Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 04-23-2013, 12:37 PM   #1
fishbones

I Wonder if She's a Liberal Professor?

University professor believes Boston Police treated bombing suspect too harshly | Common Sense Central - Milwaukee's Talk Station

Really? Too harsh? The real gem here is that she points to the condition of the older a-holes body as evidence that he was treated too rough. Did she not read that the younger a-hole ran him over? The parents of her students must be happy that she's teaching their kids.

Conservatism is not about leaving people behind. Conservatism is about empowering people to catch up, to give them tools at their disposal that make it possible for them to access all the hope, all the promise, all the opportunity that America offers. - Marco Rubio
Old 04-23-2013, 01:04 PM   #2
Slipknot
Super Moderator

she can't be serious
upset?
she's UPSET?

I think people around here and the rest of the country are a little more than upset over the damage caused and lives lost and limbs lost and hundreds of injuries because of those 2 pieces of scum.

here's her facebook page everyone

https://www.facebook.com/Ruthobrienwsgccunyedu

I don't have an account but this might get me to open one to blast this moron, she is teaching our young people? great

feel free to tell her what she should be upset about and be sure to include his mangled body looked like that because of his own stupid terrorist brother running him over with his car and dragging him 45 feet you dumbass

some freakin people

The United States Constitution does not exist to grant you rights; those rights are inherent within you. Rather it exists to frame a limited government so that those natural rights can be exercised freely.

1984 was a warning, not a guidebook!

It's time more people spoke up with the truth. Every time we let a leftist lie go uncorrected, the commies get stronger.
Old 04-23-2013, 01:08 PM   #3
tysdad115

You know it was only a matter of time before it happened. People like her are responsible for the pussification of this country.
Old 04-23-2013, 01:10 PM   #4
Nebe

What a dipsheet
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 04-23-2013, 01:23 PM   #5
Slipknot
Super Moderator

A Day of Terror | Ruth O'Brien

here is the whackjobs article

The death penalty and carrying that out cannot come soon enough if you ask me. And I don't want these two scumbags' bodies on our planet, send there molecules out to space on the next rocket

this woman has rocks in her head

I have to get back to work

The United States Constitution does not exist to grant you rights; those rights are inherent within you. Rather it exists to frame a limited government so that those natural rights can be exercised freely.

It's time more people spoke up with the truth. Every time we let a leftist lie go uncorrected, the commies get stronger.
Old 04-23-2013, 01:25 PM   #6
fishbones

She didn't even get the police department right. It was the Watertown Police that apprehended him, not Boston. And if I heard correctly, he was running at them with a bomb strapped to him and firing 2 handguns. Were they supposed to ask him nicely to stop and please lie still on the ground while they put the cuffs on?

Conservatism is not about leaving people behind. Conservatism is about empowering people to catch up, to give them tools at their disposal that make it possible for them to access all the hope, all the promise, all the opportunity that America offers. - Marco Rubio
Old 04-23-2013, 01:29 PM   #7
Slipknot
Super Moderator

Let's send her running into the next hostage/suicide vest situation to find out fishbones

Old 04-23-2013, 02:08 PM   #8
GregW
Secretsquirrel

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishbones View Post
University professor believes Boston Police treated bombing suspect too harshly | Common Sense Central - Milwaukee's Talk Station

Really? Too harsh? The real gem here is that she points to the condition of the older a-holes body as evidence that he was treated too rough. Did she not read that the younger a-hole ran him over? The parents of her students must be happy that she's teaching their kids.
Sadly, this doesn't surprise me. You wouldn't believe the things I hear professors say.
Old 04-23-2013, 02:53 PM   #9
JohnnyD

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishbones View Post
Did she not read that the younger a-hole ran him over? The parents of her students must be happy that she's teaching their kids.
Let's not forget about the explosive vest he was wearing.
Old 04-23-2013, 03:30 PM   #10
PaulS

Crazy lady. Were the mortuary pictures even released?

Last edited by PaulS; 04-23-2013 at 05:40 PM..
Old 04-23-2013, 03:33 PM   #11
Pete F.
Canceled

I see her as a Rush from the left side
Ruth O'Brien | Professor & Author of forthcoming Out of Many, One: Obama & the 3rd American Political Tradition

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 04-23-2013, 03:36 PM   #12
buckman

Quick little bit of irony about the car they jacked.... It had a COEXIST bumper sticker
Wonder if the owners new car will have the same sticker
Old 04-23-2013, 05:30 PM   #13
FishermanTim

We have way too many academic morons in this country, let alone this world.
If they could only remove their heads from their asses, they might actually become intelligent.

Unfortunately, as Ron White says "You can't fix stupid!"

I am a legend in my own mind!
Old 04-23-2013, 07:32 PM   #14
GregW
Secretsquirrel

Quote:
Originally Posted by FishermanTim View Post
We have way too many academic morons in this country, let alone this world.
If they could only remove their heads from their asses, they might actually become intelligent.

Unfortunately, as Ron White says "You can't fix stupid!"
Look at their motivation. They have a job for life, and their only responsibility is to teach and publish papers that gets attention for the school.
Old 04-23-2013, 08:53 PM   #15
Raider Ronnie

Send a message via AIM to Raider Ronnie
Amazing as this story is I would bet $$$ that if she ran for public office in one of these NE Liberal states she would win and some liberals on this site would vote for her !

LETS GO BRANDON
Old 04-23-2013, 10:21 PM   #16
fishbones

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
Crazy lady. Were the mortuary pictures even released?
There were pics leaked showing him on the slab. My wife's friend is an ER nurse there and she saw him up close and said the big gash on his torso was from getting run over. The doctors and nurses all agreed that he was killed by the SUV, not the bullet wound to the head. Even after he was shot, he was struggling while the police were cuffing him.

Old 04-24-2013, 06:47 AM   #17
PaulS

Someone will prob. get fired for that. I have no interest in seeing that.
Old 04-24-2013, 07:36 AM   #18
Jackbass
Land OF Forgotten Toys

I have no interest in seeing the photos either.

The author of this article seems like the type of individual who sits back and listens to her self speak with pauses so as she can find the words, to make her seem as intelligent as possible. She espouses theories on how law enforcement officials should have handled the situation. In her world surrounded by psychophantes and self congratulating "scholars" I am certain her thoughts are applauded and revered.

Those of us that realize life isn't lived in a vaccuum where variables such as "gun fire, bombs and fear of death" can appreciate the handling of the situation by the officers in question and do not question how the events unfolded.

There will always be people like this author hopefully all people will never be like this author.
Old 04-24-2013, 07:44 AM   #19
JohnR
Certifiable Intertidal Anguiologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackbass View Post
I have no interest in seeing the photos either.

The author of this article seems like the type of individual who sits back and listens to her self speak with pauses so as she can find the words, to make her seem as intelligent as possible. She espouses theories on how law enforcement officials should have handled the situation. In her world surrounded by psychophantes and self congratulating "scholars" I am certain her thoughts are applauded and revered.

Those of us that realize life isn't lived in a vaccuum where variables such as "gun fire, bombs and fear of death" can appreciate the handling of the situation by the officers in question and do not question how the events unfolded.

There will always be people like this author hopefully all people will never be like this author.

I want to pause

so I sound more intelligent

but I can't

because this post

was

so

great

I'm more and more convinced that Poli-Sci professors and other disciplines should be required to spend time out of academia, minimum 3 out of every 10 years. Right now they are like a Self-licking Ice Cream Cone with no need to live in the real world, just their Happy Place.

~Fix the Bait~ ~Pogies Forever~

Striped Bass Fishing - All Stripers

Kobayashi Maru Election - there is no way to win.

Apocalypse is Coming:
Old 04-24-2013, 07:55 AM   #20
Jackbass
Land OF Forgotten Toys

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnR View Post

I want to pause

so I sound more intelligent

but I can't

because this post

was

so

great

I'm more and more convinced that Poli-Sci professors and other disciplines should be required to spend time out of academia, minimum 3 out of every 10 years. Right now they are like a Self-licking Ice Cream Cone with no need to live in the real world, just their Happy Place.
Agreed I think the same could be said about any one who gains a living in the political world. If senators reps etc were required to maintain an income outside of their appointments. We would see an influx of those that truly wanted a better nation. Not just those Individuals that can sell a false idol to catch a free ride.

I am the man in the Bassless Chaps
Old 04-24-2013, 08:59 AM   #21
detbuch

Quote:
Agreed I think the same could be said about any one who gains a living in the political world. If senators reps etc were required to maintain an income outside of their appointments. We would see an influx of those that truly wanted a better nation. Not just those Individuals that can sell a false idol to catch a free ride.
That was the situation when this nation was founded. Federal senators and reps were not "full time." Their pay was not all that good, and they spent most of the time tending to their own business. They weren't constantly campaigning. Laws they passed affected them as directly as they did anyone else. They understood and operated under the limitations the Constitution placed on them. And they assembled periodically to do any needed tweaking or fixing within those limited bounds.

Our modern pols convinced us that seeing to all aspects of our lives was more important than limitations on an outdated piece of parchment placed on them. So they needed to 24/7 watch over us. And, of course, the proper remuneration to do so, and the massive staffs necessary to help them, and the creation of unelected regulatory agencies to actually flesh out the rules we live by. This is the way to a better nation, don't you see?
Old 04-24-2013, 09:03 AM   #22
JohnR

Quote:
And they need to take at least 3 years off from time of retirement / lost election before they can work as a lobbyist. Oh, toss in term limits too. Otherwise they are just Champions of the Political Class.

Apocalypse is Coming:
Old 04-24-2013, 09:42 AM   #23
PaulS

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnR View Post
And they need to take at least 3 years off from time of retirement / lost election before they can work as a lobbyist. Oh, toss in term limits too. Otherwise they are just Champions of the Political Class.
I agree w/the term limits - 3 sounds about right. The outside income i have a problem with. I want them spending 100% of their time on running the country. You also run the risk of someone beholding to their employeer or no show type of jobs. The do have to run 2 households - home and in Washington.
Old 04-24-2013, 10:17 AM   #24
JohnR

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
I agree w/the term limits - 3 sounds about right. The outside income i have a problem with. I want them spending 100% of their time on running the country. You also run the risk of someone beholding to their employeer or no show type of jobs. The do have to run 2 households - home and in Washington.
Agree:

• Term Limits: 2 or 3 Senate (that is 18 years!), 3 House
  • I want them dedicated to the job as well. The blind trusts that manage their affairs in office should be verified to ensure it is above board but for the most part it works.
Still, preventing lobbying for 3 (maybe 5) years after leaving office may reduce some of the influence lobbying has.

Apocalypse is Coming:
Old 04-24-2013, 10:57 AM   #25
PaulS

I agree with the lobbying also - should have posted that. It is amazing when you hear about people leaving jobs who worked on legislation and then are lobbying a few weeks later on the same issues they worked on.