Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 01-13-2019, 08:48 AM   #1
wdmso

wall go fund me to re fund all the money

Seem this guy has decided to change where the money was going to go against the rules of the site

Seems he is not new to this method of making money

Brian Kolfage, a triple-amputee Air Force veteran, has operated fake news websites and fundraisers to build a lucrative email list.

Kolfage has repeatedly created GoFundMe campaigns and published inflammatory fake news articles, pushing them both from websites that he sought to hide behind shell companies and false identities, in part to harvest email addresses. Those addresses were then used to push people back to Kolfage’s websites, to sell a brand of coffee he owns,

https://www.9news.com/article/news/l...c-c65d398c972f

Kolfage also used GoFundMe to solicit donations by check to a P.O. Box in Colorado, manned by former Freedom Daily writer Amanda Shea.

If Democrats are consider sheep then Conservatives must be Superman with out any powers they believe anything false ...

Truth and facts are their kryptonite

I am sure this will be dismissed as a media bias for the left in an attempt to discredit this veteran and the wall argument
Old 01-14-2019, 10:42 AM   #2
Jim in CT

Do the people who donated to Hilary, get their money back?
Old 01-14-2019, 10:57 AM   #3
Slipknot
Super Moderator

Did you even read that article?

"wall go fund me to re fund all the money
Seem this guy has decided to change where the money was going to go against the rules of the site "

you write title as if the fund is over and refunding money.

article states IF the wall is not built they plan to refund the money.

where does it say the guy decided he changed where the money was going?

sounds to me like they chose to allow folks to contribute by check and provided a po box

not everybody is out for themselves but since they decided to do something about something you are not in favor of for one reason or another, you want to put it down.

hang the guy from the nearest tree, oh the horror

The United States Constitution does not exist to grant you rights; those rights are inherent within you. Rather it exists to frame a limited government so that those natural rights can be exercised freely.

1984 was a warning, not a guidebook!

It's time more people spoke up with the truth. Every time we let a leftist lie go uncorrected, the commies get stronger.
Old 01-14-2019, 11:22 AM   #4
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slipknot View Post
Did you even read that article?

"wall go fund me to re fund all the money
Seem this guy has decided to change where the money was going to go against the rules of the site "

you write title as if the fund is over and refunding money.

article states IF the wall is not built they plan to refund the money.

where does it say the guy decided he changed where the money was going?

sounds to me like they chose to allow folks to contribute by check and provided a po box

not everybody is out for themselves but since they decided to do something about something you are not in favor of for one reason or another, you want to put it down.

hang the guy from the nearest tree, oh the horror
Try google it will help
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 01-14-2019, 11:24 AM   #5
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
Do the people who donated to Hilary, get their money back?
Again trying to suggest these things are some how the same shocking
Old 01-14-2019, 11:26 AM   #6
Jim in CT

what did you bother posting this? if the money won’t go towards the wall, it’s good that it will be refunded. as opposed to the zillions that Hilary received.
Old 01-14-2019, 11:30 AM   #7
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
what did you bother posting this? if the money won’t go towards the wall, it’s good that it will be refunded. as opposed to the zillions that Hilary received.
Because it was a scam and not the 1 st questionable go fund me he was involved in...

And to demonstrate how reactive the right is when they presented with fear driven issues
Old 01-14-2019, 11:40 AM   #8
Slipknot
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
Try google it will help
no need to, you posted the title, you wrote the post
I replied to your words not googles' words

The United States Constitution does not exist to grant you rights; those rights are inherent within you. Rather it exists to frame a limited government so that those natural rights can be exercised freely.

It's time more people spoke up with the truth. Every time we let a leftist lie go uncorrected, the commies get stronger.
Old 01-14-2019, 11:44 AM   #9
Slipknot
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
Because it was a scam and not the 1 st questionable go fund me he was involved in...

And to demonstrate how reactive the right is when they presented with fear driven issues
fear driven?
fear of what? brown people according to you?

look if the guy is sketchy, it will all work itself out. If people get suckered, hopefully it will work itself out.

why bother

Old 01-14-2019, 12:04 PM   #10
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

People get scammed on GoFundMe ALL THE TIME. No big deal.

"If you're arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing."
Old 01-16-2019, 01:45 PM   #11
Cool Beans

"The plan of action was simple and straightforward to raise money to construct a wall on our southern border. We have raised over $20 Million from 325,000 plus donors and we are only just getting started! I have been literally overwhelmed and inspired by the outpouring of support, calls, and emails from American citizens who support our efforts to Build the Wall. I got some hate as well but that was easy to ignore with all the positive feedback I was getting. I immediately sought out and consulted with some of our country's leading professionals in law, politics, national security, construction, and finance. This team has spent countless hours over the holidays reviewing all issues pertaining to the construction of a southern border wall. Unanimously, we have all come to the conclusion that:

⭐ The federal government won’t be able to accept our donations anytime soon.

⭐We are better equipped than our own government to use the donated funds to build an actual wall on the southern border.

⭐Our highly experienced team is highly confident that we can complete significant segments of the wall in less time, and for far less money, than the federal government, while meeting or exceeding all required regulatory, engineering, and environmental specifications.

⭐ Our team strongly believes that we can complete our segments of the wall for less than half of the government’s estimated costs on a per mile basis."

Apparently he has agreements with land owners whos private property is on the border and will build sections of the wall directly. May work out better than government and imminent domain issues... Who knows.....
Old 01-16-2019, 02:16 PM   #12
Pete F.
Canceled

Be interesting to see what happens there
Here are some costs for fence, not wall that has already been built in the US and Israel, unclear as to if they include land acquisition costs

— Israel constructed a fence along its border with Egypt in approximately two years. Israel spent $415 million ($2.0 million per mile) to construct a 143-mile fence on its border with Egypt. The United States has spent $2.3 billion to construct 654 miles of pedestrian and vehicle barrier fencing along the U.S.-Mexico border, averaging about $3.5 million spent per mile - representing a 21 percent higher cost per mile than Israel.

— Israel spends approximately $8.3 million annually ($58,000 per mile) to maintain its 143-mile fence bordering Egypt. The United States spends $50 to $55 million annually ($77,000 per mile) maintaining its 650 miles of fencing along the border with Mexico—33 percent more than Israel.

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin