Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » The Scuppers

The Scuppers This is a new forum for the not necessarily fishing related topics...

Old 08-29-2006, 12:10 PM   #1
Nebe

bush's speach...

wow- i feel like i am watching a 3rd grader giving an oral report of his summer reading

how much longer do we have with this tool????? cross larry the cable guy with curious george and a pinch of john wayne and what do you get???
Nebe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2006, 01:20 PM   #2
pal156

git er done pilgrim

pal156 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2006, 01:47 PM   #3
stripersnipr

He's got to dumb it down so Liberals understand it.
stripersnipr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2006, 02:11 PM   #4
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by stripersnipr
I'm sure your intended irony is in the non sequitur.

-spence
spence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2006, 02:28 PM   #5
NaCl H2O

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebe
wow- i feel like i am watching a 3rd grader giving an oral report of his summer reading

how much longer do we have with this tool????? cross larry the cable guy with curious george and a pinch of john wayne and what do you get???
He's a damn sight better than the traitor.
NaCl H2O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2006, 02:31 PM   #6
MartinD18

Right, not a traitor. Just a draft dodger.
MartinD18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2006, 02:40 PM   #7
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartinD18
Right, not a traitor. Just a draft dodger.
Yea, what was Clinton thinking...he should have just filed for 5 deferments due to other priorities

-spence
Old 08-29-2006, 04:32 PM   #8
BigFish
BigFish Bait Co.

Send a message via AIM to BigFish
Louisiana would not have to wait for "the saints to come marchin in" if'n the Texas tool had the friggin National Gaurd down there for the past year doing what they are supposed to do!

Almost time to get our fish on!!!
BigFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2006, 05:12 PM   #9
missing link

Quote:
PISSA that say's it all
ML SR

" Happy as a clam at high tide "
missing link is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2006, 05:36 PM   #10
Skitterpop

Quote:

Now thats funny though absurd

Good health and family
Skitterpop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2006, 05:39 PM   #11
stripersnipr

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFish
Louisiana would not have to wait for "the saints to come marchin in" if'n the Texas tool had the friggin National Gaurd down there for the past year doing what they are supposed to do!
So its the Presidents job to deploy the Louisiana National Guard to Lousiana?
Old 08-29-2006, 05:44 PM   #12
MakoMike

Quote:
Calling out the nantional guard for local problems is the perogative of the state's governor, not the Pres.

****MakoMike****

Http://www.Makomania.net

Official S-B Sponsor
MakoMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2006, 05:54 PM   #13
Nebe

the true irony is that none of the bush whackers noticed that i miss-spelled "speech"

in all honesty, One of the sad reasons he is in power is a result of the wealthy elite's wishes of dumbing down the american masses by constant cuts in funding our nation's public schools- the result is a country full of gullible god/terrorist fearing sheeple- And to add insult to injury by putting lipstick on the pig so to speak, Bush created the no child left behind act because things have gotten so bad.. However, nobody asks why the american public schools are going down the toilet.

the fortunate ones who have had the luxury of a quality education are either really upset at what is going on, or are making so much $$$ they want it to keep going on.
Old 08-29-2006, 05:58 PM   #14
BigFish
BigFish Bait Co.

Send a message via AIM to BigFish
My point is that whenever there is a crisis somewhere in the world......earthquake, Tsunami, what ever......the US is right there with aid, money and all kinds of help within hours!!!! We had Katrina devastate Louisiana, right here in our own country and we can't even get water to those in need there much less the kind of help we give to other countries!!!!!!!!!! I blame the President for that!!! The Governor of Louisiana begged for help and it fell on deaf ears....and people died!

Almost time to get our fish on!!!
BigFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2006, 07:08 PM   #15
Raven

Talking texas tool

great name..... he's a man of god

Raven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2006, 07:12 PM   #16
Skitterpop

If you believe in George W. that says it all....end of story.

The guy is a more than stupid figurehead for a more than corrupt power corporation group.... If you can`t see it you`re not worth talking to.

Good health and family
Old 08-29-2006, 07:53 PM   #17
stripersnipr

Quote:
My point is that whenever there is a crisis somewhere in the world......earthquake, Tsunami, what ever......the US is right there with aid, money and all kinds of help within hours!!!! We had Katrina devastate Louisiana, right here in our own country and we can't even get water to those in need there much less the kind of help we give to other countries!!!!!!!!!! I blame the President for that!!! The Governor of Louisiana begged for help and it fell on deaf ears....and people died!
I found the misspelling of "Speach" to be pretty insignifigant in the realm of the subject and not worthy of correction. No doubt the escalation of the disaster after the Levee failure (and no Bush didn't blow them up) showed defeciencies in all levels of Government from local to federal. But any way you look at it Blanco has as much blood on her hands as anyone else, (except for School Bus Nagin).
Old 08-29-2006, 08:00 PM   #18
stripersnipr

Quote:
the true irony is that none of the bush whackers noticed that i miss-spelled "speech"

in all honesty, One of the sad reasons he is in power is a result of the wealthy elite's wishes of dumbing down the american masses by constant cuts in funding our nation's public schools- the result is a country full of gullible god/terrorist fearing sheeple- And to add insult to injury by putting lipstick on the pig so to speak, Bush created the no child left behind act because things have gotten so bad.. However, nobody asks why the american public schools are going down the toilet.

the fortunate ones who have had the luxury of a quality education are either really upset at what is going on, or are making so much $$$ they want it to keep going on.
Title I aid to local school districts. Increased by $1 billion, from $11.35 billion proposed for FY 2003 to $12.35 billion for FY 2004. Title I provides federal aid to disadvantaged schools and students, with significant flexibility for local school officials to decide how funds are spent. When the President’s FY 2003 request for Title I is enacted, federal Title I funding will have received a larger increase during the first two years of President George W. Bush’s administration than during the previous seven years combined under President Bill Clinton. The President’s FY 2004 Budget adds $1 billion on top of that for Title I.

Reading First. Increased by $75 million, from $1.075 billion proposed for FY 2003 to $1.150 billion for FY 2004. President Bush’s Reading First initiative, created by the No Child Left Behind Act, tripled federal funding for reading programs and awards grants to states and school districts that use proven reading instruction methods rooted in scientifically-based research. In his original NCLB blueprint, the President committed to providing $5 billion for Reading First over a 5-year period. The President’s FY 2004 Budget keeps the federal government on track toward meeting that goal.

Early Reading First. Increased by $25 million, or 33 percent. Early Reading First is the preschool component of the Reading First initiative.

Transition to Teaching. Increased by $10 million, from $39.4 million proposed for FY 2003 to $49.4 million for FY 2004.

Troops to Teachers. Increased by $5 million, from $20 million proposed for FY 2003 to $25 million for FY 2004.

State Assessments. Increased by $3 million, from $387 million proposed for FY 2003 to $390 million for FY 2004. Hundreds of millions of federal dollars have been provided to states annually to help them design and implement their annual statewide tests in reading and math in grades 3-8. The President’s FY 2004 Budget provides even more.

Charter School Grants. Increased by $20 million, from $200 million proposed for FY 2003 to $220 million for FY 2004. This program increases public school choice options by supporting the planning, development, and initial implementation of public charter schools across the nation.

Choice Incentive Fund. Increased by $25 million, from $50 million proposed for FY 2003 to $75 million for FY 2004. This proposed initiative would provide the parents of children who attend underachieving schools with expanded opportunities for transferring their children to a higher-performing public, charter, or private school.
Old 08-29-2006, 08:08 PM   #19
stripersnipr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skitterpop
If you believe in George W. that says it all....end of story.

The guy is a more than stupid figurehead for a more than corrupt power corporation group.... If you can`t see it you`re not worth talking to.
Don't confuse believeing in Bush with totally disbelieving the alternative.
Old 08-29-2006, 08:16 PM   #20
spence

Quote:
Don't confuse believeing in Bush with totally disbelieving the alternative.
So what exactly would that be?

-spence
Old 08-30-2006, 02:01 AM   #21
Skitterpop

. . .

Good health and family
Old 08-30-2006, 05:12 AM   #22
NaCl H2O

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence
So what exactly would that be?

-spence
Hanoi John.
Old 08-30-2006, 05:52 AM   #23
NaCl H2O

Quote:
Nice try
Old 08-30-2006, 06:03 AM   #24
JohnR
Certifiable Intertidal Anguiologist

Quote:
Title I aid to local school districts. Increased by $1 billion, from $11.35 billion proposed for FY 2003 to $12.35 billion for FY 2004. Title I provides federal aid to disadvantaged schools and students, with significant flexibility for local school officials to decide how funds are spent. When the President’s FY 2003 request for Title I is enacted, federal Title I funding will have received a larger increase during the first two years of President George W. Bush’s administration than during the previous seven years combined under President Bill Clinton. The President’s FY 2004 Budget adds $1 billion on top of that for Title I.

Reading First. Increased by $75 million, from $1.075 billion proposed for FY 2003 to $1.150 billion for FY 2004. President Bush’s Reading First initiative, created by the No Child Left Behind Act, tripled federal funding for reading programs and awards grants to states and school districts that use proven reading instruction methods rooted in scientifically-based research. In his original NCLB blueprint, the President committed to providing $5 billion for Reading First over a 5-year period. The President’s FY 2004 Budget keeps the federal government on track toward meeting that goal.

Early Reading First. Increased by $25 million, or 33 percent. Early Reading First is the preschool component of the Reading First initiative.

Transition to Teaching. Increased by $10 million, from $39.4 million proposed for FY 2003 to $49.4 million for FY 2004.

Troops to Teachers. Increased by $5 million, from $20 million proposed for FY 2003 to $25 million for FY 2004.

State Assessments. Increased by $3 million, from $387 million proposed for FY 2003 to $390 million for FY 2004. Hundreds of millions of federal dollars have been provided to states annually to help them design and implement their annual statewide tests in reading and math in grades 3-8. The President’s FY 2004 Budget provides even more.

Charter School Grants. Increased by $20 million, from $200 million proposed for FY 2003 to $220 million for FY 2004. This program increases public school choice options by supporting the planning, development, and initial implementation of public charter schools across the nation.

Choice Incentive Fund. Increased by $25 million, from $50 million proposed for FY 2003 to $75 million for FY 2004. This proposed initiative would provide the parents of children who attend underachieving schools with expanded opportunities for transferring their children to a higher-performing public, charter, or private school.

And many of these programs (and others) have now been cur significantly or eliminated all together for 2005 and 2006 and proposed for 2007.

~Fix the Bait~ ~Pogies Forever~

Striped Bass Fishing - All Stripers

Kobayashi Maru Election - there is no way to win.

Apocalypse is Coming:
JohnR is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2006, 06:22 AM   #25
Skitterpop

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnR
And many of these programs (and others) have now been cur significantly or eliminated all together for 2005 and 2006 and proposed for 2007.
The Kings invisible clothes

Good health and family
Old 08-30-2006, 07:50 AM   #26
Nebe

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnR

thankyou
Old 08-30-2006, 07:53 AM   #27
sokinwet

What I find truly encouraging is that 4 years ago you would never find a negative word about GB on any fishing or hunting forum as sportsmen tend to be a conservative group. Perhaps people are finally seeing through the spin and hype to look at the substance.
sokinwet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2006, 07:59 AM   #28
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by sokinwet
What I find truly encouraging is that 4 years ago you would never find a negative word about GB on any fishing or hunting forum as sportsmen tend to be a conservative group. Perhaps people are finally seeing through the spin and hype to look at the substance.
That's because most genuine people are willing to accept that performance and honesty are simply more important than idiology in the end...

-spence
Old 08-30-2006, 08:12 AM   #29
mekcotuit

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence
That's because most genuine people are willing to accept that performance and honesty are simply more important than idiology in the end...

-spence
Spence ! - a new Bushie adjective = idiology:derived from idiot...

"Many go fishing all their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after." - Henry David Thoreau
mekcotuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2006, 08:15 AM   #30
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by mekcotuit
Spence ! - a new Bushie adjective = idiology:derived from idiot...
Must have been a Froidian slip

-spence