Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 08-17-2020, 01:01 PM   #91
wdmso

This says it all that Trump is only interested in his own reelection, not trying to make the election process benfit all Americans.. and his supporters have no issues with his authoritarian style
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	trump_gop_mailer-DMID1-5nm3f9rpz-2000x1125.jpg
Views:	351
Size:	157.8 KB
ID:	67279  
Old 08-17-2020, 01:20 PM   #92
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

He does everything right out in plain sight, his party and AG protect him, so at this point he probably could shoot someone on 5th ave and get away with it.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 08-17-2020, 02:02 PM   #93
Pete F.
Canceled

I'd start a thread but I've been canceled

Some people are starting to expose Tweety for what he is

Can you think of another moment in history when members of the sitting President’s staff came forward to tell Americans that it was in the country’s best interest to vote for the other guy?

Because that’s what’s happening right now.

Last edited by Pete F.; 08-17-2020 at 02:43 PM..

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 08-17-2020, 06:19 PM   #94
wdmso

Donald Trump: ‘Unfortunately, Fox Has Become Fake News’

He is now Turning on Fox ... they carry his water all day..they parrot his talking points all day. Seems he wants fox to lie right along with him like true sate tv in Russia or N korea
Old 08-19-2020, 06:42 AM   #95
Pete F.
Canceled

So either Trump is really up to something and the Postal Service is a legitimate point of concern. Or it’s a baseless conspiracy because Trump is so mentally unstable that no one should take his words seriously.
Pick one.
Old 08-19-2020, 11:37 AM   #96
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
So either Trump is really up to something and the Postal Service is a legitimate point of concern. Or it’s a baseless conspiracy because Trump is so mentally unstable that no one should take his words seriously.
Pick one.
Newt was actually on a local radio station this morning discussing this among other topics. He's really starting to sound a lot like Rudy to be honest. Newt actually said the USPS has not said they won't be able to deliver ballots on time. I was waiting for the host to politely remind him actually they've warned 46 states they might not be able to...
Old 08-19-2020, 02:41 PM   #97
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Trump loves the American worker unless one posts something he doesn’t like, so he now is asking his loyal minions to boycott Goodyear tires.
Old 08-19-2020, 02:55 PM   #98
PaulS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Stripers View Post
Trump loves the American worker unless one posts something he doesn’t like, so he now is asking his loyal minions to boycott Goodyear tires.

Greatest President ever.
Old 08-19-2020, 03:50 PM   #99
Nebe

Quote:
When the news of this first broke, it left skid marks .....

In

Trumps

Righty whities.
Old 08-19-2020, 05:06 PM   #100
spence

Quote:
That’s only because he’s fighting for American workers.
Old 08-19-2020, 06:30 PM   #101
Pete F.
Canceled

I'm starting to doubt that the guy who paid $290,000 to have sex twice is actually the genius deal-maker he claimed to be.
Old 08-19-2020, 07:13 PM   #102
detbuch

Quote:
I'm starting to doubt that the guy who paid $290,000 to have sex twice is actually the genius deal-maker he claimed to be.
Starting?
Old 08-19-2020, 07:21 PM   #103
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Quote:
Come on he has reached out to the my pillow guy to help with our Covid cure, how can you not trust that kind of wisdom.
Old 08-21-2020, 04:28 AM   #104
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Trump is pulling out all the fear cards, now he wants to use law enforcement as polling place watchers.
Old 08-21-2020, 05:47 AM   #105
scottw

Quote:
Trump is pulling out all the fear cards, now he wants to use law enforcement as polling place watchers.
this is terrifying....
Old 08-21-2020, 09:00 AM   #106
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
this is terrifying....
Trump won’t be doing this because it’s unlawful, 18 USC 592, he can’t even station FBI Agents or US Marshals at polling places. But the message here is loud & clear, as is the dog whistle.

This will backfire just like his Post Office scheme did.

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Lets Go Darwin
Old 08-21-2020, 09:17 AM   #107
spence

Quote:
Trump won’t be doing this because it’s unlawful, 18 USC 592, he can’t even station FBI Agents or US Marshals at polling places. But the message here is loud & clear, as is the dog whistle.

This will backfire just like his Post Office scheme did.
I've heard that Antifa will be providing polling security in Warwick.
Old 08-23-2020, 11:03 AM   #108
PaulS

Anyone know a family where a sibling would talk so badly about another sibling as the trumps do?
Old 08-23-2020, 12:28 PM   #109
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
Anyone know a family where a sibling would talk so badly about another sibling as the trumps do?
Yes, I've , known and met several. It's not very unusual.
Old 08-23-2020, 02:56 PM   #110
PaulS

Quote:
Originally Posted by detbuch View Post
Yes, I've , known and met several. It's not very unusual.
Ok Thanks. I guess I'm just lucky - not in my circle of friends.
Old 08-23-2020, 06:20 PM   #111
detbuch

Quote:
Ok Thanks. I guess I'm just lucky - not in my circle of friends.
As I said, you're a better person the I. I do have a much larger than average "circle" of aquaintances that are not necessarily "friends," but have known them well enough to have witnessed their family dynamics.

I does give me a broad insight into how varied and often quixotic human nature can be, and, even so, how wrong it can be to quickly dismiss flawed humans as being dysfunctional, or incompetent because of quirks and flaws in their personalities, or in their circle of friends and family. Some of the quirkiest, flawed, even errant, people I've met have been among the most brilliant in intellect and competent in their special fields or endeavors.
Old 08-23-2020, 07:53 PM   #112
PaulS

Good thing we have a long history of actions and statements of our president to see how flawed he is and that he is neither competent nor brilliant
Old 08-23-2020, 08:02 PM   #113
detbuch

Quote:
Good thing we have a long history of actions and statements of our president to see how flawed he is and that he is neither competent nor brilliant
As good, and competent and brilliant person that you are, in this case you are wrong.
Old 08-24-2020, 05:10 AM   #114
Pete F.
Canceled

The Republican National Committee will go without a traditional policy platform at the upcoming GOP convention, and said instead it “will continue to enthusiastically support the president’s America-first agenda.”

So the takeover of the Republican Party is complete.
All that remains is to change the name
Congratulations
Old 08-24-2020, 05:38 AM   #115
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Quote:
As good, and competent and brilliant person that you are, in this case you are wrong.
If you took those rose colored glasses off, you might see the harm he has done, your response is as predictable as the direction the sun is coming up. People and this country will survive the Trump storm should it come at us for another four years, the damage done to the environment, relations with our allies and faith in our justice system will take decades to recover.

Four more years if you want to live on Trump Island instead of the United States and if the wording is changed from we the people to we the trump family.

Last edited by Got Stripers; 08-24-2020 at 05:52 AM..
Old 08-24-2020, 07:08 AM   #116
Pete F.
Canceled

This is no longer about politics is it?
This is about fealty to and adulation of a single person. No ideas or beliefs other than his. No accountability other than to him: Republicans to forego party platform in favor of full support for his agenda.
When a political party votes to have no political platform other than enthusiastically supporting its leader, it's no longer a political party. It's a cult.
Over time parties taken over by authoritarians lose identity apart from the leader- their resources and time are monopolized by the need to defend him no matter what he says or does.

Last edited by Pete F.; 08-24-2020 at 08:44 AM.. Reason: Add
Old 08-24-2020, 10:21 AM   #117
detbuch

Quote:
This is no longer about politics is it?
This is about fealty to and adulation of a single person. No ideas or beliefs other than his. No accountability other than to him: Republicans to forego party platform in favor of full support for his agenda.
When a political party votes to have no political platform other than enthusiastically supporting its leader, it's no longer a political party. It's a cult.
Over time parties taken over by authoritarians lose identity apart from the leader- their resources and time are monopolized by the need to defend him no matter what he says or does.
You keep putting words in mouths that didn't speak them. It's an essential propaganda trick. "Republican National Committee members voted to extend the party's 2016 platform through 2024."

The GOP does have a political platform.
Old 08-24-2020, 10:56 AM   #118
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
You keep putting words in mouths that didn't speak them. It's an essential propaganda trick. "Republican National Committee members voted to extend the party's 2016 platform through 2024."

The GOP does have a political platform.
G.O.P. Platform, Rolled Over From 2016, Condemns the ‘Current President’

To capture the spirit of a convention held by a party now fully prostrate before its leader, Trump should insist on speaking each night from a replica of the balcony of the Palazzo Venezia.

Lets Go Darwin
Old 08-24-2020, 03:27 PM   #119
detbuch

Quote:
G.O.P. Platform, Rolled Over From 2016, Condemns the ‘Current President’

So now that we've established that you told yet another lie, and the Repubs do have a platform, and after ragging on the G.O.P. for being a cult, you note something in it that you like. Something that belies your accusation that it "is about fealty to and adulation of a single person. No ideas or beliefs other than his. No accountability other than to him". Perhaps you should read the platform that you said doesn't exist, and you might be surprised to find traditional Republican stuff in it instead of your portrayal of the party losing its identity other than being some personification of Trump

To capture the spirit of a convention held by a party now fully prostrate before its leader, Trump should insist on speaking each night from a replica of the balcony of the Palazzo Venezia.
Or from the podium at the Reichstag. You do have these visions of Trump as Hitler or Mussollini. Actually, he prefers hugging the American flag.
Old 08-24-2020, 06:48 PM   #120
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Or from the podium at the Reichstag. You do have these visions of Trump as Hitler or Mussollini. Actually, he prefers humping the American flag.
Fixed it for you

This reality TV President is a barking carnival clown
What other incumbent has ever run on "crime is up since I got elected, re-elect me because I say the other guy will make it worse"?

Lets Go Darwin