Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 12-23-2019, 01:57 PM   #91
PaulS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
And if I said that no one is racist, you'd have a point. I didn't, so you don't.
I do have a point - the CG found that the symbol was racist. All the people on this thread other than WDMSO are totally denying it has any racist intent.
And where are the apologies from the people in the media who immediately concluded it was racist, Paul? How come you never address that?You never asked about that. But let them apologize.

Just hand the reigns over to AOC, let her drive the democrat wagon right off the left-edge of the earth.
Who is AOC? 1 rep. with 1 vote. Didn't Pelosi say something like "who cares they have 4 votes" when talking about the squad.
Old 12-23-2019, 02:11 PM   #92
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
So why did the CG punish one of their cadets for doing the same thing?
He wasn’t a cadet
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

"If you're arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing."
Old 12-23-2019, 02:15 PM   #93
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Quote:

All the people on this thread other than WDMSO are totally denying it has any racist intent.

Now your just making chit up.

Nobody ever denied it, we just didn’t lose our collective minds and immediately jumped to racism when we saw it.

Old 12-23-2019, 02:19 PM   #94
Jim in CT

Quote:
Who is AOC? 1 rep. with 1 vote. Didn't Pelosi say something like "who cares they have 4 votes" when talking about the squad.
So you don't concede AOC is a major influence in the Democrat party right now?

How long does it take to acquire the ability to deny irrefutable truths, if they happen to be politically inconvenient?

Pelosi did say that. And then she flip flopped on impeachment, thanks largely to the squad. Pelosi had been saying all along that impeachment had to be bipartisan.
Old 12-23-2019, 02:20 PM   #95
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dad Fisherman View Post

Nobody ever denied it, we just didn’t lose our collective minds and immediately jumped to racism when we saw it.
Correct, nobody ever denied it (though I have to admit it was the first I'd heard of it).
Old 12-23-2019, 02:29 PM   #96
PaulS

Quote:
I'm not making anything up. People have their panties all in a bunch.

So why not ask the cadets what their intent was?
Old 12-23-2019, 02:29 PM   #97
PaulS

Quote:
He wasn’t a cadet
So what was he?
Old 12-23-2019, 02:35 PM   #98
PaulS

Quote:
Correct, nobody ever denied it (though I have to admit it was the first I'd heard of it).
Really, go back and reread the whole thread and tell me people weren't claiming the symbol didn't have racist connotations and it was nothing more than an okay symbol or part of a game.
Old 12-23-2019, 02:36 PM   #99
PaulS

Quote:
He wasn’t a cadet
just looked and saw he was a "member".

Feel better now?
Old 12-23-2019, 02:43 PM   #100
JohnR
Certifiable Intertidal Anguiologist

Quote:
Really, go back and reread the whole thread and tell me people weren't claiming the symbol didn't have racist connotations and it was nothing more than an okay symbol or part of a game.
The symbol does not have racist connotations 99+% of the time yet whenever someone not with their Left Party Card does it they are immediately called out as racists, and suffer the onslaught or media and the Social Media defenders of Woke.

This is a bigger problem than anything.

And for the tiny handful that do want it to be a symbol of hate, they’re getting a LOT of help from the useful idiots

~Fix the Bait~ ~Pogies Forever~

Striped Bass Fishing - All Stripers

Kobayashi Maru Election - there is no way to win.

Apocalypse is Coming:
Old 12-23-2019, 02:51 PM   #101
PaulS

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnR View Post
The symbol does not have racist connotations 99+% of the time yet whenever someone not with their Left Party Card does it they are immediately called out as racists, and suffer the onslaught or media and the Social Media defenders of Woke.

This is a bigger problem than anything.

And for the tiny handful that do want it to be a symbol of hate, they’re getting a LOT of help from the useful idiots
I agree it doesn't have racist connotations 99+% of the time. This time it might have. It was presented upsides down which I believe is further indication it is racist and it had no connection to anything else that was going on - The video clip on the news I saw did not have cadets punching each other in the arm and I didn't see it live when I was watching the game. For those reasons, I don't think the academies where out of line in looking into it, asking questions and stating the cadets didn't have racist intentions.

There hasn't been any big uproar where people have seen the symbol and are calling people racist. It is as much if not more about the right complaining about it as anyone on the left actually doing it - red herring.

No one would ever accuse some 11 year old in Jim's town at the bus stop who flashed the sign and then punched someone in the arm of being racist.
Old 12-23-2019, 03:32 PM   #102
Jim in CT

Quote:
I agree it doesn't have racist connotations 99+% of the time. This time it might have. It was presented upsides down which I believe is further indication it is racist and it had no connection to anything else that was going on - The video clip on the news I saw did not have cadets punching each other in the arm and I didn't see it live when I was watching the game. For those reasons, I don't think the academies where out of line in looking into it, asking questions and stating the cadets didn't have racist intentions.

There hasn't been any big uproar where people have seen the symbol and are calling people racist. It is as much if not more about the right complaining about it as anyone on the left actually doing it - red herring.

No one would ever accuse some 11 year old in Jim's town at the bus stop who flashed the sign and then punched someone s in the arm of being racist.
the Sandman kid was 16 when he was called the next James Earl Ray in every tv station except for one.
True or false? the tv clips we all saw, failed to show that the kids were victims of racist taunts, not perpetrators. watch what you are fed by the media Paul. They obviously have an agenda. Again, how many examples do you need to admit that, because whatever the number is, I can post that many examples.

your side is un-hinged.

The circle game as it’s called, is popular in high schools and colleges too. it requires the ok sign to be flashed upside down. but let’s assume it means Heil Hitler.
Old 12-23-2019, 03:42 PM   #103
PaulS

Quote:
the Sandman kid was 16 when he was called the next James Earl Ray in every tv station except for one.
True or false? the tv clips we all saw, failed to show that the kids were victims of racist taunts, not perpetrators. watch what you are fed by the media Paul. They obviously have an agenda. Again, how many examples do you need to admit that, because whatever the number is, I can post that many examples.

your side is un-hinged.And what do you call evangelicals supporting a vile man or the right afraid to criticize a President who insults women, the military generals, dead war hero's ,steals $ from charities, I can go post how ever many posts you want to show the outright hypocrisy of the right.

The circle game as it’s called, is popular in high schools and colleges too. it requires the ok sign to be flashed upside down. but let’s assume it means Heil Hitler.

Start a thread about sandman if you want - You bring up him and the Duke kids as much as you can. I suppose the right has apologized to Hillary for all the lies that were said about her - they obviously have an agenda. Did you ever see the stat that said people who get their news from Fox actually know less than people who don't watch the news.
Old 12-23-2019, 03:46 PM   #104
scottw

Quote:

bingo
Old 12-23-2019, 03:51 PM   #105
scottw

Quote:
Did you ever see the stat that said people who get their news from Fox actually know less than people who don't watch the news.
this makes sense since I don't watch the news and your ilk always seem to know what's going on over there at Fox
Old 12-23-2019, 03:59 PM   #106
Jim in CT

Quote:
Start a thread about sandman if you want - You bring up him and the Duke kids as much as you can. I suppose the right has apologized to Hillary for all the lies that were said about her - they obviously have an agenda. Did you ever see the stat that said people who get their news from Fox actually know less than people who don't watch the news.
The thread is about your sides willingness to go on national TV, and label anyone who disagrees with them, a racist. This is just the latest manifestation.

Hilary is innocent? he didn't lie to protect her predator husband, and lut-shame his victima on national TV? That's all made up?

Children, Paul. I'm talking about kids who did absolutely nothing wrong, but found themselves in yoru sides crosshairs. Deny it all you want. Because lberal=good, aways. A der der.
Old 12-23-2019, 04:01 PM   #107
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	tie.jpg
Views:	411
Size:	44.0 KB
ID:	66760  

Old 12-23-2019, 04:10 PM   #108
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	VirtueSignal.png
Views:	411
Size:	430.7 KB
ID:	66761  

Old 12-23-2019, 04:26 PM   #109
Sea Dangles

Quote:
See - more insults from the right - and yet you claim the left is having a temper tantrum or is angry. You don't see those type of insults from the people on the left here.

Tell the super. that and come back and let us know what he says.
No ,when you call Seadogg ( who seldom posts)an idiot for expressing his opinion,it is not meant as an insult. You are the typical snowflake who just decided the rules only apply to one side. Or was that just another of your bad boy days?

PRO CHOICE REPUBLICAN
Old 12-23-2019, 06:11 PM   #110
PaulS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sea Dangles View Post
No ,when you call Seadogg ( who seldom posts)an idiot for expressing his opinion,it is not meant as an insult. You are the typical snowflake who just decided the rules only apply to one side. Or was that just another of your bad boy days?
It certainly was meant as an insult - I returned the venom he posted. I knew he would throw an insult and run away - and that is exactly what happened.

It is like with you, I don't take your rude, vile comments. What kind of person calls people on-line a POS, makes comments about people's wives and kids?
Old 12-23-2019, 11:18 PM   #111
Sea Dangles

Quote:
It certainly was meant as an insult - I returned the venom he posted. I knew he would throw an insult and run away - and that is exactly what happened.

It is like with you, I don't take your rude, vile comments. What kind of person calls people on-line a POS, makes comments about people's wives and kids?
FWIW ,I would say it to your face.

Btw , Seadogg posted his opinion. None of which was directed at you personally. The insult was directed towards democrats. You chose to make an ad hominem attack because you take their mistakes personally. But keep complaining about the mean republicans while you mimic what you are crying about. P*ssy,you are the face of the left.🤡🤡🤡

PRO CHOICE REPUBLICAN
Old 12-24-2019, 08:05 AM   #112
PaulS

Quote:
FWIW ,I would say it to your face. [COLOR="Red"[/COLOR]

Btw , Seadogg posted his opinion. None of which was directed at you personally. The insult was directed towards democrats. You chose to make an ad hominem attack because you take their mistakes personally. But keep complaining about the mean republicans while you mimic what you are crying about. P*ssy,you are the face of the left.������
tough guy - hopefully some day we meet up.

P*ssy - You are a classy guy
Old 12-24-2019, 08:25 AM   #113
JohnR
Certifiable Intertidal Anguiologist

How about a little pre-freickin Christmas cheer FFS?

~Fix the Bait~ ~Pogies Forever~

Striped Bass Fishing - All Stripers

Kobayashi Maru Election - there is no way to win.

Apocalypse is Coming:
Old 12-24-2019, 08:29 AM   #114
RIROCKHOUND
Also known as OAK

Quote:
FWIW ,I would say it to your face.

Btw , Seadogg posted his opinion. None of which was directed at you personally. The insult was directed towards democrats. You chose to make an ad hominem attack because you take their mistakes personally. But keep complaining about the mean republicans while you mimic what you are crying about. P*ssy,you are the face of the left.🤡🤡🤡
Hmmm.. I thought name calling was a tactic of the left?

Oh that's right, you 'call it like you see it's... One might say, if they were to call it like they see it, that your posts on here reflect those of an angry, name calling middle-aged white guy. Perhaps you are the face of the right?

Bryan

Originally Posted by #^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&
"For once I agree with Spence. UGH. I just hope I don't get the urge to go start buying armani suits to wear in my shop"
Old 12-24-2019, 08:53 AM   #115
PaulS

No point in commenting. He can't help himself.
Old 12-24-2019, 09:37 AM   #116
scottw

Quote:
How about a little pre-freickin Christmas cheer FFS?
they started drinking early
Old 12-24-2019, 10:41 AM   #117
Sea Dangles

Quote:
tough guy - hopefully some day we meet up.

P*ssy - You are a classy guy
I already tried to take you fishing and you said no. You will be getting another invite next summer. Enjoy your Christmas muscleman

PRO CHOICE REPUBLICAN
Old 12-24-2019, 12:28 PM   #118
Sea Dangles

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIROCKHOUND View Post

Oh that's right, you 'call it like you see it's... One might say, if they were to call it like they see it, that your posts on here reflect those of an angry, name calling middle-aged white guy. Perhaps you are the face of the right?
Do what makes you Happy Bryan.

PRO CHOICE REPUBLICAN
Old 12-28-2019, 02:28 PM   #119
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIROCKHOUND View Post

You forgot insecure.