Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » The Scuppers

The Scuppers This is a new forum for the not necessarily fishing related topics...

Old 07-22-2006, 09:52 PM   #1
Skitterpop

Iran and Syria Next

What say thee ?

Seems the powers that be are watching concerned but still watching as the smoke and sands blow this way.

Good health and family
Skitterpop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2006, 05:45 AM   #2
spence

I see the same neocon hawks that pushed this country into Iraq and beating the drums of war, more and more loudly.

Is anyone listening? Is there any credibility left?

Is there any scenario that would bring a net gain? I sure as hell can't think of one.

-spence
spence is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2006, 06:31 AM   #3
afterhours
Afterhours Custom Plugs

what's your take on iran developing nuclear tech. if they get it, i think the odds of that region mushrooming are very high. to keep that from happening they must be stopped. don't worry- we won't have to do it- the isrealis will.......again.

www.afterhoursplugs.com

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Afterh...428173?created

Instagram - afterhourscustom

Official S-B.com Sponsor

GAMEFISH NOW

"A GAMEFISH (WHICH STRIPED BASS SHOULD BE) IS TOO VALUABLE TO BE CAUGHT ONLY ONCE"...LEE WULFF
afterhours is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2006, 06:36 AM   #4
Skitterpop

Quote:
Originally Posted by afterhours
what's your take on iran developing nuclear tech. if they get it, i think the odds of that region mushrooming are very high. to keep that from happening they must be stopped. don't worry- we won't have to do it- the isrealis will.......again.

How big of a spook can you make Don? We could send them a few Nuke Spooks

I`m thinking that others are thinking its time to get down to business over there.

Good health and family
Old 07-23-2006, 06:47 AM   #5
Flaptail

Lightbulb

The Israelis have and have had a war plan on the books for years now. If either Iran or Syria sneezes the wrong way and poofs any part of Israel, the Israelis will nuke the piss out of them in a heartbeat and they know it. That's why GW and company are standing back and waiting. They already have a lend/lease agreement with Israel, hell they started shipping munitions to them this week on a as needed basis which is the basic premise of the agreement. FDR did it for England in WWII and GW is using it for Israel.

The Israelis won't take any sh&t for the Arabs and they won't fool around when they decide to act, that's evident in Lebanon right now.

Why even try.........
Flaptail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2006, 08:04 AM   #6
Nebe

yes and just in time for elections.

Flap i think we should run..........far far away.
Nebe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2006, 09:22 AM   #7
Flaptail

Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebe
yes and just in time for elections.

Flap i think we should run..........far far away.
The real problem is not Al-Qaida, Hezbollah. The real problem is China. It won't take long for them to be ready to challenge us and it will start with a scuffle over Taiwan, then Japan and of course North Korea will join the fray.

South America is going red all over and the number one bad guy in thier eyes is us. It's just a matter of time before we go boom in the night. Scary thought and very sobering but the truth is we have alienated ourselves from the world for the most part. We have become Big Brother and the little guys of the world are fed up. We need to have a policy change and an administration change. I never thought it would be such an agonyzingly long wait till 2008. Start digging your backyard bomb shelters and stocking food and water and if you have a son between 3 and 26 years old send him to New Zealand. The draft will come, mark my words. We have become to arrogant.

Why even try.........
Flaptail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2006, 09:48 AM   #8
Nebe

is nomans island a good substitute for NZ??
Nebe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2006, 10:04 AM   #9
Swimmer
Retired Surfer

One has to wonder when the naysayers to GW policies will begin to think that we waited to long to do anything. Whether it is Iraq, Iran, Syria, China, or whatever. I cant think of anytime in recent history at least when talking, diplomacy, resolved anything permanently as far as the UN is concerned in the mideast, or anywhere else. Talking only allows the enemy to resupply.

So what if we go back to the status quo of two months ago. One a week the palestinians bomb a bus stop. The Israelis blow up a car carrying Hamas terrorists(oops politicians) in retaliation. Or as the liberals see it the complete reverse, Israelis first, and Hamas retaliates. How many Israelis will die until the army again invades or bombs southern Lebanon and/or invades Gaza?

What if the Canadians were sending suicide bombers onto the Niagara Falls tourist boats? How long do you think it would be before we should retaliate?

The draft-thats a tough one when the whole world is not at war. I know one thing though. There wont be any Jimmy Carter pardoning all the cowards. Besides I dont think nearly as many will run as did during Vietnam. You guys ought to travel to Moab, Utah. Out there there thier are some people hiding out that never heard of Carters amnesty to the draft dodgers.

Last edited by Swimmer; 07-23-2006 at 10:13 AM..

Swimmer a.k.a. YO YO MA
Serial Mailbox Killer/Seal Fisherman
Swimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2006, 10:22 AM   #10
stripersnipr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebe
is nomans island a good substitute for NZ??
Reminds me of the day two Warthogs took great exception to us fishing within their Nomans exclusion zone. It had to be about the scariest thing I've ever seen. They performed a perfect two plane strafe run on our little boat and did everything short of pulling the trigger. As we ran like Hell towards the Vineyard they did open fire on the beach and it was a sound I'll never forget. Great fishing up until that point.
stripersnipr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2006, 11:37 AM   #11
Skitterpop

Quote:
Originally Posted by stripersnipr
Reminds me of the day two Warthogs took great exception to us fishing within their Nomans exclusion zone. It had to be about the scariest thing I've ever seen. They performed a perfect two plane strafe run on our little boat and did everything short of pulling the trigger. As we ran like Hell towards the Vineyard they did open fire on the beach and it was a sound I'll never forget. Great fishing up until that point.
World War Two ?

Good health and family
Old 07-23-2006, 01:11 PM   #12
stripersnipr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skitterpop
World War Two ?
Nope think it was around 1994-1995.
Old 07-23-2006, 01:35 PM   #13
Skitterpop

you are talking real bullets from twins on a private plane on Naushon?

Good health and family
Old 07-24-2006, 08:07 AM   #14
likwid
lobster = striper bait

Send a message via AIM to likwid
Quote:
What say thee ?

Seems the powers that be are watching concerned but still watching as the smoke and sands blow this way.
What? Your taxes aren't high enough as it is?

Ski Quicks Hole
likwid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2006, 08:31 AM   #15
JohnR
Certifiable Intertidal Anguiologist

Quote:
you are talking real bullets from twins on a private plane on Naushon?
I think he is referring to two A-10 "Hogs" using the range at Noman's south of MV. The "Warthog" is a close support aircraft that can dish out (and take) a lot of damage. Not fast and sexy but slow and ugly. So slow, in fact, that they often take their bird strikes in the rear

Stripersnpr - looks like they would have been sniping some stripers had you not moved - in fact, you probably cost the tax payers 3 grand in gas for them to go around

I was buzzed once before by Luftwaffe Tornados and Phantoms when I was in Germany. Certainly got your attention

~Fix the Bait~ ~Pogies Forever~

Striped Bass Fishing - All Stripers

Kobayashi Maru Election - there is no way to win.

Apocalypse is Coming:
JohnR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2006, 08:34 AM   #16
Skitterpop

Quote:
Originally Posted by likwid
What? Your taxes aren't high enough as it is?

I`m not saying lets go... Only wondering if it will come to this. Are you related to Skip?

Good health and family
Old 07-24-2006, 08:56 AM   #17
stripersnipr

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnR
I think he is referring to two A-10 "Hogs" using the range at Noman's south of MV. The "Warthog" is a close support aircraft that can dish out (and take) a lot of damage. Not fast and sexy but slow and ugly. So slow, in fact, that they often take their bird strikes in the rear

Stripersnpr - looks like they would have been sniping some stripers had you not moved - in fact, you probably cost the tax payers 3 grand in gas for them to go around

I was buzzed once before by Luftwaffe Tornados and Phantoms when I was in Germany. Certainly got your attention
Thats exactly it John. When the first A-10 came by waving his wings in a non-threatening way I asked my father if they were telling us to leave. He said "no, you'll know if they want us to leave". He was right.
Old 07-24-2006, 10:47 AM   #18
NaCl H2O

Who would be left to oppose western economic interests in the middle east after Iran and Syria were deposed? Can you imagine a scenario where China and Russa would go along with such a plan? Getting a little parinoid I guess.
NaCl H2O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2006, 11:11 AM   #19
likwid
lobster = striper bait

China isn't very happy with our actions in central asia right now as it is.

I'm sure they'll say something sooner or later.

Ski Quicks Hole
Old 07-24-2006, 11:38 AM   #20
JohnR
Certifiable Intertidal Anguiologist

China and Russia just love being a counterweight when and where possible to the US

~Fix the Bait~ ~Pogies Forever~

Striped Bass Fishing - All Stripers

Kobayashi Maru Election - there is no way to win.

Apocalypse is Coming:
JohnR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2006, 11:45 AM   #21
likwid
lobster = striper bait

Well the current situation in central asia with both China and Russia having more of a pull to the natural gas and oil reserves there are gonna force us into a situation where we're gonna have to decide whats more important: 'democratizing' the middle east or accepting what they are.

The latter is more likely to have to happen considering a majority of the countries with gas and oil are infact muslim and it'll be necessary to stop making ourselves look totally ignorant to the region.

Ski Quicks Hole
Old 07-24-2006, 03:27 PM   #22
justplugit
Registered Grandpa

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnR
Oh yeah John, "Warthogs", the flying bathtubs, you don't want to be on the business end of it. Like you say "close support" Nose mounted gatlig gun fires 30mm rounds close to 4000 per minute,fires Sidewinder and Maverick missels. Flys over 400mph but can fight, manuver and turn on a dime at 150.

Ya don't want to see them comin at ya flyin 300 ft over a tree line.

" Choose Life "
justplugit is offline   Reply With Quote