Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Classifieds Area - NO COMMERCIAL POSTS WHATSOEVER » Classifieds

Classifieds Buy,Sell, or Swap for members only please. NO COMMERCIAL ADVERTISING - thanks... And if you sell something like a boat through here - throw us a couple bucks for the site please :D

Old 04-25-2012, 07:55 AM   #1
Jersey_Jim

Thumbs up Reading the Water: 1st edition Hardcover

Reading the Water: Adventures in Surf Fishing from Martha's Vineyard
Post, Robert

Book Description: Globe Pequot Press, Chester, Conn, 1988. Cloth. Book Condition: Fine. Dust Jacket Condition: Very Good. First Edition. 8vo - over 7¾" - 9¾" tall. First edition, first printing stated. Maroon cloth with bright gilt spine printing. Cream colored eps. xiv; 254p. Black & white photo illus of some of MV's finest surf fishermen. Foreword by Henry Lyman. Book solid and bright. VG with just a little light wear to edges of back panel jacket. Small tear at top and on front of jacket all else VG. Scan available upon request.
$189 if shipped $ 175 local pick up Weymouth
MSBA Members $10 off above prices
Will Donate $10 to this site
Jim 781 749 5181

Jersey Jim
Jersey_Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 08:03 AM   #2
Swimmer
Retired Surfer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jersey_Jim View Post
Reading the Water: Adventures in Surf Fishing from Martha's Vineyard
Post, Robert

Book Description: Globe Pequot Press, Chester, Conn, 1988. Cloth. Book Condition: Fine. Dust Jacket Condition: Very Good. First Edition. 8vo - over 7¾" - 9¾" tall. First edition, first printing stated. Maroon cloth with bright gilt spine printing. Cream colored eps. xiv; 254p. Black & white photo illus of some of MV's finest surf fishermen. Foreword by Henry Lyman. Book solid and bright. VG with just a little light wear to edges of back panel jacket. Small tear at top and on front of jacket all else VG. Scan available upon request.
$189 if shipped $ 175 local pick up Weymouth
MSBA Members $10 off above prices
Will Donate $10 to this site
Jim 781 749 5181

I have one I bought at Bunch of Grapes way back when. I look at it everyday on the shelf above the computor and I get a warm feeling. Selling your copy must be very hard.

Swimmer a.k.a. YO YO MA
Serial Mailbox Killer/Seal Fisherman
Swimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 12:21 PM   #3
Mr. Sandman

Since they printed the soft cover a few years ago, the hardcover price has fallen quite abit. I wish they would have let it be they would be worth a lot more...but I suspect Mrs. Post needed some more $. My signed one is not worth half of what I paid now...I picked up a near perfect (unsigned) HC on eBay for 35 bucks last year.
Mr. Sandman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 02:19 AM   #4
piemma
Very Grumpy bay man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Sandman View Post
Since they printed the soft cover a few years ago, the hardcover price has fallen quite abit. I wish they would have let it be they would be worth a lot more...but I suspect Mrs. Post needed some more $. My signed one is not worth half of what I paid now...I picked up a near perfect (unsigned) HC on eBay for 35 bucks last year.
Interesting point. I have a soft cover that I bought in 1988 (publishing year) which is marked First Edition. Apparently they print both hard cover and soft cover at the same time.

No boat, back in the suds.
piemma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 07:08 AM   #5
Chunkah

Hell, I just want an affordable one I can read and keep on the shelf...good luck with the sale.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Chunkah is offline   Reply With Quote