Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 08-27-2020, 02:39 PM   #31
Nebe

Electric chair time
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 08-27-2020, 02:59 PM   #32
JohnR
Certifiable Intertidal Anguiologist

Legal process time.

~Fix the Bait~ ~Pogies Forever~

Striped Bass Fishing - All Stripers

Kobayashi Maru Election - there is no way to win.

Apocalypse is Coming:
Old 08-27-2020, 03:07 PM   #33
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebe View Post
Electric chair time
No, he'll get praised by the social warriors as standing up to the mobs of Antifa Biden Terrorists which is just going to activate more crazies.
Old 08-27-2020, 03:13 PM   #34
Pete F.
Canceled

There were protests for BLM in all 50 states. There was destruction associated with some events.
There have always been people taking advantage of protests or dissension to steal, destroy or otherwise inappropriately behave or express themselves. Nothing new here, but now we are claiming that we have discovered who has been doing it. Where was Antifa in 1965 at the Watts riots? 67 in Detroit? 92 in LA? 1898 in Wilmington? 1863 in NYC? 1921 in West Virginia? 1863 in Richmond? 1824 in Hardscrabble and Snowtown? There have been hundreds.
Every one of those had significant destruction associated with them, some included mass murders.
If you are falling for the BE VERY AFRAID of Antifa and it's the Dems message of the RNC you're being played.

It's pretty obvious that there are issues with law enforcement in this country. There are no simple solutions.
But militarizing the police will not make it go away, it hasn't so far has it?
I have not seen any movement towards a solution by this administration other than offers to send federal officers to do something.
Just what are they going to do, run the protesters over with tanks like the CCP or gas them like Tweety in DC? It's pretty much guaranteed to escalate the dissension.

There are things that can be done and have not.

It is within the Jurisdiction of the DOJ to look into Civil Rights violations, which is what most police issues arise from. Since President Trump took office, the Justice Department has publicly announced only one pattern-or-practice investigation into a police department. Additionally, the Justice Department has another tool for working with police departments to implement large-scale reforms, but the Trump administration has rolled that back as well. For many years, the Collaborative Reform Initiative in its Office of Community Oriented Policing Services (COPS) spearheaded police reform by “undertaking assessments of a law enforcement agency’s operations, providing recommendations for reform, and assisting the agency in implementing those reforms.”

Through this program, which had widespread support from police chiefs across the country, the Justice Department avoided complex and lengthy litigation by working with cities to reform policing practices. The COPS’s Office worked with cities including Las Vegas, Philadelphia, Milwaukee, and San Francisco.

In 2017, however, Sessions announced that the COPS Office would abandon this practice and discontinue the significant work that began under the Obama administration. At that time, 16 police departments across the country had signed up for the program. According to the New York Times, the “initiative was popular enough among chiefs that there was a monthslong wait to join it; now, the Justice Department has told at least one city that it must file a public records request even to see the program’s research on its police department.”
Just being vocal about doing something instead of saying "white people get killed by police too" would have done something to move towards a solution.

Power does not make you a leader, but leadership produces power.
Trump has shown himself to be incapable of leading.
But as I said in May, no civil strife would not have produced the distraction from Trump's failure on the virus, what has occurred is to his advantage and Kellyanne Conway said it out loud today.

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 08-27-2020, 03:23 PM   #35
scottw

does spence write headlines for cnn?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	118327087_3256546871049008_40700872992570338_o.jpg
Views:	327
Size:	37.0 KB
ID:	67291  
Old 08-27-2020, 03:27 PM   #36
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebe View Post
Electric chair time
I think they are doing that at the RNC tonite for a grand finale

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Lets Go Darwin
Old 08-27-2020, 03:29 PM   #37
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnR View Post
Legal process time.
you don’t think trial in the media works? ask ex officer darren wilson, the duke lacrosse players, Nick Sandman, etc...

the race baiters never learn. it’s like al sharpton is running the democratic party and the media. they’re using his exact m.o.
Old 08-27-2020, 03:30 PM   #38
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
I think they are doing that at the RNC tonite for a grand finale
No, Ted Nugent is going to skewer a Hillary doll with his crossbow. It's going to be great.
Old 08-27-2020, 03:38 PM   #39
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
No, Ted Nugent is going to skewer a Hillary doll with his crossbow. It's going to be great.
is tom cotton not a serious person? honors graduate of harvard and harvard law, then enlisted in the army and asked for the infantry. does that not indicate a man who has brains and courage and a sense of duty and integrity?
Old 08-27-2020, 04:30 PM   #40
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Quote:
That would be awesome.

"If you're arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing."
Old 08-27-2020, 04:33 PM   #41
JohnR

If any of you thinks this all ends peacefully, we are fast approaching the reconciliation point of no return.

Quote:
If you are falling for the BE VERY AFRAID of Antifa and it's the Dems message of the RNC you're being played.
You are justifying and providing cover for useful idiots.

Maybe they'll burn down (or confiscate) your home last

Apocalypse is Coming:
Old 08-27-2020, 04:58 PM   #42
spence

Quote:
If any of you thinks this all ends peacefully, we are fast approaching the reconciliation point of no return.
My biggest concern is Trump getting hammered in the election and making a call to arms.
Old 08-27-2020, 05:02 PM   #43
wdmso

Quote:
Antifa Myth
(Pete's thread)
Spence June 1 (Vastly Overated because 98% of violent extremist attacks are white suprems)
Wayne's it's OK because they oppose Trump

The three of you in particular have repeatedly defended the mostly peaceful rioting by a small tiny group that are OK becaues they are against Trump.

We don't know that because we are no longer allowed to complete an investigation. You don't know if he has a gun in that door pocket, nor does the cop but the cop has probably been told by dispatch that Blake has a warrant / DV. But you have decided its OK because feels / oppression.

Trump didn't go shoot Floyd. Trump didn't go loot Portland.

Actually no. I did not vote for Trump. I support the 1A, and peaceful assembly. I think the Constitution, even though imperfect, is the best document ever created. I have zero support for little Marxists Che Wannabe Commies. Which, BTW, was common among Dems too until the useful idiots got involved.

Sometimes it is justified, sometimes it is not - this is why it is supposed to be investigated.

But why let facts stand in the way of a good riot.
Only in America can people support killing a person based on a feeling I thought he had a gun or thought he was going for a knife .. so I shot him 7 times in the back.... you shoot 7 time for 3 reason fear or anger or your in a shoot out what facts would make this ok?

Even in Iraq aka combat zone me or my men did not have the latitude to shoot an Iraqi because he might be armed or I thought he was reaching for something

Sad that in the united states Police rules of engagement are weaker than one in a war zone against their own citizens

I am fully aware of the responsibilities of wearing a weapon and taser in public plainclothes walking convicted felons from the car, down public streets and thru hospital lobby's eyeballing everyone on the off chance that today's the day . Is his victim here an angry family member a rival gang? Going to act..

So I see my criticisms of the shooting not form the view of some guy on the couch who has no clue . But from a position of experience and a supervisor... nor iam I suggesting he was a bad person or bad officer. But some mistakes cant be ingnored or undone with arguments like the guy had a record or he beat his wife . Or had a rape charge, or the color of their skin. thats just not fair treatment under the law .
Old 08-27-2020, 06:14 PM   #44
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

MSNBC just ran a couple telling video comparisons on how some white mass murderers are calmly and peacefully arrested and in the case of Charlestown Church killer, even taken to Burger King right after because he was hungry. The other one show cased a naked crazed killer of three, actually attacking a grounds keeper and yet the multiple police let him run around clearly a threat and all he gets is some pepper spray. The average white American has no clue the profiling and real potential danger young black men live with and the way it might impact their behavior in a stressful encounter with a white police officer which might give him the impression his life might be in danger. Easy for us white men and women living in our comfortable homes in the suburbs to say that black man should have just calmly given up, when we don’t understand the decades of abuse that might shade their instinctive reaction.

Did your white mom and dad after giving you the birds and the bees talk, sit you down and warn you about how your life may be taken from you in a second because of your skin color, live a year in their shoes and your opinion of these incidents might change.

Again the rioting and property damage is wrong and plays right into Trumps play book, but there is a reason for concern. I’m not saying defund police, but they are protected from any criminal charges by contract in far to many municipalities. Trump won’t change anything because he to believes he is above the law as the nations top police officer.
Old 08-27-2020, 09:00 PM   #45
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:

You are justifying and providing cover for useful idiots.

Maybe they'll burn down (or confiscate) your home last
You’re not paying attention

Lets Go Darwin
Old 08-28-2020, 07:18 AM   #46
JohnR

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
Only in America can people support killing a person based on a feeling I thought he had a gun or thought he was going for a knife .. so I shot him 7 times in the back.... you shoot 7 time for 3 reason fear or anger or your in a shoot out what facts would make this ok?

Even in Iraq aka combat zone me or my men did not have the latitude to shoot an Iraqi because he might be armed or I thought he was reaching for something

Sad that in the united states Police rules of engagement are weaker than one in a war zone against their own citizens

I am fully aware of the responsibilities of wearing a weapon and taser in public plainclothes walking convicted felons from the car, down public streets and thru hospital lobby's eyeballing everyone on the off chance that today's the day . Is his victim here an angry family member a rival gang? Going to act..

So I see my criticisms of the shooting not form the view of some guy on the couch who has no clue . But from a position of experience and a supervisor... nor iam I suggesting he was a bad person or bad officer. But some mistakes cant be ingnored or undone with arguments like the guy had a record or he beat his wife . Or had a rape charge, or the color of their skin. thats just not fair treatment under the law .
By skin it is not fair treatment of the law - we have not reached fairness yet, and fully. Black people are proportionally targeted higher than others - it is not right and it is not fair. If the guy had a record or he beat his wife or had a rape charge, DV history, Assault with weapons charges can and SHOULD be a metric. Blowing up and defunding the entire system is not the answer.

But we don't know if the guy was reaching for something, clearly you are with the not other factors mattering or determined by investigation.

We are not having the conversation on what will really make strides to fix the system, we have people wanting to tear everything down because that will somehow be better - what a stupid effing thing to believe.

We are not trying to get where facts dictate what happened we are where narrative writes what to believe. We can't wait until the facts say George Floyd was wrongly murdered (likely, but the legal system needs to decide) and too many people ignore that Mike Brown was found the aggressor

We no longer take facts in the matter because "Hands Up Don't Shoot", meant to never happened with Michael Brown yet almost everyone thinks he said that and people shout it at every protest. And people then went out and executed cops in many places because reacting before understanding the facts.

Other black people have died because wrong decisions by cops and sheer stupidity, and it is wrong, happnes to white preople too. What is it by demographics? Is it outsized then too?

The vast majority of everyone thinks that

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Stripers View Post
MSNBC just ran a couple telling video comparisons on how some white mass murderers are calmly and peacefully arrested and in the case of Charlestown Church killer, even taken to Burger King right after because he was hungry. The other one show cased a naked crazed killer of three, actually attacking a grounds keeper and yet the multiple police let him run around clearly a threat and all he gets is some pepper spray. The average white American has no clue the profiling and real potential danger young black men live with and the way it might impact their behavior in a stressful encounter with a white police officer which might give him the impression his life might be in danger. Easy for us white men and women living in our comfortable homes in the suburbs to say that black man should have just calmly given up, when we don’t understand the decades of abuse that might shade their instinctive reaction.

Did your white mom and dad after giving you the birds and the bees talk, sit you down and warn you about how your life may be taken from you in a second because of your skin color, live a year in their shoes and your opinion of these incidents might change.

Again the rioting and property damage is wrong and plays right into Trumps play book, but there is a reason for concern. I’m not saying defund police, but they are protected from any criminal charges by contract in far to many municipalities. Trump won’t change anything because he to believes he is above the law as the nations top police officer.
Of course MSNBC did. There is also a common thread since yesterday that the cops in Kenosha were giving the shooter water because

Quote:
You’re not paying attention
I am not buying your insanity, there is a difference.

Apocalypse is Coming:
Old 08-28-2020, 08:34 AM   #47
Pete F.
Canceled

Here's some insanity for you

Aubrey Huff: “Kyle Rittenhouse is national treasure.”
Ann Coulter: “I want him as my president.”
Tucker Carlson: “How shocked are we that 17-year-olds with rifles decided they had to maintain order when no one else would?”

Lets Go Darwin
Old 08-28-2020, 08:53 AM   #48
JohnR

Quote:
Here's some insanity for you

Aubrey Huff: “Kyle Rittenhouse is national treasure.”
Ann Coulter: “I want him as my president.”
Tucker Carlson: “How shocked are we that 17-year-olds with rifles decided they had to maintain order when no one else would?”

I don't adhere to the rambles of those people you mention. IDGAF

He should never have been there. This is HIS fault and Local Gov's fault.

Local Law enforcement should not be over run by mostly peaceful protestors (a/k/a rioters)
An angry (armed) mob was running down breaking property

Apocalypse is Coming:
Old 08-28-2020, 09:21 AM   #49
Jim in CT

Quote:
By skin it is not fair treatment of the law - we have not reached fairness yet, and fully. Black people are proportionally targeted higher than others - it is not right and it is not fair. If the guy had a record or he beat his wife or had a rape charge, DV history, Assault with weapons charges can and SHOULD be a metric. Blowing up and defunding the entire system is not the answer.

But we don't know if the guy was reaching for something, clearly you are with the not other factors mattering or determined by investigation.

We are not having the conversation on what will really make strides to fix the system, we have people wanting to tear everything down because that will somehow be better - what a stupid effing thing to believe.

We are not trying to get where facts dictate what happened we are where narrative writes what to believe. We can't wait until the facts say George Floyd was wrongly murdered (likely, but the legal system needs to decide) and too many people ignore that Mike Brown was found the aggressor

We no longer take facts in the matter because "Hands Up Don't Shoot", meant to never happened with Michael Brown yet almost everyone thinks he said that and people shout it at every protest. And people then went out and executed cops in many places because reacting before understanding the facts.

Other black people have died because wrong decisions by cops and sheer stupidity, and it is wrong, happnes to white preople too. What is it by demographics? Is it outsized then too?

Of course MSNBC did. There is also a common thread since yesterday that the cops in Kenosha were giving the shooter water because

"Other black people have died because wrong decisions by cops and sheer stupidity, and it is wrong, happnes to white preople too. What is it by demographics? Is it outsized then too?"

According to the National Academy of Sciences...if you look at the number of actual unarmed people killed by police by race...

if you compare that to national %s of race, it happens to blacks disproportionately.

If you compare it to the % of race that live in big cities (where most of these encounters happen), it's not disproportionate.

The entire democratic party, including all the liberals here and in the media, are acting no differently than Al Sharpton did at his worst. As soon as we hear there is an encounter, we scream racist assassination, before we know any facts. Facts don't matter. Winning in November matters. That's all that matters.
Old 08-28-2020, 09:42 AM   #50
Pete F.
Canceled

Tweety's re-election strategy seems to be to argue that only Donald Trump can save America from Donald Trump’s America.

It's like if I’m at a restaurant and I ask for them to send over the not yet hired manager so I can complain about the lousy service I’m getting. Confusing, right? It makes as much sense as the Republicans somehow trying to blame Biden for the mess Trump’s made of the country.

https://www.keepamericagreat.com/

Lets Go Darwin
Old 08-28-2020, 09:47 AM   #51
Jim in CT

Quote:
Tweety's re-election strategy seems to be to argue that only Donald Trump can save America from Donald Trump’s America.

It's like if I’m at a restaurant and I ask for them to send over the not yet hired manager so I can complain about the lousy service I’m getting. Confusing, right? It makes as much sense as the Republicans somehow trying to blame Biden for the mess Trump’s made of the country.

https://www.keepamericagreat.com/
what you fail to see through your fog of insanity, is that pre covid, most americans were better off than before trumps first day. now not all of that is due to him obviously. but as 2019 came to a close, america felt peaceful ( in terms of threats from jihadists at least) and certainly prosperous.

why wouldn’t trump remind people
of that, and warn them that biden is likely to give back some of the gains we made? for sure biden wants to raise taxes dramatically. not sure i like tax hikes when we’re not nearly recovered from the pandemic.
Old 08-28-2020, 10:29 AM   #52
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
According to the National Academy of Sciences...if you look at the number of actual unarmed people killed by police by race...

if you compare that to national %s of race, it happens to blacks disproportionately.

If you compare it to the % of race that live in big cities (where most of these encounters happen), it's not disproportionate.
What about the unarmed black people like Jacob Blake that aren't killed? What about the unarmed black people who are pulled over, detained, searched, unjustly convicted etc... etc... etc...

You keep trying to misuse stats to deny anything is wrong. This is what this is all about.
Old 08-28-2020, 11:09 AM   #53
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
what you fail to see through your fog of insanity, is that pre covid, most americans were better off than before trumps first day. now not all of that is due to him obviously. but as 2019 came to a close, america felt peaceful ( in terms of threats from jihadists at least) and certainly prosperous.

why wouldn’t trump remind people
of that, and warn them that biden is likely to give back some of the gains we made? for sure biden wants to raise taxes dramatically. not sure i like tax hikes when we’re not nearly recovered from the pandemic.
What you fail to see is that our suffering for Trump’s failures is just beginning. We have lost more than half a year, Trillions of our treasure and 180,000+ lives, squandered by his incompetence. Not just incompetence, but incompetence in the pursuit of his personal interests over the needs of this country.
The last presidency capably brought us out of the Great Recession, that recovery lasted until what will likely be known as the Trump Depression. Trump, thanks to high deficits in his first two full years in office followed by massive federal expenditures aimed at offsetting the economic effects of the coronavirus crisis, is on pace to add more to the national debt in his first term than Obama. But I'm sure Tweety will claim that he will cut taxes if reelected.

My daughter lives in Paris, and in Europe the joke is Where's stupid? It's right between Canada and Mexico
The whole world is laughing at us

Lets Go Darwin
Old 08-28-2020, 11:10 AM   #54
Jim in CT

Quote:
What about the unarmed black people like Jacob Blake that aren't killed? What about the unarmed black people who are pulled over, detained, searched, unjustly convicted etc... etc... etc...

You keep trying to misuse stats to deny anything is wrong. This is what this is all about.
Is anyone saying we shouldn't investigate? But let's get the facts first, before we decide it was nothing more than a racist assassination.

They tried tasing the guy, they gave him god knows how many lawful orders to comply. They didn't walk up behind him and shoot him in the back of the head.

If he had allowed them to arrest him without resisting, what do you think the chances are that he would have been shot?

Interesting you call him unarmed, when we now know there was a knife in the car, and he was trying to get into the car, so could well have been going for the knife. Also, if he gets in the car behind the wheel, he is no longer unarmed.

Always, put the most pro-liberal spin on everything. Always.

How about the cops who get assassinated for being cops? Have you ever, once, posted about them?
Old 08-28-2020, 11:11 AM   #55
Jim in CT

Quote:
What you fail to see is that our suffering for Trump’s failures is just beginning. We have lost more than half a year, Trillions of our treasure and 180,000+ lives, squandered by his incompetence. Not just incompetence, but incompetence in the pursuit of his personal interests over the needs of this country.
The last presidency capably brought us out of the Great Recession, that recovery lasted until what will likely be known as the Trump Depression. Trump, thanks to high deficits in his first two full years in office followed by massive federal expenditures aimed at offsetting the economic effects of the coronavirus crisis, is on pace to add more to the national debt in his first term than Obama. But I'm sure Tweety will claim that he will cut taxes if reelected.

My daughter lives in Paris, and in Europe the joke is Where's stupid? It's right between Canada and Mexico
The whole world is laughing at us
Yes, let's design all of our public policy, so that the French like us.
Old 08-28-2020, 11:41 AM   #56
Pete F.
Canceled

You think it's just the French

Lets Go Darwin
Old 08-28-2020, 12:43 PM   #57
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Quote:

MSNBC didn’t stage those videos, but they clearly showed a radical difference on how those cops were handling the arrest of two mass murderers, one clearly a physical threat, but hey poor cops being profiled for shooting a black man 7 fing times in the back. Chit at my age and no training I could have taken that guy to the ground and you expect me to believe two cops can’t handle that better. Call BS!

Last edited by Got Stripers; 08-28-2020 at 01:04 PM..
Old 08-28-2020, 01:07 PM   #58
Jim in CT

Quote:
You think it's just the French

Are Russia and Syria thriving more than we are? What is your point, exactly?
Old 08-28-2020, 01:45 PM   #59
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Are Russia and Syria thriving more than we are? What is your point, exactly?
Everyone knows that Tweety is an ineffectual joke, those guys love what he's doing to America's position in the world

Lets Go Darwin
Old 08-28-2020, 01:55 PM   #60
detbuch

Quote:
Everyone knows that Tweety is an ineffectual joke, those guys love what he's doing to America's position in the world
Another one of your conspiracy theories.