Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Computers

Computers Sidetrack to Computers, Questions on your home computer? Posting just for registered members....

Old 05-14-2008, 08:38 AM   #1
SAUERKRAUT
surfwalker

Computer illiterate

I am a computer numbskull, and I am new to this s-b site. I have several questions and I am not sure if this is the correct way or forum to ask these questions:

How do I post a photo from my files into private messages or a thread, like everybody else seems to know how to do?

Why, after successfully logging in, do I frequently fall out of being logged in, and I am asked yet again to log in?

Why can't I log in from the s-b home page (ever), yet I can go to a forum, such as striper talk, and always successfully log in with those boxes?

Thank you,

Sauerkraut
SAUERKRAUT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2008, 10:49 AM   #2
MrHunters
What was that!?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAUERKRAUT View Post

How do I post a photo from my files into private messages or a thread, like everybody else seems to know how to do?
You can upload an image in advanced posting. There is a file size requirement I believe so make sure you make the photo smaller if its to big. Google XP Power Toys and find the image resizer.

Or if you are hosting the picture, say on photobucket you need to know the path to the photo and copy it. You put the path between an [ img ]put path here [ /img ] (no spaces between the brackets. if i didnt do that it would have tried to post an image

Quote:
Why, after successfully logging in, do I frequently fall out of being logged in, and I am asked yet again to log in?
Check the box when you log in to remember you

Quote:
Why can't I log in from the s-b home page (ever), yet I can go to a forum, such as striper talk, and always successfully log in with those boxes?
the main page and forums are basically 2 different websites needing two different logins. you only need to be concerned with the forum login, as far as I know.
MrHunters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2008, 01:09 PM   #3
Raven

i made a tutorial with pictures

there's two ways... ok follow me here |^| see the little yellow box with the mountains in it ....thats the insert picture box icon .................................................. .........

thats where you put in the code for where the picture is so it will post..

it can be on your computer or uploaded to a free photo bucket account and thats where you use that button.... so you can link it from your photobucket account to S-B

otherwise you have to use the old method
and upload it with the managing attachments

and here's the tutorial in pictures for that for that.

Last edited by Raven; 05-14-2008 at 01:28 PM..
Raven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2008, 01:11 PM   #4
Raven

your link

http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripert...tures+tutorial
Old 05-14-2008, 01:18 PM   #5
Raven

for example

your about to post and this is what YOU see

Old 05-14-2008, 01:22 PM   #6
Raven

the picture at photobucket

has a direct link address that will auto copy
after you UP load it from your Computer to
the photo bucket computer

then when you see it in there
you click that direct link

and paste it into the SB photo box window

like so

Old 05-14-2008, 01:30 PM   #7
Raven

if you have any trouble

send me a PM
and i'll help you
Old 06-06-2008, 04:36 PM   #8
JohnR
Certifiable Intertidal Anguiologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAUERKRAUT View Post
I am a computer numbskull, and I am new to this s-b site. I have several questions and I am not sure if this is the correct way or forum to ask these questions:

Thank you,

Sauerkraut

You can attach images with dimensions 800x800 or smaller when posting a new message or reply by going 2 inches down from the post submit button to "Manage Attachments", then follow the prompt to browse the file on your computer and upload.

When you login, be sure to hit the "remember me" button. Or make sure you don't have something blocking "cookies"

Sorry - the front page login is not tied in with the forums (yet).

~Fix the Bait~ ~Pogies Forever~

Striped Bass Fishing - All Stripers

Kobayashi Maru Election - there is no way to win.

Apocalypse is Coming:
JohnR is offline   Reply With Quote