Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 01-09-2019, 04:05 PM   #121
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Stripers View Post
All political BS by both sides, it’s really embarrassing that these are the people we elected govern. All spin by both sides.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Now this we can agree on

"If you're arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing."
Old 01-09-2019, 04:06 PM   #122
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
Trump supports dont like that timeline they act as if it never happened

it's easier to say it's the democrats fault or its about the mexican invasion

They will never admit they elected an ass hat
what’s the longest you can go without lying? i said here on this thread he deserves criticism for not doing this two years ago, and most of us admit he’s a jerk?
Old 01-09-2019, 04:55 PM   #123
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Stripers View Post
Trump didn’t get his wall so he walked out of the meeting and Pence and McCarthy continued to spout to party line, that ther is a crisis at the southern border. It is all about the fing wall and it looks like a staring conntest to see who blinks first. All political BS by both sides, it’s really embarrassing that these are the people we elected govern. All spin by both sides.
Pelosi and Schumer got better ratings for their appearance last night than Generalissimo Donnie Bonespur the First even with his rack of medals at his side.
That's what he's really mad about, he won't blink even if China takes back Taiwan.

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 01-09-2019, 05:21 PM   #124
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
what’s the longest you can go without lying? i said here on this thread he deserves criticism for not doing this two years ago, and most of us admit he’s a jerk?
Jim I am not taking about you . Directly .... my comment applys or it does not ... I wish Trumps lies upset you as much as my lie ?.. They will never admit they elected an ass hat (aka True believers )

Last edited by wdmso; 01-09-2019 at 05:26 PM..
Old 01-09-2019, 06:08 PM   #125
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Manafort, Trump campaign, Trump tower meeting and Russia will I think make the wall old news and just political BS. Can you sing it New York New York, if mueller doesn’t get him, well........

Last edited by Got Stripers; 01-09-2019 at 06:23 PM..
Old 01-09-2019, 08:52 PM   #126
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
Huge difference, Khan spoke out on his own volition.
How different is it? Sing's family is now, of their own volition, publicly saying they are adamantly opposed to sanctuary policies.
Old 01-09-2019, 09:03 PM   #127
Sea Dangles

Quote:
Jim I am not taking about you . Directly .... my comment applys or it does not ... I wish Trumps lies upset you as much as my lie ?.. They will never admit they elected an ass hat (aka True believers )
What or who is this true believer Wayne? Do you have a profile of whom you would describe as such? The reason I ask is because I voted for him,support him for the most part,and think he has moved the country forward. I also think he can be an ass hat.

PRO CHOICE REPUBLICAN
Old 01-10-2019, 05:13 AM   #128
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sea Dangles View Post
What or who is this true believer Wayne? Do you have a profile of whom you would describe as such? The reason I ask is because I voted for him,support him for the most part,and think he has moved the country forward. I also think he can be an ass hat.
Based on the suggestions moved the country forward (in what manner ). and he can be an ass hat is afar cry being an ass hat.. I would put you in the true believer box

People shouldn't be upset when it's suggested they are True believer ... it's kinda of like calling some who claims to be a moderate or an independent a liberal or moonbat or republicans a RINO because they don't tow the party line

It happens here every all the time

It's just getting harder and harder to for the True believer's and republican on the Hill and in this forum to argue away Trumps daily tweets foot stomping and lies and disfunction and mix messages coming out of the Whitehouse from syria to afgainstain to the EU and China...
Old 01-10-2019, 05:21 AM   #129
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
How different is it? Sing's family is now, of their own volition, publicly saying they are adamantly opposed to sanctuary policies.
Link please

And it still does not support your original argument if fhe did and him speaking at the DNC convention
Old 01-10-2019, 07:21 AM   #130
Pete F.
Canceled

Since this seems to be so confusing, A quick civics lesson:

Just before the government shutdown began, the Senate, led by Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (a Republican) overwhelmingly passed a bipartisan bill that would have kept the government open.

The then-Speaker of the House Paul Ryan (a Republican) refused to allow the House to even vote on that bill knowing it would likely pass with a veto-proof majority.

For those who might not know, if a president vetoes a bill, if two-thirds of both the House and the Senate vote against that president’s veto, they can override it, thus enacting that bill.

That’s called “checks and balances,” a key component our Founding Fathers put into our Constitution.

Fast forward a few weeks to when Democrats took power in the House of Representatives. They passed essentially the same exact veto-proof bill the Senate had overwhelmingly approved just a couple of weeks earlier that would reopen the government.

Only now, the same Sen. McConnell who let the passage of that bill before, won’t allow the Senate to vote on it — because he knows it would pass, thus forcing Trump to veto it, which would embarrass the party and expose their incompetence.

Keep in mind, this all centers around a lie Trump repeatedly told during his campaign (and even now) that Mexico was going to pay for his stupid wall, a wall he now wants the American taxpayer to fund.

Republicans controlled all of Congress and the White House for the past two years. If funding this wall was such a major issue, they would have done it — they didn’t. Repeatedly, his own party refused to pass spending bills that gave Trump money for that pointless wall.

This isn’t about border security, no matter how many time Trump tells that lie. This is about his ego and his pathetic attempt to distract people from the constantly-growing list of scandals, legal troubles, and embarrassing administration departures he’s been dealing with over the last several weeks.

If our government was functioning how our Founding Fathers meant for it to, our government would have never shut down.

First it was a Republican, Paul Ryan, refusing to let the House vote on the bill the Senate passed. Now it’s hypocritical Sen. Mitch McConnell, a Republican, doing the same thing with the recently-passed House bill.

Two frauds who refused to allow a bill to be voted on to keep the government open/reopen it, not because they opposed it, but because they were afraid it would pass and embarrass their party’s “president.”

This is not how democracy works. This is not how our government is supposed to work.

Donald Trump and the GOP are the only ones to blame for this political stunt.
Old 01-10-2019, 07:39 AM   #131
Sea Dangles

Quote:
Based on the suggestions moved the country forward (in what manner ). and he can be an ass hat is afar cry being an ass hat.. I would put you in the true believer box

People shouldn't be upset when it's suggested they are True believer ... it's kinda of like calling some who claims to be a moderate or an independent a liberal or moonbat or republicans a RINO because they don't tow the party line

It happens here every all the time

It's just getting harder and harder to for the True believer's and republican on the Hill and in this forum to argue away Trumps daily tweets foot stomping and lies and disfunction and mix messages coming out of the Whitehouse from syria to afgainstain to the EU and China...
The only person hinged on his tweets on a daily basis is you Wayne. Go back and check...truth will set you free. You won’t admit it because you sling more poop than Don.

PRO CHOICE REPUBLICAN
Old 01-10-2019, 09:58 AM   #132
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sea Dangles View Post
The only person hinged on his tweets on a daily basis is you Wayne. Go back and check...truth will set you free. You won’t admit it because you sling more poop than Don.
Spoken like a true devotee. There’s nothing to see in the Trump train wreck administration .. move along