men speak because they have something to say; Fools, because they have to say something.
Old 07-17-2006, 10:17 AM   #170
spence

You think Clinton was patronizing

-spence
Old 07-17-2006, 10:49 AM   #171
stormfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnR
I'll ask one last time - how old are you?
If it tickles your curiosity that much John, I'm 28. I really appreciate you being the tyrant of this board. You pulled one of my threads out in which I didn't have anything to write or linked anything offensive, educative, yes. I'm starting to realize who you stand for and if anyone has a different opinion than you then you become proactive. For a free speech discussion board, it's not really "free" is it? I guess it's your way or no way. Oh I really like that button you relayed my login link to earlier. If I admit I am one then I ask who isn't?

Back to discussions...
Isreal is taking advantage of the U.S.'s war on Terror by following by example. If Bush condemns Isreal for what they do then the U.S. would be known as a hypocrit. Isreal will always feel pressure from the Muslim world because the country has only existed for 58 years to date. 58 years isn't enough time to earn respect from the Arab world after you take their land and call it yours and bullying your neighbors.

Isreals targeted bombings is as effective as the U.S.'s claim to Weapons of Mass Destruction in Iraq. I think we found a can of Coke which could of contained Anthrax and rigged with a warhead.
Oh btw,
Beginning of Isreals attacks the price on crude went up $2.

Old 07-17-2006, 10:57 AM   #172
spence

Quote:
I really appreciate you being the tyrant of this board.
Well, this ain't no democracy...who do ya think pays the bills?

-spence
Old 07-17-2006, 11:38 AM   #173
Mike P
Jiggin' Leper Lawyer

Quote:
You think Clinton was patronizing

-spence
Naw, not at all

If I were the Israelis, I might take Hillary up on it, if she offered, tho

Wise men speak because they have something to say; Fools, because they have to say something.
Old 07-17-2006, 12:21 PM   #174
Skip N

Quote:

And....before you ask.... I would fight with the Israels if it comes to that though I expect you to drive us there.
Israel does NOT go after civilians as thier primary targets you idiots! Sure civilians are killed by accident and that sucks. But they are NOT the primary targets. Now the other side in this conflict, go after civilians as thier primary targets. You got that now? Or this still hard for you to understand?
Old 07-17-2006, 12:28 PM   #175
Swimmer
Retired Surfer

Clinton grabbing a rifle, hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahaha
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahaha
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahaha

He is starting to believe his own press releases CLINTON
BUFFOON

Swimmer a.k.a. YO YO MA
Serial Mailbox Killer/Seal Fisherman
Old 07-17-2006, 12:29 PM   #176
Skip N

Quote:
Now this is refreshing, finally your coming around
Old 07-17-2006, 12:31 PM   #177
spence

Quote:
Israel does NOT go after civilians as thier primary targets you idiots! Sure civilians are killed by accident and that sucks. But they are NOT the primary targets. Now the other side in this conflict, go after civilians as thier primary targets. You got that now? Or this still hard for you to understand?
Skippy, you're missing the point.

It doesn't matter, who's targeting what.

-spence
Old 07-17-2006, 01:03 PM   #178
JohnR

Quote:
If it tickles your curiosity that much John, I'm 28. I really appreciate you being the tyrant of this board. You pulled one of my threads out in which I didn't have anything to write or linked anything offensive, educative, yes. I'm starting to realize who you stand for and if anyone has a different opinion than you then you become proactive. For a free speech discussion board, it's not really "free" is it? I guess it's your way or no way. Oh I really like that button you relayed my login link to earlier. If I admit I am one then I ask who isn't?
Actually - I asked how old you are because your posts (which seem to have little to with fishing) make you sound like you are a teenager and wanted to make sure (or at least have you say) that you are over 18. And it must have been one of the other tyrants that pulled you post because it wasn't me - however, I'm sure they had valid reason to do so...

And seeing that you don't post much on fishing topics but just sports and political talk I will inform you that most pulled posts are because they degenerated into a pissing contest or because what was posted was just plain wrong or just plain stupid.

In fact, I usually get flamed for not flushing enough crappy posts down the toilet... But believe what you wish (and send the tin foil hat in for a tune up)

And because we are off to such a flowery start here - who do you think I stand for?

Apocalypse is Coming:
Old 07-17-2006, 01:55 PM   #179
stripersnipr

Quote:
Skippy, you're missing the point.

It doesn't matter, who's targeting what.

-spence
Spence I'm sure you want to clarify that statement because it could lead one to assume that it is an attempt at legitmizing the targeting of unmarmed, innocent civilians. (They killed civilians by mistake so it's okay for us to kill them on purpose). Collateral damage which Israel is guilty of is bad enough without the purposeful intent of killing civilians which Hizbollah is guilty of. Thats probably why it's called Terrorism.
Old 07-17-2006, 02:04 PM   #180
chris L

well then dont start flushing them John . I will go from like 5000 posts to 10 .

IM THE COMIC RELIEF !
Closed Thread