Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » The Scuppers

The Scuppers This is a new forum for the not necessarily fishing related topics...

Closed Thread

Old 07-12-2006, 11:33 AM   #1
Skitterpop

Exclamation Israel and World War Three

Some could argue we have been in World War Three for quite some time now. Does anyone have any thoughts as to what is going on now and the huge world wide increase in terrorism it will engender... I believe.

Look for something major to happen soon.... this is relative because to me something major is old news and ongoing. I`m dreading Nuclear of some sorts.

Good health and family
Old 07-12-2006, 11:56 AM   #2
spence

I'd characterize it more as a global insurgency fueled by many factors...perceived aggression towards Muslims, radicalisim, legacy colonial issues, Western policy priorities, and inibility of Islamic leaders to modernize and provide for their people as well as the communications technology revolution of the past 10 years that has flattened the Earth.

While a nuclear terror event is certainly possible, there are so many factors against it that it shouldn't be a prime concern...at least not to the average joe.

Overall I think how we're waging the 'war on terror' will in the short term do more to incite violence than help, which will undermine long-term stratagies towards democratization...Just look at Russia, Egypt, Palestine and Iran as prime examples.

Recapturing the moral high-ground and demonstrating solid International leadership will dramatically improve our ability to solve problems via peaceful means, and give us much more freedom for our military to act with impugnity when it is really necessary to preserve our national security.

-spence

Last edited by spence; 07-12-2006 at 12:07 PM..
Old 07-12-2006, 12:18 PM   #3
RIJIMMY
sick of bluefish

Spence, not sure you responded to the Skitters post, I believe he is reffering to Israels actions the last few days. You seem to seize every opportunity to hop on that soapbox.
For me, good for them. This is not new, they have been dealing with this for 40 years, they talk tough and stand by it.
I dont believe there is a major islamic movement, i thinks its just raidicals with $ and the intent to kill. Technology (internet, pcs, cellphones) and an understanding of the global media have allowed them to gain publicity and some sense of leigitimacy. People have been killing each other for 10,000 years, we just hear it about it more now.
Old 07-12-2006, 12:20 PM   #4
Skitterpop

Wink Geesus you can talk/type

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence
I'd characterize it more as a global insurgency fueled by many factors...perceived aggression towards Muslims, radicalisim, legacy colonial issues, Western policy priorities, and inibility of Islamic leaders to modernize and provide for their people as well as the communications technology revolution of the past 10 years that has flattened the Earth.

While a nuclear terror event is certainly possible, there are so many factors against it that it shouldn't be a prime concern...at least not to the average joe.

Overall I think how we're waging the 'war on terror' will in the short term do more to incite violence than help, which will undermine long-term stratagies towards democratization...Just look at Russia, Egypt, Palestine and Iran as prime examples.

Recapturing the moral high-ground and demonstrating solid International leadership will dramatically improve our ability to solve problems via peaceful means, and give us much more freedom for our military to act with impugnity when it is really necessary to preserve our national security.

-spence
Remember the meeting last month with US and Israel?... sorta secretively we said ok do it... the world and us are in a world of pain...and I don`t read much anymore. I saw this coming two months ago at least. It will lead to major major conflicts above and beyond all the major major which is long ongoing.

Bleakly yours,
Michael

Good health and family
Old 07-12-2006, 12:25 PM   #5
RIJIMMY
sick of bluefish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skitterpop
Remember the meeting last month with US and Israel?... sorta secretively we said ok do it... the world and us are in a world of pain...and I don`t read much anymore. I saw this coming two months ago at least. It will lead to major major conflicts above and beyond all the major major which is long ongoing.

Bleakly yours,
Michael
Dude, rockets are regularly, randomly shot at Isreal neighborhoods, soliders were kidnapped and held for randsom.......you think Isreal is the aggressor???????? A government has no other duty that to protect its people, thats what they are doing. And no, Im not Jewish, something that I was accused of out here before...
Old 07-12-2006, 12:29 PM   #6
RIJIMMY
sick of bluefish

"Hezbollah guerrillas killed seven Israeli soldiers and captured two more Wednesday, triggering Israeli airstrikes and military raids inside southern Lebanon, Israeli officials said."

Damn those nasty Jews, looking for trouble again. They should just hide in their cellars and let the Muslims do as they see fit. Somehow this must be Bushs fault......
Old 07-12-2006, 12:36 PM   #7
Skip N

Isreal should just go to war with the Palestinians and end this crap once and for all. Enough of Hamas and the god damn suicide bombers. Grow some balls Isreal and take them ALL out. Or it will be the same BS for another 50 years. You will never have peace with the blood thirsty murdering palastinians. It just wont happen, they dont want peace, they want dead Isrealies.

And we all know who the biggest threat in the world is today. Its radical Islam. If anyone denies this they are brain dead. You cant reason with these people, they need to be taken out and thats it. Anyone thinks you can have diplomacy with these throat slitters is crazy.
Old 07-12-2006, 12:41 PM   #8
Skip N

Quote:

Bleakly yours,
Michael
About %$%$%$%$ing time Isreal started striking the radical palistinians! The radicals need to be wiped out or nothing over there will ever change. And just so you know, Isreal targets RADICAL LEADERS with thier strikes. Your Palistinian friends prefer to strap bombs to themselve and blow up buses of innocent school children. And you have sympathy for those %$%$%$%$ing animals????
Old 07-12-2006, 12:44 PM   #9
Skip N

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIJIMMY
"Hezbollah guerrillas killed seven Israeli soldiers and captured two more Wednesday, triggering Israeli airstrikes and military raids inside southern Lebanon, Israeli officials said."

Damn those nasty Jews, looking for trouble again. They should just hide in their cellars and let the Muslims do as they see fit. Somehow this must be Bushs fault......
Of course, the problems in this world are ALL created by Bush and those damn Jews. Well, that what the left likes to say anyway.

Nah, radical islam and the radical Palistinians arent the problem. Its that damn George Bush and the freakin Jews.

Dont ya love the left!? Wake up you freakin morons and realize who the TRUE enemy is. ITS RADICAL ISLAM
Old 07-12-2006, 12:48 PM   #10
JohnR
Certifiable Intertidal Anguiologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skip N
Isreal should just go to war with the Palestinians and end this crap once and for all. Enough of Hamas and the god damn suicide bombers. Grow some balls Isreal and take them ALL out. Or it will be the same BS for another 50 years. You will never have peace with the blood thirsty murdering palastinians. It just wont happen, they dont want peace, they want dead Isrealies.

And we all know who the biggest threat in the world is today. Its radical Islam. If anyone denies this they are brain dead. You cant reason with these people, they need to be taken out and thats it. Anyone thinks you can have diplomacy with these throat slitters is crazy.

Because THAT is sane advice

Sure, Israel (which takes more than it dishes) should just wipe 'em all out. OK, that'll fix things. So when Arab-Israeli War 2006 goes full blown, with more and deadlier weapons systems (N.B.C.) than in previous times, hindsight will show that your advice is being right on top of it oke: .

Israel has every right to defend itself and should but your solution is, uhh, lacking. What SHOULD happen is the disolving of Hezbollah and Hamas or at minimum demilitarizing of those factions, creating a Palestinian state (which Israel has on the table) and having the Arab countries recognize Israel. But 3000 years of conflict might not end so quickly and won't end if Israel kills 'em all and and lets Allah sort 'em out.

~Fix the Bait~ ~Pogies Forever~

Striped Bass Fishing - All Stripers

Kobayashi Maru Election - there is no way to win.

Apocalypse is Coming:
Old 07-12-2006, 12:49 PM   #11
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Quote:
Grow some balls Isreal and take them ALL out. Or it will be the same BS for another 50 years.
Oh Isreal has balls...I distinctly remember them, on a couple of occasions, ringing Arrafat's doorbell w/ their tanks and asking him to come out and play....But we (The U.S.) always talked them out of it.

"If you're arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing."
Old 07-12-2006, 12:50 PM   #12
RIJIMMY
sick of bluefish

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnR

What SHOULD happen is the disolving of Hezbollah and Hamas or at minimum demilitarizing of those factions, creating a Palestinian state (which Israel has on the table) and having the Arab countries recognize Israel. But 3000 years of conflict might not end so quickly and won't end if Israel kills 'em all and and lets Allah sort 'em out.
Old 07-12-2006, 12:54 PM   #13
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

How did this....
Quote:

Bleakly yours,
Michael
All of a sudden turn him into a Palestinean Sympathiser

Quote:
About %$%$%$%$ing time Isreal started striking the radical palistinians! The radicals need to be wiped out or nothing over there will ever change. And just so you know, Isreal targets RADICAL LEADERS with thier strikes. Your Palistinian friends prefer to strap bombs to themselve and blow up buses of innocent school children. And you have sympathy for those %$%$%$%$ing animals????

You have THE Most Skewed Logic I have ever seen in my life.

Old 07-12-2006, 01:01 PM   #14
Skip N

Really buddy? have you ever read your posts? Your pretty out there. Read some of your posts once in awhile! And why do i even care about what someone with a picture of Al Bundy as thier Avatar has to say? How can i even take you seriously looking at that!?
Old 07-12-2006, 01:02 PM   #15
RIJIMMY
sick of bluefish

everyone play nice
Old 07-12-2006, 01:05 PM   #16
Skip N

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnR
Because THAT is sane advice

Sure, Israel (which takes more than it dishes) should just wipe 'em all out. OK, that'll fix things. So when Arab-Israeli War 2006 goes full blown, with more and deadlier weapons systems (N.B.C.) than in previous times, hindsight will show that your advice is being right on top of it oke: .

Israel has every right to defend itself and should but your solution is, uhh, lacking. What SHOULD happen is the disolving of Hezbollah and Hamas or at minimum demilitarizing of those factions, creating a Palestinian state (which Israel has on the table) and having the Arab countries recognize Israel. But 3000 years of conflict might not end so quickly and won't end if Israel kills 'em all and and lets Allah sort 'em out.
Lets give diplomacy YET another chance, yeah that seems to work wonders. If you can somehow reason with the Palistinians then by all means go right ahead. I think they've shown they want nothing to do with diplomacy, all they care about are dead Jews.
Old 07-12-2006, 01:07 PM   #17
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Oh Oh I better take it up a notch intelectually for you "I know you are but What am I"

If you need me to explain that I can break it down for you.

Quote:
Really buddy? have you ever read your posts? Your pretty out there. Read some of your posts once in awhile! And why do i even care about what someone with a picture of Al Bundy as thier Avatar has to say? How can i even take you seriously looking at that!?

Old 07-12-2006, 01:07 PM   #18
Skip N

Quote:
everyone play nice
Playing nice sucks
Old 07-12-2006, 01:12 PM   #19
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Is that avatar better....now you can Identify

Quote:
And why do i even care about what someone with a picture of Al Bundy as thier Avatar has to say? How can i even take you seriously looking at that!?

Old 07-12-2006, 01:13 PM   #20
justplugit
Registered Grandpa

Thousands of years of hate, wether it be for land, power,anothers relegion, or whatever, was, and is ongoing in that region. When children are
taught to hate from their earliest days, generation to generation, there is not much hope of peace by negotiation no matter how you cut it.

Nobody wants to give in with negotiations as this hate clouds everything.
The region always was, and will be a tinder box. Now with the proliferation of weapons of annihilation, it's just a matter of time until they're used.

Being every skirmish was, and is, started with rock throwing, the only answer is to collect and destroy all the rocks in the region.

" Choose Life "
Old 07-12-2006, 01:14 PM   #21
RIJIMMY
sick of bluefish

Im going to miss Al
Old 07-12-2006, 01:14 PM   #22
reelecstasy
Boston Anglah

Location: Sitting on top of the world with my legs hangin free
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dad Fisherman
Is that avatar better....now you can Identify

Used hard and put away dirty....
Old 07-12-2006, 01:21 PM   #23
Skitterpop

I`m not saying

Israel or the Palestinians are wrong.... what I am saying is this will lead to a much larger world wide %$%$%$%$ storm...larger then what we have now whether we are aware of it or not.

Godbless us all.......Tiny Tim

Good health and family
Old 07-12-2006, 01:25 PM   #24
RIJIMMY
sick of bluefish

Quote:
Israel or the Palestinians are wrong.... what I am saying is this will lead to a much larger world wide %$%$%$%$ storm...larger then what we have now whether we are aware of it or not.

Godbless us all.......Tiny Tim
Doubt it, its nothing new. Search around on CNN for a timeline of the Isreali/Palestine conflict. I've seen one out there b 4. This has been going on for years. As DF noted, Isreal sent tanks into Arafats compound and destroyed it, keeping him prosoner.
Old 07-12-2006, 01:27 PM   #25
Skitterpop

Wink

Quote:
Doubt it, its nothing new. Search around on CNN for a timeline of the Isreali/Palestine conflict. I've seen one out there b 4. This has been going on for years. As DF noted, Isreal sent tanks into Arafats compound and destroyed it, keeping him prosoner.

I`m right and you are wrong

Good health and family
Old 07-12-2006, 01:36 PM   #26
spence

Quote:
Spence, not sure you responded to the Skitters post, I believe he is reffering to Israels actions the last few days. You seem to seize every opportunity to hop on that soapbox.
Sure I did, if perhaps indirectly...the actions of the West, Isreal, the Palestenian people and neighboring Arab and Persian states are all interrelated.

-spence
Old 07-12-2006, 01:37 PM   #27
Skitterpop

And

since Hamas won the election Israel Military Chess Geniuses lit up...this is no longer tit for tat.... this is THE MOVE

Bombs away,

Good health and family
Old 07-12-2006, 01:49 PM   #28
spence

Quote:
since Hamas won the election Israel Military Chess Geniuses lit up...this is no longer tit for tat.... this is THE MOVE
It may get worse before it get's better, but I think the hardliners are going to wake up pretty soon. What they're doing isn't scalable...

-spence
Old 07-12-2006, 03:02 PM   #29
Skitterpop

A Picture

kaboom
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IsraelTanksGazaJune2006.jpg
Views:	215
Size:	20.8 KB
ID:	16250  

Good health and family
Old 07-12-2006, 06:53 PM   #30
stripersnipr

Quote:
Dude, rockets are regularly, randomly shot at Isreal neighborhoods, soliders were kidnapped and held for randsom.......you think Isreal is the aggressor???????? A government has no other duty that to protect its people, thats what they are doing. And no, Im not Jewish, something that I was accused of out here before...
Seems we hear very little about the aggression against Israel only outrage when they retaliate. Come to think about it, it's kind of like Iraq. A quick blurb about kidnapping/torture/beheading of our soldiers but shrill outrage over panties on the head of a terrorist.

Go Israel.
Closed Thread