Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Build Stuff: Custom Plug & Lure Building, Rod Building » Rod Building

Rod Building So, you've landed a nice fish on a plug you made, eh? Now, the next step, building your own RODS!

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-17-2012, 01:59 PM   #1
Saltheart

For the Rodbuilding Class starting Jan 21

Week 1

OK its just a few days til we start. i want to ask everyone to bring a notepad and pen , your reel if possible , decide on colors for your rod and if you know , decide on a distance from the butt end to the reel stem of your reel. For this rod about 18 to 22 inches would be good IMO. If you can't figure it out yourself from past rods you have had , we will be discusssing reel seat placement the first day so its OK if you don't know but at least think about it.

Class starts at 10 AM so please arrive between 9:30 and 10 AM. Don't be late as i intend to start right at 10 but also don't be too early as i will not be ready. Don't show up at 6 AM. If you get there before 9:30 please just sit in your nice warm car as i may be home but I may be running around until 9:30.

Please bring the $20 per class. It would be nice to get the entire $100 on the first day but if money is tight you can pay $20 or $40 whatever you can Please bring at least the first $20.

I should have all the parts by today and I am very happy with the way it all came together.

Saltheart
Custom Crafted Rods by Saltheart
Saltheart is offline   Reply With Quote