Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 01-11-2020, 08:40 AM   #1
Jim in CT

politics and Iran

desperate to deny Trump the political victory he secured with the way the Iran situation played out, house democrats voted to limit what Trump can do militarily in the future.

Rep Brian Mast (R-FL) talked for a moment in the floor of congress to express his opinion. He has a vested interest in this, you’ll see why if you watch him walk off the stage.

There is literally nothing that matters more to democrats than their hatred of Trump. I for one, am glad and proud to be on this guys side. if my positions put me squarely at odds with this man, Id ask myself why that was the case.

https://pjmedia.com/trending/congres...NbcFR0P4b9QdDg
Old 01-11-2020, 10:13 AM   #2
wdmso

Funny their are vets who are Dems and serve in congress who have been maimed by war ,
And see things different

And this guys clearly is carrying republican talking points that if you against assasination some how your un American,, I see his comments as un American and his willingness to allow Trump un checked power..

the constitution seems only to apply when republicans need it ... to funny
Old 01-11-2020, 10:53 AM   #3
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post

the constitution seems only to apply when republicans need it ... to funny
republicans are the ones who ignore the constitution routinely? Conservatives do that more than progressives?

Fascinating.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 01-11-2020, 11:27 AM   #4
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
republicans are the ones who ignore the constitution routinely? Conservatives do that more than progressives?

Fascinating.
Well, coming from the party that thinks that 1A, 2A, and the Electoral College are just “ Suggestions”, it’s not surprising.

"If you're arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing."
Old 01-11-2020, 11:28 AM   #5
spence

Quote:
desperate to deny Trump the political victory he secured with the way the Iran situation played out, house democrats voted to limit what Trump can do militarily in the future.
Great, so Trump makes a unilateral, potentially illegal, reckless and extremely risky escalation (which still fails to show justification) and because it somehow doesn't lead to all out war in 48 hours he gets a win.

Wow, that's a freaking low bar you're holding there Jim. His fragile ego, hatred for all things Obama and ring of sycophants should give you a great reason to be very concerned.
Old 01-11-2020, 11:36 AM   #6
Jim in CT

spence says it’s reckless
to kill a terrorist and enemy combatant, credited with killing 600 americans. it’s less risky to let him keep operating. he’s not willing to take on any risk to provide justice for the victims.

Spence, if the economy holds ( no one knows if it will), Trump wins again. How long will you go into self exile this time?
Old 01-11-2020, 11:38 AM   #7
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dad Fisherman View Post
Well, coming from the party that thinks that 1A, 2A, and the Electoral College are just “ Suggestions”, it’s not surprising.
progressives think the interpretation institution should evolve with the times, conservatives don’t. that’s basic politics, not sure how he denies that.
Old 01-11-2020, 11:52 AM   #8
spence

Quote:
spence says it’s reckless
to kill a terrorist and enemy combatant, credited with killing 600 americans. it’s less risky to let him keep operating. he’s not willing to take on any risk to provide justice for the victims.

Spence, if the economy holds ( no one knows if it will), Trump wins again. How long will you go into self exile this time?
John, we need a double facepalm emoji now.

Next you'll be claiming democrats love terrorists, oops Collins beat you to it.
Old 01-11-2020, 11:59 AM   #9
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post

so Trump makes a unilateral, potentially illegal, reckless and extremely risky escalation

panties on fire
Old 01-11-2020, 12:02 PM   #10
Sea Dangles

More unhinged from poor Jeff.
Old 01-11-2020, 12:48 PM   #11
Jim in CT

Quote:

i’m not that stupid to say that. but you said very clearly, it’s wrong for us to assume risk to deal with the Soleimini’s of the world. let’s deal with what you explicitly said, rather than claim I said gibberish i sense that i’d never say. Fair enough?

You didn’t care about possible Al
Queda retaliation when obama has
bin laden killed. Because
orange man bad, and because
obama gives you erections.
Old 01-11-2020, 12:57 PM   #12
spence

Quote:
i’m not that stupid to say that. but you said very clearly, it’s wrong for us to assume risk to deal with the Soleimini’s of the world. let’s deal with what you explicitly said, rather than claim I said gibberish i sense that i’d never say. Fair enough?
Who ever said we can't tolerate risk? Good lord the irony in your post.
Old 01-11-2020, 01:02 PM   #13
Jim in CT

Quote:
Who ever said we can't tolerate risk? Good lord the irony in your post.
you said killing him was a reckless
and risky escalation. i don’t think that between the coasts, that’s a popular opinion. if
those words sound idiotic
to you i agree with you, but the fact is they’re your words.
Old 01-11-2020, 02:00 PM   #14
JohnR
Certifiable Intertidal Anguiologist

Quote:

The amount of Progressives and Dems directly laying the blame of the Iran downing of the Ukraine 737 on Trump would indicate that.

The amount of Progressives and Dems celebrating the life of Soleimani would indicate that.

It has been bizzarro world past week.

~Fix the Bait~ ~Pogies Forever~

Striped Bass Fishing - All Stripers

Kobayashi Maru Election - there is no way to win.

Apocalypse is Coming:
Old 01-11-2020, 02:03 PM   #15
Jim in CT

a great week for trump, probably the best of his presidency, can’t imagine what his fundraising was.
Old 01-11-2020, 02:27 PM   #16
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnR View Post
The amount of Progressives and Dems directly laying the blame of the Iran downing of the Ukraine 737 on Trump would indicate that.
I haven't seen any Dems laying the blame directly on Trump, but it is fair to say had he not made such a reckless move the Iranians wouldn't have had the opportunity to eff it up so badly and those people would be alive. I'm still trying to understand how the Iranians could have been operating regular commercial flights the same day they're launching rockets.

It does also highlight how most of the rest of the world views Iran under a different lens. Imagine, Iranian kids going to college in Canada. I thought they were all terrorists.

Quote:
The amount of Progressives and Dems celebrating the life of Soleimani would indicate that.
Haven't seen this either, not once.
Old 01-11-2020, 02:42 PM   #17
Jim in CT

spence, it was “reckless” to kill Soleimini, right? the responsible thing to
do, was to let him keep killing people? what do you teach your kids, that actions have no consequences, as long as other kids are sufficiently scared of them?
Old 01-11-2020, 02:48 PM   #18
wdmso

Quote:
I haven't seen any Dems laying the blame directly on Trump, but it is fair to say had he not made such a reckless move the Iranians wouldn't have had the opportunity to eff it up so badly and those people would be alive. I'm still trying to understand how the Iranians could have been operating regular commercial flights the same day they're launching rockets.

It does also highlight how most of the rest of the world views Iran under a different lens. Imagine, Iranian kids going to college in Canada. I thought they were all terrorists.

Haven't seen this either, not once.
Of course you haven't its another made up narrative by republicans to present any one with different view is un American or Iranian sympathizer..

But OMG the right being called deplorables . They were outraged

But calling others un American or sympathizer must be how they intend to make America great again
Old 01-11-2020, 02:49 PM   #19
Jim in CT

spence, if
killing was reckless, why did Susan Rice day that if the obama
administration had been given the same opportunity, they would have seriously considered it?

Was the Bataan Death March our fault too? After all, If the entire world simply capitulated to Japan, they would have had no reason to attack athe Philippines, and the Death March wouldn’t have happened. Right?

The AP headline said, and this is an
exact quote, “Iranian General
Killed In US Strike, Then Innocents Suffer.””

That’s not misleading, nope.
Old 01-11-2020, 02:53 PM   #20
wdmso

Quote:

Fascinating.
Try to follow along were talking executive privilege and Republicans conceding their constitutional powers to the president,, for conservatives 2a is the whole constitution
Old 01-11-2020, 03:02 PM   #21
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
Try to follow along were talking executive privilege and Republicans conceding their constitutional powers to the president,, for conservatives 2a is the whole constitution
i’m a republican and i want more gun control. republicans don’t embrace the freedoms of speech and religion?
Old 01-11-2020, 03:55 PM   #22
detbuch

Quote:
I haven't seen any Dems laying the blame directly on Trump, but it is fair to say had he not made such a reckless move the Iranians wouldn't have had the opportunity to eff it up so badly and those people would be alive.

Indirect blame is blame none-the-less. And it is a cowardly and often stupid way of avoiding direct responsibility by making it seem to appear that blame is not actually being cast while it effectively is. That is what you are doing here--pretending that you are not directly saying it was Trumps fault, yet making it "fair to say" that his action is responsible since if he hadn't done it, the plane would not have been shot down and those people would be alive.

And you fail to note the infinite other "flapping of butterflies wings" that could have led to the tragedy. For instance, if Soleimani had not killed thousands and thousands of people, including Americans, this tragedy wouldn't have happened. If Iran didn't sponsor terrorism and try to rule over Iraq, it wouldn't have happened. And the myriad other if's that led up to what is going on now. It is stupid to claim that there was a singular causal relationship between the killing of Soleimani and the plane being shot down. And it is more cowardly, devious, and dirty to just imply it.

I'm still trying to understand how the Iranians could have been operating regular commercial flights the same day they're launching rockets.
Perhaps they were being reckless.
Old 01-11-2020, 04:54 PM   #23
Jim in CT

The AP didn't refer to Soleimani as a terrorist, or an enemy combatant, but simply as "an Iranian General". As if we had no legitimate reason to kill him. This was the Associated Press.

He put in amotion a plan to bomb a Washington DC restaurant, yet they only referred to him as an Iranian General.

Nancy Pelosi said, "how would we like it if Iran killed our number two?" I'm sorry, how many plots did Mike Pence put in mtion to put bombs in restaurants? Spence, WDMSO, how many? It's beyond insane to make any moral equivalence between him and Mike Pence.

To the snowflakes here, go ahead and tell me that's not a bullsh*t, deliberately misleading headline. You people STILL have absolutely no idea how Trump won, why he gets tens of thousands of people at his rallies. No clue. Not the faintest clue. It's stupifying to watch. It's like you don't want to win in November.

And with all the flight from blus states to red states (so much for liberal utopia), red states will pick up some congressional seats after the census, blue states will lose some seats. All hail the electoral college...
Old 01-11-2020, 09:57 PM   #24
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Quote:
I haven't seen any Dems laying the blame directly on Trump
https://www.huffpost.com/entry/jacki...b6da971d13f559

“If what is being projected is true, this is yet another example of collateral damage from the actions that have been taken in a provocative way by the president of the United States,” Speier said.

Old 01-11-2020, 10:08 PM   #25
spence

Quote:
https://www.huffpost.com/entry/jacki...b6da971d13f559

“If what is being projected is true, this is yet another example of collateral damage from the actions that have been taken in a provocative way by the president of the United States,” Speier said.
Nothing wrong with that.
Old 01-11-2020, 10:19 PM   #26
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Quote:
Nothing wrong with that.
Well, you were wrong for starters, so there's that.

Old 01-11-2020, 10:50 PM   #27
spence

Quote:
Well, you were wrong for starters, so there's that.
Be a parent of the dead, then respond.
Old 01-11-2020, 11:45 PM   #28
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Quote:
Be a parent of the dead, then respond.
You're Still Wrong

Wrong wrong wrong

Old 01-11-2020, 11:55 PM   #29
detbuch

Quote:
You're Still Wrong

Wrong wrong wrong
I agree. And he is not only wrong wrong wrong wrong, he is ignorant bordering closely on stupid.
Old 01-12-2020, 08:47 AM   #30
wdmso

Robert O'Brien said he expects to have trimmed about a third of the ranks at the National Security Council by the end of next month.

Wow shocking Trump want less people to advise him, Translated

I only want yes men on my national security council
His administration is still full of Temps. Aka yes men

Found this interesting

Mike Pence and Mike Pompeo, who urged Trump to kill Qassem Soleimani, are ardent proponents of Christian Zionism.

Jim supporting discrimination in not supporting religious freedoms , only far right Republicans see these as such