Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » The Scuppers

The Scuppers This is a new forum for the not necessarily fishing related topics...

Old 04-09-2012, 10:23 AM   #1
bassballer

Masters

How great was that sunday. Awesome sunday at augusta. Phils flop shot on saturday was balls of steel.

Any thoughts from sunday
bassballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 11:02 AM   #2
Back Beach
Respect your elvers

I noticed a couple brown spots on the greens...

It's not the bait
At the end of your line
It's the fishing hole
Where all the fish is blind
Back Beach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 11:16 AM   #3
Piscator

The course is beautiful, but they do use a lot of paint. Most dirt on the course is painted green for the Masters. All concession cups, utensils, napkins etc are green so they will not show on camera if left by a fan. The course also shuts down after the Masters until August. Have a friend that played there and he said he was with 1 of only 2 foursomes that played a round that whole day. The course is very lightly played.

IBM CEO tradition is to be a member at Augusta. The new CEO wants to join but she can’t because woman are not allowed. Place has more money than God. A few years back Martha Burk put pressure on them to allow woman and she pressured their sponsors boycott, Augusta decided to go sponsor-free so that their sponsors would feel external pressure because of anything that the club did/didn’t do. They basically refused all sponsorship. What you can do with money…

If I played their I would never have to worry about hitting it past the ladies tees

"I know a taxidermy man back home. He gonna have a heart attack when he see what I brung him!"
Piscator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 12:23 PM   #4
Swimmer
Retired Surfer

That 64 degree wedge shot is one of if not the greatest shot in golf. Its to bad the triple bogey killed him. As a side story my father had a business relationship with Jack Nicklaus through his shoe sponser, Bostonian Shoe, where my father worked his entire life. He spent time with and his wife Barbara on many occasions.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Swimmer is offline   Reply With Quote